AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 09:29   Link #2041
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Could you please show me where did it say in the title *GSD FAILED FINANCIALLY*? coz i cant see it...
If a movie cost 300 million to make, was a critical hit but only sold 50 million worth of tickets than it's called a failure. GSD is far from a failure, it's the 3rd best selling tv since Evangelion.

Better titles for this thread would be....

Why is GSD so mediocre, Why did GSD not live up to its potential and lastly, Why is GSD Crap? The quality of the show is subjective but as an animation project it was a massive success in doing what it was meant to do.. sell a fuckton.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:40   Link #2042
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Just playing Gundam Musou and ACE.

GSD is really-- let's says
The only Gundam series that having bad development in it's own series.
When it comes to make appearance in the outer series ( in Gundam Musou 2 and ACE for ex: )
It comes to be more well-developed rather than the anime. Even Shinn got better development there.

I guess the problem really comes from the story-writings ^^;
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 19:07   Link #2043
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If a movie cost 300 million to make, was a critical hit but only sold 50 million worth of tickets than it's called a failure. GSD is far from a failure, it's the 3rd best selling tv since Evangelion.

Better titles for this thread would be....

Why is GSD so mediocre, Why did GSD not live up to its potential and lastly, Why is GSD Crap? The quality of the show is subjective but as an animation project it was a massive success in doing what it was meant to do.. sell a fuckton.
You missed my point... i wasn't suggesting GSD failed financially, in fact i even said it didn't, Given the FACT when this thread was released GSD is already climbing to a financial success. So arguing GSD FAILED on the financial aspect is pure idiocy. Posters who dislikes the show are already aware of GSD financial success. So now logically what is left after you remove the financial status you have posters given their own personal take why they think GSD failed... like expectations etc
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 20:33   Link #2044
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
why they think GSD failed... like expectations etc
It really depends.

Were audiences really craving, hoping, wishing for a good, developed Shinn?

Or were they very happy Kira kicking arse and Kira x Lacus moments?

While the writing was substandard at worst, it nonetheless gave many fans what they wanted to see. Personally, I never thought the topic was a well-worded question.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 21:02   Link #2045
winter45

Ill do agree its not a best worded topic... I always preferred shin over kira but tbh i never liked both of them compared to other mecha shows i do watch. But it isn't just the characters i had issues with but most of my reasons has already been expressed in the first two pages of this thread by other posters.

But given the flow of this thread from the start, financial reasons wasn't the heart of the matter, but it seems lots of fanboy/girl defenders wants to use the *Its a financial success* as the debunk response to why it didn't fail when almost anyone can agree (including haters) that GSD is successful financially, but yet failed to understand this thread creation purpose even if it is badly worded.
Old 2011-09-17, 21:55   Link #2046
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's kinda amusing that you guys can't even agree on an appropriate rename for the thread.
Old 2011-09-17, 22:10   Link #2047
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

How about "Why do you think GSD failed?"

Something that isn't too one-sided.
Old 2011-09-17, 22:26   Link #2048
winter45

No one has disagreed on a rename of this thread... posters are agreeing the current name isn't appropriate.
Old 2011-09-18, 01:38   Link #2049
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Who gave me a bad rep wor what I said ?

And yes this title is wrong. GSD sold really well which means than some people really like it which also mean he didn't fail for them. "So what caused GSD to fail" is a troll because it means that everyone think this show failed. And it's not the case.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:44   Link #2050
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Too many Shinn..... they should put Kira in main character position for the whole episode...
I'm quite confused since Shinn is the main focus in first half and Shinn become the enemy in second half...
and also... Athrun is dumb in GSD (well, he's dumb in Gundam SEED but why should he kept repeating same mistakes)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:50   Link #2051
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
and also... Athrun is dumb in GSD (well, he's dumb in Gundam SEED but why should he kept repeating same mistakes)
Maybe, he's just dumb ?
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 02:07   Link #2052
Washu-Chan