AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-07, 19:12   Link #1061
Eviltape

No, what I meant is that both "candidates" are reliant on Hiro, but with one more than the other. Miyako, as you know, is the one that's pretty much dependent on Hiro's existence. Then there's Kei, who has the possibility of being semi-independent (except for causing Chihiro's accident) and possibly leaning toward Kyosuke as maybe suggested by the episode preview. But hey, most previews are made to give you misinterpretations of the episode to increase the hype involved.

I didn't know it was in every single romance anime thread, as I refrain from watching these daytime soap-like series. If I did frequent said threads, I wouldn't mention it at all. But I probably should stop saying to myself, "OH MY GOD THIS IS JUST LIKE THAT ONE SCENE IN SCHOOL DAYS..."

Spoiler for the people that played the game:
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 20:03   Link #1062
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The fact that School Days comparisons show up in every romance thread is bothersome, but less bothersome than the fact that producers are trying to imitate it in various ways. Not at all in this show, contrary to what Eviltape suggested, but definitely in ep10 of Myself;Yourself. It is extremely troubling that such a third-rate series as School Days became so popular just because of its violence.

But I hope Eviltape is enjoying this show and will try out some other romances. They won't all be nearly as good as ef, but romances are often much more psychologically interesting than most other genres, for me. Just because a show has some soap-opera-like aspects doesn't make it bad. I think a prejudice against romance is at least as mistaken as my own prejudice against mecha and shounen adventure.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 22:52   Link #1063
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Loved this episode anew. I really like Tenmon's music and Shaft's art direction and style, i.e. the transition from the ED to the epilogue of the episode. Regarding the content of episode 9, I see that the lines are now place for a Miyako x Hirono end. IMO, they are suited for each other. Hmm, I also feel that the Renji x Chihiro would lead to a GOOD end, I just don't know how the SHAFT will pull it off.
Old 2007-12-07, 23:02   Link #1064
taelrak

I don't have a problem with Kei per se so much as the fact that Shaft has 2? 3? episodes to wrap up all the stories and not make Kei + Kyoushiro look like just yet another rebound relationship :P

This is not counting the screentime necessary for the final resolution of Hiro + Miya and Renji + Chihiro. Of course they're not going to get to Yuuko and Yu but that was pretty much expected.

Still, this is assuming that they plan to bring some sort of "conclusion" to any of them at all though, since there's no reason to actually. Better to leave things open-ended and even have one "couple" separated (even if it goes against the game's theme and plot) than to rush to bring some sort of false closure.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 23:55   Link #1065
dojikyo

They could just hint at it and it leave for a season two, if ef, somehow becomes popular enough. Basically, it would be like the His/Her Circumstances ending.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 00:30   Link #1066
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The fact that School Days comparisons show up in every romance thread is bothersome, but less bothersome than the fact that producers are trying to imitate it in various ways. Not at all in this show, contrary to what Eviltape suggested, but definitely in ep10 of Myself;Yourself. It is extremely troubling that such a third-rate series as School Days became so popular just because of its violence.
Okay...what??? Don't tell me you're saying that because of the black blood.

Reality check: Black blood has existed in anime well before School Days. Black blood only became well-known because of School Days. And without the blood comparison, I see even less to tie M;Y in with SD. So please, don't spread the poison. M;Y is not trying to be SD.

Sorry for the off-topic-ness, but this baseless SD comparison stuff really needs to be snuffed out. It's quite true that it's only a third-rate series that only got to be so big because of the mind-warp-ness and gore, which makes it all the more annoying that everybody and their brother keeps saying "HEY, [insert weak similarity here]!! SCHOOL DAYS!!!" in almost every romance show.
Old 2007-12-08, 01:31   Link #1067
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, Shinji103, you're probably right. I'm just over-sensitive because SD annoyed me so much.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 01:36   Link #1068
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Violence or no, you have to admit the debauchery and twistedness in School Days is almost legendary now.

BTW, I think School Days did a good thing actually. Now that they know what happens when they go off the deep end, more shows won't bother going through with the real life drama of airing it rather than concentrating in good endings (in both the figurative way of well written endings + a not-so-violent-it-leads-to-multiple-murders way).
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 01:59   Link #1069
luckyfoshizzle

I hope they plan on wrapping up Miyako, Kei, and Hirono quickly in the last few episodes because there's not much more left to be done with them anymore, unless Hirono tries to hook up with both of them, of course. There's still so much left to be explored with Chihiro and Renji (hoping for a good ending with these two).

Chihiro and Renji's story just feels way more original to me. They could do just about anything with the Miyako, Kei, and Hirono story and it still won't be nearly as good as Chihiro and Renji's. Even though there are a lot of original parts to their story, it still could of seems like the same old, same old love triangle to me, albeit with tons of craziness thrown in, but it's nothing compared to Chihiro.

I also think Chihiro and Renji's voice actors are two of the best I've ever heard and I love the way they draw their scenes to convey their emotions, more so than they do with Hei/hir/miy (with exception to the crazy messages, of course, that was the most haunting part of the series so far).
luckyfoshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 02:03   Link #1070
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
You sure picked very wrong 4 words to describe the situation, as it doesn't even remotely resemble School Days.
*Skyfall is getting annoyed at this shallow and tasteless comparison being thrown around in every single romance anime thread*
Quote:

But I hope Eviltape is enjoying this show and will try out some other romances. They won't all be nearly as good as ef, but romances are often much more psychologically interesting than most other genres, for me. Just because a show has some soap-opera-like aspects doesn't make it bad. I think a prejudice against romance is at least as mistaken as my own prejudice against mecha and shounen adventure.
I still haven't watched school days yet, so I don't get the reference >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojikyo View Post
They could just hint at it and it leave for a season two, if ef, somehow becomes popular enough. Basically, it would be like the His/Her Circumstances ending.
Don't spoil a good anime by creating a spinoff or a bad second season. That's what I would say.

Well... back to photoshop, i have a request to fulfill ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 03:39   Link #1071
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
You sure picked very wrong 4 words to describe the situation, as it doesn't even remotely resemble School Days.
*Skyfall is getting annoyed at this shallow and tasteless comparison being thrown around in every single romance anime thread*
It has a melodramatic love triangle. It's School Days LOL.
Quote:
Yes! Thank you! Wonderfully put. I'm glad I'm not the only one sick of all the School Days comparisons.

Ep 9

I love what they're doing with the Chihiro x Renji subplot. They're tackling these complex ideas, which is commendable of itself, but taking them on totally head-on and analyzing every aspect of what such a relationship would involve. Which is good. No half measures.

I agree with luckyfoshizzle, the love triangle is starting to run out of momentum, and probably needs to reach its conclusion soon. It has been fascinating to date, but there really isn't much more than can do with it without going over ground they've already covered.

Good ep overall, but not the best in this series.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 07:09   Link #1072
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Violence or no, you have to admit the debauchery and twistedness in School Days is almost legendary now.

BTW, I think School Days did a good thing actually. Now that they know what happens when they go off the deep end, more shows won't bother going through with the real life drama of airing it rather than concentrating in good endings (in both the figurative way of well written endings + a not-so-violent-it-leads-to-multiple-murders way).
Indeed SD is a legend...an undying legend that will forever haunt any romance series should they ever give a hint of "going mad"

To a person like me, who loved how SD turned out - as well as the "cheap drama" I don't really mind the lawls about what people say, but i do understand how it annoys others who didnt like the series (which is quite a lot ).

But in the end SD will remain deep in our hearts as a failure (or a success ).

I guess now isnt the good time to break this out then?
Spoiler:

...and where the heck can i get one of these!?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 07:18   Link #1073
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

To that, I'd say: WHY MARCH?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 07:20   Link #1074
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Probably because january and february are taken by either Miyako, Chihiro or Yuuko.
Old 2007-12-08, 11:27   Link #1075
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
...and where the heck can i get one of these!?

That calendar series is what's included spread out over all the of the R2 merchandise for the show. So if you want the whole calendar...

January - OP Single
February - ED1 Single
March - ED2 Single
April - OST
May & June - DVD 1 LE
July - ED3 Single
August to December - DVDs 2 through 6

Collect them all!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 11:39   Link #1076
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That calendar series is what's included spread out over all the of the R2 merchandise for the show. So if you want the whole calendar...

January - OP Single
February - ED1 Single
March - ED2 Single
April - OST
May & June - DVD 1 LE
July - ED3 Single
August to December - DVDs 2 through 6

Collect them all!

Thats a huge incentive to collect...but my wallet is already crying ;_;

thx for the insight

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 12:07   Link #1077
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Thats a huge incentive to collect...but my wallet is already crying ;_;
Yup, I know. I mean between all that above, the upcoming game, and cute trinkets like this, my wallet's definitely in pain.

I'll be sure to post some images from DVD1 LE when I get it early next week.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 12:10   Link #1078
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Yup, I know. I mean between all that above, the upcoming game, and cute trinkets like this, my wallet's definitely in pain.

I'll be sure to post some images from DVD1 LE when I get it early next week.
lol, that is not a triket relentlessflame ^^ that's 55 dollars worth of piping

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 14:03   Link #1079
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

I
think;
I need
more than just coffee.

Yuukyuu no tsubasa, piano variation

Uh, played by yours truly. D:. I'm also actually double.posting this youtube video.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 16:41   Link #1080
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
April - OST
Wait a minute, i thought this was being released in February?

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft