AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2009-07-07, 09:19   Link #821
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaMatt View Post
ugh.. sorry bout this newb question.. but can anyone give me the link on where to download the visual novel? >.<
Sorry, but this is one place where people are not allowed to tell you.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 14:43   Link #822
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I guess this thread really need an FAQ section, since i admit i struggle with all of the mixed information go around.

I don't even know how big a translation patch is (thought it would be like 100~ mb, like all other game patch....but i guess not...seems like ~ 9 mb). Anyway, is enjoying myself by reading the translation script :P

Hope i can figure something out before i finish reading Kyou route...
Old 2009-07-08, 06:04   Link #823
BakaMatt

Edited ; i found out what the problem was.. i had the same problem as bladeofdarkness.. =p

But http://library.ust.hk/faq/faq-locale.html is no longer available >.< can anyone help me?

How do I have to have your system locale set to Japanese?

And is the voice patch = SEEN.txt? or is it another file that i need to download?

Last edited by BakaMatt; 2009-07-08 at 06:35.
BakaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:13   Link #824
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Great. I'm halfway through Tomoyo's route, got a bad end, started over, and now the game freezes up on two of Kyou's scenes for no reason whatsoever.
I can't even fix it by upgrading or reinstalling because the resource page is down.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 01:44   Link #825
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

...almost finished Kyou route. Actually i'm only up to 30th of April (oh man i almost say 30th of August.... Endless Eight syndrome xD) , so didn't really start at Kyou yet...

Struggle to start the game at 1st since the translated SEEN 9mb file didn't work for some strange reasons. Replace it with the 7.5mb and it works almost perfectly ( Some of Kyou's shouts look likes it was censored in that version )

I loves how Tomoya can freeze time when he sense flying dictionaries
Old 2009-07-10, 07:54   Link #826
evilr00t
*Fansubber

r76-77-78 build compiled for Full Voice. Voice patch version later.

Changelog:
1) It looks like we have editors working on the project.
2) The wiki has been merged with the SVN. Translation quality has gone up a bit.
3) Whitespace has been stripped out of parts of the source. Please let us know if we have text running into other text.

Download from SVN here.
evilr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 18:36   Link #827
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

I changed my SEEN file, but all I get is a black screen with the sakura cursor when I play.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 19:36   Link #828
nsl41288

In your picture, your able to click the word "Anpan" and then a popup shows explaining it further? That doesn't work for me. The game just freezes til I click the word again and nothing shows. Any help?

I'm using the Full Voice version with the SEEN_FV_snapshot_20081220.rar, no-dvd patch, and SEENr78_FV.txt

Nevermind. I got it to work by putting the VS2005_CPP_Runtime.rar in the folder.

One more question: Should I use the GAMEEXE.INI in the snapshot rar or the newer one?

Also, Whenever 2 character speak at the same time (ex. Tomoya and Kyou ganging up on Sunohara) You won't see any text in the spot where their names are and the only text you see in the textbox is one of the 2 speakers' names.

Last edited by nsl41288; 2009-07-15 at 13:35.
nsl41288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 08:02   Link #829
BakaMatt

nvm.. i've found it all and mine's working perfectly with voice patch and all..
BakaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 13:02   Link #830
FhnuZoag

Is there any point getting r78 instead of r45 for FV? Translation notes seem to have disappeared from the newer version.

EDIT: Wait, huh, it is working?
FhnuZoag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 02:04   Link #831
Koneko-Kun
Confused person

I'm very confused, and, from what I've read, most of you already have some sort of translation patch. All I want is a patch that translates the text. I dont care too much about voice translation or songs, just plain text. Can anyone give me a link to where I can download one? Anything is helpful as long as I understand what I'm doing while playing the game. Thanks!
Koneko-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 11:06   Link #832
boku

Here it is.
For full voice version of game you need FV version of SEEN.txt, for voice patched version - simple version.
For more instructions, just browse through this thread.
boku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 03:36   Link #833
Koneko-Kun
Confused person

Thanks SO much! I've been looking everywhere for one and haven't found anything at all. Great help =)
Koneko-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 11:13   Link #834
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by boku View Post
Here it is.
For full voice version of game you need FV version of SEEN.txt, for voice patched version - simple version.
For more instructions, just browse through this thread.
So does that work for all versions of the game? More specifically, this one? I haven't bought it yet, just planning for the future^^
Old 2009-08-17, 03:27   Link #835
boku

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
So does that work for all versions of the game? More specifically, this one? I haven't bought it yet, just planning for the future^^
Yes, it works with Full Voice version.
boku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 07:21   Link #836
Aqua Knight

Umm...how do you save in the game?
And also when I press Esc or right click the game freezes,does anyone have that problem?

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2009-08-26 at 07:34.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 01:34   Link #837
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
I need some help, I had the game working and got most of the routes done, but then I decided to do the voice patch, and after that, it fucked up my game.

So I reinstalled it and put the patch (not the voice patch, but all the files needed to get the game in English) back in, but now every time I try to load/save the game crashes, anyone know how to fix this problem?
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 08:24   Link #838
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Umm...how do you save in the game?
And also when I press Esc or right click the game freezes,does anyone have that problem?
Esc or right-clicking should bring up the context menu, in which the save option (I can't type kana at work, but it's spelled se-i-vu in katakana, IIRC) can be found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
I need some help, I had the game working and got most of the routes done, but then I decided to do the voice patch, and after that, it fucked up my game.

So I reinstalled it and put the patch (not the voice patch, but all the files needed to get the game in English) back in, but now every time I try to load/save the game crashes, anyone know how to fix this problem?
Did you try to keep your save files? I've heard that save files don't do well with reinstalls.
Old 2009-09-04, 03:31   Link #839
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Save files do NOT work after patching.

I found this out myself. The data for the ones BEFORE the English patch come up in hiragana/kanji, whereas the English patch converts to English dates.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 02:38   Link #840
prnoct90

I was wondering, I'm learning Japanese, but I feel like it could be years before I know enough Kanji to play Clannad. Is there any type of kana (hirigana/katakana) or furigana patch for the game?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation