Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-06-30, 23:40   Link #101
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Wait a minute! *grabs a chair and sit down* Seed manga and good being linked together? Excuse me, I need some fresh air.
Well, not good, beautiful. The art was the best from what I have seen previously.
Good? Not a chance in hell. The anime was way better.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 20:29   Link #102
Zaku_Ace

I dont remember seeing gundam before this though I probably have but I rented the old 1978 very first gundam movie from Roger's video and watched it. Even my dad liked it. My dad is the fan of this science fiction anime stuff, one of my dad's favorite movies is final fantasy though despite the crappy effects it turned out to be great. It wasnt until 3 years ago i got into ggundam i bought the action figures then gave them away considering how lame they are now compared to the models. I started off collecting warhammer 40k but it was extremely expensive and stupid, i didnt have the patience to paint the 10 little soldiers that i bought for 40 bucks though i painted them damn well. So i moved on to gundam, many times when i went to china town the gundam store I knew was always closed, dunno why. All of a sudden I went one day and it was open and I bought myself a hg gm command and hizack and that set me. I loved building it and I had experience from building rather large zoid models. I have a sizable zoid collection from the wind up ones right up to the huge gojulas giga. So fun to build, Gundam was the next thing as they look awesome and i want a hobby where i can build something and paint it though i keep it secret from my dad, he doesnt know i have any gundam model kits, he'd get on my ass at how im growing up and getting too old for that and that its childish and that I should grow up and all that bs, I dont see my interest in gundam making me any less a man, I love soccer and playing softball, I like target shooting with my .22, i go camping and I can drive. I get pretty decent marks in school and I have a girlfriend. I think thats man enough for my age (16). But yeah gundam rocks.
Zaku_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:31   Link #103
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Well, not good, beautiful. The art was the best from what I have seen previously.
Good? Not a chance in hell. The anime was way better.
Beautiful? I think the Edge was way better.
Old 2009-01-13, 09:17   Link #104
RDF2050
Superidol

Well it was 2000 and I star watching a new series after finished one of my favorite. I remeber the Song was call JUST COMMUNICATION. After for while I become adict to Gundam and ever since Is till watching.
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 09:58   Link #105
kakakka

Gundam Wing 10 years ago. Just watch it for the robots. Don't care about the story, a reason why I don't know almost anything about Gundam Wing except the Mobile Suits.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:05   Link #106
ScudFace

I think mine was building one of those SD gundam kits I found in a model store when I was 6-7. Must have been 15 years ago now. First gundam anime was probably 0083 stardust memories or V gundam....my memory is kinda blurry.
ScudFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:25   Link #107
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Gundam SEED like 6 months ago...
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:50   Link #108
Rissien

Send a message via MSN to Rissien Send a message via Yahoo to Rissien
My first was seeing a couple episodes of Gundam Wing, then my actual getting into it was when I started watching Gundam Seed about a year ago.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:02   Link #109
Kikuchi

My first Gundam experience was SEED, 5 years ago a little more than five years ago. I didn't knew much about fansub back in the day, just enough to use IRC and download Naruto episodes (wow, nostalgia ).
A good friend told me about SEED, he was like "dude, there's that totally awesome show about old pals fighting each other" and I totally fell in love with the thing.

Even though I think there are better series than SEED, it definitely keeps a special place in my heart.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:06   Link #110
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

The first series I saw was 0083 Stardust Memory very long time ago. Then I started watching earlier series just to know what the heck was going on in that Universe. Saw Seed and barely managed to finish Seed Destiny as the last series I've seen.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:12   Link #111
Raziel Z

Probably would hav been when i was younger i saw gundam wing TV show then saw some toys a week later and now im hooked though my fav series is 00 right now i wonder what next ...
Raziel Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:18   Link #112
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Me my first gundam was when i was around 10 years ! My brother played Super Robot something like that !(if you don't count Macross )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 16:27   Link #113
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Well, it was Wing. To be more specific, the Wing Zero, wiping out the entire Space Colony. And Gundam boysband wearing those cool black, red-trimmed outfits, fighting the crazed uberpilots with aristocratic manners. Ahh... I remember hardly anything from this show, but man, did I like the character and mecha designs. Call me anytime if there is a ver Ka MG design of Wing Zero (not the one from OVA).
Old 2009-01-13, 17:51   Link #114
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

My first Gundam experience was quite funny. It happened back when Gundam Wing first started airing on Toonami. My brother told me about it, and said it was pretty awesome, he wanted me to see it. But, being young and stubborn, I said "No! I don't wanna see Gundam Wing, it's stupid, DBZ is better!." Low and behold, I give it a look, and I'm the Gundam fan I am today.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 20:13   Link #115
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I watched Wing on TV as Chinese dubs, got into SRW a while later. After that I've backtracked the entire series, got into later series as long as they were introduced in SRW.

SRW is one of the main reasons mecha anime continues to stay strong in the industry. It even helped revived sales for mecha anime that never released toys before.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 21:08   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

First was Gundam Wing while it was airing, then went straight for the original and then Zeta. Good times.
Old 2009-01-13, 21:10   Link #117
Nerroth
NePoi!

For me, I kind of saw Wing being shown on CN (the UK channel, which we get in Ireland) years ago, but Seed was the first series I actually followed properly.
Old 2009-01-13, 21:13   Link #118
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It actually took me a few months to see the other Gundam shows (as I thought Gundam Wing was the only one.) My sister bought me this Offical Gundam Magazine talking about all the different shows, and mobile suits. I was totally fucking lost. Then, come 8th grade, I was accustomed to all the shows up to SEED.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 07:22   Link #119
Raikujin
finally had her fix

Gundam 00 is my first experience, so I belong to the newbie group when it comes to the Gundam universe. I haven't watched Wing or Seed even though I knew about them a long time ago, and in time I got frustrated surfing the forums because I never understood anything when people start talking about the other series.
So now I'm catching up on Gundam starting with the UC side stories and Zeta.
Raikujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 07:29   Link #120
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Well to me.... It all Started since I watched the first episode of Gundam 00 in october 2007 but i'm not really fan of mecha gundam before (since SEED @ destiny) but I really liked their character designs instead.

Until episode 10, i started to collect some gundam 00 goodies like EXIA the first gunpla i've ever bought in my life and several goodies from Newtype & animedia Magazines to me.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote