AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-12, 17:52   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Quantifying fun like this is a bit, uh... it's not something I can agree with.
What matters more is how much real content it has over the period of time it takes to complete, not the number of hours spent completing content.
That's why I said pure length was too simplistic. Am I being entertained during that duration is important, too. Assuming equal entertainment value -- then the $$/hr has a little more validity. It is just part of the way I decide how to spend my "unproductive" hours and dollars.
Old 2013-03-12, 21:20   Link #122
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seems here you can still leap to your death, but Lara isn't as athletic as the previous games so she cannot do that dive of hers, she's like John Rambo in First Blood. Great game currently playing it, worth the $60 price.
Old 2013-03-12, 22:20   Link #123
Skane
Anime Snark

I don't mind "short games" if the immersion factor is good, like Spec-Ops Line (now this is a game that badly needs more support). Movies over here cost about 15 dollars on weekends, not counting tidbits, but I still dole out the moola if I am sufficiently convinced the movie will be entertaining.

Then again... I always seem to be a slow player. I don't know how they calculate game-length in reviews, but I never seem to play a game as fast as reviewers. Generally speaking, if a reviewer says a game takes 12 hours to complete, I take at least 24. I guess I'm a "smell the roses" kind of guy.

Having fun in Tomb Raider at the moment, but getting distracted by SC2:HotS release. I might complete HotS' campaign first, because spoilers are coming out way too much for my liking.

Cheers.
Old 2013-03-12, 22:38   Link #124
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Look at the end of the day, if you liked it, you liked it; if you didn't like it, you didn't like it.

I've spent close to 12 hours on this game and I am by no means finished. Stop and smell the moss and enjoy the scenery.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 23:24   Link #125
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I just see some players today want a long game and complains when they see when you skip scenes and just go forward.

Reminds me of the old days, RE1 took me month to finish because there where no walkthroughs and alot of puzzles to solve, when actually it can be finished under 3 hours or less.

Either way Iam enjoying this Tomb Raider reboot and since this is my very first Tomb Raider game it's quite fun.
Old 2013-03-12, 23:31   Link #126
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I just see some players today want a long game and complains when they see when you skip scenes and just go forward.

Reminds me of the old days, RE1 took me month to finish because there where no walkthroughs and alot of puzzles to solve, when actually it can be finished under 3 hours or less.
Yeah, that's why I try to avoid walkthroughs nowadays, among other reasons. Everything's just over so damn fast.

Quote:
Either way Iam enjoying this Tomb Raider reboot and since this is my very first Tomb Raider game it's quite fun.
Hey, me too! But I have to admit, pretty much 100% of my desire to play this game was because of Uncharted

Anyway it's quite fun so far, and I'm already hoping they make sequels.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 23:41   Link #127
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Yeah, that's why I try to avoid walkthroughs nowadays, among other reasons. Everything's just over so damn fast.

Hey, me too! But I have to admit, pretty much 100% of my desire to play this game was because of Uncharted

Anyway it's quite fun so far, and I'm already hoping they make sequels.
agreed, I only use walkthoughs if Iam stuck on a certain area, then go ahead without it when Iam done with that area or boss.

For me before I really didn't dig the older Tomb Raider games for reasons why I dunno because probably it didn't felt like a "Tomb Raider" all those past games since you got a gun and well verse adventuring, but this reboot gave me a feel that you really need to survive and fight to stay alive using the limited things given to you.

This Lara for me with that kinda felt more feminine, besides her beautiful updated design.
Old 2013-03-12, 23:52   Link #128
Xagzan

Eh, I don't really care too much how feminine she is or not. She is who she is. Not that I know anything about her from past games, but still, I like her well enough so far.

Also glad the game includes Uncharted-esque treasure collectibles. Already found some Noh masks and fan types.
Old 2013-03-13, 01:16   Link #129
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's the character design that puts me off the original game series, though it did improved through the years, but I feel the old Lara is lacking something.

This new Lara fills in perfectly to what I like about a game about tomb raiding.
Old 2013-03-20, 16:15   Link #130
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

and then there were no puntuations.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...25-Tomb-Raider
Old 2013-03-20, 19:51   Link #131
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Ordered the game from Amazon today because I had to order some other stuff; might as well get Tomb Raider now. Can't wait to play it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
and then there were no puntuations.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...25-Tomb-Raider
Take a machete like a champ.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 19:45   Link #132
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Guess he doesn't like the game. But there is one true thing here. It's not like MGS3 where Lara needs to eat to keep her Stamina up. That is what I was looking for, but then it just became getting exp points.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:13   Link #133
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
I'd heard they didn't skimp on death cinematics; had that confirmed by a quick search on YouTube. Cue mental image of Isaac and Lara at a bar somewhere, comparing notes on the matter...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 20:41   Link #134
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I'd heard they didn't skimp on death cinematics; had that confirmed by a quick search on YouTube. Cue mental image of Isaac and Lara at a bar somewhere, comparing notes on the matter...
Isaac would go: "Bitch, you never got your eye stabbed viciously, dismembered, decapitated, Your entire body cut to pieces, Split in two straight up devoured or digested, The worse you got were impalement and crushed by rocks and people act like your deaths were so gruesome just because you're a woman.....Christ where the hell is my beer?"
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 21:10   Link #135
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I'm barely into it and I'm like it so far.

Looking past the fact that Lara has a horrible injury and just keeps on trucking, I am liking exploring the Coastal Forest looking for all the tangential stuff and hunting animals for XP.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 02:13   Link #136
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Lara here is like Rambo from First Blood. She can go on even with injuries.
Old 2013-03-24, 07:46   Link #137
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Isaac would go: "Bitch, you never got your eye stabbed viciously, dismembered, decapitated, Your entire body cut to pieces, Split in two straight up devoured or digested, The worse you got were impalement and crushed by rocks and people act like your deaths were so gruesome just because you're a woman.....Christ where the hell is my beer?"
Don't forget something crawling inside you through your mouth O_o
Old 2013-03-26, 13:18   Link #138
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Tomb Raider didnt meet the sales expectation:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/tomb-ra...target-6405929

so 3.4 million sales weren't enough for them? holy moly, what was Square Enix
expected sales to be? 6 millions copy sold? >_____>;

i feel like they should be grateful that they even pass the 1 millon mark. greedy companies these days.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:49   Link #139
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Jeez indeed, what is with gaming companies being really greedy with their sales expectations? I personally blame Call of Duty.

Tsk tsk either way HOPEFULLY they have enough sense to look past their expectations and realize the game was a success all the same. And I'm fairly sure the game sold more than DMC and if that's true then THEY DEFINITELY SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 15:28   Link #140
Xagzan

Unrealistic expectations, S-E.