AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2004-03-27, 17:36   Link #21
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
"Service" for animesuki users.

Cover of Afternoon Magazine 5/2004 shows the art of the new TV series for Ah Megami-sama.
The magazine comes with a free figurine of Skuld!

The article you have been waiting for: Left Page Right Page

Conclusion: a new TV series of AMG will come to your way in 2004
Looks great, can't wait for it to be released
Now there's only two more things to get me satisfied with this year; that the AMGseries will be at least ~13 episodes, and that the rumours of a second Berserk season will get out gets real, but that doesn't belong here
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 20:36   Link #22
FlyByNite

Haha It looks like the rat from the Mini-Goddesses shorts is going to pop up in the anime, that's him giving the V sign.

Will he turn into Gabira in the new anime?
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 20:57   Link #23
Sethi
StormRider

Finally a TV Series it's about time they did one, because this series is great, i do hope the series is AT LEAST 26 Episodes 13 Episodes is too damn short, the only problem is that now that i've seen this i am dying to see it get released
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 23:33   Link #24
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I wonder if they're going to make up a totally new story arc, or whether they'll reuse one of the arcs from the manga...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 05:37   Link #25
Wilcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I wonder if they're going to make up a totally new story arc, or whether they'll reuse one of the arcs from the manga...
Haven't read the manga, but i hope the story will at least continue from the anime(so that it wont "go back", like someone here said earlier).
Old 2004-03-28, 05:56   Link #26
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Well they don't need to make up a new story, they have 25+ manga's filled with 'm. The only question is where will they start...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 06:43   Link #27
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Well they don't need to make up a new story, they have 25+ manga's filled with 'm. The only question is where will they start...
Unless they want as many episodes as Urusei Yatsura, they really would have to pic just a few important arcs, and that's about it.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 19:30   Link #28
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I can't imagine a 195+ episode long series for something like Ah! Megumi-sama.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 19:54   Link #29
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I can't imagine a 195+ episode long series for something like Ah! Megumi-sama.
I can imagine a lot of episodes, Ah! My Goddess is Cool and Funny as hell, i was annoyed because there were never any TV Series and i will be annoyed if they make it too short but it will all depend on the ratings most likely since there's already such huge content for them to work for, they will probably stop the anime when they see fit.
Ohh and by the way is there a release date or like when are we to expect it?
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 21:52   Link #30
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
I can imagine a lot of episodes, Ah! My Goddess is Cool and Funny as hell, i was annoyed because there were never any TV Series and i will be annoyed if they make it too short but it will all depend on the ratings most likely since there's already such huge content for them to work for, they will probably stop the anime when they see fit.
Ohh and by the way is there a release date or like when are we to expect it?
From what I've heard and read it's suppose to be late 2004 but it's all in the rumor stage at this moment
Old 2004-03-29, 00:22   Link #31
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

I just hope there's not too much Belldandy...

<puts on flame retardant>
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 04:03   Link #32
Wilcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
I just hope there's not too much Belldandy...

<puts on flame retardant>
err... she's one of the maincharacters... and you can't just honestly say that you dont love her
Old 2004-03-29, 04:11   Link #33
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Oh, joy! Oh My Goddess or Ah My Goddess was the first anime to start my anime addiction way back when I was still in high school. I was mad when I found out that is was only a five episode OVA back then so I went out and bought the manga and so far, I'm missing two volumes. I hope they use the character in OVA's for the TV series because I never really did like the art done in the movie.
Old 2004-03-29, 09:28   Link #34
Saouri
Megami-sama

Send a message via MSN to Saouri Send a message via Yahoo to Saouri
So...was confirmed! Really good news.

Tnxs for the cover and the article.
Saouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 18:12   Link #35
Crimzon
Concrete Cowboy

Send a message via AIM to Crimzon
Ditto. Thanks for the link to the scans. I'm pretty exceited about this series. I liked the animation in the movie, so no complaints there. On some other threads people were already talking about who's going to pick it up for the R1 DVD release, because Animego and Pioneer used two different sets of voices. I could care less about that, because I'd watch it with subtitles or nothing at all. In any case, no one mentioned which subs they liked better out of the two... opinions? (Also, I'm pretty sure this will be lic. Before fansubbers even have a chance, no?)
Crimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 18:31   Link #36
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon
Ditto. Thanks for the link to the scans. I'm pretty exceited about this series. I liked the animation in the movie, so no complaints there. On some other threads people were already talking about who's going to pick it up for the R1 DVD release, because Animego and Pioneer used two different sets of voices. I could care less about that, because I'd watch it with subtitles or nothing at all. In any case, no one mentioned which subs they liked better out of the two... opinions? (Also, I'm pretty sure this will be lic. Before fansubbers even have a chance, no?)
Yeah, considereing the popularity of this show we can expect a fast license. Doesn't matter to me I intend to buy it anyway. Although I prefer to have fansubs first otherwise i'd have to wait alot longer

About the dubs, I watched the OVA's dubbed and I hated it, Belldandy sounded awfull. But then again I'm a dub hater
Old 2004-03-29, 19:09   Link #37
Crimzon
Concrete Cowboy

Send a message via AIM to Crimzon
Heh, well I was asking about the subs. = ) The only series I've listend to the dub all the way through was Cowboy Bebop, and that's because I was bored and wanted to see how much of a difference there was between the sub and the dub. Normally I stick to subs, or raws with my few years of japanese and a dictionary at my side. I agree on the fansubs, waiting a few months knowing this is already out in Japan is painful. To be honest I'll be dling the fansubs till the dvd's are out here.
Crimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 22:44   Link #38
Soletta

Wink hello

hi.. I wonder that New Ah My Goddess? wow i little heard about this.. but i hope that unlike Mini-Ah My Goddess, you know... i really curious about new series or movie or whatever.. if you know anything about this. pls tell to me
Soletta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 12:22   Link #39
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soletta
hi.. I wonder that New Ah My Goddess? wow i little heard about this.. but i hope that unlike Mini-Ah My Goddess, you know... i really curious about new series or movie or whatever.. if you know anything about this. pls tell to me
Don't you dare bash down the mini-goddesses Those freaking rocked . Hehe no offense inteded i just loved them. It's probably not gonna be like that I think we can be 99.99% sure about that. Btw for those who saw it , in the regular OVA Urd and the rat are also shown in mini format while hiding behind a vase, that was hilarious
Old 2004-03-31, 00:59   Link #40
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

as long as they show Peorth, i'll be happy
poor peorth REALLY got the shaft in the movie...
the Peorth vs. Belldandy "fight" would be nice to see animated
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote