Notices

Old 2008-09-02, 18:28   Link #7221
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
but thats ep 22
still three more eps for them to fuck it all up
I meant too convenient to end their relationship and seperate them. As in she conveniently moves past the same feelings that had her ready to die with him 3 episodes ago.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:30   Link #7222
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I meant too convenient to end their relationship and seperate them. As in she conveniently moves past the same feelings that had her ready to die with him 3 episodes ago.
Seconded. All this season they've been moving her closer to Lelouch, and apparently diminishing her role as a pilot. To simply cut it off after all this would be a total and contradictory waste.
Old 2008-09-02, 18:32   Link #7223
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Seconded. All this season they've been moving her closer to Lelouch, and apparently diminishing her role as a pilot. To simply cut it off after all this would be a total and contradictory waste.
Lelouch hasn't been pushed closer to her though. Do you see the problem? And really...all of the fucking interruptions are to blame.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:32   Link #7224
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised about it since there has been plenty of waste in the past few episodes. All we can hope for is that they don't make all of Kallen's character development for nothing and toss it away. Now I still don't think they will end up together but I feel like her development is still important and shouldn't just be tossed aside in one episode.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:33   Link #7225
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
@var
she isnt past him
she has been TRYING to move on past him which is why she doesnt want to open herself up to anymore pain
it wont last once she knows he actually means it
its just a reason for the gum line
@fox
the witch in the dungeon was a joke
but its a way to say that every ruler has his shadow people who stay out of the public eye
Old 2008-09-02, 18:35   Link #7226
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Lelouch hasn't been pushed closer to her though. Do you see the problem? And really...all of the fucking interruptions are to blame.
That's where I'd disagree. He nearly chases after her in 7, asks her to go back with him to Ashford in 9, outburst in 10, calling her one of his precious things in 11, 7 more episodes of wanting to save her in the previews, and finally 19 speaks for itself.
Old 2008-09-02, 18:38   Link #7227
Var
Banned

Quote:
@var
she isnt past him
she has been TRYING to move on past him which is why she doesnt want to open herself up to anymore pain
it wont last once she knows he actually means it
its just a reason for the gum line
I understand, but my point still stands that this feels like an overly convenient way for them to end their relationship in one fell swoop. Mayhaps I am just being overly negative. Who knows.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:39   Link #7228
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
I understand, but my point still stands that this feels like an overly convenient way for them to end their relationship in one fell swoop. Mayhaps I am just being overly negative. Who knows.
Well I think at this point you almost have to take what they give you because they are obviously in a hurry to clear everything up for an ending.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:40   Link #7229
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
No you are probably right. It's a dangerous move since the Lelouch/Kallen thing is basically the only interesting thing the anime has going for it at the moment. If Lelouch made it clear to Kallen that he wasn't romantically interested in her during episode 22...I would contemplate not even watching 23-25.
Old 2008-09-02, 18:41   Link #7230
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

he also freaked when she was about to face rolo in ep 2

face it TheDisruptiveOne
he went from being willing to threaten suzaku with a bomb even if it would also kill her in ep 25
to risk losing his entire army and finally his own life for her sake in the span of one season

@var
its not the end
its the start of their relationship
Old 2008-09-02, 18:42   Link #7231
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Not concluding the series all because of a pairing?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:45   Link #7232
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
I haven't seen all the Gundam and the other series made by Sunrise, but normally doesn't the hero of the stories get the girl he was aiming after. At least the one in the second season. I'm referring to Gundam Seed. I remember there was S-Cryed, but that anime was more about the fighting. Code Geass is closer to a war time drama like Gundam.
Normally, the love interest that is pushed the hardest near the end is the one the hero gets.

I think the one month time gap has less to do with the characters relationships and has more to do with plot.
If Schneizel had this great powerful station filled with FLEIJA bombs before why didn't he just pull it out and use it in the absence of the emperor and take over the world?
I think because he didn't have it or it wasn't complete.

If he had just pulled this giant thing out of his ass as soon as Lelouch became emperor everyone would be asking, "If he had that why didn't he use it yet."
I think the answer is that it wasn't finished yet.
My theory is that for the most part this episode is going to be more light hearted then it's been in a while. It looks like everything is going to come to a close. Then just near the end Schneizel will appear with his weapons and the best hostage of all time against Lelouch inside of it.

I just find it hard to believe that Kallen and Lelouch's relationship has been building since they were both 16. They are now 18 going on 19. That's years it's been building. I don't see why things would of changed so drastically because of a one month gap. She is obviously there at Ashford to see him. He must have announced Japan's freedom. Otherwise I don't see why she would be standing in Ashford in Black Knights garb. That would mean she's no longer seen as a criminal there. Though it will be interesting if it was Lelouch who contacted her.
Old 2008-09-02, 18:50   Link #7233
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

i am more of the dynamic of Kallen is to Lelouch with the nunnaly fiasco going to happen.
If Kallen is this surprise about Lelouch.
Imagine how Lelouch is going to feel about nunnally not being dead.
It is a big parellel.
As both love nunnally.
I see Kallen helping lelouch getting nunnally is this is not only for lelouch but also for herself.
As Kallen says, "nunnally saved me"
I think she would return the favor, and help in the endeavor thus i am not as pessimistic as you all.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 18:54   Link #7234
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
he also freaked when she was about to face rolo in ep 2

face it TheDisruptiveOne
he went from being willing to threaten suzaku with a bomb even if it would also kill her in ep 25
to risk losing his entire army and finally his own life for her sake in the span of one season

@var
its not the end
its the start of their relationship
If Lelouch were in similar circumstances...I'm not convinced that he wouldn't do things exactly the same.

The most notable thing he did was in episode 10 when he went straight into Xingke's trap to try and get Kallen back, but things have changed since then. Shirley died, he killed his parents, Nunnally died (he thinks she is dead). I don't think he would make that choice again.
Old 2008-09-02, 18:59   Link #7235
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

having considered it again i think they would get together next ep
i base this theory on the events of season 1 eps 20 and 21
ep 21 of this season did mirror one of the events that happened in 20 of season 1
namely lulu and suzaku joining forces
but it didnt have the importent event of ep 20
the final confrmation of euphie and suzakus love

but next ep cant mirror just ep 21 of season 1 since while it takes place in ashford and has one of britannias royalty make a deleration that would shock the world it also has a great deal of KMF combat and the new introduction of the albion (the lancelot+a flying unit)
hence i believe that ep 22 will mirror both eps 20 and 21 at the same time
which means that there must be a resolution between lulu (since this season he has taken on the role of the hero with love problems, while suzaku had none) and one of the girls
i say its kallen since at this point in the plot she seems more likely then C.C
i also think it would have a kallen suzaku co op against the KOR since ep 20 had the lancelot and gawein fighting together and ep 21 had suzaku and kallen reach an understanding

thats my theory
dont shoot me if im wrong
Old 2008-09-02, 19:01   Link #7236
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I could see Kallen making sure all the other KoR don't interfere with Suzaku and Bismarck's battle. It certainly would be interesting.
Old 2008-09-02, 19:04   Link #7237
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
I could see Kallen making sure all the other KoR don't interfere with Suzaku and Bismarck's battle. It certainly would be interesting.
it also maps on to my gum line theory
they talk at school
he starts telling her about how he feels but she wont have any of it and leaves (suzaku turning down euphie in ep 20)
then she shows up at just the right time to save his butt thus showing him shes ready
Old 2008-09-02, 19:13   Link #7238
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

since ep 23 will mirror ep 22 of season 1 (lulu having to confront his sister who he loves) that makes it all the more likely
Old 2008-09-02, 19:15   Link #7239
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Can we say SEITEN rape, anyone? Yep, so much for the Rounds being aces.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 19:17   Link #7240
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Can we say SEITEN rape, anyone? Yep, so much for the Rounds being aces.
Lloyd and Cecile are winning all of the battles now.