lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
Haha, classic.
Old 2006-06-21, 19:36   Link #102
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Poor Firiel. She looks like she's too confused on her feelings. Oh! and hooray for that creepy guy to die He deserves it! Adale is too adorable
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 16:31   Link #103
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Rouxboux X'D
Only 5 more eps to.
It's a pity that, like Jyu Oh Sei, they didn't plan more episodes. The story is going too, too fast.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 23:37   Link #104
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I'm debating to click on spoilers XD ahahaha..... Man the evil me is so not cool u_u buuu.

Yay Roux in next eps ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 23:14   Link #105
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Watched ep. 9. Some scenes that I remembered:

+ Firiel and Ingraine travelling together. I mistook Ingraine for a man before
+ Adale is not very good @ horse riding.
+ Adale and Leandra's mother is just a princess (I thought she was a queen or something)
+ Eusis getting dumped by the unicorn many times.
+ Firiel found a baby unicorn. Baby unicorn getting attached to Firiel.
+ Eusis almost shot Firiel w/ an arrow.

--> Not many things happen but it's still a nice episode.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-06-25, 22:40   Link #106
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Watched ep. 9. Some scenes that I remembered:

+ Adale and Leandra's mother is just a princess (I thought she was a queen or something)

--> Not many things happen but it's still a nice episode.
The queen is Adale and Leandra's grandmother (mother side). Firiel's mother, Elilin is the second princess and also Princess Augusta's sister.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 22:47   Link #107
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Ah yes yes! I remember Lot saying that You know, the unicorns on their world are only 2 leggeds. Hm, and I thought they were four. They look like chickens now
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-07-05, 16:38   Link #108
aixchel
Shinkumi

Couple of story questions:

Spoiler for Who the heck was she pointing at?:

This series is really a guilty pleasure
aixchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 19:54   Link #109
Cyz
"Show it to me"

About the Leandra pointing, she's referring to Roux I think. Because the Duke put a mark on Roux when he was captured and he says that he belongs to him.

Eusis wants to marry Firiel because.....I think he fell in love to Firiel (exactly what Lot predicted - despite how Eusis denied it). As for Adale, she's a little jealous that her brother found a love but she's also happy because it was Firiel.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-08-05, 09:15   Link #110
MissDeth

Adele Pictures

As short as this series was, I really enjoyed it. I would like to get my hands on the manga to see where and if it differed....! I've looked all over the web trying to find scans of Adele (especially in her military outfit from episode 12!) and from the manga. If anyone has any help on finding these, or the existence of an artbook to buy, I would greatly appreciate it!
MissDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 13:44   Link #111
Cyz
"Show it to me"

So the anime is finally finished huh? I still need to watch the last 2 eps. I really enjoyed this series - I just wished they could've extended it a little longer no?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-09-02, 20:50   Link #112
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm a little surprised there wasn't more buzz with this one. It was a highly original work, IMO - ironically because it so faithfully followed the European fairy-tale format, faithfully right to the end. There were several genuinely sharply drawn and interesting characters (especially Roux) and a plot that was generally cohesive and logically drawn. Just not flashy enough for everyone, I suppose.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 01:13   Link #113
Mangaka-chan

Just watched the whole thing (plus all 4 manga avalible in Chinese thus far) and I have to say I really like this show. Having read the manga and saw the anime as well I have to say the manga is better in terms of art, pacing, and character development. But the anime does have very nice music (love the OP song), and I honestly don't mind the difference in design all that much. It's just that 13 episodes isn't enough to develop all the things that goes on in the manga, which I believe is based much more closely to the novels. I have to concur with the wide spread opinion in this forum that the show would've benefited from a few more episodes to flesh things out a bit more. *sigh*

Still, for all the people who enjoyed this anime, I'd highly recomment reading the manga (first volume's avalible from Tokyopop). It's darker than the anime but much more interesting IMO.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 22:15   Link #114
David Johnston

Good Witch of the West

I've watched a few episodes of this...and it's really science fiction, isn't it? These guys colonised some earthlike world and then imposed peasant ignorance on the bulk of the population right? I'm not sure how effective fairy tales would be as a method of manipulating people's psychology, though, if you don't let people hear them.
David Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 17:33   Link #115
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished this little piece of work, and it was a fairly good watch. Pretty interesting and somewhat original, considering its fairy tale

Characters lacked any real development, but bleh - i can live with it. Roux is one strange animal though - i can't recall ever seeing something as ... unique as him He certainly looked like a complete bookworm when i first saw him, and i thought his personality would be matching that... boy, was that wrong

Still can't figure out what the hell was that star, and especially - Bard 0_o

And of course, as a proper fairy tale we have a happily ever after for every one. Cheeziness over the top with them forgiving the major villains and all seemed on the "bleh" side though ... but hey - only evil dragons get killed in fairy tales mostly, right ?

Animation was fairly nice, but they did overuse the "blush" effect. Overall a pretty decent watch. 7/10
Old 2007-02-27, 19:22   Link #116
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I liked this one a lot, though it didn't get much attention. Your reaction to Roux seems to be the common one - he didn't fit neatly into any stereotype, and as such was easily the breakout character of the series.

Check out the manga - first two volumes are out. It's very good.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 22:14   Link #117
SinsI

Did anyone read the novels? How different are they, and how far does the anime go?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:11   Link #118
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Did anyone read the novels? How different are they, and how far does the anime go?
I'm a little late in responding, but a friend pointed me here since she knew I'd read the first novel. (Tokyopop's version.) The novel is much more complex than the anime was. The anime skimmed the surface of the novel for plot details. But the novel is deeper as to why things happen and gives greater insight into who the characters are and why they do what they do. The first novel was extremely well-written when compared to other novels that Tokyopop has translated. It felt like a novel and not merely a translated story. As for how far does the anime go? I can't answer that question yet though. Novel 1 stops fairly early into the anime.
Spoiler for where novel 1 ends:
(I believe there are 6 novels total.) Why does the novel stop so early? Because the story is much more thorough in detailing things like the heresy of fairy tales and the characters' motivations. Most of the basic plot has been the same as the anime so far although there have been some differences. However, the novel's version of each plot point is deeper and more nuanced. I found novel 1 extremely engaging. I hated to stop reading it when real life interrupted me. I really recommend that if you're interested in the series, you should find a copy of the novel and give it a try.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2008-02-25 at 20:41.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 13:59   Link #119
SinsI

Quite a surprising answer.
My thoughts after episode 12 were "well, that was a good introduction, now let's start the real epic 100+ episodes story", I expected the anime to cover only a volume or two...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 18:38   Link #120
Aquillion

I just finished watching this myself.

Are the novels finished with the story? It really felt like the anime started strong, then went completely off the rails eventually -- specifically, somewhere around the time:
Spoiler:

My assumption was that the anime's writers had to just suddenly start inventing things eventually; it seems like there's a pretty clear dividing line beyond which the plot and characterization suddenly and sharply decline in quality (around when people start teleporting everywhere, although it was starting to feel rushed and hectic a bit before that.)

If that's what happened, I can at least say one good thing about this show: it made me grateful for the fact that Twelve Kingdoms stopped where the novels did, and didn't try to continue without them.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote