AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 19 42.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 13.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-22, 15:14   Link #21
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Great fight showed by Kid against Chrona, although Liz and Patty weren't very effective against him/her.

The scene between Stein and Medusa was very intense and in some kind the highlight in this episode for me.

Naigs... hmmm... is she already a death scythe? Or is Spirit the only one?

The next episode seems to be filler. I don't mind filler, but why about Excalibur? I want to see Maka/Soul and BlackStar/Tsubaki back in action.
Old 2008-07-22, 15:18   Link #22
Tendou88

I couldnt hold it and went to read the manga, when i found out that the next episode is filler :P
I enjoyed every page
Old 2008-07-22, 16:51   Link #23
KousaCross
Break the Glass World

Send a message via MSN to KousaCross
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
I couldnt hold it and went to read the manga, when i found out that the next episode is filler :P
I enjoyed every page
Lol I did the exact same thing. XD Screw sitting through fillers about Excalibur, I want more storyline. O.o
Old 2008-07-22, 21:29   Link #24
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wait.... wedding? Holy CRAP! Does this mean what I think it does? Kidd is scheduled to marry Medusa? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done now.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:37   Link #25
SamKajam

Spectacular_Insanity, I hope you know what you watched was not real...
pretty hilarious at some points though.
Old 2008-07-22, 23:46   Link #26
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wait.... wedding? Holy CRAP! Does this mean what I think it does? Kidd is scheduled to marry Medusa? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done now.

Haha I'm not 100% sure about that. [snip] The episode itself is, but the wording used and the terminology that they have in the episode isn't accurate. I'm not fluent, but I have a friend who is and they said a ton of things were wrong with the sub,

But it seemed as though this episode strayed from the actual manga a little anyway, so I may be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midevilshadow View Post
Spectacular_Insanity, I hope you know what you watched was not real...
pretty hilarious at some points though.
(OR NOT! YAY SOMEONE CONFIRMED THAT FOR ME~!)

I wondered when things were going to start getting a little different seeing as the anime is only going to be about 51 eps, and the manga is still going at 51 chapters.

ROFL. EXCALIBUR WTF. No seriously, I think its all a big joke. Maybe the previews are only different in the "late night" version or whatever, but I swear a filler about Excalibur just blows me away. LOL.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-07-24 at 09:55. Reason: removed sub talk
Old 2008-07-23, 00:15   Link #27
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Heh, time for a good old fashioned fangasm. *deep breath*

ftsdfghrjjghrgrdfgh, 10/10. T'was epic.

The animation for Kid vs Chrona was awesome, some of the best I've seen yet in Soul Eater (IMO of course)! Kid was so badass!

Also, SCREECH ALPHA! Man, that was so awesome.

The scene between Stein and Medusa was great, could really feel the tension ramping up.

Oh boy, let's hope that Sid and Naigs are ok.

Also, I guess I saw the[snip], because the dialouge was full of lulz. I could tell the sub wasn't very accurate, what with the whole wedding buisness and all. But it still had some funny moments, like FABULOUS!

The sub did not detract from the quality of the ep (for me anyway...), I loved every second of it.

*Fangasm over*

I'm gonna love the next episode. Excalibur FTW!

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-07-23 at 19:50.
Old 2008-07-23, 00:25   Link #28
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post

Also, I guess I saw the [snip], because the dialouge was full of lulz. I could tell the sub wasn't very accurate, what with the whole wedding buisness and all. But it still had some funny moments, like FABULOUS!

The sub did not detract from the quality of the ep, I loved every second of it.

*Fangasm over*

I totally agree. I actually really liked the smaller lettering that they used for it. BUT OMG THAT FABULOUS PART WAS EPIC AND HILARIOUS ALL IN THE SAME INSTANCE. XD

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-07-23 at 19:50.
Old 2008-07-23, 01:01   Link #29
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

I liked the small lettering too. I also, like how they did the attack names like Screech Alpha and Annoying Attack, a la One Piece. If it could have only been more accurate, than it could've been perfect. Alas, it wasn't.

Some of my favorite lines

Kid: Hey man, what the f*** is up with that kid?
Liz: I think he's on drugs! O__O
Kid: YOU JUST DON'T SEE HOW FABULOUS IT IS!
Liz: What? You need rehab...

Maka: Melia-sensei (Medusa) is a f***ing idiot.

Sid: (to stein) You should really go off-screen now.

Kid: There's alot of things I don't know. And I thought I might have made her (Medusa O__O)pregnant. How do you explain that?

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-07-23 at 19:49. Reason: removed subs name
Old 2008-07-23, 03:02   Link #30
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
Kid: There's alot of things I don't know. And I thought I might have made her (Medusa O__O)pregnant. How do you explain that?
Shinigami-sama: It's a secret of the gods.

Old 2008-07-23, 06:26   Link #31
jimbo98765

without touching her 'you know where', kid can get her pregnant? truly a secret of the gods.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:37   Link #32
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I don't know about you guys, but the way Kidd holds his guns still bug me. Pinkies in general are niether as strong nor have the reflexes of index fingers. Oh well, not like it matters.

Kidd did really irritate me by getting distracted in battle. Doing it for gags at other times in the show is fine and quite hilarious, but letting it interfere with duty and what needs to get done is unacceptable.

[snip]

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-07-23 at 19:50. Reason: removed subs talk
Old 2008-07-23, 11:06   Link #33
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I don't know about you guys, but the way Kidd holds his guns still bug me. Pinkies in general are niether as strong nor have the reflexes of index fingers. Oh well, not like it matters.

Kidd did really irritate me by getting distracted in battle. Doing it for gags at other times in the show is fine and quite hilarious, but letting it interfere with duty and what needs to get done is unacceptable.
It is, but coming from Kid it's only another example of this happening; his obsession ruined the opening assignment in episode three, and the only reason he snapped out of his daze long enough to blow the Pharaoh to bits is because he noticed it was asymmetrical. Not because of duty, or even that the creature was slowly killing him.

ETA - I agree with you over the pinkie thing, in that it does seem rather implausible if not impossible IRL. Personally, I rationalise it by considering this is a non-human fictional character; the normal rules of anatomy and practicality don't apply, particularly in a show based on so many bizarre notions and abilities. Like with Kid himself being the highly questionable offspring of Death, I rather think it's one of the things the author put in because he thought it looked 'cool'. But that doesn't especially bother me, as I'm enjoying SE far too much!

Last edited by lmd_84; 2008-07-23 at 13:21. Reason: Respond about Kid's guns
Old 2008-07-23, 11:48   Link #34
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Guys.....Soul Eater = MFI you cant talk about subs here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story and not about the fansubs.
So let's get back to the storyline, k?

ahem... I FRICKING LOVED THIS EPI!! 1)Miyano Mamoru you are awesome as Kid (I think Ive said that one, two, seven, eight, twenty times already)
2) Loved the Stein/Medusa scene! That I couldnt wait for in this epi and Stein saying how he was glad he felt fear again *_*
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-07-23, 17:18   Link #35
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

In terms of action and storyline, this episode was great! It's probably my favorite episode so far.

The action scenes between Kid and Chrona were beautifully animated. They did Kid's Stance of Sin justice. (IMO)

And things are starting to pick up storywise too. Looks like Stein and Medusa have seen through each other, it's only a matter of time before they confront one another.

Poor Sid, looks like he's in trouble. I'm glad we got to see a bit of Naigs. I like her.

T'was a great episode.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-07-23, 23:45   Link #36
Chase

As expected, awesome episode but not really in the way i thought. Kid started the fight off kicking ass of course. And OMG at Chrona's screech alpa move.. That was epic!!. It was a short fight(hence what i said about not being in the way i thought). Death the Kid's OCD kicks in.lol. I thought it would happen later, but in its place was the Stein/Medusa scene which was dope and had me a little on edge at the same time, if Stein would have said the wrong thing, he would have been done for. Medusa's evil attitude is sexy. We also got to see Naigs

9.5/10 but i gotta round it off of course when i vote
Battlefield 4
Old 2008-07-24, 00:33   Link #37
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnaki View Post
Haha I'm not 100% sure about that. [snip] The episode itself is, but the wording used and the terminology that they have in the episode isn't accurate. I'm not fluent, but I have a friend who is and they said a ton of things were wrong with the sub,

But it seemed as though this episode strayed from the actual manga a little anyway, so I may be wrong.
Thank god. I thought I would die.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-07-24 at 09:55. Reason: removed sub talk
Old 2008-07-24, 09:35   Link #38
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitraton View Post
According to wiki her name is Mira Nygus and she's Sid's partner, usually taking the form of a knife.
You realize that Wikipedia is edited by fans, right? Her name has never been officially romanized.

And you also realize that there's a spoiler tag function and that manga spoilers have no business in this thread, right?
Old 2008-07-24, 13:27   Link #39
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I loved this episode Kid was all types of hardcore and was really determined to win even though Liz and Patty were ineffective at stopping Chrona. Stein and Medusa OMFG that scene was so intense i think even i was sweating from the killing aura in that room. When they finally clash its going to be epic. Stein never ceases to amazes me with how much he knows and his tactics are great. Damn kid and his obsession i was hoping he would keep chasing Chrona but nooooooooooooooooo he had to chase the sun. I know there is a joke in there somewhere.

The marriage and pregnancy stuff was funny i guess i will actually watch a real sub eventually. Poor Sid i hope hes ok but damn that explosion was pretty damn big i duuno if hes getting out of this one.
Old 2008-07-24, 13:40   Link #40
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Stein and Medusa OMFG that scene was so intense i think even i was sweating from the killing aura in that room. When they finally clash its going to be epic. Stein never ceases to amazes me with how much he knows and his tactics are great. .
That scene was one Id been dying to see animated ever since I caved and read the manga. Anime did an excellent job. I remember screaming, "I knew, he knew!!" when Stein shows up. ~fangirls~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread