AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-14, 21:37   Link #1021
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Spoiler for ep6:

Spoiler for space and personal opinions:
I agree with the mecha part for IS. for zombie, I'm in for the fantasy bg and story behind Eu.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 22:31   Link #1022
Silverwyrm

Spoiler for uh...:
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 22:41   Link #1023
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I just can't fathom why Infinite Stratos is so much popular than show. Korezom beats it in every.single.aspect. The only thing IS' got going for it is Hanazawa Kana's character and the decent CGI.
When you have a cliche for each viewer, what you end up with is a popular product. Not necessarily a good one, but a popular one. That's it, basically. KoreZom is usually a mockery of those very cliches that have such wide appeal.

It definitely isn't the service because what IS has in quantity KoreZom kills in quality, both mature and moe, the only real contender in the latter category being HanaKana's cute French reverse trap, whose novelty will definitely wear off soon (sadly).
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 22:41   Link #1024
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Spoiler for uh...:
Spoiler for Ep 6:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-02-14 at 23:23.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 23:02   Link #1025
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
When you have a cliche for each viewer, what you end up with is a popular product. Not necessarily a good one, but a popular one. That's it, basically. KoreZom is usually a mockery of those very cliches that have such wide appeal.

It definitely isn't the service because what IS has in quantity KoreZom kills in quality, both mature and moe, the only real contender in the latter category being HanaKana's cute French reverse trap, whose novelty will definitely wear off soon (sadly).
To me, Zombie is like Seitokai no Ichizon, both are underrated animes, (and the gems compared to the rest of DEEN's coalmine. )
Both are very good anime.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 23:22   Link #1026
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The nuns on "Index" already pulled that stunt with puncturing their own eardrums to defeat a voice attack, but other than that it was a very solid episode... I'll say this much - Yuu looked a lot better in the Mahou Shoujo costume than Ayumu does.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 23:30   Link #1027
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'll say this much - Yuu looked a lot better in the Mahou Shoujo costume than Ayumu does.
That goes without saying no?

The outfit is the only thing preventing Ayumu from being classified as GAR. Dude's pretty badass when he wants to be and can fight like a monster, but yeesh.
Old 2011-02-14, 23:37   Link #1028
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for Ep 6:
Spoiler for Ep6:
Old 2011-02-14, 23:51   Link #1029
Sixth
Hu Tao

The only bad thing about the episode 6 is....Kyoko got away after all the trouble Ayumu went through.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 23:55   Link #1030
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I just can't fathom why Infinite Stratos is so much popular than show. Korezom beats it in every.single.aspect.
Because... The girls are cute in IS. That's pretty much it. You see, the sad thing is that a "good" or "interesting" anime doesn't necessarily become popular. An anime could be empty and just "Hey look, cute girls" or "Hey, fanservice" and be more popular...
As for this anime... To be honest, it is average at best. There are lots of average anime this season (Because, it is Winter, month-meaning and weather-meaning), and this doesn't stand out at all.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 23:57   Link #1031
MartianMage

Just finished the latest episode. Definitely a lot better than the previous episodes although TBH I was a bit disappointed because Yuu lost. I mean... for all that talk how powerful she is(and she is) she still managed to lose like a scrub. <_<
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 00:00   Link #1032
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because... The girls are cute in IS. That's pretty much it. You see, the sad thing is that a "good" or "interesting" anime doesn't necessarily become popular. An anime could be empty and just "Hey look, cute girls" or "Hey, fanservice" and be more popular...
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 00:08   Link #1033
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for Ep 6:
If there is a RPG game for this anime, I'd imagine the battle system to be either like Valkyrie Profile or Ar Tonelico 2 where Ayumu and Sera are the frontline fighters while Haruna and Yuu are good for defense as both of them can cast barrier and should just stay at the back.

I have imagine their PWS skills already.
Old 2011-02-15, 00:20   Link #1034
Manic
real men love pink

IS is pretty terrible, the main character and most of the girls cept fang and charles are annoying and irritating. The plot is pretty horrible, not even sure there is one at this point. The only reason i watch is its a time filler on what is usually a boring day.

I find DC, zombie, and merry to be above the rest of the winter shows. Fractale is insteresting but its one of those shows i need to see the ending before i compare it to other shows.
Old 2011-02-15, 02:04   Link #1035
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwc View Post
If there is a RPG game for this anime, I'd imagine the battle system to be either like Valkyrie Profile or Ar Tonelico 2 where Ayumu and Sera are the frontline fighters while Haruna and Yuu are good for defense as both of them can cast barrier and should just stay at the back.

I have imagine their PWS skills already.
Well if Haruna could ever recover her magic she can be a front line fighter. But certainly Eu is handy for defensive purposes. Her word magic is a bit too dangerous for team formations .
Old 2011-02-15, 02:11   Link #1036
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

This show is great! I had totally written it off because of some lousy title, but I'm glad I started watching it anyway!
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 02:29   Link #1037
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
As for this anime... To be honest, it is average at best. There are lots of average anime this season (Because, it is Winter, month-meaning and weather-meaning), and this doesn't stand out at all.
Quoted for truth, especially the part I put in bold.
Old 2011-02-15, 02:46   Link #1038
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Heh, Strike Witches got a better 'story' than IS. Honestly only in it for the girls, that's my mindset before it aired and it never changed unfortunately (absolutely no plot to brag about).

Back on topic, I wonder if Yuu can use offensive spells besides her words of doom?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 03:44   Link #1039
Nvis
Where are the good animes

*Places an inpenetratable shield around Kyoko*

Viewing is fine, but cannot touch(aka. MINE!).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 04:02   Link #1040
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

One big problem is this
How many lives is a masuo shojo worth?
According to dai-sensei, if kyoko was destroyed then she would have to kill ayumu. Then who would she have to kill for the deaths for those caused by the serial murderer? Or is kyoko worth so much more than a puny normal human?
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen