AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-23, 02:11   Link #41
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Live forever.
Nothing changes.
Nothing means anything.
Rule the world, oh boy, does anything change? No.
Commit suicide, nope, no can do, because you are immortal and belong the world.

Destroy the world...now that has possibilities.........

In fact, that's sorta how the series Death Note works....Shikigami was bored in his world and stired up some interesting things in the human world.

There is a series of books out there called the Incarnations of Immortality. Given immortality, even gods get bored and just give up their jobs.
The mazoku do not act against creation out of boredom; they act against creation because they follow the Dark Lord of their world, whose existence reflects LoN's desire that all things be returned to her.

The Lord of Nightmares wants the worlds to exist but she also wants them to return to her... she's not exactly a 'good guy.' In the novels, LoN does not spare the world; she only leaves Lina because Phibrizo damaged her too badly to remain in the world.
Old 2007-03-22, 13:05   Link #42
zeldalover

slayers

doesent anyone remember slayer? it was the best! how come its no longer airing...? its the best anime ive ever seen

especially slayers try, its hilarias
Old 2007-03-22, 13:15   Link #43
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

oh people are. there's like a new slayers thing coming out about lina/gourry romance and some song called meet again

the thread
Old 2007-04-06, 16:08   Link #44
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldalover View Post
doesent anyone remember slayer? it was the best! how come its no longer airing...? its the best anime ive ever seen

especially slayers try, its hilarias
Does anyone remember Slayers? You betcha-it always has been and will remain at the top of my favorite anime list.
Old 2007-04-11, 09:18   Link #45
zeldalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb View Post
Does anyone remember Slayers? You betcha-it always has been and will remain at the top of my favorite anime list.
finaly, someone i can agree with eye to eye! but still im really angry that they dont air it anymore... i wonder why...
Old 2007-04-11, 11:17   Link #46
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
finaly, someone i can agree with eye to eye! but still im really angry that they dont air it anymore... i wonder why...
You can always buy the DVDs. They have been out for years now, so I imagine the price to have dropped a fair bit.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-11, 13:23   Link #47
zeldalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You can always buy the DVDs. They have been out for years now, so I imagine the price to have dropped a fair bit.

Cheers.

true... yes it has been out for quite a while, thus making them fairly hard to find...
ive looked at most of the major anime dealers around where i live like in both sam goodies and at suncoast and nether of them had them...
Old 2007-04-11, 13:52   Link #48
Rahan

The movies and OVAs are still very easy to find. The series are out of print because the owner of the rights has changed. Funimation has partially redubbed the show and the series will be re-released (starting by season 1 on july) at low price.

See other posts higher in this thread
Old 2007-04-11, 15:47   Link #49
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Slayers = godly classic adventure comedy
Old 2007-05-04, 12:47   Link #50
zeldalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
The movies and OVAs are still very easy to find. The series are out of print because the owner of the rights has changed. Funimation has partially redubbed the show and the series will be re-released (starting by season 1 on july) at low price.

See other posts higher in this thread
of which year? 2007 or 2008? or 2006?
Old 2007-05-04, 16:47   Link #51
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

In the March '07 issue of the Japanese "Weekly Dragon Magazine," it states that if customers buy all three Slayers series in Japan, they will receive a new Slayers film with them. It supposedly focuses on the romance between Lina and Gourry. This new film has 2 parts. First part is 25 minutes of scenes from all 3 Slayers Series. The second part is a 2 minute feature "Meet Again, sung by Megumi Hayashibara" with Lina and Gourry running on the beach. Zelgadis, Ameria, Xellos are there too.

the 2 minute thing.

eh so weird with animation all 2007-ish and all
Old 2007-05-06, 20:46   Link #52
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxanimefan4_ever View Post
In the March '07 issue of the Japanese "Weekly Dragon Magazine," it states that if customers buy all three Slayers series in Japan, they will receive a new Slayers film with them. It supposedly focuses on the romance between Lina and Gourry. This new film has 2 parts. First part is 25 minutes of scenes from all 3 Slayers Series. The second part is a 2 minute feature "Meet Again, sung by Megumi Hayashibara" with Lina and Gourry running on the beach. Zelgadis, Ameria, Xellos are there too.

the 2 minute thing.
~snip~

I remember how much I loved the hand-drawn scenes in Slayers so much, and I see they chose to retain the style in that clip. The spellcasting gets a major boost in the eye-candy department though, and that is always a good thing. I would love to see the entire animated Dragon Slave sequence in all of its fancy overpowered glory.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-06, 23:58   Link #53
ImClueless
Rawr

Lol they added a magic circle to the Dragon Slave. Why does all anime magic involve floaty circles with cryptic symbols now?

Make more Slayers.....Plz
Old 2007-05-07, 16:13   Link #54
Rahan

Quote:
of which year? 2007 or 2008? or 2006?
2007. Release date for the first season is July 17 to be precise.

You can already pre-order at Rightstuf, who happens to have a sale on Funimations products, so you can have the first season for roughly 25 bucks if you pre-order it before may 13.
Old 2007-05-10, 11:41   Link #55
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Actually it's about $21.59 with the 40% off-how do I know? I preordered it-duh. I'd be kicking myself in the nether regions if I didn't get this set as I already have the originial Software Sculptors sets of Try and Next that I fought a big bidding war on ebay to get-NOW MY SLAYERS COLLECTION WILL BE COMPLETE!!
Old 2007-05-29, 12:59   Link #56
zeldalover

where do you find them? ebay? if so i cant get them online...
Old 2007-05-29, 17:08   Link #57
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
where do you find them? ebay? if so i cant get them online...
As mentioned before, the entire Slayers series are being re-released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan
The series are out of print because the owner of the rights has changed. Funimation has partially redubbed the show and the series will be re-released (starting by season 1 on july) at low price.
The first season, The Slayers is due for release on July 17, 2007. Currently it seems that only Right Stuf (Slayers Season 1 DVD Set) is listing it but give it a few weeks and all the usual on-line DVD stores will be listing it as well.
Old 2007-05-29, 18:10   Link #58
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxanimefan4_ever View Post

the 2 minute thing.

Aww that was a cute two minutes, I need to get this song now. XD

It does look weird, but still love it. ^^

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-05-31, 17:03   Link #59
hideFan

Wow... That new animation does look rather nice... It kinda makes me wish they would have a new season or do another ova...
Old 2007-06-05, 12:25   Link #60
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I've watched Slayers so many times, I can't even count on my hands and my feet, it is defiantly one of my all time favourites.

Anyway watching Next and the ending where Phibrizzo forces Lina to cast Giga Slave, I've always thought that she lost control of it (prbly due to her saying so during the ending), but during my last watch during LoN's speech to the scooby gang, I thought could it actually be that Lina didn't loose control of the spell, but cast it perfectly instead?

The first time she cast it against Shabranidgo could the SoL filtered it so she LoN didn't take her over that time.

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-06-05 at 13:06.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy