AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 95 49.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 26.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 11.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.07%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-29, 20:04   Link #121
Crontica

Beatrice Has Trolled You All!

The lack of BGM music was irritating, still this episode was all kinds of awesome! Battler is now reliving Kyon's nightmare. Beatrice sure as heck dropped some jaws this episode. Lamberdia appears to be the mastermind to the chaos Higurashi Deja vu anyone? It looks like broken time shards have started to move, Berntaskel seems to be playing Hanyuu's role this time. Ange's Entrance was epic!
Old 2009-10-29, 20:06   Link #122
Chadauw

It seems to be sure she killed Battler.

And she's very suspect for some crime (Rosa and Maria...)

But the first twilight?

Not forgetting that Eva did not kill Nanjo, nor was she involved!
Old 2009-10-29, 20:26   Link #123
KoiYuki

Though I know about a lot of things from the VN, I never actually read it, so here's a mini review coming from an anime-watcher. :P
Spoiler:

I'll just give it a 10/10.. ;D
Old 2009-10-29, 20:27   Link #124
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Hm, quite the plot twist this episode was. So Beato never had a change of heart at all huh? T'was all a farce, and not to mention Virgilia was in on it all too. I'm just glad Evatrice got what was coming to her though. God what a bitch of a witch.

Ange seems like your typical "female badass" character, I thought this series was lacking one.~

And Bernkastel's actions just further accelerated my hypothesis on her existance. *nod nod*
Old 2009-10-29, 20:44   Link #125
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
It's up to you. You will never have the confirmation of someone being the culprit, that is what Ryukishi said from the begining.
I'm not sure if that's the kind of statement that's supposed to be taken literally as opposed to merely being in the spirit of the game, which is still far from over, so I would take it with a grain of salt until this story finally ends, but nevertheless...there are definitely more clues (and red herrings) further down the road.

And I think this was a great episode that lived up to the essentials of the VN, despite cutting some details here and there. It didn't deliver the same amount of emotional impact, but it still came close enough by the anime's current standards. I can only hope that the last arc of this season will be even better, but we'll see.
Old 2009-10-29, 20:49   Link #126
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
this episode was confusing so what exactly happened?
Beato said something and everyone disappear. Did she say that Battler surrender instead of saying witches doesn't exist? Who is this Ange person O.o
Old 2009-10-29, 20:59   Link #127
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
this episode was confusing so what exactly happened?
Beato said something and everyone disappear. Did she say that Battler surrender instead of saying witches doesn't exist? Who is this Ange person O.o
I think the scene with Eva-Beatrice and everyone else in the Meta-World disappearing was part of Beato's strategy to trick Battler but it seems she pretty much denied witches in red (or pretended to, I guess?), causing all of the magic beings in the room to stop existing there and they ended up in the "Golden Land" in the next scene, if I'm not mistaken.

Ange was stated to be Battler's younger sister last episode.
Old 2009-10-29, 21:17   Link #128
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
Ange was stated to be Battler's younger sister last episode.
oh I remember that part now = =;;
Old 2009-10-29, 21:26   Link #129
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

She didn't deny witches, if she did, everyone would have disappeared instantly... for good.

Quote:
It's up to you. You will never have the confirmation of someone being the culprit, that is what Ryukishi said from the begining.
Ryukishi never said that a culprit will never be revealed, he said that he won't do that in the the first answer arcs like he did with Higurashi.

Old 2009-10-29, 21:37   Link #130
~Ayane~

this episode killed me...

omg.... i cant count how much epicness was placed in this

i need sleep now

Quote:
Ryukishi never said that a culprit will never be revealed, he said that he won't do that in the the first answer arcs like he did with Higurashi.
like he did in Higurashi? culprit was revealed at the end of seventh answer arc, wasnt it? you call it soon? -_O
Old 2009-10-29, 21:43   Link #131
Agent of Death

That was shocking..
Can't believe it was all an act
Old 2009-10-29, 21:57   Link #132
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
this episode killed me...

omg.... i cant count how much epicness was placed in this

i need sleep now

like he did in Higurashi? culprit was revealed at the end of seventh answer arc, wasnt it? you call it soon? -_O
Spoiler for Higurashi major spoilers:
Old 2009-10-29, 22:03   Link #133
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskbreaker View Post
Still, i can't help but think that it may have not been a complete act on Beato's part. That very brief teary-eyed moment before she let the cat out of the bag, coupled with Lambdadelta's "keep playing or else!" threat toward Beato makes it look like there's much more to it than it seems.
That's how I've always felt as well. After that troll in the VN, I wanted so bad to go back to hating Beato, but I just couldn't...because I can't believe that all of that was fake somehow. Beato seemed genuinely upset when Battler first told her to get lost, before Virgillia presents the idea of the North Wind and the Sun to her (though if I recall correctly she mentioned it a little sooner in the VN, so the Anime would give further 'evidence' of a truly nice Beato before she gets that idea). I think Beatrice really has a deeper reason for pulling Battler into this game with her than simply 'to be acknowledged as a witch', or because she's a pawn in Lambda's own game. I think that Beatrice really did learn something about being a good witch during that time, but she found an opportunity at the end to play it up to her advantage after taking out that pesky Eva-B.

I don't think the whole thing was planned from the time of her fight with Virgillia, though. Then again, it's awfully hard to pinpoint timeframes for this sort of thing on the anti-fantasy side; I believe in the witches and everything that goes on in the Meta-World, but judging Beato's 'good' actions without being able to consider her George/Shannon and Jessica/Kanon involvement is somewhat difficult. The Magic Fight with Virgillia is the same thing, really - if it never actually happened, then for all we know the two were planning something from the get-go and it was all staged, but somehow I just don't see that. I think Beato got the idea for her North Wind and the Sun Strategy exactly where we saw her get it, and that everything we saw before that was at least somewhat genuine. Virgillia however...she's really hard to judge. It would make more sense for her to help Battler all along and get him to trust her if it was all pre-planned from the beginning, but still...augh, it's all so confusing. Any time I try to overthink things in this series I just fry my brain ^^;

I don't believe Eva being the culprit either, though. I can see her going gold-crazy and killing at least Rosa and Maria, possibly everyone else, but if she did I think George and Hideyoshi would have to either be in on it or at least spared without knowing what was going on. Eva can be a bitch, but you can tell how deep her love for Hideyoshi is, and her devotion to George. She wouldn't (at least willingly) kill them. And even aside from that, the arc is set up way too easily to point to Eva as the culprit. If it were true, then that would just be lame. Kinda like how Rosa is insanely suspicious in EP2, but I don't think she's involved in the murders just because it would be way too easy to pin it on her. Umineko is just too much of a mindfuck for the 'easy' suspect to be the one.
Old 2009-10-29, 22:32   Link #134
CCLemon

Some things I don't understand about the Umineko-universe...

1. So Ange pops in from the third game's universe to assist Battler in solving the fourth game. With Umineko taking place in a multiverse with very thin walls, why aren't we seeing thousands of Beatrices and Battlers running around?

2. Meta-Battler is the first iteration's Battler after he died and went to purgatorio, correct? Where do all the other Battlers go (and for that matter, all the other Ushiromiyas) go to when they die, then?
Old 2009-10-29, 22:36   Link #135
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Very good ep!

Battler's Magic Resistance
Spoiler for size:
OMG! Is over 9000000!!
Old 2009-10-29, 22:42   Link #136
Isekaijin

Loved Ange.

But they skipped a lot of my favorite parts.
Old 2009-10-29, 23:20   Link #137
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

This episode was able to amuse me in so many different ways, I think this may have been one of the best episodes of Umineko up to date! I seriously thought that those long conversations in the vn being shortened in the anime wasn't that bad but some good parts got cut off and it felt like it was lacking. Maybe it's just me.

Still, it was an awesome episode filled with different emotions, I should say. And.. ANGE!!!!111oneone XD She's kickass awesome, can't wait to see more of her in EP4! All in all, I think EP3 is simply genius DEEN just made it look ughhh in someways. All I get annoyed about is the crappeh animation :/

Giving this ep. a 10~
Old 2009-10-29, 23:44   Link #138
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

what
the
*BLEEP*

what a troll, though i find it hard to believe that it was ALL an act. Deep down i'm still rooting for beato x battler :P

edit:
My gawd, that was such an epic episode, im glad i didn't get spoiled! Man that was shocking. I was smiling the whole time (with joy) when i saw how lovey dovey the two seemed...and -WHAM- it hit me when it said "to acknowledge as witches...and i was like what...da...fock
Old 2009-10-29, 23:55   Link #139
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
She didn't deny witches, if she did, everyone would have disappeared instantly... for good.
I'm taking a guess that she said something else that would render Eva-Beatrice's gold-finding as incomplete or something.

I can't wait to see the next episode's opening. At least the portrait, I mean. I kinda hope it's not the one with all those characters on it though..
Old 2009-10-29, 23:57   Link #140
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLemon View Post
Some things I don't understand about the Umineko-universe...

1. So Ange pops in from the third game's universe to assist Battler in solving the fourth game. With Umineko taking place in a multiverse with very thin walls, why aren't we seeing thousands of Beatrices and Battlers running around?

2. Meta-Battler is the first iteration's Battler after he died and went to purgatorio, correct? Where do all the other Battlers go (and for that matter, all the other Ushiromiyas) go to when they die, then?
1. Only certain witches can make people's spirits travel ot the meta world, so bernkastel took ange from the third Episode's future to themetaworld. It's also tought that beatrice is an inferior withc to 34, so 34 is helping out beatrice (lending her powers) so they can check more worlds.

2. htye just die, just like rika, someone is just pulling battler's memories to meta batler, that is why batler is the only trustworthy narrator, since it's pointless to act scenes for metabatler that piece-batler is witnessing as his memories will fuse wit metabatler after the game is over and any lies will get uncovered anyway.
Closed Thread