AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-18, 10:50   Link #4481
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
I guess I see it differently than you two. Lets see, first I partially agree with Dragon Slave = Starlight Breaker. The thing is, Dragon Slave has a much wider area of destruction, and what makes it h4xx is... its purely elemental/physical damage! Barriers aside, you could level that GC tower with one of them, as well as all of Mid-Childa with a few of them. They're like mini nukes. Not even Dieci's S rank canon looked that big. If I had to categorize this one, I'd say its SS-SSS rank. In Nanohaverse, that's h4xx!
You think? The impact of Starlight Breaker in episode 10 has just as big a radius -if not bigger- then Dragon Slave (not to mention that Dragon Slave's damage radius tends to differ, just like Starlight Breaker).
Old 2007-07-18, 11:07   Link #4482
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Uses fire ... slays Dragons ... now if a bit of darkness/chaos is added ... Arcas can learn Dragon Slave
Ummm... NO! (Magi-Nation reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Can't wait!

You'll be surprised by how much I know already. But I don't think I should divulge them for the privacy of our fellow forumers.

Wait for the spell list. (Do you think an Arrow Over Ray Storm would be nice?)
Won't have to much longer! Day I will be done before the day is out, and hopefully, so will Day II!

Arrow Over Ray Storm? <Mr. Burns impression> Eeexcellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Go ahead. If you want spying, the Rogues aren't shy to do so. Though they tend to make... loud, flashy exits when discovered.
Okay... they'll be at long range then.
Old 2007-07-18, 11:17   Link #4483
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
In OCverse it's just AWWWRIGHT! Well, actually I wasn't serious suggesting bringing Dragon Slave in, it just randomly popped into my mind when I've read about Arcas the Dragonslayer learning fire magic

I think I'll go add all my updates to the actual posts with characters' profiles.
Haha, dont worry, I know you werent serious. I just love Slayers so discussing about it makes me go .

Quote:
You think? The impact of Starlight Breaker in episode 10 has just as big a radius -if not bigger- then Dragon Slave (not to mention that Dragon Slave's damage radius tends to differ, just like Starlight Breaker).
Of course, it all depends on how much energy Nanoha puts into her Starlight Breaker. So yes, you're totally right. Damage radius aside, though, SLB does purely magical damage, while the other does purely physical... so in Nanohaverse, that is "hacking"... and literally, because nukes are banned. A couple Dragon Slaves and bye bye Mid-Childa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
3. Wait till you see who are Sophia's batchmates. And I heard a big star is coming to visit... And I think she's gonna blow her mind when she meets them.

Ah hello Miss Arika, nice to meet you, right this way please...

4. Not really. Dark Crusade introduces the Necrons as a playable side on the Villians, while for the good guys, it's the HAK and the Licht von Belka, making Saint Church have 4 armies under their banner, just like the old days.

It'll be more balanced if someone introduced the Chaos faction, so you go ahead. I recommend Dios for a hero there, and the Vidalia Heresy can also play a big part.

As much as Mai fits the bill, I wonder if she can be recruited under Chaos...

~~~New intelligence data updated~~~

Previously, we had a post of what you could deploy from the Alexei Gateway without additional structures. It has been updated with more descriptions, and a basic unit I missed out with a slip of mind.

Now lets go with another basic structure, the Beastiary!
Spoiler for The Beastiary:
Out of time. Up next, HAK's heroes deployed from the Shrine of Maidens!

And prepare yourselves for...

(reads spoiler card)

Mai-IMOUTO?!
3. A nano-machine user in a pure magic faction?? That's cheating!!!

4. Sure I'll make it. I just need more canon info to see if I can squeeze this faction into the story somehow. Else they will be just like Necrons, a new threat in our OCverse. If you want me to post the faction without any background, I can do it right now... I thought this up a long time ago. So far the only thing linking these guys to Nanohaverse is two of my character's Lost Logia (Relics).

Good idea about Dios and Mai. I'll see what I can do about them. What is Vidalia Heresy, though? I dont recall that.

5. Nice choice of bestiary. Definitely fits well with the rest of the units.

But... MAI-IMOUTOU?!? I gotta see this!
Old 2007-07-18, 12:00   Link #4484
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Of course, it all depends on how much energy Nanoha puts into her Starlight Breaker. So yes, you're totally right. Damage radius aside, though, SLB does purely magical damage, while the other does purely physical...
I'm still not convinced that a direct hit to a normal human with a Starlight Breaker would do no damage. Why else would Nanoha and Fate protect Arisa and Suzuka with barriers? Why else was there that big splashing colum of water when Nanoha shot Fate? And the only reason the city was still standing when Reinforce I shot that Starlight Breaker was because of the barrier.

Quote:
so in Nanohaverse, that is "hacking"... and literally, because nukes are banned. A couple Dragon Slaves and bye bye Mid-Childa...
You misunderstand. Technollogical nukes are banned. Magical nukes are still allowed... as long as they are in the millitary.

And it would take more then 'a couple' of Dragon Slaves to blow up mid-childa. You'd have to be casting Dragon Slave over and over thousands of times to blow a planet out of existance. you're making the spell sound much more powerfull then it is. Even a strengthened Dragon Slave could only blow up about a fifth of Seyruun. Most nukes available here in real life would have whiped the entire city off the map.
Old 2007-07-18, 12:14   Link #4485
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

I was watching the original Ghostbusters the other day, and it inspired me to write this little parody of two scenes from the movie.

Spoiler for Who ya gonna call?:

So, whaddya think?
Old 2007-07-18, 12:17   Link #4486
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
I was watching the original Ghostbusters the other day, and it inspired me to write this little parody of two scenes from the movie.

Spoiler for Who ya gonna call?:

So, whaddya think?
1word, LOL
Old 2007-07-18, 12:40   Link #4487
Erio
Hiromi

A Slayers discussion! I like this.

Quote:
I'm still not convinced that a direct hit to a normal human with a Starlight Breaker would do no damage. Why else would Nanoha and Fate protect Arisa and Suzuka with barriers? Why else was there that big splashing colum of water when Nanoha shot Fate? And the only reason the city was still standing when Reinforce I shot that Starlight Breaker was because of the barrier.
Well I didnt say a SLB would not do any damage. However, it has been proven that it does not do PHYSICAL damage, or not much... Or I guess YnS's SLB was modified to not do any physical damage? I'm not sure. The thing is, its a magical attack, so even if it does do a bit of physical damage, its not 100% like Dragon Slave.

And while the part about the barrier could be debatable (I personally dont have a clue), Amy did say "there was no physical damage" after the explosion.

Quote:
You misunderstand. Technollogical nukes are banned. Magical nukes are still allowed... as long as they are in the millitary.

And it would take more then 'a couple' of Dragon Slaves to blow up mid-childa. You'd have to be casting Dragon Slave over and over thousands of times to blow a planet out of existance. you're making the spell sound much more powerfull then it is. Even a strengthened Dragon Slave could only blow up about a fifth of Seyruun. Most nukes available here in real life would have whiped the entire city off the map.
For some reason I highly doubt the TSAB would allow nukes of any type, even in the hands of their most trusted. They dont even allow flying inside the city without permission. So I'm pretty sure such type of spell is prohibited.

But no, I dont 'misunderstand'. I know what you mean, and I know about conventional weapons. You could say I was twisting the idea a bit to prove my point.

As for the second point, I should have said "Mid-Childa capital". Cranagar, was it? While a 'couple' wont completely wipe it out, two well placed ones will totally devastate the city. Surely the TSAB wont allow mages to have such dangerous spells running around. And also... I did say "mini-nuke" when comparing a Dragon Slave.

In any case, Dragon Slave IS an over SS rank spell, considering its destructive power. A character with such power is truly powerful, by Nanohaverse standards.
Old 2007-07-18, 13:03   Link #4488
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
A Slayers discussion! I like this.
*poses dramatically* You shall not defeat me that easilly!

Quote:
Well I didnt say a SLB would not do any damage. However, it has been proven that it does not do PHYSICAL damage, or not much... Or I guess YnS's SLB was modified to not do any physical damage? I'm not sure.
Proven? Where? In the battle with Fate? There was a huge colum of splashing water. That means it was physical.

You have to keep in mind that barrier jackets are called like that for a reason: They automatically create both a barrier and a field spell. This should explain why a large scale attack leaves little in the way of wounds, but one would still feel like he or she has been rolled over like a ten-ton steamroler (you can't lessen the feeling of the impact, after all).

Quote:
The thing is, its a magical attack, so even if it does do a bit of physical damage, its not 100% like Dragon Slave.
I know it's not the same (Dragon Slave calls upon the power of a Mazoku lord, after all) but the difference is not that much. It does do physicall damage, but barriers (or lazy animation, whichever you want) prevents us from seeing it.

Quote:
And while the part about the barrier could be debatable (I personally dont have a clue), Amy did say "there was no physical damage" after the explosion.
*re-checks A's 10* She does? when? I want to check her tone of voice when she says that.

Quote:
For some reason I highly doubt the TSAB would allow nukes of any type, even in the hands of their most trusted. They dont even allow flying inside the city without permission. So I'm pretty sure such type of spell is prohibited.
Hayate already smashed that theory to itty-bitty bits.

Quote:
But no, I dont 'misunderstand'. I know what you mean, and I know about conventional weapons. You could say I was twisting the idea a bit to prove my point.
This one learns fast....

Quote:
As for the second point, I should have said "Mid-Childa capital". Cranagar, was it? While a 'couple' wont completely wipe it out, two well placed ones will totally devastate the city.
*Shrug* no arguments there.

Quote:
Surely the TSAB wont allow mages to have such dangerous spells running around. And also... I did say "mini-nuke" when comparing a Dragon Slave.
*cough*Hayate*cough*

Quote:
In any case, Dragon Slave IS an over SS rank spell, considering its destructive power. A character with such power is truly powerful, by Nanohaverse standards.
I still say it's about equal level to Starlight Breaker, which mind you, is still S rank in terms of power.
Old 2007-07-18, 14:37   Link #4489
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
*poses dramatically* You shall not defeat me that easilly!

Quote:
Proven? Where? In the battle with Fate? There was a huge colum of splashing water. That means it was physical.

You have to keep in mind that barrier jackets are called like that for a reason: They automatically create both a barrier and a field spell. This should explain why a large scale attack leaves little in the way of wounds, but one would still feel like he or she has been rolled over like a ten-ton steamroler (you can't lessen the feeling of the impact, after all).

I know it's not the same (Dragon Slave calls upon the power of a Mazoku lord, after all) but the difference is not that much. It does do physicall damage, but barriers (or lazy animation, whichever you want) prevents us from seeing it.
You know, I think we're on the same page here, thinking the same way, but for some reason our arguments do not concur with each other.

Lets try this again: SLB does mainly magical damage, and some physical damage. I would say a 90/10 ratio. Or even bigger percentage for the magical damage part.

So yes, it does some physical damage. No argument there.

Quote:
*re-checks A's 10* She does? when? I want to check her tone of voice when she says that.
This one is my bad, I mixed up this explosion with Shamal's Annihilation Lightning spell in episode 5.

However, I believe the two events are somewhat similar. Both explosions were inside this "barrier" and both did not destroy any buildings. So from this I concluded that SLB does not do much physical damage either. And at least Yami no Sho's SLB did not appear to do any physical damage at all. Of course, this may have been hidden from us.

Quote:
You talking about that ice attack in episode 2?

I still stand by my theory. At least that ice attack did not blow everything up... and as shown it is very useful to take the fire out.

Quote:
This one learns fast....

*Shrug* no arguments there.
*nods* At least one point where we come to an agreement.

Quote:
*cough*Hayate*cough*
Read above.

Quote:
I still say it's about equal level to Starlight Breaker, which mind you, is still S rank in terms of power.
It was S rank 9 years ago, though... maybe its more powerful now? And if I recall correctly, wasnt SLB EX+ SS rank? (Or SLB+... something like that)
Old 2007-07-18, 14:43   Link #4490
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

- 2 words. Dramatic Effect. Pretty much how there's stuff like explosions that look like they can kill, and smoke and such...like when Excellion Buster and Trident Smasher clashed in their "knock-out spell" or when Nanoha blasted Crossfire Shoot at Teana. Don't look at it too hard. It loses a lot of effect dramatism if we're to digest every single aesthetic point down to the grind.

- Well...at least that nuke was clearly a magical attack. None of the building were shown to crumble and shatter to pieces upon contact. And it depends on the location as well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-18, 15:11   Link #4491
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
You know, I think we're on the same page here, thinking the same way, but for some reason our arguments do not concur with each other.

Lets try this again: SLB does mainly magical damage, and some physical damage. I would say a 90/10 ratio. Or even bigger percentage for the magical damage part.

So yes, it does some physical damage. No argument there.
My opinion is that Starlight Breaker does physical damage, no more no less. This is part of a simple opinion of mine that it is simply destroying the drama if our heroes attacks have no chance of actually killing things.

"Oh no! Nanoha is firing her Starlight Breaker!"

"Who cares, it's not like it'll do any damage."

See the point? Besides, various manga pages show the crew after their attacks with rubble and burned cloth.

Quote:
You talking about that ice attack in episode 2?

I still stand by my theory. At least that ice attack did not blow everything up... and as shown it is very useful to take the fire out.
No, I was talking about the multi tac-nuke from episode 11/12 (which, I may remind you, tore metal drones apart, hence doing physical damage).

Quote:
It was S rank 9 years ago, though... maybe its more powerful now? And if I recall correctly, wasnt SLB EX+ SS rank? (Or SLB+... something like that)
Not sure. Can't recall having read any sources on that one, but that doesn't say much.

Still, a mage having Dragon Slave as a spell should be possible. He'd be a powerfull mage, and therefore most likely a high ranked one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
- 2 words. Dramatic Effect. Pretty much how there's stuff like explosions that look like they can kill, and smoke and such...like when Excellion Buster and Trident Smasher clashed in their "knock-out spell" or when Nanoha blasted Crossfire Shoot at Teana. Don't look at it too hard. It loses a lot of effect dramatism if we're to digest every single aesthetic point down to the grind.
I know, it's just that I hate the thought of Nanoha firing a full-power Starlight Breaker and everyone sitting back going "Relax, it's not going to do any damage" That in itself ruins a lot of drama for me. I want those spells to be able to do damage, because that increases tension levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
- Well...at least that nuke was clearly a magical attack. None of the building were shown to crumble and shatter to pieces upon contact. And it depends on the location as well.
Drones are metal, the multi tac-nuke tore those drones apart. Hence the Hraesvelgr is a physical spell.

Unless you were talking about Diabolic Emission, on which point I will have to concede.
Old 2007-07-18, 15:44   Link #4492
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
My opinion is that Starlight Breaker does physical damage, no more no less. This is part of a simple opinion of mine that it is simply destroying the drama if our heroes attacks have no chance of actually killing things.

"Oh no! Nanoha is firing her Starlight Breaker!"

"Who cares, it's not like it'll do any damage."

See the point? Besides, various manga pages show the crew after their attacks with rubble and burned cloth.
Point taken. And I do agree with you.

I do believe, though, that you can kill someone with a purely magical attack. Sure, there wont be any physical damage done to the body, but their linker core or, if you want to go deeper into this, their soul should be severely damaged to the point they... die.

Have you watched Hunter X Hunter? Just being exposed to a magical emission (or in HxH's case, Nen) without protection will kill you instantly. That's pretty sweet.

Quote:
No, I was talking about the multi tac-nuke from episode 11/12 (which, I may remind you, tore metal drones apart, hence doing physical damage).
Ah, that one. Hmm, sincerely I have no clue what that is.

I could come up with a few rather good theories, such as the magical attack messed up the internal magic circuits of the drones and thus they exploded... I dont think we'll get anywhere with this one, though. We dont have enough evidence to prove that it is a magical or a physical attack.

If I had to guess, though, I'd say it does magical damage, similar to SLB.

Quote:
Not sure. Can't recall having read any sources on that one, but that doesn't say much.

Still, a mage having Dragon Slave as a spell should be possible. He'd be a powerfull mage, and therefore most likely a high ranked one.
I'm now back home so I can check my sources... Starlight Breaker + is ranked S in power, and that's when Nanoha was 9 or 10 years old. Surely, the power has risen since then. But then again, there is no proof for this rise in power rank.

Ah, surely it is possible to cast a Dragon Slave. Nanoha could do it. That's why I was saying stuff like the TSAB doesnt allow such spells, etc.
Old 2007-07-18, 15:49   Link #4493
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Okay, time to break this up!

And what better way to do that with the first chapter of my Leryk fic, "Seven Days."

Enjoy!

Spoiler for Seven Days, Part I:

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Part V

Part VI

Part VII

Epilogue

Last edited by Reiji Tabibito; 2007-08-12 at 22:11.
Old 2007-07-18, 16:15   Link #4494
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
*pouts* You're no fun!

Quote:
And what better way to do that with the first chapter of my Leryk fic, "Seven Days."

Enjoy!

Part II to be up in the next day or two!
Lindy screen-time!

Though... Didn't the whole crew (minus Takamachi familly) move to Mid-Childa after the Aces started working full-time? I recall Hayate and the knights doing so, at least. I'd be surprised if Lindy was the only one staying behind.
Old 2007-07-18, 16:17   Link #4495
An Hero in Disguise
Human

I'm quite positive that magical damage can also kill. I don't think it was stated to be 100% non-lethal.

= = =

OK, I got a little bored waiting for canon plot to move forth, so I've come up with some post-StrikerS things. The following may be considered raw preview pieces and will probably be subject to editing. I've took liberty of using a couple of other's OCs, though nothing important happened character-wise so far, I'll ask permission if anything serious comes to my mind.

Spoiler for Preview:

That's basically a prologue to what I'm planning to write after the end of current series (I'll need to know what characters will remain available ). Comments are appreciated. Also a question to the supervisors over WH40K references - may I add some diversity to the hierarchy among Daemons? (bringing a bit of order into Chaos )
Old 2007-07-18, 16:35   Link #4496
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
That's basically a prologue to what I'm planning to write after the end of current series (I'll need to know what characters will remain available ). Comments are appreciated. Also a question to the supervisors over WH40K references - may I add some diversity to the hierarchy among Daemons? (bringing a bit of order into Chaos )
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, can you expand on that a bit?
Old 2007-07-18, 16:42   Link #4497
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Spoiler for Clyde Haralown's profile:

This is a deeper report on Lindy's profile.

Let me know if I've used the wrong terminology, or if my descriptions were unclear anywhere

Spoiler for size:

A few interesting notes:

- I've decided on 'Hisakawa' as her maiden name. This was taken from the last name of her VA. And a Japanese background like Subaru/Ginga would explain her favor of the japanese culture, though some what distorted

- Her Birthday is also taken from her VA.

- Her device is also named after a legendary sword like Cortana.

- Most of you could probably guess where the name “Arturia” comes from
Old 2007-07-18, 16:44   Link #4498
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
*pouts* You're no fun!

Lindy screen-time!

Though... Didn't the whole crew (minus Takamachi familly) move to Mid-Childa after the Aces started working full-time? I recall Hayate and the knights doing so, at least. I'd be surprised if Lindy was the only one staying behind.
The location of Lindy as mentioned in canon, to my knowledge, was last referenced in the A's Epilogue - which stated that she was staying on Earth. So that's what I'm working with - unless the great Ion Cannon decides to refute me otherwise.
Old 2007-07-18, 16:51   Link #4499
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, can you expand on that a bit?
If you mean my question about WH40K references - I'm asking if it'd be alright if I come up with some sort of hierarchy of Daemons below Chaos Gods or even a couple of lesser gods of my own (well, most probably not completely my own ).

Or was it something else?
Old 2007-07-18, 16:57   Link #4500
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:

Enjoy!

Part II to be up in the next day or two!
Hey, that was pretty nice, Reiji. The last part of the conversation was very natural, and even though quite "normal", I liked it.

I was rather surprised when Arcas laid his head on Lindy's lap, though.

Quote:
*pouts* You're no fun!
H-Hey! What happened to our Slayers discussion??

Quote:
I'm quite positive that magical damage can also kill. I don't think it was stated to be 100% non-lethal.

= = =

OK, I got a little bored waiting for canon plot to move forth, so I've come up with some post-StrikerS things. The following may be considered raw preview pieces and will probably be subject to editing. I've took liberty of using a couple of other's OCs, though nothing important happened character-wise so far, I'll ask permission if anything serious comes to my mind.

Spoiler for Preview:

Very interesting preview! For now I dont see any problems with canon. I guess you just need to know what canon characters are left, huh. We have to wait over 2 months for you to write? Damn.

As for your last question, are you talking about the RTS stuff, or just WH40K in general?
Closed Thread