Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-02-19, 21:07   Link #11081
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black~Destiny View Post
How much did Seiya cost? I've seen that one in my hobby shop, and wanted it, but was too expensive at that time.
Mine is the Latin version that is distributed by DTM through all Latin America so it was cheaper than the version that is distributed from Japan and Hong Kong. I spent 680 Mexican Pesos on that Pegasus God Cloth, which is about 45 dollars on that figure. A real bargain for what you get.
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 22:34   Link #11082
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWeapon View Post
Oh ok, so its not fixed in terms of size.
Should be noted that the Gelgoog, Exia and RX-78 shown in that image are of the MSIA's, and not Robot Damashii's (since there are no RD's of said models).

In terms of size, the Robot Damashii's are halfway between a HG 1/144 and the HCM-Pro's: They're smaller than the former, but larger than the latter.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 22:59   Link #11083
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
i was checking out the prices for the toys and they are expesive for being so small! and a lot of the HG models cost less and look better.
Old 2009-02-19, 23:21   Link #11084
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Considering the price of auxilliary material (paints, brushes, containers, tapes etc...) and the labor required, I'd say that price-wise, they're just about the same. You're basically just paying for labor cost in regards to the RD and HCM-Pro figures, for people who don't like to work to make a model look good.

With a little work though, a HG model will always look leagues better than a RD or HCM-Pro IMHO.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 01:33   Link #11085
GNWeapon
On Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Well the Damashii line is gonna have something called "Scale Unity". All the Bandai CEO said about it was that mobile suits will be accurately sized to each other in that specific line.

Example being the 00 and the Ahead. The 00 Gundam is 18 meters, and the Ahead is 20. In figure terms, the Ahead is about an inch maybe 2 taller than the 00.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Should be noted that the Gelgoog, Exia and RX-78 shown in that image are of the MSIA's, and not Robot Damashii's (since there are no RD's of said models).

In terms of size, the Robot Damashii's are halfway between a HG 1/144 and the HCM-Pro's: They're smaller than the former, but larger than the latter.
All right, I get the picture now.

Thanks fellows!
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 03:14   Link #11086
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Also, imo the MSIA often have that cartoony effect that is hard to get in the HG models, especially in the Zeon units. Just take a look at the hands of that Gelgoog! The only non-MSIA I've seen this in is the ver 2 gundam MGs. I don't know if this is true or not with Robot Damashii, but I don't think this is true to the HCM-Pro. HCM Pros looks more like a mini HG than anything.

I also don't like the move that the MGs are going towards... They used to really be a separate line from the HGs in terms of looks, but now they are usually the same proportion and looks as their HG counterpart, just with way more detail and build quality. I still remember my disappointment when the Zeta ver 2 pics came out. Perhaps this is what is desired by the market, but I certainly long for the day that they remake the Hi-Nu so that it's more true to the novel. Perhaps as a separate line?

Last edited by Subarunyon; 2009-02-20 at 03:24.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 05:39   Link #11087
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I for certain like the MG line's direction... Especially as far as SEED kits are considered, models such as Force Impulse and Infinite Justice are of definitelly higher quality and better proportions than their 1/100 HG counterparts.
Old 2009-02-20, 07:16   Link #11088
Kagekyuubi

Need some help here to decide on something. I plan on getting an Rx-78 in the future and I was wondering which MG version I should get. I was thinking of either the 2.0 or the ver. Ka. Which one of those two has better details unpainted and without decals? I know the 2.0 can combine a support vehicle but I'd rather have the one that looks better since I'm not really keen on the support vehicle's design. Anyone who has both, could you please tell me your opinions on which of the two is better?
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 07:48   Link #11089
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Inspired by plamoo from youtube,

I made a stop motion of my HG 00...!
Just a little bit of somthing to share: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDLQz4RJSBY
Old 2009-02-20, 07:53   Link #11090
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Inspired by plamoo from youtube,

I made a stop motion of my HG 00...!
Just a little bit of somthing to share: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDLQz4RJSBY
rofl 00 did the hip slice trick XD

Is it just me or is the 1/144 00 identical to the 1/100 apart from the LED GN Drives?

hmm maybe i should do a stop motion with my two flags...
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 08:53   Link #11091
Knight_SV

it seems seraphim in 1/100 seravee will have waist joint..... but make me sad that only him the 2nd season gundam that have waist joint in 1/100 kit. While Seravee itself still waistless
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 09:52   Link #11092
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Whoa,what a nice Green Astray.More SEED kit...yay.

Pics are from Ngee Khiong blogs..
Old 2009-02-20, 09:59   Link #11093
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
I saw that I kinda really want it but I know this sounds stupid but it looks ilke the red version minus red and katana looks like a knock off. maybe when I see the the anime they came out of I might want it more but at least blue astray looks totally different
Old 2009-02-20, 10:47   Link #11094
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
I had a question for those who have either the MG Destiny or the MG Destiny Full Burst Mode.
Which one should I get? I like the Full Burst but I don't like the price. If they can both pose the same then I might just get the regular MG. But I can't find any good reviews online. So which would be better?
Old 2009-02-20, 11:10   Link #11095
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCapcom View Post
I had a question for those who have either the MG Destiny or the MG Destiny Full Burst Mode.
Which one should I get? I like the Full Burst but I don't like the price. If they can both pose the same then I might just get the regular MG. But I can't find any good reviews online. So which would be better?
Well only purchase the Extreme Blast mode, if u want the chrome silver plating, and the W.O.L. effect parts along with the hand beam, and two parts that gimmick throwing beam boomerangs, oh and the etch on decals i think have a metallic look aswell, other then that the actual Destiny Gundam is the same, i dunno i bought the Extreme blast cuz i wanted the effects, its not half bad, even with articulation and stuff the Destiny is a good model kit, although u need to change hands alot
Old 2009-02-20, 12:14   Link #11096
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
I also don't like the move that the MGs are going towards... They used to really be a separate line from the HGs in terms of looks, but now they are usually the same proportion and looks as their HG counterpart, just with way more detail and build quality. I still remember my disappointment when the Zeta ver 2 pics came out. Perhaps this is what is desired by the market, but I certainly long for the day that they remake the Hi-Nu so that it's more true to the novel. Perhaps as a separate line?
How do you know that the MGs are becoming more like the HGs in appearance? How do you know that it's not the HGs becoming more like the MGs, in overall quality? As for the MG Zeta v2, that's way above the HGUC.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 12:20   Link #11097
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia_00 View Post
Well only purchase the Extreme Blast mode, if u want the chrome silver plating, and the W.O.L. effect parts along with the hand beam, and two parts that gimmick throwing beam boomerangs, oh and the etch on decals i think have a metallic look aswell, other then that the actual Destiny Gundam is the same, i dunno i bought the Extreme blast cuz i wanted the effects, its not half bad, even with articulation and stuff the Destiny is a good model kit, although u need to change hands alot
Only thing I want is the W.O.L effects and probally the metallic looking hands. All the other stuff looks stupid to me. If the decals are the same besides the matllic look I don't care about that either.
So with that said I should get the regular MG?
I don't know why Bandai made the SD and 1/144 Kit have the W.O.L on the wings but the NG and MG 1/100's get nothing
Old 2009-02-20, 14:02   Link #11098
RedWing

Some sound effects you might want to use

http://rapidshare.com/files/20046404...d_V21.rar.html
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 15:18   Link #11099
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
How do you know that the MGs are becoming more like the HGs in appearance? How do you know that it's not the HGs becoming more like the MGs, in overall quality? As for the MG Zeta v2, that's way above the HGUC.
I guess it's jut my preference for the bulky rather than sleek for certain mechs. Maybe you're right in that the HGs are going closer to the MG regardles of how the MG line looks. In case of zeta though, MGv2 porportions are way closer to the HG than to the old MG. (The HG was released after the first MG, then MGv2 follows).

Oh and the sleek look does suit some gundams, like the destiny trio + impulse. I just don't think it should be applied on all gundams. Sinanju and Hi-Nu for example, I would like it more if it was more on the bulky side. All in all it's just aesthetics and nitpicking I guess

On the flipside, the upcoming PG astray also looks alot like the No grade 1/100, which is good, but would be interesting if it was like PG strike with all the openings and non conventional armor piece cuts. The HG have a different proportion (more accurate?) but I find the sleek look of the No grade more appealing here. Back then I thought the PG Strike was a rather bold move by Bandai, it looks like that Strike came out of the Astray R manga. Not complaining here though.
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 16:08   Link #11100
Akyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Whoa,what a nice Green Astray.More SEED kit...yay.

Pics are from Ngee Khiong blogs..
Instead of Gerbera Straight...you get some forked thing. (Probably still buy it though....DAMN YOU BANDAI!)

But why can't they release the 5 remaining druggie suits or a CGUE or Murasame....or Stargazer! (Probably reusing moulds again)

Last edited by Akyra; 2009-02-20 at 16:11. Reason: Forgot Chaos was already released....
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy