AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-07, 14:08   Link #21
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
I saw the series and the movies, I liked the series, but I thought the movies and OVAs just sucked. Naga's laugh is so annoying.
Old 2006-04-16, 18:46   Link #22
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
What-you didn't like the pack of Nagas running down the road all cackling at the same time? I thought that was one of the funniest scenes in any series I've ever seen!!
Old 2006-04-18, 10:57   Link #23
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb
What-you didn't like the pack of Nagas running down the road all cackling at the same time? I thought that was one of the funniest scenes in any series I've ever seen!!
One of my favorite all time scenes.

i think i will request a gif vatar of that
Old 2006-11-29, 11:22   Link #24
ccardoso
Banned

I finished to watch the three main Slayers series and I have a few questions:
1) Is Lord Nightmares some kind of god above evreything, monsters included?
2) Is Lord of Nightmares a man or a woman?
3) What was he trying to do by the end of Slayers Next? He/she destroyed Phibrizzo in a blink of eye and then he/she was going somewhere...
4) Is Darkstar the same "father of all monsters" like Shabranigdo, only that he belonged to another world?
5) Why didn't Lina just summon the Lord of Nightmares again to own evreything, like in the end of Slayers Next?

Thanks for the answers!
Old 2006-11-29, 12:30   Link #25
ImClueless
Rawr

Umm Ill try my best to answer those

1) Lord of Nightmares is the creator of everything, so is overgod to monsters as well.
2) Neither its more of an asexual entity I think
3) I think he/she is simply returning to the overworld
4) Yes
5) Because last time, she got taken over and was effectively destroyed, but Gourry's determination made the Lord of Nightmares change his mind and Lina got reborn. Also, the Lord of Nightmares might change his mind and destroy the world anyway.
Old 2006-11-29, 12:45   Link #26
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post

1) Lord of Nightmares is the creator of everything, so is overgod to monsters as well.
4) Yes
5) Because last time, she got taken over and was effectively destroyed, but Gourry's determination made the Lord of Nightmares change his mind and Lina got reborn. Also, the Lord of Nightmares might change his mind and destroy the world anyway.
And to add to #5.....because there is a 99% chance that Lina would have messed up the spell and destroyed everyone anyways....

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-11-29, 14:10   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

4) Yes

LoN is a woman.

All the image of LoN in slayers is depicted as a woman and also there was a screen cap of LoN in try holding a shovel.

She created the slayers universe and the four worlds. Set the gods to protect the world the demons to destory it. She does everything on a whim and has a contradictor nature.

In Try both Head God, Vorfied and Head Demon, Darkstar got tire of this endless fight that they are command to. So they merge and try to break the endless cycle.

Some Misc Slayers facts.

Dilgear, the wolf/troll hybird form seasons has been adopted by Luna Inverse and been rename Spot

Luna is a part-time waitress and the Knight of Cephie (the Dragon God is living in her). She takes her waitress job very seriously and will delegate saving the world jobs to Lina when she goes to do deliveries. She is also known as the waitress form hell.

Lina absolutely afraid of her sister and ran away form home because she once try to make money by selling tickets to a magical projection of Luna bathing.

Luna is rumor to be a drinking buddy with Xellos's boss, The Beast Master.
Old 2006-11-29, 14:37   Link #28
ImClueless
Rawr

Unless its in the novels, they never state that LoN is female do they? I think the only reason that LoN gets depicted as a woman is because Lina gets possessed by LoN. It would be kinda wierd if LoN was male and "possessed" Lina.

I think its more akin to the argument IRL where god is sometimes male/female and white/black.
Old 2006-11-29, 14:41   Link #29
maohayato
Evil God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
I finished to watch the three main Slayers series and I have a few questions:
1) Is Lord Nightmares some kind of god above evreything, monsters included?
2) Is Lord of Nightmares a man or a woman?
3) What was he trying to do by the end of Slayers Next? He/she destroyed Phibrizzo in a blink of eye and then he/she was going somewhere...
4) Is Darkstar the same "father of all monsters" like Shabranigdo, only that he belonged to another world?
5) Why didn't Lina just summon the Lord of Nightmares again to own evreything, like in the end of Slayers Next?

Thanks for the answers!

1) Lord of NIghtmare is Everything. its the sea of chaos that gives birth to all.
2) Lord of Nightmare is called "Mother"
3) Lord of Nightmare just went back to sleep
4) Its just some really big Demon/monster/something, its feared because it destroyed several planets, I believe.
5) First because it would mean a totally unoriginal turn of events. Second, because its pure overkill(whenever Lord of NIghtmare appears, it means instant gameover for the baddies). Third, plot demanded a satisfying end aka prophesy.
Old 2006-11-29, 14:55   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Unless its in the novels, they never state that LoN is female do they? I think the only reason that LoN gets depicted as a woman is because Lina gets possessed by LoN. It would be kinda wierd if LoN was male and "possessed" Lina.

I think its more akin to the argument IRL where god is sometimes male/female and white/black.

I am not sure if it specifially state int he novels. But the author stated that LoN is female.
Old 2006-11-29, 15:29   Link #31
ccardoso
Banned

But the Slayers Universe is made of lots of parallel worlds so?
And another question regarding the monsters' target: if they destroy all the world where the heck would they rule?
Old 2006-11-29, 15:34   Link #32
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

If I remember, Philbrizzo didn't care. He WANTED everything gone, including himself.

Some people are just like that.

Old 2006-11-29, 15:45   Link #33
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
If I remember, Philbrizzo didn't care. He WANTED everything gone, including himself.

Some people are just like that.
Uhm from what I watched throughout this series I deduced that the destruction of the world is a specific target of the monsters race: but I don't understand what they rule if they destroy evreything.
Old 2006-11-29, 16:00   Link #34
ImClueless
Rawr

No one mentioned they wanted to rule anything. Their goal is simply to destroy the world and return it to the chaos that the LoN made the world from.
Old 2006-11-29, 16:33   Link #35
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
No one mentioned they wanted to rule anything. Their goal is simply to destroy the world and return it to the chaos that the LoN made the world from.
So do they want to destroy themselves as well?!?
Old 2006-11-29, 16:43   Link #36
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Yes they did. Their goal was all consuming chaos and they disregarded their existence to meet that goal. Destroy everything; even themselves.
Old 2006-11-29, 17:28   Link #37
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Live forever.
Nothing changes.
Nothing means anything.
Rule the world, oh boy, does anything change? No.
Commit suicide, nope, no can do, because you are immortal and belong the world.

Destroy the world...now that has possibilities.........

In fact, that's sorta how the series Death Note works....Shikigami was bored in his world and stired up some interesting things in the human world.

There is a series of books out there called the Incarnations of Immortality. Given immortality, even gods get bored and just give up their jobs.

Old 2006-12-03, 13:41   Link #38
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Becuase that is wht LON told them to. Gods protect the world and demons destory it. It is the reason why Darkstar and Vorphie try merge and rebel against LON.
Old 2006-12-10, 23:36   Link #39
hideFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz View Post
Mmm, lessee now...

Not sure where exactly these two OVAs belong but they're a part of the Naga saga:
Slayers Special (the book of spells)
Slayers Excellent
I would say that Excellent would come before the movies just because They seem more acquained in the first movie. In Excellent, it appears in the first episode as if Lina has only met Naga once before (And it does show the flashback.)
Old 2007-01-07, 19:37   Link #40
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Possible release date for the re-release (this time by FUNimation) of the Slayers Season 1 box-set.

Slayers Season 1, 17th July 2007, Retail Price $40

If I read this right, it means all 26 episodes for an on-line price of something like $25
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy