Old 2010-07-12, 16:43   Link #1141
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^LAWL...goodness I'd love to hear Kohta make some boin boin sounds hahahahhahah
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:45   Link #1142
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Seems the airing on ATX is getting a bit of the censor treatment now.
Old 2010-07-12, 16:49   Link #1143
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
In most shows though the leader is usually not the badass one though. He might have badass moments but is usually not the all the time badass member of the crew. That's because the type of people to do those kinds of things are somewhat crazy to an extent and the role of the leader is to be rationale and sane. Although there is always a time when the leader needs to go out and kick some ass.
I'm pretty sure we'll see all the characters showing at least some insanity. I know Takashi had a sort of evil smile on his face when he used the water to knock out "them" on the roof. I liked Saeko's evil smiles a lot more though

We had some personality change from Kouta in this ep, and a breakdown from Saya.

The main question I have though is judging by the preview the outbreak is worldwide, so what the hell caused it. I still think it's odd how fast it spread through out the school and how quickly the number of "them" climbed. I wonder if it's something airborne that only activates if the person dies and then once they actually become one of "them" they can pass it on through bites and the virus is now more lethal.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 17:13   Link #1144
Silverwyrm

those sound effects on the nurse are god awful, they need to axe that...

I was hearing boing sounds even when they WERNT bouncing, I mean REALLY!?
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 18:12   Link #1145
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah Hirano is his name, and from the looks of it, it's one a lot of us won't be forgetting for a long time.
Yeah he was awesome but I found it that they made him look too much of a wuss in the beginning compared to the manga let's just say...guess it shows how much more it had a effect on me.

Also I am guessing that the director does indeed have the plans of making max bouncing breasts but now there might be shaking ass. Personally I think it makes more of a joke than ecchi effect in this series.....I had some problems adjusting from serious to comedy in regards to that.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 18:21   Link #1146
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Watching it a second time with subs on. Blacking out a drill to the head is beyond redundant in a show where gore is the norm. If this keeps up (and surely it will) then we will have to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray release to enjoy it 100%. How grating.
Old 2010-07-12, 18:26   Link #1147
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
Watching it a second time with subs on. Blacking out a drill to the head is beyond redundant in a show where gore is the norm.
There's seeing blood here and there, and then there's a drill going straight into a person's (zombie) head and seeing it being destroyed into millions of pieces. Not really the same.

It's understandable that such scenes would be censored for TV.
Old 2010-07-12, 18:44   Link #1148
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
Watching it a second time with subs on. Blacking out a drill to the head is beyond redundant in a show where gore is the norm. If this keeps up (and surely it will) then we will have to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray release to enjoy it 100%. How grating.
No but seriously the censors were just Is there really I uncensored version to be out 2 days after the AT-X one? They did this with Seikon no Qwaser so why not with this?
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 19:33   Link #1149
Qikz

Hirano was amazing in this episode, does anyone have a gif of the moment when he turns around and has that massive grin? I really loved that bit, amazingly done.

Great episode once again, the ending was so good. O_O
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 19:36   Link #1150
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
No but seriously the censors were just Is there really I uncensored version to be out 2 days after the AT-X one? They did this with Seikon no Qwaser so why not with this?

I don't recall the actual details, but the "normal" channels later this week are mostly uncensored.
And then there is the Aichi version later this week, which is a mess of black smears.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 19:46   Link #1151
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Was I the only one humming the A-team tune during this, admittedly, short scene.

Anyway great episode, much better then the first one.
MacGyver sounds better.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 19:56   Link #1152
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Seikon no Qwaser iirc starts on normal TV station as a censored version, followed by AT-X that aired the same title few days later except its uncensored version.

HOTD on the other hand, airs the uncensored version first on AT-X before other TV stations follow with the censored version days later.

On most cases, its usually the TV station that airs the anime first before AT-X, which explain why usually the censored version appear first before the uncensored version.

But occasionally there are times when AT-X is given the privilege to air the anime first before TV station, like HOTD, and when this occurs, you will usually find the uncensored version appeared before censored version.

Also, there are no other station other than AT-X that airs an anime with censorship lesser than AT-X does. If you want to find a completely uncensored version of HOTD, then wait for the BD/DVD. So for now, just bare with the AT-X version. Its already good as it is, way better than Aichi version.

But not all anime that being censored in TV station version, comes up as an uncensored version in AT-X. For example, B Gata H Kei, where the censors (oni censor ) were done by the studio itself and not the TV station / AT-X, so in this case, you will see that both TV station and AT-X version aired the same censored version of B Gata H Kei.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 19:59   Link #1153
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I keep getting confused because "Occult Academy" is a synonym for "High School of the Dead" ! LOL

I think Saya cries too much but I this is part of her appeal? But yeah, I agree, out of all the girls, she's the hottest. The blonde one with the ripped skirt is also hot. Because she has a ripped skirt. And other things.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:00   Link #1154
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's seeing blood here and there, and then there's a drill going straight into a person's (zombie) head and seeing it being destroyed into millions of pieces. Not really the same.
Despite drilling into a zombie's brain, splattering blood and brain matter all over the place, it is truly AMAZING that none of them seems to fly into Saya's mouth or eyes. What a lucky girl.
Old 2010-07-12, 20:09   Link #1155
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Despite drilling into a zombie's brain, splattering blood and brain matter all over the place, it is truly AMAZING that none of them seems to fly into Saya's mouth or eyes. What a lucky girl.
That's not lucky. That's intended
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:10   Link #1156
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
That's not lucky. That's intended
Yea, shes a genius she can do anything she puts her mind to. That included.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:15   Link #1157
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
I keep getting confused because "Occult Academy" is a synonym for "High School of the Dead" ! LOL

I think Saya cries too much but I this is part of her appeal? But yeah, I agree, out of all the girls, she's the hottest. The blonde one with the ripped skirt is also hot. Because she has a ripped skirt. And other things.
Oh yes. That barely-there thong, at least, that's what I think it is. I hope we find out.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:30   Link #1158
ZeKeR
Superbad

seriously..... when kouta looks excited, just like he held that improvised nail gun, he looks like he's slain shitloads of zombies when donning that sinister grin....

also..... i am surprised that saeko's bokken never broke.....
Old 2010-07-12, 20:37   Link #1159
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
seriously..... when kouta looks excited, just like he held that improvised nail gun, he looks like he's slain shitloads of zombies when donning that sinister grin....

also..... i am surprised that saeko's bokken never broke.....
I can't wait to see how they develop his character, one thing I can't understand is how he's become a gun otaku in a country where they outlaw the possesion of guns (I think?). Amazing character though and I really like the girl with the pink hair too.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:44   Link #1160
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
lol, I'm not even sure what to think about this. It's zombie comedy meets anime.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse