AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 68 43.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 41.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-08, 22:04   Link #61
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Really fun episode, and here we do indeed get to see some fantastic animation (particularly during the final Assassin scene).

At a personal enjoyment level, I'm glad that this anime has given me a pairing that I'm going to root for (Waver/Rider) and a pairing that I'm probably going to find fun to love-to-hate (the Blue Beard pairing).

Saber looks as beautiful as ever, and I enjoyed her dialogue in this episode.

Rider's personality is particularly appealing to me though, the gregarious and hearty conqueror. A nice compliment to Waver, and their scenes were exceptionally well-done in my view.

Not sure how I feel about Assassin already being killed (if he is in fact killed), although I have to admit it made for an outstanding cliffhanger moment and a great badass scene for Gil.
Old 2011-10-08, 22:18   Link #62
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Personally, I doubt that Assassin is actually dead this early. His presence is quite telling in the OP/ED and Kotomine and Toshaka are supposed to be "secret" allies afterall.

My guess is he sent Assassin in to fake death so he would go under the radar, and his servant now has free reign to gather info and do what he does best, assassinate.
Old 2011-10-08, 22:18   Link #63
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Nice episode. The whole Caster scene is really gruesome and disturbing but it really suits his and his master's personality. Rider and Waver's scene is really funny because instead of a master/servant relationship, it was more like "best buddy" or something. Funny how Rider mention about his land and kingdom. Doesn't he realized that he's in a completely different time? Little Ilya was adorable (enough said ). The Assassin scene is my favorite part. I mean he's like a ninja the way he move and he uses pebbles -- how cool was that? That beats using throwing knives .
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 22:19   Link #64
HandofFate

probably a detail most saw during the Caster scene.

Spoiler for T_T:
Old 2011-10-08, 22:36   Link #65
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Also as weird as that it sounds, it looks like they reduced Saber's chest size compared to other iterations of her in say FSN (anime).
Matches her look in the game and how it's described in text/words. She's supposed to be small enough to easily be mistaken as a man, after all.

And yeah, not much more to say that hasn't been said. Loved the episode. Saw Caster's "raise hope to bring the greatest despair" thing coming, but it was still quite cruel.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 22:38   Link #66
DreXav
Amused one.

This episode is simply superb. Can't wait for the mighty OST.. except OP and ED. I find both unpleasant to ear. I wish they have swapped those flukes for some epicness a'la Kara no Kyōkai.

Kirei's using Hassan as an expendable diversion right off the bat? I hope Tokiomi won't perish the very next episode.. ;<
Old 2011-10-08, 22:41   Link #67
Lostdreams

I <3 this anime. Only one of the few animes out there I can stand to watch. Unlike FSN, Fate Zero is darker and more realistic (like it should be when you're fighting for a wish), and Fate Zero is more well done. I also like how the anime is being paced out so far unlike a lot of anime which have very drawn out, or just messed up/rushed endings. Even though viewers were given almost 3 episodes of introducing the characters, it was really good.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 22:43   Link #68
jzmagic
flargansbog

Why doesn't Ilya refer to Kirisugu as her father? I found that kind of strange.

Fate/zero is pure sex so far. The caster scene with the kid was disturbing but anyone could see that one coming.

Also Ilya is way too moe.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 23:06   Link #69
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
It isn't strange. Obviously you didn't pay attention to the start of episode 1. Ilya is Kiritsugu's daughter and hence Kiritsugu is Iris' husband. (In the beginning of Episode 1, Iris stated that baby is Kiritsugu's child)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
And Lancer's the last Servant to make his debut it seems.
No, Kirei clearly stated in this episode that Caster is the "last" to be summoned, which means Lancer has already been summoned beforehand. Meaning to say Lancer's summon wasn't shown.

Anyway, I loved the Caster summoning. To be honest, I actually didn't expect that coming. To think a murderer would have been successful in summoning an equally murderous "Necromancer" look-alike. And I certainly would like to see more of Waver/Rider and Kiritsugu/Saber Not forgetting Kariya and his Servant as well.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 23:12   Link #70
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Excellent episode. Caster gave me the creeps and it didn't feel like they held back there either... that kid really screamed.

The ending was superb. Gil is so awesome.

And little Illya is so darn cute I almost died.
Old 2011-10-08, 23:35   Link #71
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
It isn't strange. Obviously you didn't pay attention to the start of episode 1. Ilya is Kiritsugu's daughter and hence Kiritsugu is Iris' husband. (In the beginning of Episode 1, Iris stated that baby is Kiritsugu's child)
jzmagic is asking why she does not refer to him as her dad. She calls him by his name.
Quote:
No, Kirei clearly stated in this episode that Caster is the "last" to be summoned, which means Lancer has already been summoned beforehand. Meaning to say Lancer's summon wasn't shown.
Exactly, which means Lancer hasn't debuted (as in make an appearance) in the anime yet. Therefore he's the last to make his debut.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 23:47   Link #72
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm disappointed. I thought for sure someone would have made a slo-mo animated gif of the tentacle scene by now.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 23:48   Link #73
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

There are kids who address their parents by their names, nothing strange about that

I am almost certain that Kirei use Assasin to draw Gilgamesh away so that he can kill Tosaka himself. But man, Assasin breaking in sure looks cool

Caster is a funny yet cruel guy. Poor kid...

Is the book the relic for summoning Caster?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 23:54   Link #74
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin fighter View Post
''Blue beard'' Gilles de Rais
I am surprised your post isn't deleted yet. That's a big spoiler. And you aren't allowed to post them here. Even if its kind of obvious when he says his nickname.

Oh well, nevermind I guess seeing people don't seem to mind it and everyone apparently talked about him afterward anyway ._.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 23:58   Link #75
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
Yeah, now if only I wasn't obviously talking about their debut in the show. Caster made his in this episode. Lancer didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I am surprised your post isn't deleted yet. That's a big spoiler. And you aren't allowed to post them here. Even if its kind of obvious when he says his nickname.
Uh, Caster himself presented himself as "Bluebeard" in this episode. The other name can easily be learned if you've heard of said "Bluebeard" before or do a simple google/wikipedia search.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 00:05   Link #76
Forsaken_Infinity

I am totally surprised at the fact that almost nobody here seems to have read the LN. Makes me nervous that I might accidentally spoil stuff >_>
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 00:06   Link #77
alumnox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post

Fate/zero is pure sex so far. The caster scene with the kid was disturbing but anyone could see that one coming.

Also Ilya is way too moe.
No way we can answer this one with out spoiler sorry just wait a little bit more and you will understand.

Of course if you don't want to wait ask the question in the proper thread.

BTW the answer with the information of Moldred was erased and once verified with the moderation area I could just rewrite the information bcs as I said is not spoiler. For every single hero Nasu (most of it) wrote some extra information that its not even mentioned or part of the novel or the games so its impossible for that information to be spoiler but its better to keep this thread free of something that might lead to offtopic so I wont rewrite the information here, sorry.

To the people who request it I already sent you guys a PM but if anyone still wants no know more about Moldred or missed the information about it you can ask the question in the proper thread.

Last edited by alumnox; 2011-10-09 at 00:19.
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 00:12   Link #78
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I am totally surprised at the fact that almost nobody here seems to have read the LN. Makes me nervous that I might accidentally spoil stuff >_>
Why would that be so surprising? This is AnimeSuki, not LightNovelSuki. It's only natural for people to wait until a story gets made into an anime in order to experience it in their preferred medium.

And accidentally spoiling shouldn't happen as long as you're not oblivious to the rules or careless.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 00:38   Link #79
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Why would that be so surprising? This is AnimeSuki, not LightNovelSuki. It's only natural for people to wait until a story gets made into an anime in order to experience it in their preferred medium.

And accidentally spoiling shouldn't happen as long as you're not oblivious to the rules or careless.
Man, you will never know how badly a LN reader would want to spoil things here... (I mean "speculate" and debate with some knowledge/basis... and the only thread for LN/Drama CD readers is totally dead (what surprises me the most)). Anyways, I too feel kinda restricted since I might give some uninteded spoilers without knowing and the only thing we're allowed to discuss here is the overall impression from weekly episodes or play and the first time viewers
Old 2011-10-09, 01:22   Link #80
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Damm, Caster and Uryu are one messed up pair. That was brutal on how the kid got killed.

Anyway, Rider and his VA is awesome. It makes me want Brain Blessed as his English VA.

And little Illya was cute.