AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-11, 11:56   Link #2341
Homura7

Because the last two volumes were outlined, someone else or his relatives should be able to finish his work.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 11:58   Link #2342
Miraluka
Banned

Perhaps, the editor could publish the remaining 2 volumes as a postume work like it happened with Trinity Blood.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 17:10   Link #2343
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jung View Post
Can somebody give me a link to the summaries for Volumes 17~20?
http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...on-etc.220679/

Links are somewhere in here.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 21:11   Link #2344
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Because the last two volumes were outlined, someone else or his relatives should be able to finish his work.
Any confirmation that it was outlined or that wishfull thinking. Anyway planning to only start reading if its completed, I can't stand incompletion.
Old 2013-04-12, 07:52   Link #2345
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Any confirmation that it was outlined or that wishfull thinking. Anyway planning to only start reading if its completed, I can't stand incompletion.
In spring 2011 Noboru Yamaguchi took a leave from work to undergo operation, he said that vol 21 would be delayed at least for 2 months.
Since then he returned to work in late 2011 and continued until Autum 2012 when it was evident that he was too sick to continue. He confirmed during that time that vol 21 was complete and only 22 remained.
Further reports indicate that he had gotten quite far on it already and in one twitter post he confirmed that ZnT would span for 22 volumes, thus implying that the ending was already planned and only had to be written down.
Furthermore he was involved with the creation of the fourth season of the ZnT anime and was very satisfied with it, so one can assume that his planned ending would've been similar, but more fleshed out as the LN is in comparison to the anime adaption.

There is a chance of it ZnT continuing towards its intended end, but since we have no official statement from MF Bunko we can only wait and see.
Could anyone go and ask them on their twitter? Please be as polite as you can if you do.

Last edited by amtro; 2013-04-12 at 08:05.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 21:39   Link #2346
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

(Hopefully this is the right thread, though this isn't so much LNs as short stories.)

Does anyone know anything about the side stories that supposedly came with ZnT season two DVDs? Someone on Baka-Tsuki forums asked about them (link here), but I couldn't find anything from just Google. (I still have a tiny doubt on whether these short stories even exist, much less finding the titles of them.)
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 16:24   Link #2347
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAAkira View Post
Does anyone know anything about the side stories that supposedly came with ZnT season two DVDs? Someone on Baka-Tsuki forums asked about them (link here), but I couldn't find anything from just Google. (I still have a tiny doubt on whether these short stories even exist, much less finding the titles of them.)
I have the DVDs, and yes -- the short stories do exist as described. There is one short story with in the special booklet that came with the first volume, and there is a six-part short story with each DVD for the second season (in a leaflet included with each). So really it's two short stories, and they're titled as follows:

With first anime DVD 1: とあるメイドのとある一日 (roughly "On a certain day for a certain maid")
6-part series with Futatsu no Kishi: 五年前 ("Five Years Ago")

(Incidentally, each of the six parts of the Five Years Ago series has a full-colour illustration from the light novel illustrator.)
Old 2013-04-29, 19:19   Link #2348
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

How much did the franchise reveal about Wales?

It's concrete that he's Henrietta's cousin via their fathers, and that he's a triangle wind mage, but that's about it. From LN v2, I guess I can infer that he fits the Determinator trope, and is maybe one of those who holds fast to his pride. LN v4, said he's the "eldest child", I think, so that probably means he has younger brothers? But other than that I don't know much.
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 08:08   Link #2349
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

after watching the series i felt like tabitha or henrietta deserve to be with saito, or perhaps a harem end

i would really like a full closure, but i'm not expecting anything
Old 2013-10-19, 09:32   Link #2350
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
after watching the series i felt like tabitha or henrietta deserve to be with saito, or perhaps a harem end
You forget that both are queens, their stations simply does not permit for a happy romantic life story. If it were discovered that they enamoured a (former) commoner (and a foreign one at that), it would cause political unrest in their respective kingdoms.
So no.

And harem ends are just downright degrading and humiliating for the girls.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 09:49   Link #2351
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
You forget that both are queens, their stations simply does not permit for a happy romantic life story. If it were discovered that they enamoured a (former) commoner (and a foreign one at that), it would cause political unrest in their respective kingdoms.
So no.

And harem ends are just downright degrading and humiliating for the girls.
i think everyone already knows that saito is a hero and everyone would be glad him to be a king because of his efforts. and also i guess that's your own personal opinion regarding harem ends but that still depends on the girls choice. it may or may not necessary be embarrassing and why would that be humiliating
Old 2013-10-19, 10:47   Link #2352
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

i would really like a full closure, but i'm not expecting anything
While I am big fan of Harem End, but I don't think Tabitha and Henrietta should be Saito's women. They simply aren't good enough to be Saita's women.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 11:14   Link #2353
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
While I am big fan of Harem End, but I don't think Tabitha and Henrietta should be Saito's women. They simply aren't good enough to be Saita's women.
OBJECTION!!!

At least they are better then Louise
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 11:26   Link #2354
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Henrietta: richer, prettier, more influential, kinder
Plus marrying her will likely save her from the fate of an eventual political marriage.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 11:44   Link #2355
Awrya
U mad?

Sorry to interrupt your discussion, but why is this thread in the Manga & Light Novels section and not the Zero no Tsukaima section?
Old 2013-10-19, 17:16   Link #2356
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
i think everyone already knows that saito is a hero and everyone would be glad him to be a king because of his efforts. and also i guess that's your own personal opinion regarding harem ends but that still depends on the girls choice. it may or may not necessary be embarrassing and why would that be humiliating
Being a Hero doesn't put you above the social conventions. Halkeginia's society does not work like in fairy tales. It is even mentionned in the novels by Colbert that a scandal may occur if something like this would be known. Keep in mind that Halkeginia is like the Earth's 17th century, an era of political conspiracies and intrigues. There are still nobles not supportive of the Queen, and sometimes nobles have their own private armies, they can easily make an alliance and attempt to overthrow the Queen and put someone of their liking in her place. Don't you know that every decision Henrietta makes she has to compromise with the nobility? She can't just do as she damn pleases, you know?

And there is the social norms. For ages in Halkeginia, royals married royals, the fact that a Hero comes out of nowhere and saves the world isn't going to bring down ages-old traditions and customs just because ''he is the Hero''. He will be thanked and rewarded as he deserves, but that's it. They will not make him King just for that.

Finally, harems end.
Spoiler for Rant:
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-10-19, 19:25   Link #2357
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Being a Hero doesn't put you above the social conventions. Halkeginia's society does not work like in fairy tales. It is even mentionned in the novels by Colbert that a scandal may occur if something like this would be known. Keep in mind that Halkeginia is like the Earth's 17th century, an era of political conspiracies and intrigues. There are still nobles not supportive of the Queen, and sometimes nobles have their own private armies, they can easily make an alliance and attempt to overthrow the Queen and put someone of their liking in her place. Don't you know that every decision Henrietta makes she has to compromise with the nobility? She can't just do as she damn pleases, you know?

And there is the social norms. For ages in Halkeginia, royals married royals, the fact that a Hero comes out of nowhere and saves the world isn't going to bring down ages-old traditions and customs just because ''he is the Hero''. He will be thanked and rewarded as he deserves, but that's it. They will not make him King just for that.
A legendary warrior of Saito's caliber is not someone you want to overthrow, that is assuming you can convince people of your country to raise arms against someone who saved the world in the first place. In a way, Saito can provide alternate benefits to the stability of a nation (so instead of becoming strong allies with a neighboring country and gain military support and other trade benefits, you simply get someone who can really keep your country in check).

Saito is not going to be crowned king, but rather act as Herietta's king consort and act as marshal of the force - similar to the current royal family in England.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 19:58   Link #2358
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
A legendary warrior of Saito's caliber is not someone you want to overthrow, that is assuming you can convince people of your country to raise arms against someone who saved the world in the first place. In a way, Saito can provide alternate benefits to the stability of a nation (so instead of becoming strong allies with a neighboring country and gain military support and other trade benefits, you simply get someone who can really keep your country in check).

Saito is not going to be crowned king, but rather act as Herietta's king consort and act as marshal of the force - similar to the current royal family in England.
''A legendary warrior of Saito's caliber''?
If I remember right, the whole takedown of the Ancient Dragon was a collective effort and Saito simply gave the final blow.

So much for ''legendary''. And I doubt one guy is going to stay alive long on his own, Saito is not a Super Saiyan, he has obvious limitations and there are ways to defeat him.

But I agree that Saito, the ''Gandalfr, could act as a mean of detterence of some sorts, just no need for him to be put on the throne (hint: see ''the Heavy Wind'').
Old 2013-10-19, 22:05   Link #2359
Sixth
Hu Tao

@allfictions

Ummmmm..the setting of ZnT was taking at medieval era, which having a concubine is totally acceptable for higher status people. In fact, Henrietta was aware of her grandfather's scandal and she seems doesn't mind about it. She actually encouraged it, and she was willingly to be Saito's women. This is the information I got from anime, so I am not sure whether this is stated in novel or not.

For me, Harem End is not actually bad if the male lead is competent, and the both sides are agreed about it.

Heck, even in modern day, many rich and powerful men have at least one mistress kept in their bays.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 22:15   Link #2360
Seitsuki
Onee!

I'm glad there are others who seem to hate harems with as burning a passion as I do.

The way most harems are written are downright degrading. There is one 'main' girl (Louise in this case) and the rest are tacked on as liking the MC for pretty much the reason of fanservice. The various additional 'heroines' are made to fill as many niches and fetishes as possible to appeal to different people. Seriously, that's like half the reason they exist. Enough meta; in verse this means that even if a harem end does eventuate they're second best to main girl and are basically getting the scraps. A consolation prize. The whole 'I know I'll never be number one but I'm ok with just being loved even a little' is the most bullshit humiliating train of thought I can imagine slapping someone with. Doesn't help the MC is usually a dense/perverted **** but they attract all the girls anyway because hey we need a story.

That said Seizon is awesome. That's how you do harem right. Most of the time it isn't done right and just showcases all that is wrong with the industry. For the love of god let this genre die.

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen