AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-23, 01:30   Link #1561
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yes, she's a she.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 01:44   Link #1562
FateAnomaly

I guess she traded all her looks for her voice...

Anyway, i think Kurapica don't have to control his eyes color. All he need to do is to wear colored contact lenses.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 05:13   Link #1563
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Just to dispel any remaining confusion regarding Melody's gender, I'll borrow one of SHINOBI-03's pics if he doesn't mind.
Spoiler for Big pic:
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 09:24   Link #1564
Vicious108

Teaser for the upcoming movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZWtjcBRo4

Feels more like a preview for the next episode though.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 12:52   Link #1565
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Teaser for the upcoming movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZWtjcBRo4

Feels more like a preview for the next episode though.
Maybe it's going to be about Kurapica's carnage of the Phantom Troupe that can't be shown on TV.
Old 2012-07-23, 14:05   Link #1566
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe it's going to be about Kurapica's carnage of the Phantom Troupe that can't be shown on TV.
If they can't even show that on TV, York Shin's arc will be heavily censored. ;/

I bet the movie will be about what happened after York Shin's arc with Kurapika, and will have flashbacks of the time the Kuruta clan got annihilated. I have a hunch about the "number 4" part, but it would involve spoilers.

The "trailer" was freaking stupid, there was no scene from the movie, it was all from the anime.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 22:56   Link #1567
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
thx for the pics.

so see, this is one thing i dont like, though if they make the whole "trying to contain himself" theory, i might be ok with it. but he has to be full scarlet red when he faces the spiders, else i'll be pissed
Well, it'd be pretty stupid of him to show his red eyes in the mansion, because everyone there is perfectly aware of how much money they could get by killing him and taking his eyes. In front of the spiders, he'd probably care less because they're about to die...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 12:37   Link #1568
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^Implying an attempt to kill Kurapica is a good idea.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:46   Link #1569
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, it'd be pretty stupid of him to show his red eyes in the mansion, because everyone there is perfectly aware of how much money they could get by killing him and taking his eyes. In front of the spiders, he'd probably care less because they're about to die...
He's probably more concerned about his prospective employers guessing his purpose.
Old 2012-07-24, 14:31   Link #1570
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Hey hey just asking....melody is a girl? Not a man? I'm do not remember it that well...anyone remember?
she was always a women, her voice, tone of voice and personality suggests the same, even if her hair is like that

Last edited by supermegasonic; 2012-07-24 at 15:49. Reason: comment sounded out of place
supermegasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:20   Link #1571
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
she was always a women, her voice, tone of voice and personality suggests the same, even if her hair is like that
I confess I was a bit confused, but only on the 1999 anime. Her voice is a bit more feminine here.

Senritsu is probably my favorite new character from this particular arc, even more so than a few members from Genei Ryodan. Maybe it's because of her calm and gentle personality(despite her backstory) and how she talks to people(specially Kurapika). 2011 HxH anime got a great(and better imo) VA to play her.
Old 2012-07-25, 05:55   Link #1572
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

What I love about Senritsu (and a lot of other HxH characters, actually--she's just a good example of this) is what a unique character she is, taken as a complete package.

It's sort of hard to describe what I mean... a lot of side characters--and sometimes even main characters--in anime/manga are basically defined by a single standout trait or at most a handful of traits associated with a particular archetype. A character with Melody's design who appeared in a different series would, I think, be defined primarily by her looks. HxH doesn't completely ignore her unconventional appearance--there's that moment when Kurapika gets her gender wrong, for instance--but she reacts in her usual calm fashion, and the moment simply passes. She isn't the butt of the joke. She isn't just the ugly woman we're supposed to laugh at.

And then she has that lovely distinctive voice and manner of speaking--yet she isn't merely a soothing motherly type. She's intelligent and quite sly. She has an intriguing ability. And still, she doesn't come across as an awkward bundle of random character traits. All these facets fit together quite smoothly. HxH, with its enormous supporting cast, has a ton of characters like this. I love that we get such a wide variety of character designs and personalities, and that they give us such a rich sense of being people with their own lives separate from the main story, not just one-note paper dolls.
Old 2012-07-25, 22:02   Link #1573
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
What I love about Senritsu (and a lot of other HxH characters, actually--she's just a good example of this) is what a unique character she is, taken as a complete package.

It's sort of hard to describe what I mean... a lot of side characters--and sometimes even main characters--in anime/manga are basically defined by a single standout trait or at most a handful of traits associated with a particular archetype. A character with Melody's design who appeared in a different series would, I think, be defined primarily by her looks. HxH doesn't completely ignore her unconventional appearance--there's that moment when Kurapika gets her gender wrong, for instance--but she reacts in her usual calm fashion, and the moment simply passes. She isn't the butt of the joke. She isn't just the ugly woman we're supposed to laugh at.

And then she has that lovely distinctive voice and manner of speaking--yet she isn't merely a soothing motherly type. She's intelligent and quite sly. She has an intriguing ability. And still, she doesn't come across as an awkward bundle of random character traits. All these facets fit together quite smoothly. HxH, with its enormous supporting cast, has a ton of characters like this. I love that we get such a wide variety of character designs and personalities, and that they give us such a rich sense of being people with their own lives separate from the main story, not just one-note paper dolls.
+1 couldn't have said it better
Old 2012-07-26, 17:58   Link #1574
supermegasonic

that was a very nice way of explaining it. i particularly wanted her to stay with kuripika becuz i wanted too see more of her and her power. the way she can interpret how you think and how your feeling and going through from something as a simple as a heartbeat is an amazing ability, and i like that fact that she doesn't seem to use it to take advantage of others in a bad way.
Old 2012-07-27, 01:54   Link #1575
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She's trying to work for a mafia boss. She's no angel.
Old 2012-07-27, 07:25   Link #1576
whitecloud

well...she's need to do or find something just like kurapika...that's why she work for the mafia boss..im sure of it...since she is also go for the same specific request for york shin city auction
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 14:32   Link #1577
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
well...she's need to do or find something just like kurapika...that's why she work for the mafia boss..im sure of it...since she is also go for the same specific request for york shin city auction
That ability automatically means "not angel", "very dangerous". Besides, she's hiding her classification.
Old 2012-07-27, 15:09   Link #1578
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So? She's, like Kurapika, still someone who will serve a mafia boss if it furthers her own ends.
Old 2012-07-27, 17:08   Link #1579
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So? She's, like Kurapika, still someone who will serve a mafia boss if it furthers her own ends.
She probably is not an angel(for the sake of the show),I don't think anyone in that group wants to "serve"the mafia Boss,but merely use him.They have to blend-in to achieve their goals,that's like calling a police/agent spy who's trying to take down an illegal organization(random example) a bad person since he's technically serving the bad guys.

Although I am sure that some of them are trying to use him for bad things,I don't think that it makes everyone in that group a "devil".
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 18:56   Link #1580
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

HxH consists purely of Grey And Grey morality. I'm not sure whether anyone's angelicness should be a discussion point at all.

Tags
action, shounen