3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-21, 18:19   Link #21
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Man, I teared up when Rika cried and hugged Akasaka.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2007-11-21, 20:06   Link #22
June 1983

I hope we get the subs soon!

I was googling "Hauu subs" to see if the torrent was up yet and found a website with reviews of different subbers. One of the negative reviews for Hauu was just hilarious so I thought I'd share it:

Bad encoding, lyrics blink or flash after introduction subbed credits. Excess, very unnecessary cuss words. Cuss words are not part of the anime, aired on TV, or part of the language. Rushed bad-quality subbing.

O RLY? (Besides the fact that I think Hauu's subs are excellent, especially considering how quickly they do them, WTH? People don't swear in anime? People don't swear, if I am interpreting this correctly, in Japanese?

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULZ
Old 2007-11-21, 20:54   Link #23
vasili10

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
I hope we get the subs soon!

I was googling "Hauu subs" to see if the torrent was up yet and found a website with reviews of different subbers. One of the negative reviews for Hauu was just hilarious so I thought I'd share it:

Bad encoding, lyrics blink or flash after introduction subbed credits. Excess, very unnecessary cuss words. Cuss words are not part of the anime, aired on TV, or part of the language. Rushed bad-quality subbing.

O RLY? (Besides the fact that I think Hauu's subs are excellent, especially considering how quickly they do them, WTH? People don't swear in anime? People don't swear, if I am interpreting this correctly, in Japanese?

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULZ
Not to single out Hauu, but I've noticed ever since I started watching subbed anime 10+ years ago, that groups (fansubbers and professionals) will use words that would otherwise trigger the censor tone if they were to be spoken in English. And oftentimes, they can choose other words to sound just as meaningful, but they don't. There is swearing in anime, but not as much as foreigners may think, and I believe only what we would view as the worst of it is caught by Japan's censor tone.
Old 2007-11-21, 21:36   Link #24
GyroidFanatic

Quote:

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULZ
Japanese doesn't really have anything worse than "bastard"-level
Old 2007-11-21, 22:04   Link #25
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Japanese doesn't really have anything worse than "bastard"-level
True, but japanese insult other people by being too polite or not polite enough. In their cultural, that can be considered just as bad as saying some of the swear words that we use here. Plus, words like "baka" can be interpreted many different ways depending on the usage in the sentence and tone used.
Old 2007-11-22, 22:55   Link #26
Kryptik

I could swear 'kuso' has been used a bit, which is the equivalent of "s***", isn't it?
Old 2007-11-23, 01:20   Link #27
vasili10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptik View Post
I could swear 'kuso' has been used a bit, which is the equivalent of "s***", isn't it?
That or "crap", because literally it means "dung" or "feces", so yeah.
Old 2007-11-23, 11:19   Link #28
Neko Haruko

Isn't this a bit of topic?
Old 2007-11-23, 13:23   Link #29
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko Haruko View Post
Isn't this a bit of topic?
Well, there's not much else to talk about until the subs come out for the episode.
Old 2007-11-23, 17:46   Link #30
MarthX

Subs

http://rapidshare.com/files/71804129...ai.20.ass.html
Old 2007-11-23, 18:27   Link #31
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I detect a possible flaw in Satoko and Keiichi plans.

Spoiler for 48 hours:
Their plan is to pretend that Rika has already been dead for more than 48 hours, not that she had just died. After all, the latter would enable Takano to initiate the great Hinamizawa disaster according to her plan. Considering the fact that it never took place in Watanagashi-hen and Meakashi-hen (where Rika was killed and that fact wasn't discovered until more than 48 hours had already passed since her death), we can conclude that Takano does indeed fail to receive authorization to gas Hinamizawa if she misses that 48 hour window.
Old 2007-11-23, 18:45   Link #32
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
thanks for the sub link Marthx
Old 2007-11-23, 19:15   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
Man, I teared up when Rika cried and hugged Akasaka.
Same here. Even if i knew it was coming thanks to the preview last week, that was one beautiful scene. I can't wait for the two Kai soundtracks to go on sale, such beautiful music.

Speaking of tearing up, the scene in the graveyard also had me like that. Not only from hearing such a caring Oishi, but knowing that the Sonozaki's have been doing that each year at the old man's grave, and us the viewers knowing they were the main suspect in the murder case --- brilliant, such a powerful scene.

Anyway, i do love where this is all going, though it's hard to believe that everything is going to go according to plan, especially with four episodes left in the series. Yet again i can't wait for the next episode.

Now to watch the preview..
Old 2007-11-24, 01:51   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man this was a nice episode. Everything is coming together and the plans are being formed. An excellent job for Rika to get so many pieces for this final time. Lot easier for her to get people like Tomitake and Ire on side if she knows who is behind all of this.

Even Oishi is going to give everything he can. Everyone though trying to help protect his pension a lot, but he's not the type to let things sit. Besides worst case and he loses it Mion will cover the financial loss . But a good time for him since he was able to let go of the Sonozaki family and moving towards the truth.

Was a beautiful moment when Rika rushed to hug Akasaka. Guy always brings such a sense of hope for her and this time it's to fight for her sake. Even if they didn't give him credit for somethings like the phone ringing plan you can just tell his importance. Plus the guy just gives a reliable feeling to me.

Nice work by Keiichi to get everyone charged up. Certainly hearing that kind of thing is quite the shock and with how things have gone in the past was a little worried how they might handle it. But soon enough they were all ready. Plus with Satoko getting serious about her traps the enemy will be in for it . Have to admit though when they talked about Rika dying as being the solution I was like . Thankfully they cleared up what the real plan was.

Things right now just get you hyped up for the final battle. Can still be worried since Takano's will is strong and the danger is real. But all they can do here is put their forces together and hope it equals a win.
Old 2007-11-24, 02:04   Link #35
MarthX

lol. I just noticed Hauu forgot to change the episode title from plot to trap.
Old 2007-11-24, 02:05   Link #36
SamKajam

wait... i'm a little confused. So they pretend Rika's been dead for more than 48 hours... thus "proving" Takano wrong. So what then? Takano will suddenly reveal her wipe out plan out of frustration? "...and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids"

Cause if she doesn't reveal her plan... then ok, Rika "Dies", no one goes crazy, Takano is "proven" wrong. But then Rika's revealed to be alive all along, thus Takano's theories are no longer proven wrong; "Rika never really died, and so she was still giving phormones (or what not) out, so that's why no one went crazy".

So then... what's the point of this 48 hour plan? Am I missing something?
Old 2007-11-24, 02:35   Link #37
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I think they're trying to force her to slip up, giving them the evidence they need to stop her.
Old 2007-11-24, 02:37   Link #38
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midevilshadow View Post
wait... i'm a little confused. So they pretend Rika's been dead for more than 48 hours... thus "proving" Takano wrong. So what then? Takano will suddenly reveal her wipe out plan out of frustration? "...and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids"

Cause if she doesn't reveal her plan... then ok, Rika "Dies", no one goes crazy, Takano is "proven" wrong. But then Rika's revealed to be alive all along, thus Takano's theories are no longer proven wrong; "Rika never really died, and so she was still giving phormones (or what not) out, so that's why no one went crazy".

So then... what's the point of this 48 hour plan? Am I missing something?
For Takano's plan to be set into motion she need's Rika's body as evidence
Old 2007-11-24, 03:23   Link #39
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Hauu's subs this time is a bit off in terms of quality compared to their usual standards. Some errors were missed during editing and QC but nothing glaring though.
Old 2007-11-24, 03:49   Link #40
SamKajam

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I think they're trying to force her to slip up, giving them the evidence they need to stop her.
That's what I was thinking... but it's a little too much to hope that she'll accidentally reveal something because of her plans being ruined. I mean, look at the arcs where the plan isn't set off, Takano doesn't go like "Sh**! Rika's dead, and now my killing scheme is ruined! Whoops...". Why would she slip up this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
For Takano's plan to be set into motion she need's Rika's body as evidence
Not sure I understand... could you elaborate on what you mean? As in Takano's plan can't start without Rika's body? Ok, but Rika can't hide forever, and when she stops hiding, Takano can kill her. I just don't get the full logic behind this 48 hours plan of theirs.
Closed Thread