3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-30, 09:20   Link #341
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
WOW. it's the first time i saw the guy like Johan Trinity and his short pants!!
SEXY!! *fangirl mode*

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-01-30 at 11:12.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 09:21   Link #342
Ichimaru

is it safe to say graham is more of an enthusiasts? than a idealist....he seems more fascinated in gundam technology and pushing the boundaries
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 22:44   Link #343
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Veda has no knowledge of the Thrones. At least Tieria said so, and he seems to have a direct connection to it. And Sumeragi would probably also have known, since she is always using the computer.

To me it looks more like the Trinity-Team has some sort of no-killing policy, too. Or how could you explain, that they didn't kill Ali, when they had the chance to?
I find the no-kill policy unlikely when you see 3-4 black Flags explode in front of our eyes.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 22:45   Link #344
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Neena's the one with the no-kill policy. She didn't kill Ali, when she clearly could have.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 22:48   Link #345
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I find the no-kill policy unlikely when you see 3-4 black Flags explode in front of our eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Neena's the one with the no-kill policy. She didn't kill Ali, when she clearly could have.
I still think the ONLY reason Ali survived, is because Exia was directly under his mobile armour. The beam rifle used was powerful enough to completely pass through the MA, so if the Throne had fired directly at Ali's MS at that angle it would have both pierced Ali AND Exia.

It would completely defeat the purpose of rescuing Exia if Exia gets destroyed in the attempt. That's one of the few drawbacks of having a powerful beam weapon.
Old 2008-01-30, 23:14   Link #346
duckroll
綺羅星★!

They don't have a no-kill policy, clearly, and Michael is clearly bloodthursty. The thing is, for that mission at least, they did have a policy of not finishing off fleeing units. The mission was to rescue the Gundams, and that was what they did. They don't go out of their way to kill people, but they don't seem to hesitate if they have to.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 01:00   Link #347
chrisbad726

Nena's Gundam ability reminds me of Eva
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 01:58   Link #348
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbad726 View Post
Nena's Gundam ability reminds me of Eva
Actually it's much much much (....much?) more like the Moonlight Butterfly if not in effect, but in the way it manifests. Not that the Eva-01's symbolic wings in any way resemble what the Gundam Drei does.

Spoiler for Comparison:

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-01-31 at 02:08.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 03:29   Link #349
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
At first I think that Exia's armor is much more advanced, which would make it immune against those beams.
Unfounded assumption. We have no idea if Exia can survive beam shots, and we have no reason to believe that it can, apparently why Neena didn't just shoot straight through the Enact and let the Exia tank her beams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
The second thing is: Neena wasn't forced to fire from this angle. She went completely unnoticed, so she could as well just have changed the angle to one from which she could have shot Ali without risk.
Isn't that exactly what she did? She shot the Agrissa at the best angle to destroy its main body, at the closest she dared, without harming the Exia.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2008-01-31 at 03:56.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 03:33   Link #350
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
At first I think that Exia's armor is much more advanced, which would make it immune against those beams.
The second thing is: Neena wasn't forced to fire from this angle. She went completely unnoticed, so she could as well just have changed the angle to one from which she could have shot Ali without risk.
And at last, she still had a chance after Ali left the MA. Okay, maybe he is the better pilot and she would have failed, but she didn't even try.
Still, her mission was to protect the Gundam. If she was to chase the Enact that flew away, that would leave the Exia defenseless. She wasn't even sure the pilot was still alive after being fried.

And a change in angle was difficult because this is a rescue mission. She fired upon the MA as soon as she was able, at maximum range. Things would get complicated if Setsuna get knocked out or killed, as she would have difficult in getting Exia out of the battle field. Setsuna wasn't going to last much longer.
Old 2008-01-31, 03:35   Link #351
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
And at last, she still had a chance after Ali left the MA. Okay, maybe he is the better pilot and she would have failed, but she didn't even try.
That's has to be one of the flaws here if we consider the Thrones to be fighting in a similar pattern: Spring a good one on the squadrons, take some/most of them out and save the asses of the four Gundams. We weren't even shown how and where Ali went to, just him floating away in futility.

Then again, their mission objective might merely be something along the lines of 'disabling any hostiles that are considered a threat to the safety and security of the Gundams'. Those siblings probably carried their respective missions out in their own way.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 04:45   Link #352
JediNight
キズランダム

I still think the whole Throne thing saving them was kinda silly. Mobile suits are weapons of war, therefore all of them are forfeit in the eyes of CB idealogy. Especially considering they complained about the Meisters being too easy on people in the previous missions. It makes no sense she would merely destroy the Aggressor and leave the pilot alone.

As usual it's just a convenient story device to let the main foils of the show survive longer.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 04:53   Link #353
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Nope.. its not the pilots/meisters that being saved.. it was the technology that they cant afford to lose to the 3 powers.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 08:07   Link #354
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

And considering that the Gundams are explicitly said to be the physical manifestation of Scheinberg's ideals, that gets them out of the "weapons that are bad" category.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 10:15   Link #355
aikming

Finally... a female character with personality that attracts my attention
Old 2008-01-31, 13:32   Link #356
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I still think the whole Throne thing saving them was kinda silly. Mobile suits are weapons of war, therefore all of them are forfeit in the eyes of CB idealogy. Especially considering they complained about the Meisters being too easy on people in the previous missions. It makes no sense she would merely destroy the Aggressor and leave the pilot alone.

As usual it's just a convenient story device to let the main foils of the show survive longer.
You've gotta go back and pay more attention to the dialogue. The Mobile Suits are certainly not forfeir in the eyes of CB. In fact it's the exact opposite to an extreme. Securing the Exia was more important, and in order to do that she had to Ali of off of him and the Agrissa/Agressor was what was causing the electrical field, not Ali's mobile suit. Who's to say the field wouldn't have just kept going if Ali's suit had been destroyed. Of course she could have broken off and gone after him, but that would be perceived as secondary to her mission and as we've seen with the Observer's discussion, that can get you in a lot of trouble. The Throne's also seem like they have something to prove and thus that's not an option.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 16:23   Link #357
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post

I understand your feelings but i personally dont think thats the case. Its quite clear that the Gundams themselves take precedence over the meisters lives. Keeping the technology out of enemy hands not the pilot. I think Thrones competed the mission they were given. Which was to save the meisters to ensure the Gundam units did not fall into enemy hands. Chasing the enemy down and obliterating them was not a mission priority. But i also wonder who is the Thrones operational support the 4 current Meisters have Sumeragi. So unless they are taking their orders directly from Vadar there must be someone else or at least some type of crew or support on then ship.
Old 2008-01-31, 16:33   Link #358
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I understand your feelings but i personally dont think thats the case. Its quite clear that the Gundams themselves take precedence over the meisters lives. Keeping the technology out of enemy hands not the pilot. I think Thrones competed the mission they were given. Which was to save the meisters to ensure the Gundam units did not fall into enemy hands. Chasing the enemy down and obliterating them was not a mission priority. But i also wonder who is the Thrones operational support the 4 current Meisters have Sumeragi. So unless they are taking their orders directly from Vadar there must be someone else or at least some type of crew or support on then ship.
From what it looks like, it seems to be Johann himself. Just consider Sumeragi piloting a gundam.
Old 2008-02-01, 02:43   Link #359
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Alejandro Corner Reminds me of Riku Kagami (kagami's father in Kamen rider Kabuto)
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 05:18   Link #360
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Alejandro seems a bit shady and I have a feeling that kid with green hair he hangs around with could be some designer super soldier type kid and may get his own giant robot later on.

Like the neon hair and the weird clothers kind of don't kind of give that away already.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote