AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-16, 22:09   Link #1861
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This is one of the reasons why I like this sort of forbidden romance theme in fiction; it's very emotional and bittersweet. Because they can never be truly open and upfront about their feelings in public and they can never just be a "normal couple", they end up in this sort of isolated world where they can only be "alone together". And the further they indulge themselves in that world, the more they isolate themselves from everyone else around them, and the problem compounds (as so eloquently shown in this episode). So the choice is basically that they have to truly be enough for each other -- now and forever -- or they have to separate from each other despite of, or even because of, how much they love each other. That's some pretty heart-rending stuff. So yeah, I think you're exactly right on in your read.
That's a good way to put it, I couldn't have said it any better myself. Their love has to be true and unconditional because of this fact. I've always been a fan of tragic love regardless if it was incest or not.

"Oh what tangled webs we weave."

They must agree to be "alone together," those 2 words pretty much says it all. Yes, you know exactly what I'm talking about

Quote:
We should know once the two OST are released; they're coming with the first and third Blu-Ray volumes respectively (next week and then late-February).
I might have to purchase these. Thank you for the information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
In solitude, where we are least alone.
I see what you did there

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Just out of curiosity, do any of you people find it awkward to recommend anime like this to your "opposite sex" sibling? (who for this example might be close to you?)
Not at all. As long as your sibling is open-minded, then I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem. Although I hope your sibling is old enough to watch this show considering it is pretty explicit.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 22:23   Link #1862
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, do any of you people find it awkward to recommend anime like this to your "opposite sex" sibling? (who for this example might be close to you?)
Well, even if you set aside the "adult content" and the theme of this particular arc, my sisters don't really like romance anime to begin with. They think I'm weird for loving these "girly" shows (not that anyone could realistically accuse this show of being girly...)
Old 2010-12-16, 23:04   Link #1863
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I feel kind of wrong watching this arc up tell now it was ok but now its just creepy
Old 2010-12-16, 23:48   Link #1864
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
That's a good way to put it, I couldn't have said it any better myself. Their love has to be true and unconditional because of this fact. I've always been a fan of tragic love regardless if it was incest or not.

"Oh what tangled webs we weave."

They must agree to be "alone together," those 2 words pretty much says it all. Yes, you know exactly what I'm talking about

I might have to purchase these. Thank you for the information

I see what you did there

Not at all. As long as your sibling is open-minded, then I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem. Although I hope your sibling is old enough to watch this show considering it is pretty explicit.
Yea, pretty much what he/she said. But I think if you are recommending something more "family" friendly and less risque material, you might want to try Ore no imouto.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 00:00   Link #1865
Lilith
Your average fangirl

I think so too that the booming in viewing this thread (and preorders) was thanks to passionate kiss of Kazuha and Haruka and the following sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
That's how I felt, too. I guess it's good that we can all enjoy the show in different ways, but I was so into the characters that I didn't have the separation to see it as funny...just joyous and exciting, and then disastrous.
You're right. And I was sooo into it.

Quote:
Exactly what I felt. That moment when he put his arms around her, when they were sitting beside the bed, was the moment when you knew he had accepted her.
Yes, yes, yes! Accepting (or succumbing to? ) Sora. Accompined with the awesome music relentlessflame mentioned, I was more that touched.

Quote:
Although Kozue does represent the real attitudes in society toward incest, and it's hard to blame her for being normal. I was certainly surprised that Haru mentioned incest in front of her. That seemed a bit implausible, useful as it was to the plot.
I can't imagine Haru finding an excuse for reading incest. "It's for English Class essay"?

Also...
Could it be that Haru wanted to be exposed? So that he can break up with Sora without having to do it himself? "We have to let go because of sociey"?
Or something...

Quote:
Don't do it! They might think you're "sending hidden messages" with this rec and think you want to have what's between Haru and Sora. XD
Old 2010-12-17, 02:23   Link #1866
dark998

Episode 11 was fantastic, I waited 11 weeks for the twincest and the show delivered the goods.

Hoping for a happy ending for both Sora and Haru.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 06:02   Link #1867
Blitzfx

this is a comment about the animation rather than story but..
at 4:27 (in UTW release), anyone notice that the clothes that got pulled down vanished into thin air?
Blitzfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 08:40   Link #1868
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
One thing I wanted to comment about in Episode 11 is the excellent use of music, especially as we get to the end. In particular, by now you should recognize the main theme of Yosuga no Sora, which (always) plays whenever you see the couple of the moment walking through the two-path field (shown here around 18:15). The theme is introduced during Sora's confession scene (around 10:45) in a light guitar solo and eventually expands in that scene to include violin and piano. The next song (at around 13:15) is the show's second theme, which is actually a variation of the first -- you'll notice that it has some similar patterns in the melody, but it draws it out to be a bit more pensive. At around 16:00 they introduce another variation, which again has a lot of the same musical cues as the original but they just skip a few notes and switch it up; by the time we get around 17:05, you can hear the theme clearly start to come back through again. Then at around 18:00 we get a closing medley that refers back to the start of episode 1: you'll immediately recognize the main theme, but you'll also pick up on the "train scenery" cue that brings the story full circle. It's not just the music itself, but the way the music is carefully placed -- the timing, the context, the symbolism... really great. If you put all the music together and think of it as a story in and of itself, then we're ready for the final act.
I couldn't agree more. Then again, I've been praising the music placement since the beginning. It's always been top-notch, and it's one of the main strength of the anime in my opinion. I definitely need to get my hands on the OST. So many beautiful, sad and soothing pieces... This will without a doubt be my favorite soundtrack of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Also...
Could it be that Haru wanted to be exposed? So that he can break up with Sora without having to do it himself? "We have to let go because of sociey"?
Or something...
I sincerely doubt it. On the contrary, I think he was doing research on incest both to reassure himself (incest, while not necessarily recommended, used to be acceptable in the past; and is in fact still accepted in a few cultures) and find a way to openly be with Sora.

Quote:
Don't do it! They might think you're "sending hidden messages" with this rec and think you want to have what's between Haru and Sora. XD
Maybe he wants to send a message

Otherwise, yeah, it's definitely awkward. I'm pretty sure my sister would misinterpret my intention if I recommend an anime dealing about incest to her.
Old 2010-12-17, 15:02   Link #1869
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^rest assured that that is definitely not the message I want to send hahhaha. And yeah i think some of you are right, probably not worth the potential risk.
Old 2010-12-17, 16:44   Link #1870
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

We can't really recommend this to our family, but close friends where they understands such stories and wanting wincest. Except if you really want your sibling to go incest with you, then I'm calling the cops. ~jokes
But I can suggest you to make an account where you can contact your sibling anonymously,then recommend this title. Then observe her if she watched it. (Waaaahhh I'm giving bad ideas.) Just don't go incest please. We can shatter our morals in the web, but not in real life.
Old 2010-12-17, 16:56   Link #1871
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Like Kirino said in episode one. Don't mix 2D and 3D.

That said, having never met my own siblings, I might not be the one who should be giving such advice.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 17:53   Link #1872
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Sure, just go ahead and say: "Look, this is what we could be doing!"
(but only if you're on good terms, and she has a good sense of humour)
Old 2010-12-17, 18:18   Link #1873
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Sure, just go ahead and say: "Look, this is what we could be doing!"
(but only if you're on good terms, and she has a good sense of humour)
Yeah, but what happens if that sibling is very... open minded and your plan backfires?
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 18:22   Link #1874
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
Yeah, but what happens if that sibling is very... open minded and your plan backfires?
Then (if the sister has a good personality), you got your dream come true.

Old 2010-12-17, 18:30   Link #1875
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^oh my goodness what have I done. I should've known that asking a bunch of wincest shippers would result in responses like this! lawllll
Old 2010-12-17, 18:42   Link #1876
Seitsuki
Onee!

Oh you. Quote: "I can vouch that [those games] are a result of fantasies by people who don't actually have a younger sister" (or older, as the case may be.)

Seriously though, I doubt this kind of stuff will happen in real life. No matter how "open minded" people are, I believe this is a barrier which won't be overcome in some time. Recent "taboos" which have broken down, such as homosexuality, apartheid etc did so because there was more awareness of the issue, more people coming out in support, and a rejection of the situation which made it so (supremacism, religion, and on.) On the other hand incest is not very high profile, not very common and there is scientific evidence that it's not very beneficial for the offspring (I mean we're not talking about selective breeding here). I don't really have a problem with the idea, even in RL, but I believe that the myriad of problems which *will* result, and not just for the couple (children will be stigmatised, family misunderstood/blamed by society etc) are very real and should not be glossed over. Buuut we don't have to worry about that here so..
Old 2010-12-17, 19:30   Link #1877
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Then let's see, a what-if question to you guys: IN REAL LIFE
What if you don't have parents, and you have a sister like Sora lusting over you, of course she's very attractive like Sora, what would you guys do?

I would be in the same situation like Haru in early episodes, but I would try hard not to break my morals. But damn, that's very hard to do.
Old 2010-12-17, 19:40   Link #1878
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
What if you don't have parents, and you have a sister like Sora lusting over you, of course she's very attractive like Sora, what would you guys do?

I would be in the same situation like Haru in early episodes, but I would try hard not to break my morals. But damn, that's very hard to do.
If you're in the same exact situation...then I could see where some people would fall for the trap! Honestly though, if you're planning on screwing your sibling, then you better be using some pills because its best not to have any kids. Obviously not condoning it, but hey, what right do I have to say that someone can't fall in love with their sibling?
Old 2010-12-17, 20:07   Link #1879
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Could it be that Haru wanted to be exposed? So that he can break up with Sora without having to do it himself? "We have to let go because of society"...?
This crossed my mind, as well. We know he is conflicted about it, and maybe a part of him still wanted to be exposed. Not consciously, but unconsciously.

I wondered why he didn't have other books there to disguise the subject of his interest, and why he didn't conceal the title of the book specifically about incest, and why he actually came out and said: "I just wanted to know what those incestuous marriages were like."

On the other hand, maybe he just wanted them not to have to live their life in the shadows. I did get the sense that by the time he was looking at the books, he was beginning to get excited about the prospect of actually being with Sora in that way, and he might have just said too much, in his enthusiasm.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 20:25   Link #1880
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post

Well, if it weren't for Da capo, I don't think I would have embraced wincest.

But if I had a sis like Sora, most likely I would force myself to distance from her. But knowing my sis's aggressiveness, I would most likely fall in the process.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation