AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-07, 10:44   Link #21
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoken View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for 10
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Shouko looks sad, I wonder what happened.
i thinks why thunder angry and while the others are brooding is that the valvraves curse becomes known to thunder and shoko, haruto brooding because he didn't want her to know and saki is brooding because she is starting to develop actual feelings towards haruto and is upset because of reaction towards shoko knowing
Old 2013-06-07, 11:00   Link #22
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i thinks why thunder angry and while the others are brooding is that the valvraves curse becomes known to thunder and shoko, haruto brooding because he didn't want her to know and saki is brooding because she is starting to develop actual feelings towards haruto and is upset because of reaction towards shoko knowing
It's about time Shoko found out about Haruto resigning his humanity. Hopefully the episode keeps the focus on character development. Thunder didn't really know what he was getting into, so I'm wondering how he'll react when he finds out.
Old 2013-06-07, 11:16   Link #23
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoken View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for 10
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Shouko looks sad, I wonder what happened.
My take on why Saki looks sad...

Saki looks sad because she wanted haruto and her only to be "alone together" as pilots of valvraves and probably more, as depicted at the end of Ep 5. Now that there is two more pilots, of course the fame is going to split between them now which is a con for her, but she is sad because its not just her and haruto anymore.
Old 2013-06-07, 11:28   Link #24
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
My take on why Saki looks sad...

Saki looks sad because she wanted haruto and her only to be "alone together" as pilots of valvraves and probably more, as depicted at the end of Ep 5. Now that there is two more pilots, of course the fame is going to split between them now which is a con for her, but she is sad because its not just her and haruto anymore.
plausible

if you're right I'm calling you a psychic .. or a psychologist
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-07, 11:52   Link #25
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
I bolded your 4th observation out of your 5th to extract my thoughts on it. Remember Saki was a celebrity/idol before coming to school. An idol/celebrity has to maintain an public image (judging by her song, her character didn't seem like she would sleep around, maybe Saki is as "pure" as Shouko, but way more mature than her.), and what we know so far is that Saki thought she'd given up on her musical dream, but then found Haruto as an inspiration(maybe?). We can also assume that she didn't have a public boyfriend because no one asked/teased if she had a boyfriend or not nor was it mentioned thus far. So she not might be into Alpha males per say(She also didn't understand why Haruto pushed her off of him and was confused by all sorts, with this we can believe she was never rejected by any guy she chased or haruto is the first guy she has had feelings for(i'm hoping its the latter). Now here is an important statement, Saki used to be an idol/celebrity before her sudden retirement..(maybe adults tricked her(remember past episodes Saki stated that adults should never be trusted or something along the lines. We also learned that she is used to violence, so maybe her becoming an idol was to get away from her abusing family/ or retiring because her agent/manager was abusive.). Now, if you went from being a famous idol to a regular high school student, you would believe life would be exciting and new? No, for Saki it was completely boring and uninteresting, as you can see in episode one where she would just sit quietly and stare at her phone all day( not make any social contact at all). She started showing interest for Haruto when he ran up to the Valvrave, it became clear that she was fully interested when he defeated a dorsian fleet by himself by sending a friend request to him. Well with all this, I just believe Saki wants to spice up her boring ordinary life with romance and action thus trying to get closer to Haruto, though I also believe she actually has romantic feelings for Haruto (when he stepped forward to help her and grabbed her hands two times, she gasped. When she gasped, we can also assume that people would rarely help her, or she was shocked that she might get abused again. Either way, she is not used to being touched(gently/in a non abusive manner), but with Haruto, she seems perfectly fine.)
Well was right about her being abused by her family back when episode 5 just aired.

Quote:
If you watch the OP in the scene after L-Elf where everyone is in space and is either looking right or left, I believe that everyone that is looking towards the right are the pilots or has to do something with the Valvraves. This is just a theory because on most animes I watch and studied the OP, most of my guesses about the anime were correct.

Also in the ending where eveyrone is facing right or left, I believe those are the pairs.
This is a wild guess based on the bonds/relationships that were built in episode 5.
At first I thought it was a type of showcasing where they partner would look the opposite way(they had your back kinda thing, but its in fact the opposite. The partner would look the same way.
This is due because the glasses guy and bully were looking the same way( built bonds/gained respect in episode 5)
The pres and vice president were looking the same way also.
The two teacher's looked opposite ways because they didn't click at all during their little dialogue.
Haruto's friend and glasses girl spent alot of time together in the past 5 episodes also and were looking the same way.

What does this mean?
L-Elf x Shouko
Haruto x Saki

The OP and ED contradict each other
Depending on which way they are facing the opposite direction in the OP and the same direction in the ED
Partner/friends/interests they look
In the OP is the right/left up/down
in the end is the right/right up/up

Quote:
Well The order I'm guessing for others to get their VVV's are

Saki and haruto's friend simultaneously.
Bully
Glasses Guy

Later in the series:
Pres
Teacher

And the other 2 for near the end of the first season or beginning of the second season (teacher and pres)

@Blackstealth
We're missing VVV #2 and possibly the next gen VVV #7 that is probably OP
Since we have this, I just wanted to post it in the appropriate thread. Also by teacher, I meant the female teacher.
Old 2013-06-07, 17:48   Link #26
bastek66

I saw pic listing who will die based supposed Chinese forums (forgot to save, too lazy to search):
Spoiler for I warn you:
Old 2013-06-07, 17:58   Link #27
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Then again, you never know.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-07, 18:52   Link #28
Destined_Fate

Seems fake as no way they would kill off everyone outside actually doing that crazy 200 year time skip for real.
Old 2013-06-07, 21:23   Link #29
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
Isn't this just modification / photoshop (not sure if suitable in this context).

The third pic looks identical to the scene at the shrine in episode 1.
You have there a very great point. The third picture is a bit weird to me. Recalling what i saw in the first episode, Saki also had the same exdpresion. Looking at the Phone.

If you look closely you see her looking sad at her Phone.

I find this weird. Because she is naked and haruto looking like WHAT THE FUCK and she sits there looking at her Phone sad?

a weird last picture.
Old 2013-06-07, 21:52   Link #30
zztop

Valvrave ep 9 review by Hakotoshokan makes some interesting points re. the Valvrave pilots and the 7 Christian sins.

http://hakotoshokan.wordpress.com/20...ki-valvrave-9/

Basically:

Spoiler for Personality/Associated Christian sins of Valvrave Pilots:
Old 2013-06-07, 21:53   Link #31
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I saw pic listing who will die based supposed Chinese forums (forgot to save, too lazy to search):
Spoiler for I warn you:
Then again, if the series wants to time jump to 200 years later, all the deaths are logical
Old 2013-06-07, 23:04   Link #32
Destined_Fate

If they do a 200 year jump it means L-11 and H-9 will die too as so far L-Elf has had multiple chances to get in a Valvrave but didn't this it's very unlikely he'll be a pilot thus no eternal life for him. H-9 isn't even on their side and has no access to Valvrave as well and Akira thus far could easily not be a Valvrave pilot as well.
Old 2013-06-07, 23:17   Link #33
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
You have there a very great point. The third picture is a bit weird to me. Recalling what i saw in the first episode, Saki also had the same exdpresion. Looking at the Phone.

If you look closely you see her looking sad at her Phone.

I find this weird. Because she is naked and haruto looking like WHAT THE FUCK and she sits there looking at her Phone sad?

a weird last picture.
Actually, ep 1 her expression at the sign was that she was resting her head on her hand. Dying of boredom... This actually looks like she is sad
Old 2013-06-07, 23:43   Link #34
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That's what I was thinking. Something like that goes down and she's looking at her phone? Maybe someone calls her after the thing goes down?

Edit: Then again she is using his jacket to cover up, so maybe someone is calling Haruto's phone and she just happens to pick it up?
Old 2013-06-07, 23:54   Link #35
zztop

The bigger question here is,

Why would a nation completely committed to a pacifist, no-war stance even develop the Valvraves in the first place?

The decision to have Module 77 and the school serve as a covert recruitment and Valvrave manufacturing facility certainly points back to involvement by the highest echelons of JIOR. But why?
Old 2013-06-08, 00:13   Link #36
Destined_Fate

Simple, Pacifism is a lie. They wanted to take out both sides after they were exhausted with their superior mechas via Valvraves.
Old 2013-06-08, 00:17   Link #37
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Simple, Pacifism is a lie. They wanted to take out both sides after they were exhausted with their superior mechas via Valvraves.
That seems like most logical answer. Maybe they felt since they're a pacifist nation they wanted to ensure they could protect themselves in case ARUS or Dorssia ever attacked.
Old 2013-06-08, 00:26   Link #38
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The bigger question here is,

Why would a nation completely committed to a pacifist, no-war stance even develop the Valvraves in the first place?

The decision to have Module 77 and the school serve as a covert recruitment and Valvrave manufacturing facility certainly points back to involvement by the highest echelons of JIOR. But why?
Because I don’t care how pacifistic or neutral your nation is, you might not want to attack others but you had better darn well defend yourself and your citizens. Even if you’re the most notoriously neutral nation on Earth (Switzerland for example) you have to have a military and weapons to defend yourself as well as to enforce your neutrality during wartime.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-08, 00:31   Link #39
Aoken
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

So the theory of Shouko being Haruto's ghost newtype is busted.

Spoiler for more leaks?:

Last edited by Aoken; 2013-06-08 at 00:49.
Old 2013-06-08, 00:48   Link #40
Key Board
Carbon

I'm at the point where I'm considering going off the internet for a while

at this rate, he will spoil everything for me
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Closed Thread