AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-12-07, 06:56   Link #55461
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Killing has its origin from the paucity of resources: To kill is to establish dominance. Who gives the last shot is the one to laugh. A Coupe de Grāce is only a la grāce when your finger are on the trigger.
And so, the act of killing should not be considered an art. "Art" is something that related to honor, altruism, love,... and thus slaughtering could even be "Art"'s antithesis.
But to siphon the verve of an existence is also not a cruel act like a lot put it. It's the first half of the cycle of nature: Destruction-Creation. And as human evolving and revolving, killing grows along with us.
Name: Which Bullet for Which Gun?
Summary: A misguided Cecilia learns the meaning of"Dominance".
... Ok, don't know why the heck am I wring this. Blame SEED.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 07:17   Link #55462
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

^ I`m too late to get on with this. Whatever, I already have skill sets for the cast. I`ll be basing it on RPG class system.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 13:15   Link #55463
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

No you are not, we're pretty much all working independently then randomly tossing out the latest cool idea to come to mind.
Old 2014-12-07, 15:27   Link #55464
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... thinking of D.Gray-Man and IS again...

The Phantom of the Millenium (Tabane) is creating 'Akuma' by fusing 'Dark Matter' Cores with humans who begin to curse their fate. With her Dark Matter Cores and army of Akuma, she has effectively declared war on the world and all its inhabitants.
ISA exists to oppose her.

I like this because it puts Tabane and Chifuyu wholly at odds with each other. That and if you know enough of the story of D.Gray-Man, the character dynamics that center around Allen in the original can make for some even more interesting twists because people will expect certain events to play out the same.
Not sure on what to do with Lenalee - I want to keep her actually, or I shall switch her for Charles and just give the Charl some pigtails. Maybe I'll make Houki = Kanda, just to spite her. XDD Ichika with white hair, that might rev some engines with some people. And of course, Chifuyu will take the badass apparent part of General Maian Cross.
Hnn, also the need for males is also apparent as well.

...for being such a tech-y show, I work easier when things are made supernatural/magical. It's a wonder I haven't dived into the Naruverse yet.
Old 2014-12-07, 19:13   Link #55465
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Okay going back on that middle school reunion idea:

Quote:
"Sing! Sing! Sing!" the crowd energetically cheered.

"Why do we have to do this, Dan?" Ichika asked with a deep sigh.

"Just play along, man. Besides, you did sing for our little band before."

"But it was supposed to be a secret! I'm never that good at this, you know?"

"But our 'fans' says otherwise..." Dan grinned.

"Okay, okay. I'll do it."

"Don't worry, buddy. Remember that song we wrote back then?"

"Oh. I remembered that... wait! Don't tell me-"

"Oh yes, Ichika. We'll be doing it right... NOW!"

As if on cue, Dan began playing his guitar, to a familiar tune Ichika knew, followed by the drums.

'Those memories are coming back to me again' Ichika smiled inwardly, as he grabbed the microphone.

"Okay, let's do this."

Ichika took one final breath before he started to sing.

Ameagari Break Cloud
sukima-kara

Aozora ga te maneki shiteru

Alright sorosoro ikou ka

Dare ka ga iu Logic
shinji nai

Chokkan wa shinjite itai

High Time hajimari wo
sagashite

Fire Up, Ignition

Heavy-na Pressure
bukkowashite

Accel fumikome

Surprise! sekai-chu ga
Drive (It's faster than ever)

Feelin’ High mezameru
you na (Drivin' Show me)

Hajimaru unmei ni wa
(keep chasin' forever)

Back Gear wa nai...

All we need is DRIVE!!!
Old 2014-12-07, 21:37   Link #55466
demino_hellsin
That one guy

With Japan's RFI(Reverse Flow Initiative), IS frame technology was beginning to be re-engineered for conventional fighters, starting with the creation of the Shinden II and its sister project the Reppuu II. At the forefront of this are the twin sister test pilots Kei Nagase and Reiko Nagase. Kei Nagase, an outstanding pilot who had just freshly earned her wings as a flight captain. She has an outstanding service record and goes by the call sign Edge due to her distinct precision flying style that straddles the line between by the book and reckless. Reiko Nagase, her twin sister is the opposite. Still a lieutenant, Reiko was only placed as an officer because of her indispensable skills. Unlike Kei, Reiko flies with sheer abandon for her own safety. Capable of matching the sharpness of Kei's maneuvers but completely ditching them for the sake of speed even if it means damaging her craft. Mechanics hate Reiko for it but she has never brought back a bird that couldn't be fixed with a coat of fresh paint, a hammer and a few wrenches. She was actually an illegal street racer in her youth, but that's a past she's kept at arms length for the time being. Her callsign is Race Queen.

Unbeknownst to Japan, they're not the only ones disillusioned with the chances of obtaining more IS cores. America has partially surrendered on this right as well. Though the senate and congress have all agreed to continue the development of the IS projects, the pentagon began to funnel its funds into a more exotic experiment. 7 years ago, on the anniversary of the White Knight Incident, a man made contact with American officials. He claimed to be able to help make machines that can match, maybe even exceed the IS. The man was a defector from Japan, his name, Hideki Kojima. In the short year that he was accepted and given meager research grants by the american government, Kojima created a new kind of particle, one that accelerated engine output when used as propellant, created selective shielding against kinetic weaponry, and could even be weaponized by exciting them into clusters of beams far more destructive than any optical weapon ever made. Half-a-decade would pass before the final plans for the final application for this technology would be chartered and his reason for defecting would be known. When asked what the machine's name would be, he smiled and told them that these machines would be known as the NEXTs because the Japanese government had taken not even a glance and his research and put it under second priority. IN the next four years, 5 prototype NEXTs would be ready to roll out.

Europe was not idle either, though it is only the coalition of Russia and Germany that began a joint venture outside investments in the IS. To be precise, the corporate sectors of these countries came together to create a war time product that would help them reach an edge should an escalated war ever come into play. All countries knew well that even if ISA was an independent island nation, the majority of its students and staff were Japanese. There would be no question to whom a good 50% or so of the 467 IS would align to. The official governments completely supported IS development. In the current political environment, IS were considered military deterrents and gave world leaders who had one or more under command, significant political clout that's why they never approved of assisting efforts in creating alternative counter measures to IS except other IS. The private military industrial complex had other things in mind. Casper Cohen, son of the late and great Simon Cohen that created project NEMO, developed the AAAP( Advanced Automated Aviation Plant ). It is a machine that not only recreates currently existing plane schematics perfectly with 99.98% reliability in products but does so with less than 5% of the required man-power and labor of the past as well as in less than a tenth of the time required in classic methodology. What makes the AAAP so indispensable is its ability to analyze and breakdown every craft to reverse engineer and recreate. This becomes instrumental in the coalition of the German based Grunder Industries and Russian based Werner-Noah Limited. Despite not completely breaking it down, the AAAP was able to isolate and recreate some technological functions of the IS which were then taken to be applied to prototype fighters. Every one of them shares the same avionics and powerplant design as the IS, giving them unmatched electronic warfare capability and operational range compared to any other fighter. But due to the constraints of technology used to achieve similar results to these functions, the bulk of the equipment makes uniting all other functions as impossible as making the core itself. Thus 3 prototypes were made: The Prometheus which features PIC and optical weaponry lifted from IS core tech and British research. Pandora is an assault craft that carries equalizer technology and therefore has a near unlimited ordinance. Last is the prototype Pallas Athena, which inherits the shield and Absolute defense technology of the IS.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 00:59   Link #55467
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
New story, OC play less important roles... spotlight will be on the canon cast.

Spoiler for New story:

Typing out the first two chapter out.....

I admit, first chapter is short, brief introduction of the members of the Golden Gears and a taste of what they can do.

Summary: (extremely short due to the character limit of fanfiction.net)
New term of school marks new beginning, new trouble, new rivals and new enemies.
I like to ask you something. Is giving Ichika the most unusual rival is a good idea? A ruthless, heartless(jerkish) kind of rival. Ichika's opposite in many ways. (ex: like Paul is to Ash on Pokemon and Christopher is to Mikey on Digimon Fusion).

Edit: I just thought that giving Ichika a real male rival would give him the big boost to his manhood,determination to become a much better IS Pilot/ than before in order to defeat that guy,losing his denseness as he becoming smarter,maturing himself,etc. You know,giving Ichi-boy a character maturity development,stuff like that.

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2014-12-08 at 22:57.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 01:35   Link #55468
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

What say you to this set of effects for an off-world origin virus:

Nxyium Virus:
- "Awakens" the host, making them prone to impulsive acts/berserk. Affects all forms of intelligence, biological and non-biological alike(AI Systems).
- Provides a plane for all affected hosts to communicate their thoughts. Provided they are in the same dimension.
- Causes ember rings to form in human eyes/causes "infected" mechanical sensors to give off an ember glow.
- Damaging Nyxium matter directly causes all hosts within a certain range to feel sudden sharp pains.
Old 2014-12-08, 01:47   Link #55469
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Are you rehashing extremis? Also, why would they have these effects? Awaken to what? Why would they have their own communication network/hivemind? Why would they suddenly get all dark then glowy highlighted? Why do they feel pain?
Old 2014-12-08, 02:05   Link #55470
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Pretty much rehashing Extremis, yes. Basically Nyxium matter is a symbiotic organism that thrives in presence of power/living tissue. They are of off-world origins that no one has any idea off.

But it is known to be responsible for causing chaos in an alternate Athena-verse dimension, where suppressed feelings are impulsively released. So you have your "Man vs Woman", "IS vs Non-IS" scenarios occuring in said dimension.

It was from there that the conclusion is drawn that Nyxium matter(or virus) causes people to act on impulse which usually leads to berserking.

Everything else like the mental plane and glowing side effects are handwaved.
Old 2014-12-08, 02:17   Link #55471
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think it was better without any form of explanation and as an outright ass pull instead.
Old 2014-12-08, 02:31   Link #55472
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

So I'll just dive into the virus being named and showing side effects without explaining? I'd do that but I thought I could at least form an overlaying arc with it to bridge Athena's first and second arcs together.
Old 2014-12-08, 03:10   Link #55473
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

^ Make the virus effect for fanservice. Make it like gives pleasure *insert perverted grin here*
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 03:28   Link #55474
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I like Strato's idea, TBH. No one ever tried that before.
Old 2014-12-08, 03:59   Link #55475
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Thing is, we used to have an attempt at an intra-forum story with our female characters infected by something called the "Yandere Virus" where the females start chasing their loved ones about all around the Academy, leaving nothing but love(a.k.a destruction) in their wake.

But it's like an old dusty book on a shelf I just happened to pass by and saw it. Then I started making up another set of ideas with that as reference. Just happens that I see the virus idea as one of the reasonable ways to initiate the IS vs Non-IS scenarios that most early OC fics had.

Another thing, Athena is about venturing to space... why not have some otherwordly problems take its course alongside normal world issues?
Old 2014-12-08, 16:37   Link #55476
coco6561

Can anyone help me write how to describe how Madoka looks and dresses?

She may/may not be in my next chapter.
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 17:43   Link #55477
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...Not sure what you mean. I provided pictures of her earlier - are you just wanting a written description of Madoka and what types of clothes she'd wear/is wearing?

...and I've been inspired (momentarily) for 'Drabbles': Madoka's and Chifuyu's fantasies for the World Purge event.
Old 2014-12-08, 17:54   Link #55478
coco6561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...Not sure what you mean. I provided pictures of her earlier - are you just wanting a written description of Madoka and what types of clothes she'd wear/is wearing?

...and I've been inspired (momentarily) for 'Drabbles': Madoka's and Chifuyu's fantasies for the World Purge event.
A written description of what she wears and how she looks. I'm having a bit of trouble writing that out.

The scene would be Madoka stepping out of an elevator
Old 2014-12-08, 18:12   Link #55479
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, we can try to put her in different clothes. I won't call them straps, more like bindings, but I think that she'd like dresses with some sort of frill to them. Either that or that's what CloudSquall buys her. The call of 'high fashion' and everything. Look up some crazy, dark colored, runway fashion and she could wear that.

As for physical characteristics... First thing's first, which Madoka do you prefer visually? CHOCO's or Okiura's?
Old 2014-12-08, 18:15   Link #55480
coco6561

Whichever one looks more like Chifuyu. Is there much of a difference between the two?

Last edited by coco6561; 2014-12-08 at 18:40.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest