AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-06-06, 10:10   Link #21
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Funny, I don't remember the walrus guy's name being mentioned at all.... I'll have to look back at the chapters to make sure, I suppose.
Yes, look harder. We've known the name of the walrus for what like decades now...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 14:22   Link #22
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

In the one piece world height equates to power.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 15:49   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
BTW, I guess I'm the only one who's interested in Oda's inspiration for Iva.....? I find it highly amusing that the character is partially based off a real life okama! Makes me wonder who Bon Clay may be based on......
You're not the only one. It's pretty awesome that the guy he's based on got the role in the anime, no wonder the voice fits so well!

For anyone wondering, this is what he looks like:

(left)

And~
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2...0428640303.jpg

Hi~ha~!
Old 2010-06-06, 19:13   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yes, look harder. We've known the name of the walrus for what like decades now...

Well, I'm not saying I'm doubting you or anything, but I checked the Marineford chapters (and even checked out the RAWs to make doubly sure,) and I didn't see walrus dude's name mentioned. Maybe someone else can confirm this....?

Anyway, for those who thought that "pwngoat" was the most badass character in the series, I have to say that a new challenger has appeared..... STEFAN!

Spoiler:

Also, our friendly neighborhood aohige has been translating the SBS questions (thanks, man! ). You can check them out at AP (look for the volume 58 thread), but I thought I'd post the questions about Marco and Whitebeard's fruits since they're explained in a little more detail than from Greg's summaries:

Quote:
Q: How do you do, Oda-sensei. I read volume 57 and I couldn't quite tell the difference between
Ace's mera-mera fruit and Phoenix Marco's mythical zoan.

O: Yes, that is understandable. To make keep the pace of the war going at a fast pace,
I omitted as many explanatory dialogs as possible.
I will tell you a little bit about Marco's ability.
He is a Zoan type, so of course he isn't intangible and have a solid body.
However, he can use the Phoenix ability "Blue Flame of Resurrection" to heal his wounds,
and thus render damage done to him ineffective (however there is a limit to how much he can heal)
In other words, it's a Flame of regeneration. This flame actually doesn't have the characteristics
of a real fire, such as spreading or high temperature. It is totally different from Ace's fire.
I may touch upon the subject in the main story, but for now, this is all I can tell you.

Q: Hello Oda-sensei! I have a question. Is Edward "Whitebeard" Newgate a Logia or a Paramecia?
Whitebeard didn't freeze up when he took Aokiji's attack, so I personally think he's Logia?
O: I know it's difficult. But the answer is Paramecia.
The Gura-Gura fruit is considered the most powerful fruit out of numerous types of Paramecia fruits.
I know because we call him the "Earthquake Man", it's easy to think he's a Logia.
But for that to be true, Whitebeard himself has to be the earthquake.
Whitebeard can cause Earthquake, in other words he is a vibration-man.
In any case, it's a Paramecia fruit that's no less powerful than the Logia fruits.

I really can't stress how great this SBS corner is due to the amount of info packed in it. I can only hope that volume 59's SBS will be just as grand!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 19:48   Link #25
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So Marco's phoenix regeneration isn't quite as broken as logia intangibility. I knew that if Kizaru and Marco were to fight to the death, Kizaru would have the advantage. Very interesting info.
Old 2010-06-06, 20:11   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Well, I'm not saying I'm doubting you or anything, but I checked the Marineford chapters (and even checked out the RAWs to make doubly sure,) and I didn't see walrus dude's name mentioned. Maybe someone else can confirm this....?
It's been fun playing with you ...I'd hate to ruin the surprise but I can spoil it for you if you really wish...

Spoiler for Major Spoilers...:
Old 2010-06-06, 20:38   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ LOL. And here I was about to go looking through the marineford chapters as well to give marvelB a hand. Good prank, man. But be careful, because you can expect marvelB to do the same to you in the near future. When he'll strike, you'll never know .
Old 2010-06-07, 07:25   Link #28
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
In the one piece world height equates to power.
Shanks, Dragon and Roger?
Old 2010-06-07, 10:49   Link #29
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So Marco's phoenix regeneration isn't quite as broken as logia intangibility. I knew that if Kizaru and Marco were to fight to the death, Kizaru would have the advantage. Very interesting info.
Actually Marco would have the advantage, because Oda confirms that his flames heal him.

Logias don't heal, they retain damage, they just patch up their appearance, as we've seen how Akainu is injured from Whitebeard and other Haki attacks and how Ace died from wounds.

Because Marco actually heals himself, he would receive alot less damage than Kizaru over time and Kizaru can be hurt by Marco's Haki attacks.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 12:21   Link #30
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Not really. Marco didn't recover completely from his battle damage throughout the war. I think the word "heal" is used in the context of reconstructing his body. Furthermore, Oda even went as far as to suggest that Marco has a limit to how much he can heal.
Old 2010-06-07, 15:22   Link #31
marvelB

Darn you, james! You deceived me! Ah, but that was a nice little trick, though.

Quote:
Good prank, man. But be careful, because you can expect marvelB to do the same to you in the near future. When he'll strike, you'll never know .

Nah, I'm a better sport than that. I wouldn't retaliate for a little prank like that!

......Or would I?

Getting back to the topic at hand, I would say that Marco has a slight edge over Logias since he can actually heal himself (even if there are limits). The only reason he got messed up in the war was because of Onigumo's seastone cuffs. If not for that, he wouldn't have gotten beam-raped so badly by Kizaru.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 15:37   Link #32
james0246

^All in good fun .

Here's a question, does this more recent SBS (or one of the previous) have any info on Rouge's latening of Ace?
Old 2010-06-07, 19:08   Link #33
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Hancock's three sizes are just ridiculous man. S'like a walking hourglass.
In American sizes, she'd be a 40I/24/36, if I'm reading it right. Pretty close to the original Barbie, but more top heavy

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 23:46   Link #34
Rainbowman

Were there any mention of other Devil Fruits other than the "Wash Wash" fruit? I can understand that Akainu's Devil Fruit was never mentioned (at the time).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 11:23   Link #35
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:

Anyway, for those who thought that "pwngoat" was the most badass character in the series, I have to say that a new challenger has appeared..... STEFAN!

Spoiler:

Also, our friendly neighborhood aohige has been translating the SBS questions (thanks, man! ). You can check them out at AP (look for the volume 58 thread), but I thought I'd post the questions about Marco and Whitebeard's fruits since they're explained in a little more detail than from Greg's summaries:

I really can't stress how great this SBS corner is due to the amount of info packed in it. I can only hope that volume 59's SBS will be just as grand!

I can'#t help but feel a bit disapointed by how Marco's over all ability actually works. Its not as amazin as i thought. A shame rea
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 11:44   Link #36
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Everyone has limits with their powers. We definitely haven't seen the last of Marco, and I'm sure he has yet to show us he's really capable of.
Old 2010-08-01, 11:47   Link #37
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
^ Everyone has limits with their powers. We definitely haven't seen the last of Marco, and I'm sure he has yet to show us he's really capable of.
yeah..well Oda does allude to him goin into greater detail in the main story...so we'll definitely see him again. But still....I'm still his No.1 Fan...
Hopefully next time Marco, Joz & Vista will get a proper chance to shine. We only really saw glimpses of wat they could really do.

Also glad we finally got the names of the rest of the WB commanders, and even the age & heights of the Shichbukai. I never woulda guessed Moria was 48 years old Tat was surprising.
Old 2010-08-01, 11:56   Link #38
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
I already did conversions (feet and inches) for the shichibukai heights.

Hancock - 6'3"
Moria - 22'8"
Kuma - 22'7"
Blackbeard - 11'3"
Doflamingo - 10'0"
Jimbei - 9'10"
Crocodile - 8'3"
Mihawk - 6'6"

Yeah, I would also love to see heights and ages for the top marines and the emperors.

I have a strong feeling that Akainu is the oldest admiral, followed by Kizaru and then Aokiji.
Woah. Those heights..seem kinda strange.... i mean Mihawk is 6'6? He doesn't look that tall. And if Moria is like 22 Ft tall....i can only imagine how tall Oars & even San Juan Wolf are. Its a pity no one asked that..well for Oars anyway..
Old 2010-08-01, 12:01   Link #39
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Woah. Those heights..seem kinda strange.... i mean Mihawk is 6'6? He doesn't look that tall. And if Moria is like 22 Ft tall....i can only imagine how tall Oars & even San Juan Wolf are. Its a pity no one asked that..well for Oars anyway..
Yeah, I didn't expect Mihawk to be 6'6" either. He looked more like 6'0" to me. I would like to find out the weights for the shichibukai as well. I would imagine that Kuma would be the heaviest due to all of his cybernetic enhancements on such a huge body.
Old 2010-08-01, 12:41   Link #40
james0246

^Didn't you know, it’s impolite to ask a woman's weight...