I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:44   Link #262
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Out of curiosity, why do some people say that the pilots of Celestial Being are horrible and rely solely on their Gundams and so on? The only pilot to be outmanuvered (because the enemy planned tactics specifically for him) was Tieria and the Virtue, who relied on his (only) two weapons and tried to overpower the Tierens with the GN drive. Tieria was the one saved solely by his mecha, so I could understand him, even if I would argue that the NG-004 is not a deus ex machina.

But Allelujah was only captured because of Soma's presence. And while you could argue that the Kyrios broke out of its container solely due to its strength, that has nothing to do with its tactics. The only proper fighting Kyrios did was against Ming, who willingly threw himself to his death, just trying to push the Kyrios away from the retreating Sergei and Soma. Had he done that to a Union Flag, he would have been just as dead.

Setsuna fought with the twin restrictions of both being a short-range fighter and having to stay close to the Ptolemy. Setsuna doesn't get drawn out by the lure, he doesn't just rely on his armor to keep him safe, and he spends most of the time dashing to and fro trying to keep off the enemy MS, and still manages to cut a few. He doesn't just rely on his MS to tear though the opposition, which is what they try and goad him into doing.

And Lockon could hardly be said to have a major advantage in this fight. He was immobile and faced with an easily exploitable blind spot, his targeting computer was majorly off, he couldn't fire at MS close by for fear of damaging the ship, and was constantly covered by the GN barrier. He fought despite his mech, not because of it.
Because Setsuna, who fought aganist a supped up flap was hit and retreating despite his superior suit, the second time around, he's suits head was almost ripped of by sergie, and he won because he's suite had more out put and more weapons, the other time when fighting against the mercs he was losing until his suits better weapon was able to destroy Ali's close range sword, again with the mobile armor, he took several torpedo hits again, thanks to his suite he survived. Seeing a pattern here?

Virtue, after getting his shots dodge was about to lose until he revealed something the enemy didn't know, and Kyrois's pilot seemed to have one too many screw lose to be piloting anything, hence, in comparsion to pervious Gundam Ace's they seem to lack (so far) the aptitude for MS combat.

Lastly, a good pilot would have been able to evade those tactics in the first place, in other words, a true ace would not have been stupid enough to place himself in such a tight spot to begin with.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:50   Link #263
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Thought this ep was awesome because it engaged you with so many dynamic questions which are great to try and figure out at this point in the show...Gundam usually gives the audience a very forward explanation of what the pilot is working with in how he//she relates to the mecha-piloting...I mean they show you the pilot is a Newtype and you know what he is....They show you Seed-mode and you know the concept behind the piloting...But in 00 we've seen multiple scenes of the character powering-up to some extent with no clear reasoning besides calculated bread-crumbs (Setsuna's 1up on Ali, Tieria's eye-glow during transformation, Allah-Hallah-Soma connection and how it relates to better piloting for each) At first I thought it might be artistically based (and who knows it may well be), but it has been a very creative way of playing with this concept for me...This episode had more of that...

Is Tieria a clone?
Is he a Soopa-soldier? (Did they nerf his testosterone in that project?)
What's with the eye-glow activation?
Is he Veda's conduit?

Another set of things that pull at your mind and then you get some high-level action with the Transformation of his Gundam being a similar dichotomy to Tieria as a character...I thought Nadleeh's released parts were gonna serve as a funnel-like or remote-controlled type of armament...Looked so l33t how those parts scattered along the sides of the cord-haired mecha...That was some cool $hit and Sergei (by the mere awe of that) had no choice but to retreat taking a valuable checker-piece of info back despite his lost (Sergei got something tangible outta of that misplayed opportunity to me)...Also with Hallah-Soma's connection and how that will bare informational fruit on CB...

Why does the Gundam respond like a beast to Hallah's piloting?
What's the relationship of that mind-fracture?
Is Allah really even the dominate personality? Is he just the facade?
(Not to mention the countless questions about the soopa-soldier project)

This ep was so dope in the little nuggets of info that made your brain keep attention, while flooding the visuals with loads of mecha-candy...I mean it gave Kyrios a whole 'nother atmosphere as a MS...As I heard someone else mention the level of darkness that was attributed to Kyrios is something you don't see often in Gundam....Almost demonising in nature the way he tortured that soldier...Not like Shinn and DESTINY carving up the hot teen runaway couple to Phantom of the Opera music, but just oldschool hardcore coldness that's only really appreciated in the older UC series...This episode had alot of that and for those who've seen stuff like Zeta, V, 8thMS, etc. I know they get my drift when I say "oldschool coldness"...

10 eps in and the nature behind the pilots' selection is still so interesting and shrouded in questions (The Lolickon Twin kinda gets lost in all this^^)...This amplifies all the little subtle aspects of how they pilot and what "power" (for lack of a better word) they have...Too many breadcrumbs for me to blow them off as character shields, but we'll see...For me this ep was classic Gundam, if you know what classic Gundam is...If you don't I'm telling you it's like this episode, but 00 has a few more intriguing questions to wrap your head around while enjoying the cool, high quality visual action..

This ep was a 10 for me...
Old 2007-12-11, 00:55   Link #264
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I had a ton of fun blogging this episode. Gundam 00 Episode 10 is up in close to record time.

If people thought the Gundam's were too perfect and the CB pilots too uber, everybody gets to show a weakness this episode (well mostly everyone), and it's interesting to see these weakness' on the centre stage. Now what happens though....well it looks like the next episode is about an Allelujah journey of self discovery as far as I can tell. Hopefully they'll still show the aftermath for the rest of CB crew though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:02   Link #265
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Why does the Gundam respond like a beast to Hallah's piloting?
To me, Kyrios didn't do anything that Allelujah can't make it do if only he's willing. The weirder connection would be between Virtue and Tieria. (Of course, he could've pushed a button to start the purge...)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:02   Link #266
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Would Sergei try to win Allelujah back or something if he finds out about Allelujah?

Old 2007-12-11, 01:06   Link #267
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
though i am remined of another thing i was a bit disappointed in... i was really expecting the lieutenant to self destruct his mobile suit in order to do some serious damage to Kyrios. though it could be the case that either those mobile suits are not designed with such features or that the pilot still had some hope of getting of their alive; which is a normal human reaction... thouhg you might expect a solider to still think of self-destruction when such hope was lost like when Hallelujah started to finsh him off
Well, you are of course entitled to your opinion. But in my view, 00 should never EVER allow self-destruction buttons on their mobilesuits. Even more so, an armoured vehicle simply can't be designed to explode in any way that could damage others, while still able to not blow up by accident.

If a grunt MS packed enough internal explosive power to kill surrounding units, then you can cause a horrific chain reaction by simply killing one of them.

Just like the added security system against gundamjacks, the absence of a "kill yourself" button improves the sense of realism.
Old 2007-12-11, 01:07   Link #268
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Would Sergei try to win Allelujah back or something if he finds out about Allelujah?
And risk Hallelujah going on with his blood lust? I think not.
Old 2007-12-11, 01:09   Link #269
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I had a ton of fun blogging this episode. Gundam 00 Episode 10 is up in close to record time.

If people thought the Gundam's were too perfect and the CB pilots too uber, everybody gets to show a weakness this episode (well mostly everyone), and it's interesting to see these weakness' on the centre stage. Now what happens though....well it looks like the next episode is about an Allelujah journey of self discovery as far as I can tell. Hopefully they'll still show the aftermath for the rest of CB crew though.
You have an interesting perspective when it comes to watching gundam 00

And it all makes sense now

Though I'm getting annoyed by Wang...
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:11   Link #270
Cherudim Arche

Wang is becoming the next Lacus or Meer.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:13   Link #271
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
To me, Kyrios didn't do anything that Allelujah can't make it do if only he's willing. The weirder connection would be between Virtue and Tieria. (Of course, he could've pushed a button to start the purge...)
But that's the point...He's NOT willing and Hallah's willingness transformed the entire aspect of how Kyrios has been presented up to this point...Now it's a winged-beast of hell and torture when operated to it's max...Clearly he did SOMETHING Allah can't do, because Hallah did it...And based upon Allah's reactions (internally, aswell as when he regained dominance of the personality), it doesn't indicate he will fight even close to that manner without changing...
Old 2007-12-11, 01:15   Link #272
Cherudim Arche

So one can bring up the Kyrios to it full potential and the other is plagued by killing.
Old 2007-12-11, 01:16   Link #273
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

@ Vallen Chaos Valiant

Tieria would like to have a word with you. They didn't have self-destruction buttons, but there was Virtue to do it for them.

@ monstert

I am pretty sure that Sergei wouldn't want Allelujah because of his destructive capability, he would probably try to be a father figure as much as he's doing for Soma...but then again, Hallelujah would resurface at Soma's nearness and ditto with Soma, so yeah, probably not. Seriously though, Sergei didn't like the idea of the super soldier technology/"warehouse" the HRL has.

Spoiler:

I have a feeling once Sergei knows who Allelujah is, he would try to amend for it somehow.

Old 2007-12-11, 01:19   Link #274
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
So one can bring up the Kyrios to it full potential and the other is plagued by killing.
Another interesting question huh? (if we looked at it like that)
Old 2007-12-11, 01:26   Link #275
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You have an interesting perspective when it comes to watching gundam 00

And it all makes sense now

Though I'm getting annoyed by Wang...
I resent the fact that she hasn't really done anything at all dangerous, and seems to merely supply reconnaisance through her estate, yet feels free to constantly spout off about other peoples short comings. She has yet to actually get on the battlefield. I mean I like that kind of cocky attitude in underage anime girls, but in Gundam I expect a lot more of the characters. It's clearly a deliberate flaw in her personality and outlook though and not just writing issues, and I'm still certain she's been brainwashed into her current world view somehow judging by how Christina and Felt still have an inkling of youthful innocence and are around her age.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:27   Link #276
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
But that's the point...He's NOT willing and Hallah's willingness transformed the entire aspect of how Kyrios has been presented up to this point...Now it's a winged-beast of hell and torture when operated to it's max...Clearly he did SOMETHING Allah can't do, because Hallah did it...And based upon Allah's reactions (internally, aswell as when he regained dominance of the personality), it doesn't indicate he will fight even close to that manner without changing...
It's the idea of limit, I think. Hallelujah is Allelujah's way of bypassing his moral/ethical limitation while distancing himself from the guilt (except, he failed since he's conscious throughout most of it). So really, I believe that in the end it was all him (Allelujah). I think if he ever comes to grip with himself, he'll be able to do these type of things without reverting to Hallelujah.
Old 2007-12-11, 01:30   Link #277
Cherudim Arche

Or he won't need the otherside anymore and destroy it or actually seal it away for good.
Old 2007-12-11, 01:55   Link #278
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

That would be interesting....I am pretty sure Allelujah wouldn't let Hallelujah have his way in dealing with it. For now, he seems Gollum/Id-like Ver. 2.0.

Old 2007-12-11, 02:14   Link #279
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

To me, Allelujah is what would've happened to Kira without his Lacus. Poor, poor, genetically modified monsters.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 02:26   Link #280
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
To me, Allelujah is what would've happened to Kira without his Lacus. Poor, poor, genetically modified monsters.
Kira's pretty normal to me. He never enjoyed killing, so I don't see where you get the idea of a monster from.