AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 19:55   Link #301
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Clarami and Dr. Casey - Thanks a lot for the great and thorough reviews!

I think my favorite possible "dynamic duo" out of all the possible Puella Magi pairs, is Mami and Sayaka. By this, I mean my favorite duo for combat/action scenes. They're both generally upbeat characters with very close moral alignments, so that really enlivens their action scenes together and gives them a sort of female equivalent to a bromance, lol. I also like how Mami is the cool, calm, collected, slick, smooth, stylish veteran who Sayaka looks up to, while Sayaka is much more prone to powerful mood swings and impassioned attacks (which can be impressive to the generally more reserved Mami). That contrast fits well with Mami as the long-range musketeer and Sayaka as the close-ranged sword-wielding knight. I think the two really compliment each other well.

Well, I thank both of you for your feedback and suggestions! In particularly, I'm glad that Kyousuke Kamijo as a heroic protagonist came off as well as I had hoped. It's good to see this property have a teenaged male hero for a change of pace.

I hope to have another chapter of Mami Lives up soon. Probably within 2 or 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
Q: is there going to be a harem route?
There actually already is a harem ending on the Canon Route side (i.e. the side in which Mami dies in accordance with what happened in the anime itself), but it's pretty deep into the Canon Route side. I should have brought that up to you before, lol. I hope you enjoy it.

As for Mami Romance, there's some ideas I'm floating in my head. A sort of Homura/Madoka/Mami ending is possible. Sayaka won't be involved though, since...

Spoiler for Latest Update spoilers:
Old 2013-02-06, 23:40   Link #302
silvercover
Romance Expert

aw, its not quite a harem route due to the lacking of one certain character...
and I guess I should have seen that it was unlikely for sayaka to get involved in a harem route at this point(I got that idea planned out before reading the latest update, and well sayaka's got insane regen so I assumed...)

well im going to finish mami lives routes first since, well, its going to be finished first and I dont want to get my choices become mixed and complicated. gugh, tough decisions.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 19:17   Link #303
Triple_R
*Author

Mami Lives Chapter 12
Mami Romance

“Madoka… you probably want to be sitting for this.”

That statement from Mami certainly perked up my ears, and made me eager to hear what she had to say!

If you chose A for Choice M3, read Section The Blue Knight Falls.
If you chose B for Choice M3, read Section The White Maestro Rises.

Spoiler for The Blue Knight Falls:

Spoiler for The White Maestro Rises:

I finally arrived home this Wednesday evening. So many intense images and thoughts danced about my head. Many troubling events had come and gone, but my romance with Mami was going well.

One major troubling event remained. One last hurdle had to be cleared.

That was Walpurgis Night. I hope Mami and everyone else can clear it…

To Be Continued…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally finished this update. I hope everybody likes it. ^_^

A few short notes...

The two brief Mami/Madoka "date" sections at the end of "The White Maestro Rises" each have a clickable link at the beginning of it. As always, that will play music from YouTube that I think is fitting for the section that follows the link.

However, an added special note here. I recently discovered a Jazz remix of Mami's Theme. I personally think it's perfect for the more... intimate Mami scenes, shall we say. So consider that standard music for all such scenes (please take note of this, Kimidori ).

I know some of the branchings are becoming confusing, so here's an easy guide:

If you chose A for Choice M3, it means you discouraged Sayaka from telling Kamijo about the world of magical girls and witches. That means the White Maestro never rose. Which means Sayaka took a nasty injury.

Choosing B for that choice is the opposite, of course. Sayaka did tell him about it, and so a passionate romance and a new Magical Human resulted from it.

If you chose A for M Opportunity Choice 3, it means that you're currently two-timing Mami. You're in a relationship with both Mami and Homura. Otherwise, you're in a relationship with Mami alone.

If you Chose A for Choice M4, it means that you stood firm by Mami during the Mami/Homura beach confrontation. You met Kyouko and played DDR with her and Mami. Otherwise, Madoka only meets Kyouko now, in this update.

That's everything I think. I look forward to reviews of it.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-02-12 at 10:47.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 07:43   Link #304
silvercover
Romance Expert

quite good. im still sad that sayaka lost/cant regain her leg.
though I do wonder if she/they can do a makeshift leg in order to still fight witches.

btw, are we nearing the climax of their routes or are there still some choices that might shift the course of the story?
Old 2013-02-12, 11:43   Link #305
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
quite good. im still sad that sayaka lost/cant regain her leg.
though I do wonder if she/they can do a makeshift leg in order to still fight witches.
I'm glad you found it a good read. As for Sayaka's predicament, I'm glad that's having the desired emotional impact. But there is reason for hope here (at least for those who have already read the entire Mami Lives, Sayaka Romance route ).

Quote:
btw, are we nearing the climax of their routes or are there still some choices that might shift the course of the story?
I intend for the "Crippled Sayaka" branches to end next update. I'm not positive it will end then, but I'm about 90% sure it will.

The Sayaka/Kyousuke branch will last at least two more updates.

So yeah, we're almost at the end now.

There's about a 50/50 chance I'll squeeze in another choice or two.
Old 2013-02-14, 07:19   Link #306
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Ah man... I would've had this up sooner, but I forgot to save what I had done and someone went and rebooted the computer. Sorry about that, I tried to replicate what was probably a much better synopsis/review/whatever as best I could, so hopefully you like what you see.

Anyway... even though this is the "Delicious M&M" portion, it's a very Sayaka-centric update, so I'd say it's time to once again Taste the Rainbow. Skittles Redux is a go!

(Translation: Enjoy a bunch of color jokes! )

Spoiler for Blue Evening:

Spoiler for White Future:

All in all, I enjoyed this update a lot. And I can't stress enough how magnificently done one portion in particular really was. Great work on this one, and I can't wait to see the next.

Oh, and sorry again if it's a bit later than you'd like. At least I didn't leave you hanging for a week this time around?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 03:17   Link #307
Dr. Casey

I meant to write this post a couple of nights ago, but I've been a bit nervous and distracted because I've been trying to strike up my own little romance on OKCupid. I should hurry up and get on with it, though. Bros before hos and PPPL before T & A, as the old sayings go.

This was a very nice update. The dichotomy between The Blue Knight Falls and The White Maestro Rises was of course a very interesting one, with the former a nightmarish scenario where things have gone terribly wrong and White Maestro a much more serene, perfect world much closer to a perfect dream than a nightmare (I did read the scene where Sayaka's leg was cleaved off, in response to your Visitor Message, by the way I don't skip anything in stories I read, in part because I have no desire to and also because it would be hurtful to the writer), but one other thing I appreciated was this update's leisurely pace. PPPL in general strikes a fairly even balance between story-driven and character-driven, but this chapter leaned strongly to the character-driven side, with the primary focus being the characters' thoughts, feelings, and interactions with each other (With Blue Knight, the characters' response to the tragedy; with White Maestro, Kyosuke integrating himself within the group). It's certainly a strong point to slow down and explore the situation in detail rather than blow through things.

Some specific notes on The Blue Knight Falls... it was sweet how Papa managed to calm Madoka down, even if only slightly, simply by being himself and showing a bit of concern. I've always liked how you balance Madoka's relationship with her mother and her father quite nicely, unlike the anime where Papa might as well not have even existed because Junko ran the show so much. Aaaaaaand on the opposite end of the sensitivity spectrum is the normally very nurturing Mami, with her observation about Madoka and not reviving Hitomi from the dead. It's a very fair point, but a brutal one. I'm glad that Madoka was levelheaded enough to take the argument gracefully; I'm surprised it didn't cut deeper than it did.

This chapter left me with some questions, some that will certainly be answered and others that will not. I wonder what will come of Sayaka's injury, but that of course is something that will be answered during the story itself since it's a focal plot point. The others are more rhetorical what-ifs. I wonder if Kyouko would have given Madoka an honest answer if she asked about her wish... the setting certainly wasn't as intimate as whenever Kyouko told Sayaka her story whenever they were alone in the church, but Kyouko can be a fairly open girl. I also found myself wondering if Nanami would have cared so much about Sayaka's mutilation if she knew in this route that her daughter was bisexual. >< I wouldn't put it past the dumb cunt. The alibi was really clever and interesting, by the by.

The White Maestro Rises, of course, was a very different chapter where reality took a much kinder turn. I loved the bits at the beginning about Kyosuke being the lead of a harem anime, for starters. One of the most purely fun parts of the story thus far. I really like the new dynamics that Kyosuke adds to the group and to the story itself. He's an interesting mixture of being buoyant, jovial, and silly on one hand, yet very gallant and dashing at the same time. The newfound relationship he's formed with Sayaka is very cute, and I loved his entire answer to Homura's inquiry about the wish.

I wonder if Madoka and Mami will soon have trouble in paradise, though, and if their relationship will soon become more rocky than Sayaka and Kyosuke's currently perfect one. Is Mami planning to cheat on Madoka with Kyouko? Try as I might, I can't think of any other interpretation for the exchange. I suppose it's a karmic enough fate if that is the case, since if you take all the routes where Madoka's cheated on her girlfriend(s) and add them together, she's probably sixteen-timed the other puella magi... I'm very, very curious how Madoka will respond to the infidelity, if that is indeed what it is. And aww, Madoka doesn't like Kirino? 51 years since OreImo first aired, and people are still talking about what a legendary bitch she is.

I couldn't think of a minigame for this chapter, so here's something completely random! Minigame 7: an action minigame that features Homura driving through Mitahikara on a motorcycle, Madoka clinging to her back for dear life, as she fights to protect Madoka from gang members, rogue police officers, Witches, gargoyles, mummies, and bears. The sequence comes completely out of nowhere, has nothing to do with anything and is never mentioned again, but I believe it would be a valuable contribution just the same.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 14:59   Link #308
Triple_R
*Author

Mami Lives Chapter 13
Mami Romance

“Walpurgis Night is here at last. Take care, Madoka.”

Those were the last words I heard from Mami. She spoke them to me before she gave me a quick kiss. After kissing me, she lovingly pushed my bangs to the side before running the back of her hand through them. As she did so, she gazed enchantingly into my eyes; taking comfort in them like a diver takes comfort in his last breath of air before descending into the murky depths below. I similarly had taken comfort in her pretty eyes.

The memory of her warm but piercing gaze causes me to stir while I now sit in an evacuation shelter, along with hundreds if not thousands of other people.

If you chose A for Choice M3, read Section Three Hopes Remain.
If you chose B for Choice M3, read Section The Kyousuke to Victory.

Spoiler for Three Hopes Remain:

Spoiler for The Kyousuke to Victory:

Sayaka, Mami, and I were all sitting around the transparent glass triangular table in Mami's living room. It was about a week and a half after the defeat of Walpurgis Night.

“What is it that you wanted to tell us, Sayaka?” Mami asked.

“Well…” Sayaka began a bit shyly, while blushing a lot, “Give me a second to prepare for this. It’s pretty embarrassing.”

“Well, if it’s that embarrassing, it’s not something you have to tell us.” I stated, as I didn’t want Sayaka to feel like she had to embarrass herself like this.

“No, I do have to tell you, Madoka.” Sayaka said, “It’s too important not to. It could really make a huge difference for you and Mami!”

“… How could it make a huge difference for us?” Mami asked.

Mami and I were now blinking a bit in confusion, finding it hard to pick much sense out of Sayaka’s words.

Sayaka released a bit of a frustrated shout while scratching her hair with both hands. I could tell this was really hard for her!

“Ok…” she said to herself, trying to calm herself, “I guess I should try to get this over with as quickly as possible.”

“T-That’s probably a good idea.” I said with a wry smile, as both Mami and I became increasingly nervous over Sayaka’s antics here.

“…You both think that Grief Seeds are the only way to cleanse Soul Gems right?” Sayaka asked.

“Yes, they are.” Mami quickly answered.

Sorry, Mami, but in this case you’re mistaken.” Sayaka stated.

“What other way is there to cleanse Soul Gems?” Mami asked.

Sayaka then shifted her eyes back and forth nervously, while playing a bit with her hair. Finally, after a brief sigh, she answered.

“… Sex” Sayaka answered.

“Sex?” Mami replied in question, shocked at the revelation.

“Yeah…” Sayaka answered uneasily, “Specifically, sex between two magical humans that have contracted with Kyubey…”

It took a couple moments for Mami and I to fully get the hidden implication behind Sayaka’s words here. But once we did, it was like a light-bulb going off in our heads.

“Oh, I see!” Mami responded, “This is something you must have learned when you and Kyousuke…”

Please, let’s not talk about it that openly!” Sayaka stated in a shy but pleading tone.

Mami then became silent for a second, respecting Sayaka’s plea. But it didn’t take long for Mami to make another important realization.

“Madoka, do you know what this means?!” Mami asked me.

“… Yeah, I do.” I replied shyly, now blushing myself.

Big decisions now awaited me. An obvious opportunity could no longer be justifiably denied. Sayaka was more right than what even she herself had likely thought possible.

A world of miracles and magic was now beckoning…

To Be Concluded….

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Phew. And now the Mami Romance, Normal End is complete. Only one more chapter of the Mami Lives side left to go. The ultimate climax of Mami Romance!

I hope people enjoyed the ending of Mami Romance, Normal End.

Gray means Kyousuke narration, just so you know.

Numerous songs are linked to in this update. As usual, that means that I think the music in each of those YouTube vids goes well with the section of the fanfic that follows them.

Well, sorry for the late update, but I hope it was worth the wait. I eagerly look forward to any and all comments/reviews!

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-03-13 at 17:31.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:24   Link #309
TreacherousFox
As trustful as an armor

Yes, new chapter! And it seems that it teases for an... Ahem... Climactic finale of one route! Will Madoka be able to have a normal, happy threesome ending, or will she have to love two girls at the same time in secret? The answer in the next chapter...

Also, I think I have found a really, really nice BGM in Youtube that maybe you could use at some point. Well, actually two, but one of them is probably not the kind of thing that would play in a Visual Novel...

"Knights of Legend", by Hyakutaro Tsukumo

"Stand Up Against Myself", remix by Saitama Saishu Heiki

Last edited by TreacherousFox; 2013-04-22 at 07:56. Reason: One linke died. Replacing.
TreacherousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 23:32   Link #310
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Maybe it's because I'm a big HomuMado shipper and I've read many yuri doujins on them that I think Homura's death should have a bigger impact on Madoka and Mami's relationship. I'm not saying that the entire ending should be changed but if Madoka cried hard enough, Mami should have caught onto something. Furthermore, choice M4 doesn't seem to have much impact on the plot.

Since I find it hard to learn without examples, I could provide how I expected it to happen here or privately. I don't want to post a wall of text which makes it seem like I'm trying to take over your story.
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 23:58   Link #311
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalo191 View Post
Maybe it's because I'm a big HomuMado shipper and I've read many yuri doujins on them that I think Homura's death should have a bigger impact on Madoka and Mami's relationship. I'm not saying that the entire ending should be changed but if Madoka cried hard enough, Mami should have caught onto something. Furthermore, choice M4 doesn't seem to have much impact on the plot.

Since I find it hard to learn without examples, I could provide how I expected it to happen here or privately. I don't want to post a wall of text which makes it seem like I'm trying to take over your story.
Honestly, I'll admit that "Mami Romance, Normal End" has some issues.

PPPL is a labor of love, but it's also a massive time-sink. When I began PPPL well over a year ago, I had much more free time than what I've had over the past seven months. This is largely why the update pacing has changed drastically.

I don't want to rush this to the degree that quality suffers drastically, but I'll admit I have cut corners a bit for the sake of expediency.

That being said, if you have specific suggestions on how I can rewrite the ending to Mami Romance, Normal End, then please feel free to PM them to me. I don't mind reading a "wall of text" over PMs. I'm also willing to edit things a bit. Oh, and since you are a HomuMado shipper, I'm curious to know what you thought of my Mami Lives, Homura Romance ending.

Thanks a lot to both you and TrecherousFox for your replies!
Old 2013-03-17, 22:26   Link #312
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm curious to know what you thought of my Mami Lives, Homura Romance ending.
I know it isnt directed at me nor is it the "mami lives, homura romance ending" your referring to...

but I got to repeat again and say I loved homuraXsayaka. this story helped me realize a pairing I was unconsciously thinking, even if its probably one of the least canon/probable one in canon.

as for the actual one you meant, that was pretty good. I like how madoka found a different way of solving the problem with the system, despite it creating a new one. never thought of that idea before.

well I guess this is it for the mami lives route... im still sad that there's no complete harem ending
im looking forward for homuraXmadokaXsayaka though. there is one, right?
Old 2013-03-19, 11:48   Link #313
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Hey, sorry it took me so long to get this up. The recent move kinda has my mind elsewhere.

Spoiler for Lucky Chapter 13:

Anyway, really nice update. I'd say I'm hoping the final Mami Lives! update will be as good as or even better than this, but I don't think that will be needed. After all, I'm confident you'll be able to do that.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2013-03-19, 22:07   Link #314
Dr. Casey

Just one week since the last chapter was posted... I didn't do too bad this time, huh. It's nice to see some newcomers jumping aboard in the form of silvercover, TreacherousFox, and darkhalo, especially since the original generation of PPPL readers has gradually seemed to fade away except for me and Kogetsu. :/ Hopefully Clarami, Coldlight, and Sol Falling will all return at some point. And as a writer on hiatus that largely devoted sixty-two months to writing a story, I can very much relate to the idea of cutting corners for the sake of time, without bringing the story below a threshold where you're dissatisfied with the work. The story I wrote was time-consuming, exhausting, and something that I knew was interfering with my ability to devote myself to other things. I ended up cutting a few corners to make things more manageable, but I loved the story dearly so there was a limit to how much I was willing to hack away; I might not have explored every subplot or character arc in the depth that I'd originally hoped, but at the same time there were no subplots or character arcs I dropped entirely, and I made sure to write the story to a level close enough to my original vision that I'd have no regrets. I do plan to write a sequel series beginning in January 2020 (I'm taking such a long break for various reason, the main reason being that I really really really really really really really really really really need one), but I'm giving myself a very lenient schedule so that I can write at a casual pace and it won't interfere with other elements of my life; the sequel will be eight novels, each written across a period of two-four years, with the final story written in 2037-2038 when I'm 50 years old (The original series, in contrast, was over 50 novels, with one novel written per month). The value of pacing yourself well is something you might want to keep in mind if you take on any future writing projects. Learn from the mistakes of someone who practically drove himself crazy spending five years glued to Wordpad.

But anyway, that's enough about me - let's move along to people far more interesting than I, the puella magis that defend the town of Mitakihara. Three Hopes Remain was a very nice chapter, one that made me want to see Madoka episode 11 again... Madoka and her family hiding away from the thunderstorm was one of the most atmospheric scenes in a series that overflowed with atmosphere, an atmosphere that you managed to recapture here in written form. The increased role Madoka's father receives compared to the anime itself continues to be a strong point of this story, too; it's nice how Papa has just as strong a presence as Mama, unlike the anime where Junko was the only parent deemed important enough to say goodbye to Madoka during the final moments of her life. Honestly, in the anime Papa's main role in parenthood seems to be providing a good dick to create Madoka; afterwards he was pushed aside and Junko controlled everything.

It was at this point that I started to wonder just how many times Walpurgis Night has been battled against in Pure Pink Pretty Lovers; the Walpurgis boss fights may have broken the double digits in number by this point... I should go through the story and count sometime. It's a testament to the story's quality that these Walpurgis Night battles always remain fresh and exciting, though I admit that it's hard to think of an enemy whose track record is something along the lines of 0-12 as menacing. Jinnai and the various Witches you create inspire a greater sense of unease. And agh, those two Mourning Madoka branches... >< I get the feeling that if my introduction to PPPL came in the form of playing the Visual Novel rather than reading it on AnimeSuki, I would be using the Load button a whole lot...

Hm, about the prosthetics... there's a very good chance that by 2061, medical technology will have advanced to the point that lost limbs can be restored; one scientist that's helped to regrow lost fingers claims that the first severed arm might potentially be regrown around the very late 2020s. That can be explained away, of course, by saying that the restoration surgery is very expensive (or some other line of reasoning), but you should probably make sure the prosthetics Sayaka receives are much better than anything available in 2013. It's also doubtful that healing a broken leg would take too long given that nanotechnology is expected to proliferate during the 2020s and 2030s. I don't recall there being many moments in Pure Pink Pretty Lovers to reflect the fact that 2061 technology will be phenomenally more advanced than 2013 technology (by the early 2060s, Madoka might be zipping around the internet on her 80 zettabit connection, downloading things to her 70 yottabyte external hard drive), which I'm not sure is intentional or not... you might be trying to avoid making guesses at future technology that will later be proven incorrect. That would certainly be a smart enough way of doing things - that way you can avoid Back to the Future II-style moments, where the way of the future was not the internet, but having fax machines in every room.

Speaking of the future, the future that Mami and Madoka share is certain to be bright. The final portions of the Normal Romance route, with Mami being introduced into the Kaname family, truly made for a wonderful scene. Junko wryly asking if 10 yen a month was acceptable, the giddy and happy-to-please attitude that infected both of Madoka's parents, Mami's reaction to the sudden induction into the Kanames, the usage of the 'Lost Wings' song from the Tsubasa soundtrack. Pure gold right here, one of my favorite scenes in all PPPL.

Minigame 8: Madoka races against Tatsuya, brother and sister each in control of a remote-controlled car. You are in control of Madoka's car, with the arena being Mami's golden curls. Defeating Tatsuya isn't very hard, since he's just three years old and his motor skills aren't very developed yet; however, if you win, Tatsuya starts crying, and Mami breaks up with you for being a mean older sister and making your cute little brother cry. Mami never forgives Madoka for her act of cruelty, giving the girl the cold shoulder for the rest of their days. So make sure to lose on purpose, lest you get a Bad End so close to the finish line. ;_;

Oh, and I loved Kyouko's bit of dialogue: "Ok, fine, I gotcha." Hehe. She's so country.

"The Kyosuke to Victory" was significantly shorter, so this branch gives me less to comment upon. It was great fun as always, though, reading things from Kyosuke's perspective; shame that he's part of the puella magi team for such a short time, because it really is a treat having him along for the ride and he does lend some nice touches to the group dynamics. Ah well. This has to be one of the coolest climaxes to a Walpurgis Night battle, also! Sayaka wielding a thirty foot magical sword certainly rakes in full points on the Badass Scale.

And... wow at "I Don't Forget Homura." Madoka's more or less making bedroom eyes over her girlfriend's shoulder towards the girl she's cheating with. I... I know that becoming a mahou shoujo does wonders for Madoka's confidence, that much is obvious from the first timeline, but I never expected Madoka to be this brazen. I think she loves pussy more than Makoto Itou himself, she doesn't experience much remorse over cukolding Mami. Madoka...
Spoiler:

Sayaka and Kyosuke are starting a ClariS journey together, huh? Clarami will have a nice update to return to whenever he comes back. ^^ It's nice to see Sayaka receive such a happy ending. I had never heard the orchestal version of the Madoka opening theme before... one of the greatest songs to be found anywhere in anime, though I've worn it out from listening to it about 13,850 times. Very nice to find a new version of the song. And aww, I loved Sayaka's bashful attitude in the closing scene; that would be a pretty awkward subject to raise. I'm sure that Madoka would have figured it out sooner or later very soon, though, so Sayaka probably could have spared herself the embarrassment. As if Madoka needs another reason to have sex... heck, she would probably have constant sex with Mami even if sex corrupted one's Soul Gem...
Old 2013-03-20, 21:02   Link #315
TreacherousFox
As trustful as an armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Super Magi Wars
Kyosuke is a Real Man(tm).
Old 2013-04-11, 15:00   Link #316
Triple_R
*Author

Mami Lives Chapter 14
Mami Romance

“…What happened to me?!”

Hitomi’s shock was quite understandable. She had, after all, been dead for weeks!

But with the revelation of a relatively safe means of Soul Gem cleansing, a means that didn’t involve Grief Seeds, I determined that I could no longer justify deciding not to make a wish to resurrect my dear friend Hitomi. But I also decided that if I was going to save Hitomi, I should save all of those who died along with her!

“I wish that Hitomi Shizuki, and all of those who died with her, would be found alive and well, washed up on a deserted island near Japan!”

That was my wish to Kyubey. For the world at large, it resulted in a shocking discovery, a major news story, and numerous tearful family reunions. The reunion between Hitomi and her parents was no exception. Sayaka and I cried at the sight of Hitomi hugging her deeply moved and loving father.

We decided to keep the truth surrounding her death, and resurrection, from Hitomi. Many fantastical theories swirled about what was behind it. Many of them argued that “aliens did it”. That was ironically not too far from the truth…

“Why did you never tell us about the sexual means of cleansing Soul Gems?” a slightly angry Mami had asked Kyubey, shortly after learning the truth from Sayaka.

“Do you think most magical girls would fight witches for Grief Seeds if they knew of a safer means of cleansing Soul Gems?” Kyubey asked in turn.

“…I see.” Mami replied, “So to ensure that witches were properly opposed, it was necessary to hide the safer means of Soul Gem cleansing.”

“I’m sure you’re aware of the Greek and Roman gods of history.” Kyubey stated, “What you might not know is that they actually did exist. They were amongst the first humans that my people contracted with. And the myths surrounding them are not far from the truth. Their affairs, their petty jealousies, their abuse of power, and their increasing lack of concern for the witches that plagued humanity; all of it is true.”

“So you decided to contract only with adolescent girls.” Mami said, “There are far fewer lesbians than there are heterosexual girls and guys, so the “magical girl” is less likely to learn of the sexual means of Soul Gem cleansing than the Greek and Roman ‘gods’ that you refer to. This is especially true when you focus on adolescents instead of sexually mature women.”

“Precisely” Kyubey answered.

“Well…” Mami replied, having cooled down a bit after initially feeling very cross with Kyubey, “I can’t help but to feel disconcerted over it, but I accept and understand your reasons for hiding this from Madoka, Sayaka, Kyouko, and I. Still, Kyubey, know that this will not change my desire and willingness to oppose witches. I do not presume to speak for any but myself, but I suspect that the same will hold true for at least Kyousuke and Sayaka.”

“Yes, your assessment is likely correct.” Kyubey stated, “That was a consideration in my decision to agree to Kyousuke’s request to contract with me.”

“Well, what’s most important is that now I can help and support you in fighting witches, Mami.” I said lovingly to her, “In truth, I feel so happy over getting to be a heroic magical girl like you…”

Mami smiled warmly at me as I said this. She then slid over towards me, gently cupped my face in one hand, and lowered her head to kiss me. It was such a wonderful kiss. That kiss was but the beginning of wonderment in the days, months, and years to come…

If you chose A for M Opportunity Choice 3, read Section Hippie Homura Harem! Otherwise, read Section Musically Magical Mami!

Spoiler for Hippie Homura Harem!:

Spoiler for Musically Magical Mami!:

At the end of the current school year, Kyousuke was set to go on a world tour. His popularity had simply rocketed over the past two months. He admitted that his ability to use literal magic likely made his violin performances that much greater. He felt a touch of shame over this, but I told him that he shouldn’t, for it was a magic that he shared with the whole world.

“He will do for the violin what Pavarotti did for the opera!” is what British cultural critic Shawn Colwell wrote in the New York Times about Kyousuke.

Mami and I shared a tearful farewell, including many hugs, with Kyousuke and Sayaka, as the two boarded a private jet to begin Kyousuke’s world tour.

“I guess it will be up to Homura, Kyouko, and the two of us, to defend Mitakihara Town from witches from now on.” Mami said softly to me while we watched Kyousuke and Sayaka’s plane soar off into the breathtaking sunrise.

“Yes, but that will be enough.” I replied, “I know that we can do it, Mami!”

“I agree.” Mami responded, “But let’s not forget the challenges of our everyday lives as well.”

That was a good point.

My parents made a most generous invitation to Mami, for her to live under the same roof with my family, the Kaname family. Mami happily accepted the offer, which made it much easier for us to balance family, friends, school, and magical girl work.

Hitomi had shown support to Kyousuke and Sayaka, but I could also tell that a certain sadness; likely jealousy, plagued Hitomi’s heart. After Kyousuke and Sayaka left Mitakihara Town behind, Mami and I decided to spend more time with Hitomi to try to cheer her up. Thankfully, Hitomi would eventually meet a young man in high school that would win her heart, and she in turn would win his.

That individual’s name was Seto Kaiba. He had green hair and a lot of money, just like Hitomi did. Seto and Hitomi made a very cute couple! Unfortunately, though, they weren’t much fun to play board games and card games with. They could never manage to properly follow the rules! Seto was a bad influence on Hitomi in that way.

Hitomi would eventually go on to marry Seto, while Sayaka would eventually marry Kyousuke. In fact, Sayaka and Kyousuke married on New Year’s Day during the dropping of the big, glistening New Year’s ball in New York City! It was a marvellous magical night that Sayaka tells me her and Kyousuke will never forget. It was one of the few times I saw Kyousuke in tears, while Sayaka appeared completely overjoyed. I’m glad that Mami and I were able to attend their wedding.

If you never qualified for M Opportunity Choice 3, read Section Mami Joins ClariS! Otherwise, skip over it.

Spoiler for Mami Joins ClariS:

After I finished school, I opened up a coffee-shop that doubled as a flower-shop. This was an idea of my father’s, and I really liked it. We opened that store while Mami and I settled down into early adult life in Mitakihara Town, with us sharing a nice new home together.

Mami and I fought side-by-side against many witches, until their numbers eventually dwindled. One of the last witches I fought was exceptionally powerful.

She had what looked like bluish skin, and she wore purple leather that vaguely resembled the soldier uniform of a Roman Centurian. However, instead of a standard centurian helm, she wore a purple hood and cloak. Underneath that hood and cloak was not a face… but a menacingly grinning and glowing yellow skull!

Mami nicknamed this witch “Skeletra”.

Skeletra fired off powerful blasts from a ramhead staff that she was carrying, and she cackled with villainous glee! She somehow was able to summon all manner of beast and creature to oppose Mami and I, but she had a particular fondness for anything snake-like in appearance. Thankfully, Mami and I were able to blast these creatures all away with her muskets and my pink arrows. But eventually, I was caught off-guard by Skeletra somehow teleporting right behind me, and striking me in the back with a blast from her ramhead staff.

“Aaaaaaggghhh…!!!” I cried, as the blast caused me to collapse to my knees.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!” Skeletra cackled, as she tilted back her head, and pumped both of her fists through the air.

Mami furiously glared at Skeletra for hurting me like this, and then proceeded to shoot off a mesmerizing myriad of muskets! Skeletra survived the onslaught, but her ramhead staff did not. With Skeletra now effectively disarmed, she would not be able to put up any more resistance.

I attacked with a loud shout, and the shooting of a big, bright beam of a pinkish arrow! The arrow struck straight through Skeletra’s skull, causing her to explode violently!

Mami and I smile at each other, and celebrated after that hard-fought victory. Thankfully, we haven’t faced a foe quite as nasty as Skeletra since that victory.

Given that fact, it seemed to the two of us that the perfect time had finally arrived for us to formally commit ourselves to each other for life.

Mami and I both wore wedding dresses for our marriage day, but Mami officially took on “the Groom” role to satisfy Kyousuke’s desire to be “Best Man” for the occasion. Sayaka was my Bride’s Maid.

We were married at the church of Kyouko’s father, which had been rebuilt in recent years. Kyouko played the role of the Priest for the occasion. While this was a very solemn and blissfully happy occasion for Mami, myself, and the closest friends and family members of Mami and I, we decided to have a little bit of fun at the expense of a certain someone in the groom’s section of the congregation.

“If anyone objects to this marriage, let them speak now or forever hold their peace…” Kyouko stated, while smirking slightly and putting a lot of emphasis on "objects".

There was a certain someone in the audience that just can’t resist objecting. His name is Kazuki Kudo, one of Mami’s best friends and sole caretaker for quite some time. He’s better known as Phoenix Wright.

After Kyouko’s statement, Kazuki Kudo came to a standing position, and was about to make his trademark finger-point arm thrust forward.

“Ob-objec…” he began in stammering statement, before the current situation was enough to overwhelm his obsession, “… No objections, your honor.”

The crowd erupted in laughter, while Mami and I giggled and Phoenix Wright blushed beat red! Mami and I will always be thankful to Kazuki Kudo for lending his beach house to us during our first vacation together, and now we're also thankful to him for adding such memorable and welcomed levity to our wedding.

But soon the laughter ended, and Mami and I could only stare passionately into each other’s eyes after lifting up each other’s veils. We then made the deepest, wettest kiss we could muster! Our wedding was truly a dream fully realized.

The only part of our dreams that now seemed beyond us was either of us having a biological child. This is due to the effect of infertility that Soul Gems have on our bodies. But a brilliant scientist found a way around that. A brilliant scientist named Dr. Jail Scaglietti!

Through his incredible reproductive technologies, Dr. Scaglietti was able to create a child that would be the biological daughter of both Mami and me. We named our beautiful blonde daughter, Momo.

Momo is such a wonderful child, who seems to have inherited all the best qualities of both Mami and myself. It’s definitely not hard to imagine her becoming a great Puella Magi one day, as Mami and I have not kept the truth of that from her, and I think she admires us for it.

Momo has already become very fond of Kyousuke’s violin playing, and a big lover of Hitomi’s delicious desserts. She also enjoys playing children’s card games with Seto… though Seto has a bad tendency to make her cry with his trap cards. I’m really going to have to talk to him about that!

The magic of the Puella Magi world was once a frightening and ominous thing for both Mami and I, but it’s since become a seemingly unblemished blessing. It is something that has brought us together, in unending union and joyous jubilation. I will always be thankful to Mami for what she has brought into my life, and I know that the feeling is mutual. We will love each other always…

The End (Mami Romance, Perfect End)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it! Mami Lives! side completed (other than special "extras" I might write later)

I'll have PPPL announcements to make in the days and weeks to come. But for now, I eagerly look forward to reading everybody's take on the conclusion to Mami Romance!

P.S. I'm sure you all know the drill on the YouTube songs at clickable links by now.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-04-11 at 16:25.
Old 2013-04-16, 00:28   Link #317
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

For you, Triple_R, the day Mami Lives! got its final Shirogane Review may very well be among the most important days of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

But enough about dictators named after bovine, let's get to the point of this, shall we?

Spoiler for Mami Lives! Chapter 14 - Mami Romance ~Shirogane Review~:

Anyway, this was an outstanding end to a storyline that actually had me regretting my decision to "officially" stick with my original choice with MO1 on several, several occasions... as well as the technically more positive choice I made regarding Sayaka and Kyousuke, because the negative outcome actually had some of my favorite scenes between Madoka and Mami. Truly, this conclusion was worth the wait, and I hope this review has been worth it for you, as well.

And... Since this half of the project is finally complete, I figured I'd do something a bit different...

Spoiler for Mami Lives ~Final Shirogane Review~:
Old 2013-04-23, 14:11   Link #318
TreacherousFox
As trustful as an armor

Well, well, well, at long last, we reach the final conclussion of the Mami Is Alive route.

To be honest, the part involving secretly being unfaithful to Mami with Homura had an unexpected finale.

Spoiler for Reason why it was unexpected:

All in all, though, it was sweet. Made me eager about seeing how will the Mami Is Dead route will go on.

Also, all of sudden I wonder how would the Spanish dubbers of Madoka would react to this fic, specially Carmen Ambrós, Madoka's dub VA. c.c
Old 2013-04-23, 16:06   Link #319
Dr. Casey

And so the Mami Lives route has come to its final and absolute end. It's been quite a journey; January 26th 2012 feels to me to be quite some time ago, the day the chapter containing the Mami Lives Prologue was posted. I have to admit, I've been spoiled by 16 months of Mami living... some of the future routes where she's nowhere to be found will seem sad... >< But though it's bittersweet to say our farewells to Mami, the chapter presented here was, as always, more sweet than bitter. I mean, I can't be too sad whenever I'm reading some new PPPL. This story rules, rumors say that there wasn't much panic on December 21st because people were too busy reading PPPL and forgot all about the end of the world.

The idea of Hitomi, along with every other person that lost their life as well, being revived and washing upon the shore of a nearby island is a very nice one. Madoka granted the world one of the warmest and happiest events it would ever know; it made me think of that mining incident a few years ago where all the miners escaped alive and well, something that should have been tragic but had an almost inconceivably perfect, happy ending. (Though the miners suing people a year or two later did spoil the magic some... :/ ) The line about the 'aliens did it' theory being not too far from the truth made me smile, too.

I always wondered if the mechanics or the reasoning behind sex restoring Soul Gems would ever be explained. The matter was tackled here in this chapter, and not only does it make perfect sense, it actually results in Pure Pink Pretty Lovers making more sense than the actual canon storyline, since it gives an extra reason for contracting only with teenage girls besides them being the most emotional creatures (a dubious claim to begin with). Linking the mahou shoujo world to ancient Greek and Roman mythology was great and just heightens the sense that the magical world played a role behind the scenes throughout every era of mankind. Ah, and cleansing the Soul Gem through sex was referred to as being 'relatively' safe, which denotes some degree of danger. Were you thinking of STDs or something with that quote?

Hippie Homura Harem! was a very interesting scene. Speaking to your partner about changing your relationship to an open one certainly isn't an easy thing to do... I think Sayaka might have had a stronger reaction were she the one dating Madoka, and might have needed more time, but thankfully Mami is more understanding of the situation. Of course, Madoka doesn't mention that she's been cheating on Mami since before she knew that sex restores one's Soul Gem... oh well, no point sweating the small details, I suppose. I'm not sure it was intended, but Mami's "But to be fair, I in turn may do the same..." seemed somewhat cold and had a little bit of a bite to it. I almost got the impression that Mami's spirits were rather dampened by the turn their relationship had taken... that might just be me, though.

Musically Magical Mami... great read. I don't tend to care much for glitz and glamor and blinding lights in real life, but I enjoy them much more in fictional settings (Gritty and shady dance clubs, concerts, the idol scene, and so on), and this chapter was no exception. "Arigatou" is a damn good song and did a fantastic job at enhancing the mood and atmosphere of the scene, and I loved the piece of fanart used here. XD Mami is very pretty there, and her chibified puella magi cheerleaders are adorable. The idea of Sayaka being a talent scout is an interesting one; she's probably the best-suited for the job out of the five mahou shoujos (well, six counting Hitomi). Either her or Kyouko, anyway, who I could see being skilled at such a job after she mellows out. Or even before then, I guess; "Try to enter the musical world or I'll break your arms and legs" is motivational too in its own way. "And it was my sincerest wish that I would be all the support that this bright, orange star would need." was a very nice line, and a good emotional climax to the scene. I also look forward to Clarami fangasming over the inclusion of Clara.

Minigame number nine! In the vein of Guitar Hero or Parappa the Rapper, you have to push certain buttons at the exact right moment to help Mami sing her song successfully. Worry not if you're no good at Guitar Hero; it's actually impossible to lose this minigame, the audience is so enamored with Mami that even if you miss every note and Mami sings every single word off-key, her fanbase won't even notice.

I lol'd at much of the paragraph about Hitomi's relationship with Seto Kaiba. I agree with the prose that they would make a nice couple, but yeah, I got a good laugh at the mention of them never following the rules. You could probably write a spin-off comedy series (with all the seriousness of a 4koma or omake) about playing card games with Kaiba and Hitomi. So Sayaka and Kyosuke were married New Year's Day 2062, eh... sounds like a perfect day and a perfect beginning to the year, and that's a beautiful fanart you found to help depict the moment.

Hmm... so Mami retires from the world of idolhood when she's in her early 20s... that means she became an idol in 2061 and quit her career sometime during the late 2060s (She was born around 2046 in PPPL canon, so she probably retired no later than 2069ish). So the 2060s were a dizzying whirlwind of a time with Mami being a famous idol, wheras the 2070s are calmer and more stable, with the two girls settling down, getting married, and starting a family. Both decades sound great in their own way and are nice to think about. Speaking of the wedding, the Phoenix Wright moment was one of the cutest jokes in the story. Madoka and Mami probably could have chosen a better moment to have the deepest, wettest kiss they were capable of, though. As much as I enjoy imagining such a thing, that couldn't have good for poor Homura to watch. Hopefully Homura won't cry into her pillow for too many nights following that.

Oh... and I've never watched He-Man, but the Skeletor theme is badass.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:26   Link #320
Triple_R
*Author

I want to thank Kogetsu Shirogane, TreacherousFox, and Dr. Casey for their replies and reviews. Sorry for the exceptionally late reply, but I admittedly have had PPPL on the backburner for a bit. Hopefully, that'll change in a few days time.

Once I delve back into PPPL, there are some "canon story" routes left to handle, all picked up around Episode 7 or so of PMMM, IIRC. There is also, however, a more action-packed, fantasy story involving Madoka, Sayaka, and Homura joining Kyouko's Rebels against Emperor Jinnai which I have (largely) already plotted out to the end.

Do regular readers have any preference for where they'd like for me to go next?

In any event, I have a bit of a reply for Dr. Casey now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
And so the Mami Lives route has come to its final and absolute end. It's been quite a journey; January 26th 2012 feels to me to be quite some time ago, the day the chapter containing the Mami Lives Prologue was posted. I have to admit, I've been spoiled by 16 months of Mami living... some of the future routes where she's nowhere to be found will seem sad... ><
Definitely. I can't think of many anime characters that left a stronger impression in just 3 episodes of content than what Mami Tomoe did. In spite of how little screen-time she had in the anime, I found it very easy and pleasant to write her, both for her dialogue and also for her narration in some scenes. And keep in mind that I'm not someone who's read all of the Madoka Magica spin-off works. The only other place where I've personally read additional Mami was in Oriko Magica, but that honestly had little impact on my writing of her (aside from action scenes, perhaps).

The anime alone gave Mami a wonderfully strong characterization in just three episodes, and it was a lot of fun to take that to places that the anime could never allow.

Quote:
But though it's bittersweet to say our farewells to Mami, the chapter presented here was, as always, more sweet than bitter. I mean, I can't be too sad whenever I'm reading some new PPPL. This story rules, rumors say that there wasn't much panic on December 21st because people were too busy reading PPPL and forgot all about the end of the world.
lol, thanks a lot for a very clever and strong compliment.

Quote:
The idea of Hitomi, along with every other person that lost their life as well, being revived and washing upon the shore of a nearby island is a very nice one. Madoka granted the world one of the warmest and happiest events it would ever know; it made me think of that mining incident a few years ago where all the miners escaped alive and well, something that should have been tragic but had an almost inconceivably perfect, happy ending. (Though the miners suing people a year or two later did spoil the magic some... :/ ) The line about the 'aliens did it' theory being not too far from the truth made me smile, too.
I thought it was the perfect way to segue into a Kyubey scene.

Quote:
I always wondered if the mechanics or the reasoning behind sex restoring Soul Gems would ever be explained. The matter was tackled here in this chapter, and not only does it make perfect sense, it actually results in Pure Pink Pretty Lovers making more sense than the actual canon storyline, since it gives an extra reason for contracting only with teenage girls besides them being the most emotional creatures (a dubious claim to begin with).
I'm glad you appreciated it.

The "sex restores Soul Gems" aspect of my narrative admittedly has a "That's so very convenient..." feeling to it, but what I think can make it seem a bit more legitimate is how it now ties into "Here's the real reason Kyubey only contracts with adolescent girls."

Yeah, knowing as we do that Kyubey wants magical humans to eventually turn into witches, it makes sense that he wouldn't want humans to have an easy means of avoiding it (sexual relationships amongst themselves). By focusing strictly on adolescent girls, there's far less likelihood of magical humans avoiding Soul Gem corruption through sex.

Some may then wonder "Why would Kyubey agree to Kyousuke becoming a magical human, when even Kyubey must have known that him and Sayaka were likely to discover the sexual means of Soul Gem cleansing following that?". My thinking is that this is exactly what Kyubey wants, as it would pave the way to Madoka becoming a magical girl. Otherwise, Kyubey doesn't even get the energy that comes from Madoka becoming a magical girl (as we see with the "Normal Ending" for Mami Romance).

Quote:
Linking the mahou shoujo world to ancient Greek and Roman mythology was great and just heightens the sense that the magical world played a role behind the scenes throughout every era of mankind. Ah, and cleansing the Soul Gem through sex was referred to as being 'relatively' safe, which denotes some degree of danger. Were you thinking of STDs or something with that quote?
I've considered adding a potential downside to the method to make it seem less easy/convenient. One idea I've considered is that if two magical humans have sex together purely for Soul Gem cleansing purpose (i.e. without the two having any strong feelings whatsoever for each other, even real friendship), then the process actually corrupts their Soul Gem rather than cleansing it.

But barring that, yeah, we'll just go with STDs.

Quote:

Hippie Homura Harem! was a very interesting scene. Speaking to your partner about changing your relationship to an open one certainly isn't an easy thing to do... I think Sayaka might have had a stronger reaction were she the one dating Madoka, and might have needed more time, but thankfully Mami is more understanding of the situation. Of course, Madoka doesn't mention that she's been cheating on Mami since before she knew that sex restores one's Soul Gem... oh well, no point sweating the small details, I suppose. I'm not sure it was intended, but Mami's "But to be fair, I in turn may do the same..." seemed somewhat cold and had a little bit of a bite to it. I almost got the impression that Mami's spirits were rather dampened by the turn their relationship had taken... that might just be me, though.
I did intend for Mami to come off this way. It's important to remember what leads to this scene if you get it. One thing that lead to this scene was the end of the Beach weekend trip/date/vacation. At the end of that, Homura and Mami had quite the spat with each other. If you get "Hippie Homura Harem!", then that spat ended with Madoka handling it in a way that was displeasing and hurtful to Mami.

Mami's not dumb. Given all of what I just wrote, she knows that Madoka is thinking "Homura" even if Madoka isn't coming right out and saying Homura's name. And that reminds Mami of the sad end to the Beach weekend date (for those who get HHH!). I think it makes sense for Mami to feel challenged, and maybe even "one-upped", by Homura. Mami insists on the "concubine" terminology as a way of saying to Madoka - "At the very least, Madoka, I will be coming first in your life, as far as romance is concerned".

Mami's willingness to take "concubines" herself is rooted partly in a sincere concern for Kyouko, as a relative loner like Kyouko might otherwise have a hard time finding someone to Cleanse Soul Gems with through sexual means.

Quote:
Musically Magical Mami... great read. I don't tend to care much for glitz and glamor and blinding lights in real life, but I enjoy them much more in fictional settings (Gritty and shady dance clubs, concerts, the idol scene, and so on), and this chapter was no exception. "Arigatou" is a damn good song and did a fantastic job at enhancing the mood and atmosphere of the scene, and I loved the piece of fanart used here. XD
Thanks! Mami's seiyu really does have a great singing voice, making this all that much more believable since that's also Mami's voice, of course.

Quote:
Mami is very pretty there, and her chibified puella magi cheerleaders are adorable. The idea of Sayaka being a talent scout is an interesting one; she's probably the best-suited for the job out of the five mahou shoujos (well, six counting Hitomi). Either her or Kyouko, anyway, who I could see being skilled at such a job after she mellows out. Or even before then, I guess; "Try to enter the musical world or I'll break your arms and legs" is motivational too in its own way.
LoL!

Quote:
"And it was my sincerest wish that I would be all the support that this bright, orange star would need." was a very nice line, and a good emotional climax to the scene. I also look forward to Clarami fangasming over the inclusion of Clara.
Given that Clara is a real life person, I was hesitant to give her many lines, but I don't think this much will hurt.

Quote:
Minigame number nine! In the vein of Guitar Hero or Parappa the Rapper, you have to push certain buttons at the exact right moment to help Mami sing her song successfully. Worry not if you're no good at Guitar Hero; it's actually impossible to lose this minigame, the audience is so enamored with Mami that even if you miss every note and Mami sings every single word off-key, her fanbase won't even notice.
Somebody really should make your mini-games someday, even if they're stand-alone flash games.

Quote:
I lol'd at much of the paragraph about Hitomi's relationship with Seto Kaiba. I agree with the prose that they would make a nice couple, but yeah, I got a good laugh at the mention of them never following the rules. You could probably write a spin-off comedy series (with all the seriousness of a 4koma or omake) about playing card games with Kaiba and Hitomi.
Green-haired Kaiba strikes me as a great match for Hitomi. I imagine it eventually being like Vegeta/Bulma in DBZ. And yeah, I think its pretty clear that Kaiba and Hitomi both like screwing the rules. One does it in children's card games while the other does it in teenage romances...

Quote:
So Sayaka and Kyosuke were married New Year's Day 2062, eh... sounds like a perfect day and a perfect beginning to the year, and that's a beautiful fanart you found to help depict the moment.
That fanart and one other was actually a big part of my decision to go down a "Magical Boy Kyousuke" route. Fanart has always been a big inspiration for PPPL, so I hope the Madoka Magica fanart never stops coming!

Quote:
Madoka and Mami probably could have chosen a better moment to have the deepest, wettest kiss they were capable of, though. As much as I enjoy imagining such a thing, that couldn't have good for poor Homura to watch. Hopefully Homura won't cry into her pillow for too many nights following that.
Actually, my thinking is that Homura didn't attend the wedding. You make a good point if Homura was there, though.

Glad you enjoyed the Phoenix Wright bit. Given that he was almost a surrogate father for Mami in PPPL, I felt he should have a nice final sendoff in Mami Romance.

Quote:
Oh... and I've never watched He-Man, but the Skeletor theme is badass.
Thanks! "Skeletra" is admittedly not one of my more memorable witches, but I felt I should have at least one battle involving Puella Magi Madoka to make full use out of her becoming a Puella Magi in this "Perfect End".

And... that's all folks! Hopefully I'll have more PPPL up in a week or less.