Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-24, 14:21   Link #161
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
@minty: I thought the real reason for the change was weirdness in Fuuko, Ryuuguu, and disagreement about Tohsaka?
That was listed as a sub-argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Agreed. The profile pictures are going to turn out well this year [Not that they didn't last year.].
So are non-staff members still allowed to work on them?
... Wait, is LC a staff member?

The Yami one amuses me. It looks like she's pointing down since it's difficult to see the fabric she's holding.

Edit:

How strict is this rule?
Non-staff members are allowed to work on profile pictures as well as any other aspect of the site. They just become staff as part of the graphics team, not the main staff themselves, so you do get some credit for working on them.

As for the rule in question, since this is the first year we are implementing this rule, I can't give a definite answer, as it will be up to the staff decision as a whole whether borderline candidates should be allowed in. Personally, my criteria would be that you would have to appear in at least two or three episodes and you have to play a prominent role in the storyline. So candidates like Swimming Club Member C, Kyonko or Miku Hatsune would be out unless we can find a different series that member would represent.

For example, I originally ruled Yukari Hirai out because she didn't do much in Shakugan no Shana other than the 1st episode, but because the Movie took up only a quarter of the story and a handful more Yukari scenes have been added in the movie itself (you know, where she was actually alive), I would instead change her represented series to the movie, which would still be profiled under SnS, occasionally.

Another example would be that Reimu character from Touhou that everyone has been ranting about. Originally, she made just a cameo appearance or two, which wouldn't be enough to let her in, but just recently, there's a series announced that would center around her, so assuming that the series or movie or OVA or whatever is released before we do background check, we would not exclude her, but rather alter her series representation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
And hardly anybody objected with Yukari Hirai. Unless that is somehow outdated, of course.
KholdStare was so mad at me when I made that ruling that I had to rethink about it before deciding whether to stand with my decision or change it. Then I remembered that Shakugan no Shana had a movie out, and given the screentime:overall ratio in that movie, Yukari played a prominent role in the first half, so I reversed that. However, if the movie did not exist, I would stand by my previous decision.

So if you want a more accurate description, I'd say Yukari Hirai assuming the movie did not exist.
Old 2008-12-24, 15:13   Link #162
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
As for the rule in question, since this is the first year we are implementing this rule, I can't give a definite answer, as it will be up to the staff decision as a whole whether borderline candidates should be allowed in. Personally, my criteria would be that you would have to appear in at least two or three episodes and you have to play a prominent role in the storyline. So candidates like Swimming Club Member C, Kyonko or Miku Hatsune would be out unless we can find a different series that member would represent.
Lol, Swimming Club Members.
Well, the person in mind for me, Kokutou Azaka [Kara no Kyoukai], doesn't really play a prominent role nor has significant screentime until the 6th movie [As far as I know, anyway. She could have a role in the 5th.]. I'm going to assume that she's eligible even though the DVD for the 6th movie hasn't released yet.

Hope that this rule doesn't cause a lot of rage regarding subjectivity.
Old 2008-12-24, 15:14   Link #163
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Lol, Swimming Club Members.
Well, the person in mind for me, Kokutou Azaka [Kara no Kyoukai], doesn't really play a prominent role nor has significant screentime until the 6th movie [As far as I know, anyway. She could have a role in the 5th.]. I'm going to assume that she's eligible even though the DVD for the 6th movie hasn't released yet.

Hope that this rule doesn't cause a lot of rage regarding subjectivity.
Well, we're going to do this on a case by case basis, and we're going to start with whoever's #1 in the nominations and go all the way down to 32-ish, so chances are we won't run across someone who doesn't fit the screentime rule.
Old 2008-12-24, 15:32   Link #164
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Are you using the same profile picture template as last year?

Edit: Ah, looks like it.
Edit 2: And it seems I don't have the template anymore, and it isn't on Mediafire anymore. Can someone upload it?
Old 2008-12-24, 16:35   Link #165
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

ahaha oops ~_~

OceanBlue I am not a staff member xD, Qtip is the one that did all the work on those pictures, when he mentioned my name he simply ment i was the one who picked the 8 people he was showing off/previewing :P

the most i've done is help find new pictures or better pictures for a few girls thats about it xD

Also the Yami picture is kinda funny if you have seen the entire picture >_> <_<
anyone who has seen the full picture knows what i'm talking about
Old 2008-12-24, 16:39   Link #166
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

... Oh. Lol.
Well, nice job Qtip.
Old 2008-12-24, 17:44   Link #167
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
The pic of Fate is obviously the best in all of those. The rest are nice, though. :v

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2008-12-24, 23:56   Link #168
chaosprophet

Wow! All the profile pictures you posted are great but liked more the Shana, Horo, Nanoha and Yami ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
Also the Yami picture is kinda funny if you have seen the entire picture >_> <_<
anyone who has seen the full picture knows what i'm talking about
I haven't seen the full picture but it seems to be a colored version of a certain scene in the manga. In that case I agree that is quite funny.

The changes they made to Yukari Hirai in the anime and even more in the movie were good. She is an interesting character and it helps to show the impact of being a torch.
Old 2008-12-25, 00:19   Link #169
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Wow! All the profile pictures you posted are great but liked more the Shana, Horo, Nanoha and Yami ones.

I haven't seen the full picture but it seems to be a colored version of a certain scene in the manga. In that case I agree that is quite funny.

The changes they made to Yukari Hirai in the anime and even more in the movie were good. She is an interesting character and it helps to show the impact of being a torch.
I concur about Hirai Yukari. There exist a good reason why she was able to make it to top 32 in Best Moe 2006.
Old 2008-12-25, 00:54   Link #170
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I cann't believe Hirai Yukari make it to top 32.It should be Kazumi,Hecate,Wilhelmina
or Pheles.(Most of Shana Fan never care for sub-characters like Clannad or Lucky Star.lP)
Old 2008-12-25, 01:54   Link #171
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I already told minty that Yukari is crucial to the plot of SnS, even without the movie, but she won't understand that. I completely agree with what chaosprophet said.

Spoiler for Yukari Hirai:

She's not even close to being a side character and I still haven't forgiven minty for that.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:01   Link #172
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
I already told minty that Yukari is crucial to the plot of SnS, even without the movie, but she won't understand that. I completely agree with what chaosprophet said.

Spoiler for Yukari Hirai:

She's not even close to being a side character and I still haven't forgiven minty for that.
Have you seen my criteria? It's not enough to be a VERY crucial plot to the story if you aren't even in a third episode to begin with, so we would still have this argument had the movie not existed all the way to nominations. Although, I am half sure she's not going to make it in the nomination phase anyway, so I guess we may as well drop it for now...

Then again, I'm pretty sure my 10-point nomination won't make it either. Hence why I'm leaving her at 10.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:09   Link #173
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Well then, your criteria are flawed. She might only appear for a few episodes, but she had significant screen time in the episodes she appeared in. With the drama that was going on, it was almost like a Yukari arc if Shakugan no Shana were a visual novel adaptation.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:21   Link #174
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Well then, your criteria are flawed. She might only appear for a few episodes, but she had significant screen time in the episodes she appeared in. With the drama that was going on, it was almost like a Yukari arc if Shakugan no Shana were a visual novel adaptation.
Well, either way, she's in because of the movie, and her representation will still be (SnS), so it's rather pointless to continue this discussion. Let's just say "I'll concede" if it makes you happier. Just be sure that I will be as ruthless as possible when we do background check on the new candidates, but I won't necessarily have the final word. How about that?
Old 2008-12-25, 02:23   Link #175
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Actually you're right. Since Yukari won't get in anyways our argument is more useless than Psieye's moe essays. I just hope you will include "minor" characters like Mei Sunohara.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:38   Link #176
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

mei appeared a fairly good number of times and was a main character for an entire arc in after story so i dont see why she wouldn't make it at all lol
Old 2008-12-25, 03:14   Link #177
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

So after much consideration, here's whom I would nominate right now. I'm not sure how much will change later:

10: Makoto Sawatari
8: Vita
6: Misuzu Kamio
5: Shiori Misaka
4: Mikoto Misaka
3: Haruka Nogizaka
2: Ryou Fujibayashi
1: Mei Sunohara

Reasoning: Makoto would do better in the regular season than Vita, and no one cares about Caro anyways.
Old 2008-12-25, 07:28   Link #178
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory Area View Post
I cann't believe Hirai Yukari make it to top 32.It should be Kazumi,Hecate,Wilhelmina
or Pheles.(Most of Shana Fan never care for sub-characters like Clannad or Lucky Star.lP)
I see what you did there
Old 2008-12-25, 07:39   Link #179
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I see what you did there
I never vote her in Best Moe but I voted her in Super Moe cuz there
were a lot of dudes in that group.(however she can not go through)
Old 2008-12-25, 14:16   Link #180
chaosprophet

Something I was curious about Index characters regarding nomination.

Spoiler for latest episodes of Index:
Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe