AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-09-12, 15:34   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1092 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

That time is finally here! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for info:

-Chapter title is "The Tyrant's Rampage in Mariejois Incident". Splash features Jinbei.

-As indicated by the title, Kuma is wreaking havoc in the holy land of Mariejois! However, one particular individual steps up to stop the rampaging cyborg: Fleet Admiral Sakazuki, aka Akainu! He attacks Kuma, melting part of his face (similar to what he did to Whitebeard at Marineford), but the "Tyrant" doesn't appear to be all that fazed by such a deadly strike. He merely tanks the attack, and then vanishes from the fleet admiral's sight! As he's berated by the angry Celestial Dragons, Sakazuki thinks back to when he captured Bonney two years ago, shortly after the Paramount War. At the time, he had already told her that her father chose to become a Pacifista of his own free will....

-Meanwhile, back at Egghead, Luffy takes on Kizaru in his G4 Snake Man mode! However, the admiral soon lands a kick so powerful that the newly crowned emperor is knocked into the Vega Force 1 robot.... destroying it! Thankfully, the Sunny survived the collision unscathed. Bonney tries to fight Kizaru as well, but gets a nasty kick for her troubles, as well! Having taken down the two captains, the admiral makes his next move.... as he warps straight to the lab's control room, right next to Vegapunk!

-However, before he takes any further action, Kizaru is grabbed by a giant hand.... which belongs to a gigantic Gear 5 Luffy! Interestingly, his transformation is the trigger for another phenomenon: His "Drums of Liberation" heartbeat seem to act as the key to activating the ancient robot he found upon his first meeting with Vegapunk....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-09-12 at 20:40.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-12, 16:18   Link #2
Hoodspirit

So we got Kuma out of there just to instantly bring him back to die at that very place?

Snake Man underpreforming as always. Should have been a one time thing like tank man.

G5 must be achievable without the drums then, or the giant would have woken up vs Lucci earlier.

Been a while since we had such bad spoilers, hopefully the chapter has more to offer.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-12, 16:57   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
G5 must be achievable without the drums then, or the giant would have woken up vs Lucci earlier.
Or they were too far from the giant robot's location for him to hear it. Not everyone has ridiculous hearing like Zunesha.
Old 2023-09-12, 18:02   Link #4
Gerard07

See spoilers; Kuma attacking Mariejois seems fine to me (but why didn't he do it before when he was a slave?), Luffy vs Kizaru progressed well and the robot reacted to Luffy's G5, but he didn't do it before in his fight with Lucci? Because the distance was too great or Luffy wasn't serious enough in his fight or something like that?, well what I'm most happy about is that there will be a chapter next week, let's hope for more spoilers!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-12, 20:48   Link #5
marvelB

Full summary's already out, so we have an update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Or they were too far from the giant robot's location for him to hear it. Not everyone has ridiculous hearing like Zunesha.
Yeah, that's definitely looking to be the case, since Luffy made himself giant when going G5 this chapter. I imagine going super-size would give the drums more than a little extra bass to go around the island, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-12, 22:11   Link #6
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I'm more thinking that there were some that required conditions to reactivate old technology. Zunesha can hear the drumbeat first before Momonosuke and the others. As for the giant robot, it is likely the drum heartbeat of Luffy being giant is the requirement to activate it, as it will reverberate or synchronize better with the dormant robot.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-13, 05:37   Link #7
Rainbowman

With giant Gear 5 Luffy grabbing Kizaru, made me think of giant Dr. Manhattan trying to grab Ozymandias in Watchmen.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-13, 11:55   Link #8
Homura7

So I was right. Vegapunk input one final command on Kuma, that would only trigger shortly after the Reverie was over. And that is: kill the World Government.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-13, 13:17   Link #9
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
So I was right. Vegapunk input one final command on Kuma, that would only trigger shortly after the Reverie was over. And that is: kill the World Government.
I doubt kill is the right world. I would think that Kuma may regain his memories and dash to Bonney at once after causing heavy damage to Mary Geoise.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-14, 02:24   Link #10
patnam

so Kuma is like DBZ's Android number 16? got self destruct bomb in his body, once he reaches Imp or Five Elders, kaboom...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-14, 12:14   Link #11
Gerard07

Seeing the chapter, Kuma was wreaking havoc on MaryGeoises (but why didn't he do it before when he was a slave?), well I bet he will go to Imu (although I don't know why XD), Luffy vs Kizaru progresses with an advantage for the latter, until Luffy activated the G5 and the ancient robot woke up, and best of all IF THERE IS A CHAPTER NEXT WEEK XD, look forward to it.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-16, 00:16   Link #12
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
So we got Kuma out of there just to instantly bring him back to die at that very place?

Snake Man underpreforming as always. Should have been a one time thing like tank man.
not sure about underperforming, with Katakuri he had no choice, as G4 Bounce man was too slow, with Kaido I think he was barraging him to soften him up for a final blow.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote