Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-04, 14:54   Link #2561
willx
Nyaaan~~

Silentstalker's Russian Q&A -- Feb 2nd & 3rd

http://ftr-wot.blogspot.cz/2013/02/222013.html

-premium British and Chinese heavies? "Definitely this year"
-the Indien-Panzer was confirmed to be a logical part of the new medium tank German branch
-regarding the T-62B introduction: Q: "And what about the T-62B? It's if the same age as the Leopard" A: "Well, the Leopard will be introduced..."

http://ftr-wot.blogspot.cz/2013/02/322013.html

-Q: "Sturmpanther planned?" A: "That's not a Sturmpanther. We don't comment on our plans." (SS: this relates to a rumor running around about a vehicle on the basis of Jagdpanther, but with 150mm StuH 43 howitzer)
-apparently, the "Sturmtiger in 2013" is just a rumor, BUT there was no real denial (SS: the answer was: "Will you ask about all the rumors you hear, or only about a half of them?")
-apparently, the devs are working on the "assault TD" class of vehicles (indirectly hinted at, SerB states their firing trajectory will look like the one of the old KV-2)
Old 2013-02-04, 15:18   Link #2562
Sumeragi
Banned

These days the StuG III isn't as fun as it used to be. I might move the crew over to the post-war German tanks when they come out.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 15:26   Link #2563
Gravitas Free Zone

So Operation Top Gun is back on...

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1998-an...ation-top-gun/

And I get a Top Gun (and Pascucci's) win in the Hetzer after 13 minutes of fumbling around on El Halluf. The funny thing is that in the post-game tables the 1500 bonus XP for the Top Gun event was listed as "Penalty for damage to teammates" instead of "For event", though it was still a bonus and not a penalty.

Freaked me out a little. (I didn't hit any teammates.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 15:32   Link #2564
Sumeragi
Banned

Panther II Fun

This is how you drive the Panther II.
Old 2013-02-04, 16:04   Link #2565
Gravitas Free Zone

Ace Tanker in the DMax:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

No small amount of luck was involved: At the end, our Panther and Tiger were capping their base (south), while I was trying to reset our base (north) from the little knoll around A5/B5, opposed by the JP, Tiger, and IS.

The Tiger hit me once, a lucky shot over the top of the hill. I dissected the JPanther. The IS rushed me and hit me twice, but his reload time was worse than mine, and in the end he showed me his side.

Then it became a game of the Tiger slowly backing up out of my view range while I tried to hug the terrain and close on it. The final shot was something like a 400-meter hit, over the JPanther's corpse, into the Tiger's cupola.

Three of the misses were because the T29 was spotted early and I ended up wasting a couple of shells into a rock I couldn't really see.

And yeah, the friendly Comet drove into me at the beginning. I don't like having to pay people compensation when it's my rear end that has the dents in it.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 17:48   Link #2566
Sumeragi
Banned

After playing the Königstiger and the Löwe for so long, riding the regular Tiger is almost like flying.
Old 2013-02-04, 18:29   Link #2567
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It may be because of the skills I have right now on my KT, I've found that it actually handles better than the Tiger... Which is ironic, as it's the SAME veteran crew that used to drive the Tiger. It's just so... sluggish, and while the Tiger 2 has the same speed, it turns a whole lot better.
Old 2013-02-04, 18:36   Link #2568
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Finally got me my T34 American.
Old 2013-02-04, 18:37   Link #2569
Awrya
U mad?

The awesome moment when you use the Small First Aid kit to heal the driver, only to lose him again a minute after. Same with engine and small repair kit.
Old 2013-02-04, 18:44   Link #2570
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Its also awesome when your engine gets taken out when your driving toward water and you casually cruise to your watery grave....

=/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 19:10   Link #2571
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
After playing the Königstiger and the Löwe for so long, riding the regular Tiger is almost like flying.
Oh boy, if that is how you felt, imagine how I felt when I started playing the Chaffee after playing the KT, Tiger and IS for so long...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 19:21   Link #2572
brGabri

How you can get in the bunker on Karelia.

http://youtu.be/2ILAoo2OY_c
brGabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 19:23   Link #2573
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh boy, if that is how you felt, imagine how I felt when I started playing the Chaffee after playing the KT, Tiger and IS for so long...

- Tak
Man, at the rate I'm going, I'm probably going to hit the IS soon via the KV-1S (well, after coming back from my comprehensive exam review in two weeks anyway). How does it handle?
Old 2013-02-04, 19:24   Link #2574
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
I can switch my mentality between tanks. What was interesting for me was how different the Tiger felt from before.
Old 2013-02-04, 19:41   Link #2575
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Man, at the rate I'm going, I'm probably going to hit the IS soon via the KV-1S (well, after coming back from my comprehensive exam review in two weeks anyway). How does it handle?
Acceptable speed, very good turn rate, sloped armor and most of all... awesome gun.

Though you have to expect the gun to actually bounce a lot due to its relatively low pen value of 175. However, once you reach the next step, that is the IS-3, its 225 pen will feel very, very differently (for the better).

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 19:46   Link #2576
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

On another tack... Has anyone of us here hit the T69 US Autoloader yet? It seems fun, but GETTING there (it's a tier 8 after all) seems to be a huge grind, especially since the tanks that precede it (the T21 and the T71) aren't exactly spectacular.
Old 2013-02-04, 20:05   Link #2577
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I might start that line for the autoloader... the only problem is that it has a reload time similar to the arty.
Old 2013-02-04, 22:24   Link #2578
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I think the advantage to the later US autoloaders lies in the fact that they don't have paper-thin armor, AND have the HP to match (something that the French tanks don't have). Also, as shown by our match last night, the load times aren't bad, but you have to get used to running away whenever you need to reload heh.
Old 2013-02-04, 22:33   Link #2579
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
On another tack... Has anyone of us here hit the T69 US Autoloader yet? It seems fun, but GETTING there (it's a tier 8 after all) seems to be a huge grind, especially since the tanks that precede it (the T21 and the T71) aren't exactly spectacular.
T69, T54E1 are pretty close to being pay-to-win tanks. Their AP ammo is bad, but their premium ammo is much better. Against tier 10s, the AP ammo of both tanks aren't going to cut it, you'll need to use premium ammo unless you get rear shots. If you stick to regular ammo you'll do okay, but the T69 will rip teams apart with HEAT. T54E1 has the lowest penetration of any tier 9 tank. It's also the slowest medium tank of tier 9.

Their hit points are about equal to French heavies. The French heavies are much, much faster, but the Americans have faster reloads.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 01:02   Link #2580
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The lower pen values I think is a sort of balancing, due to the armor of the tanks. It means: you can unload all the clip on the enemy, but if he don't die you can surely retreat and even bounce some enemy shells while you do. It's the complete opposite of the french, that is, unload all your clip and if the target isn't dead, say your prayers because of your toilet paper armor that even a Tier 1 can pen will not help you.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks