AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-08-05, 18:20   Link #4081
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Traces of your Tears Chapter 5 is out.
Warning: fanfic rated R- darkness, graphic violence and scary Level 5s.

You can read it here:
Chapter 5- Traces of your Tears
Or on my blog (click on my signature)

Thank you ^^

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 03:27   Link #4082
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post

You can read it here:

Thank you ^^
So what just happened?
Old 2013-08-06, 03:29   Link #4083
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

That chapter was really well written! After that fit of murderous rage on Misaka's part, I'm looking forward to how exactly how they'll work together to escape this situation.

Something else that's really great about the story is how natural the narrative flows. The overall despairing tone of the Sisters arc was captured really well. I think this is the only English Accelerator and Misaka pairing fic I've seen, which makes it stand out.

The only stange thing I noticed in this chapter was the description of Accelerator's eyes. Aren't they usually red?
Old 2013-08-06, 04:40   Link #4084
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

I've been thinking this for awhile

its mainly comedic adventure , The plot Its about Touma accidentally buying a manga/Doujin titled How to protect an Electromagnetic Railgun in a certain used book store , he wonders what in the world is this all about , curiosity gets the better of our protagonist ...... ( Its doujin about him and Mikoto doing it in the city, at the river ..... ( Fu kou da moment) the text message on his phone that there are 5 more doujins like those scatter around AC ... So it begins the certain road to Shuraba days .....
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 04:46   Link #4085
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
I've been thinking this for awhile

its mainly comedic adventure , The plot Its about Touma accidentally buying a manga/Doujin titled How to protect an Electromagnetic Railgun in a certain used book store , he wonders what in the world is this all about , curiosity gets the better of our protagonist ...... ( Its doujin about him and Mikoto doing it in the city, at the river ..... ( Fu kou da moment) the text message on his phone that there are 5 more doujins like those scatter around AC ... So it begins the certain road to Shuraba days .....
Fukou da indeed. The only thing that could make it worse is if people who know Touma or Mikoto find one of them first, or worse, Kuroko.
Old 2013-08-06, 05:00   Link #4086
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Fukou da indeed. The only thing that could make it worse is if people who know Touma or Mikoto find one of them first, or worse, Kuroko.
Plot twist : actually there a Doujin title How to protect a certain lvl 4 Teleporter Touma must
find and destroy those Doujin before anyone can get there hand on it ( or face the consequences )

Spoiler for The respondsible for making those Doujin of Touma X insert Girl(s) name:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 06:29   Link #4087
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So what just happened?
Uhmmm... did you read the story? :S *gets a bit worried...*

Quote:
That chapter was really well written! After that fit of murderous rage on Misaka's part, I'm looking forward to how exactly how they'll work together to escape this situation.

Something else that's really great about the story is how natural the narrative flows. The overall despairing tone of the Sisters arc was captured really well. I think this is the only English Accelerator and Misaka pairing fic I've seen, which makes it stand out.

The only stange thing I noticed in this chapter was the description of Accelerator's eyes. Aren't they usually red?
Thank you very much ^^ I really appreciate the feedback and encouragement! About Accel's eyes... I actually always thought they were grey He's an albino, but not a true albino, if you get what I mean. He's only an albino because of his ability, right? So my logic was that his eyes would be more of a "normal" colour too...

Old 2013-08-06, 06:50   Link #4088
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Uhmmm... did you read the story? :S *gets a bit worried...*
So did Mikoto awaken or something else happen to her that made her powerful?
Old 2013-08-06, 07:01   Link #4089
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So did Mikoto awaken or something else happen to her that made her powerful?

*awkward moment*

So you did actually read it..? Or did I really not pull it off well enough...? It sounds like you're confused by my writing...

No, nothing like that... Uhhh...

Spoiler for Spoiler for Chapter 5:

Old 2013-08-06, 07:10   Link #4090
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

*awkward moment*

So you did actually read it..? Or did I really not pull it off well enough...? It sounds like you're confused by my writing...

No, nothing like that... Uhhh...

Spoiler for Spoiler for Chapter 5:
Oh.

Ok then.

-Leaves before more awkwardness ensues.-
Old 2013-08-06, 07:14   Link #4091
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
As I was writing my fic, I discovered a terrible name pun...

Spoiler for Episode 2 epilogue:

Not sure on the pun but I was rewatching Fourze and then... there was a dragon MotW... and it was named Dragon and its signature features are the fact it's made of steel
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 08:40   Link #4092
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Not sure on the pun but I was rewatching Fourze and then... there was a dragon MotW... and it was named Dragon and its signature features are the fact it's made of steel
Actually, this all began because the Author created Dragon Rider. I was in the process of rebooting Tainaka Tarou when I saw that, and realized how much it fit Tarou. It was almost as-if it was made for him. Learning that it was built for Anti-Skill made me chuckle even more, for another of Tarou's posse, Tachibana Chiaki of Judgement 174 has an older sister, Tachibana Kanade, who is part of a crack unit of Anti-Skill.

Tarou's original name was Masked Detective STEEL, and I was inspired by the Metal Dragonslayer from Fairy Tail during his earlier design. I also saw the chance to fit the in-universe tale of the Dragon representing the evil in the world, which the Christian world has pinned on the secular technological population. The dragon imagery keeps recurring in all the random places, like on Touma's arm, codenames, St George and the Dragon, etc. Furthermore, the entity called Black Mask/Kuroikamen who is haunting Tarou was created in a similar fashion to how Aiwass was manifested and Kazakiri birthed, and Aiwass was called the DRAGON.

I decided to incorporate the dragon name into Tarou's rebooted design, and the masked detective that rides a bike while haunted by a psychic dragon apparition came to its convoluted being. It was only later when Wizard started going full on ELEMENTAL DORAGON when I felt "oh hey, another rider ref" and gave Tarou a Stage 2 evolution named Steel Doragon.

Long story short, I completely forgot about the steel dragon in Fourze! (Though if you noticed, the theme of the next Rider series always is related to a MotW of the previous one, like a Memory named GREED appearing in Double, a space-freak appearing in OOO, and now a dragon appearing in Fourze)

But, you know why its even more appropriate? Kongou Mitsuko, a recurring heroine, is heir to Katou's Kongou Aviation Industry, a canon organization I purposed for my fic that works semi-antagonistically with Tarou like OOO and Kato that builds planes and spacecraft. Tarou would work with them more and more, using his expert metallurgy to create beasts of LOLSCIENCE. And flying weapons have long been likened to steel dragons in China, which is how Steel Dragon 'manifests' himself in reality, through Tarou's Metal Control. XD
Old 2013-08-06, 08:41   Link #4093
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:

You can read it here:

Thank you ^^
That was really good, although now I'm desperate to know if they will get their powers back or not.
Old 2013-08-06, 08:52   Link #4094
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@meister: I would love to see such come to fruition

the dragon imagery never quite dawned on me but since you pointed it out...

OOO's and wizard are ironically my ideal riders to put in TAMNI so I find it ironic you reference them too.
Old 2013-08-06, 08:58   Link #4095
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@meister: I would love to see such come to fruition

the dragon imagery never quite dawned on me but since you pointed it out...

OOO's and wizard are ironically my ideal riders to put in TAMNI so I find it ironic you reference them too.
I for one felt that Dragon Rider paved a way for me to do a Tokusatsu-type not!Gunha character, and once I looked at all the rules available, realized that it was actually possible!

Episode 2 has Tarou experimenting with different henshin poses until crawling chaos Chiaki, voiced by Asumi Kana, comes and space CQC rider kicks some sense into him.

Ie, there's more rider coming without actually involving riders at all. Just waiting for me to finish my exams and continue writing.
Old 2013-08-06, 09:10   Link #4096
demino_hellsin
That one guy

a kamen rider is not designated by any one person or being. It is a title bestowed upon them by the people he protects. It signifies a trust and belief in that person despite not knowing their true face or intentions. When someone calls out to a kamen rider, they call for a hero. For the sake of such trust, kamen riders fight until their life's limit.

Old 2013-08-06, 09:19   Link #4097
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
a kamen rider is not designated by any one person or being. It is a title bestowed upon them by the people he protects. It signifies a trust and belief in that person despite not knowing their true face or intentions. When someone calls out to a kamen rider, they call for a hero. For the sake of such trust, kamen riders fight until their life's limit.

Spoiler for Can I use this?:
Old 2013-08-06, 09:23   Link #4098
demino_hellsin
That one guy

go ahead good sir. I basically just compiled what Ryuuki, Decade and W defined Kamen Riders as.
Old 2013-08-06, 12:50   Link #4099
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Thank you very much ^^ I really appreciate the feedback and encouragement! About Accel's eyes... I actually always thought they were grey He's an albino, but not a true albino, if you get what I mean. He's only an albino because of his ability, right? So my logic was that his eyes would be more of a "normal" colour too...
It's really hard to tell in the anime, but they're definitely red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 3 Chapter 2
It was summer break, so on that evening in Academy City, the street was filled with boys and girls wearing casual clothes. As Misaka Imouto was wearing a school uniform, she stood out quite a bit.

However, she did not stand out nearly as much as the boy she had spotted.

The boy’s hair and skin were dreadfully white. They were white, but they were the opposite of the image of purity white often gave. This white was a very dirty white. That rotten white was accentuated by the fact that his clothes were all black.

And there were his eyes.

Those eyes were red like fresh blood, crimson like burning flames, and scarlet like the depths of hell.

He was amid a distant crowd, but the boy’s presence was simply too vivid. The special boy was not doing anything in particular. The exceptional boy really was not doing much of anything.

Yet the mere fact that hellish boy was standing on that peaceful street was abnormal.

He was Accelerator.

He was the strongest Level 5 in Academy City…no, probably in the entire world.
Other than that, everything's pretty much perfect.
Old 2013-08-06, 15:26   Link #4100
omega253

Alright I've lost some inspiration after my last 2 snippets and a rather ..... insulting comment from someone on TFF. Should I make a snippet of OnePunch!Touma visiting his enemies in the hospital? Because instead of Touma ending up in the hospital, his enemies will be beaten up to such an extent that they need the Heaven Canceller to survive and get back to 100% health. I already have a vague idea of Touma visiting Kanzaki (and possibly Stiyl) in the hospital after the Index Arc.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction