AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-29, 19:57   Link #3001
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
For all the people that thinks that Lelouch has Charles' Code, there's a major hole in this theory:

If Lelouch had Charles' Code, how the hell did he still have his Geass? Remember that when C.C. killed her predecessor, she lost her Geass and the same thing happened to Charles when V.V. gave him his Code.
Perhaps since Lelouch didn't obtain his geass from Charles, he didn't loose it. Maybe only when C.C.'s contract is fulfilled he will loose his geass.
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:58   Link #3002
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
For all the people that thinks that Lelouch has Charles' Code, there's a major hole in this theory:

If Lelouch had Charles' Code, how the hell did he still have his Geass? Remember that when C.C. killed her predecessor, she lost her Geass and the same thing happened to Charles when V.V. gave him his Code.
lol this again... we really dont know if lelouch has charles' code or not. there several theories running around how its a different code or the activation of code only upon death etc etc. point is, we dont know. it can go either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
For those who think it would cheapen his sacrifice if Lulu lived... It is already cheap. A fake hero killing a fake villain on live television? That's as cheap as it gets.
come to think of it, that's so true but i think it will cheapen the impact of the death scene on the audience (real world) though it doesn't really affect the story
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 19:58   Link #3003
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Hmm.. Everyone know what I just noticed?

Nonette never showed up with Claudio!

Now they'll never get to be a crack pairing because one of them never existed!

Just kidding, anyways, what interesting thing is being debated right now?
Old 2008-09-29, 20:00   Link #3004
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
Hmm.. Everyone know what I just noticed?

Nonette never showed up with Claudio!

Now they'll never get to be a crack pairing because one of them never existed!

Just kidding, anyways, what interesting thing is being debated right now?
same old same old, whether lelouch is alive or not we might get to move on from it at around page 300 hopefully
Old 2008-09-29, 20:00   Link #3005
solblade05
Baccano!

yea...whether Lelouche is alive or not...Heh
I believe he is for that matter
solblade05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:03   Link #3006
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post

Spoiler for GW:
Aye, that would have cheapened his death, which was Imo one of the best in all of anime.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:04   Link #3007
Aethos

isn't there a character chart you could use to determine if Lelouch is really dead or not?
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:05   Link #3008
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
same old same old, whether lelouch is alive or not
Ahh, okay.

Hmm... Yeah, I posted my thoughts on that one already, I'm pro Lelouch is dead. Just because it would be a classic ending for a hero, I'd rather him not be alive..

Two posts full of why he couldn't be alive and why it was phsyically improbable, but hey, everyone is different...

I'm more curious about wtf happened to Xingke, I mean.. Common, if they killed him too then, according to Wikipedia's main character list;

Lelouch - Dead (In my opinion.)
Suzaku - Alive
C.C. - Alive
Kallen - Alive
Nunnally - Alive
Rolo - Dead
Schneizel - Dead (He lost his will around Zero, I don't count him as 'alive' anymore.)
Xingke - Dead

That's Four out of eight main characters, they killed off more than most shows that I watch..
Well, they haven't beaten out Toward the Terra yet..

Gosh, who decided to drop the bridge?
Old 2008-09-29, 20:05   Link #3009
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
isn't there a character chart you could use to determine if Lelouch is really dead or not?
Yeah, but it hasn't updated yet. Besides, it's not like it's any accurate. It showed Nunnaly and Sayoko dead for a while lol >.>
Old 2008-09-29, 20:06   Link #3010
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Something I noticed: Could it be that if Lelouch is alive, he is alive due to Charles's code? It seems even the planners expected Lelouch to be dead.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:07   Link #3011
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryo View Post
I meant EVERYTHING Shirley, Rollo, Euphemia. Everything that meant something to him was taken away, hell, he even lost C.C. for a moment.

After that, he should at least see his perfect world.

That I do agree, I was also thinking that making him die would be a reasonable ending as well, but since I liked Lelouch so much I wanted everything to be perfect for him and to go his way in the end. But of course if he really wanted to die then I support that decision of his as well.

But I like that it ended with hints that he's still alive.
That's not Lelouch Sacrificing, that's people Lelouch cares about dying.

Rollo sacrificed for world peace, Lelouch just comforted him before Rollo died.

I have done that to my cat, and my dog. They where members of my family.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:07   Link #3012
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Aye, that would have cheapened his death, which was Imo one of the best in all of anime.
And a far better character than Lelouch, he did not need magic eyes and 'wtf plot twists! 1 million zeroes!' to con everyone and take over the world.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:08   Link #3013
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Is it just me or for as bloody as this entire series was, did an unusually high amount of the main characters end up living? I don't mean like main main like CC or Lulu, but also including Cornellia, Guiliford, Todou, etc.

Hardly anyone actually... died...

Not that I'm complaining. Just seemed odd.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:08   Link #3014
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
My preference to believe that Lulu is the Cart-Driver is nothing more than that; a preference. Like Lulu himself, I believe it didn't matter if Lulu lived or not, as his goal of changing the world was accomplished.

The assassination wasn't "redemption", as what some people here believed. Lulu isn't doing this to make himself feel better. Lulu never did ANYTHING to make himself feel better. He never cared about redeeming himself for anything.

It's all about telling a convincing lie. And he told it.
He needed Suzaku's cooperation in this staged-play that require two actors. That's why he needed to be killed on screen. For all intent and purposes Lulu didn't plan to survive it.

For those who think it would cheapen his sacrifice if Lulu lived... It is already cheap. A fake hero killing a fake villain on live television? That's as cheap as it gets.

No, it doesn't ruin the series for me if Lulu was conclusively killed. Lulu's grand plan does not involve the death of Lulu, but the death of an evil dictator. The entire world was lied to, and the world is better off not knowing.

But Lulu was NOT conclusively killed. Sunrise quite intentionally leave room for everyone to have it their way. And I intend to take up their offer.
I can't find one thing I disagree with here...My problem exists in the area where it would seem to make the writers OOC if he is the haywagon driver (Again subtlety in big reveals don't exist for this show)...And based on everything I've seen and heard (Primarily the translation of the director's feelings) I think that entire final part is Sunrise' doing and if you support them for it, then sobeit...I love the part about fake hero killing fake villain...It was a very convincing lie, but until we find out SOMETHING, ANYTHING about what geass really is or what rules govern CODE, that cart driver has one helluva a needle in that haystack...
Old 2008-09-29, 20:08   Link #3015
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
well that would be too obvious sunrise is messing with us so they wont touch that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
Ahh, okay.

Hmm... Yeah, I posted my thoughts on that one already, I'm pro Lelouch is dead. Just because it would be a classic ending for a hero, I'd rather him not be alive..

Two posts full of why he couldn't be alive and why it was phsyically improbable, but hey, everyone is different...

I'm more curious about wtf happened to Xingke, I mean.. Common, if they killed him too then, according to Wikipedia's main character list;

Lelouch - Dead (In my opinion.)
Suzaku - Alive
C.C. - Alive
Kallen - Alive
Nunnally - Alive
Rolo - Dead
Schneizel - Dead (He lost his will around Zero, I don't count him as 'alive' anymore.)
Xingke - Dead

That's Four out of eight main characters, they killed off more than most shows that I watch..
Well, they haven't beaten out Toward the Terra yet..

Gosh, who decided to drop the bridge?
lol on one word: wikipedia
Old 2008-09-29, 20:10   Link #3016
Tael
Banned

If Lelouch were alive, I highly doubt he'd be hiding as the hay driver with C.C. (of all people who should be known pretty well by now for siding with him, along with Suzaku and everyone else on the Avalon) in plain view on the top. It seems to defeat the purpose of hiding.

If he were hiding, she would also have taken up a disguise... otherwise it just seems counter intuitive.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:12   Link #3017
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Something I noticed: Could it be that if Lelouch is alive, he is alive due to Charles's code? It seems even the planners expected Lelouch to be dead.
that theory has been repeated and the repeat has even been repeated so much that it will shock you

Quote:
And a far better character than Lelouch, he did not need magic eyes and 'wtf plot twists! 1 million zeroes!' to con everyone and take over the world.
enough, this is code geass, not GW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Is it just me or for as bloody as this entire series was, did an unusually high amount of the main characters end up living? I don't mean like main main like CC or Lulu, but also including Cornellia, Guiliford, Todou, etc.

Hardly anyone actually... died...

Not that I'm complaining. Just seemed odd.
nah, there's just simply too many pseudo main characters
Old 2008-09-29, 20:12   Link #3018
Aethos

Maybe Lelouch is there.

Yeah C.C. has his head in that leather bag of her's and they're riding on some nice hay.
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 20:13   Link #3019
tzia_n
Lurker

Quote:
If Lelouch were alive, I highly doubt he'd be hiding as the hay driver with C.C. (of all people who should be known pretty well by now for siding with him, along with Suzaku and everyone else on the Avalon) in plain view on the top. It seems to defeat the purpose of hiding.

If he were hiding, she would also have taken up a disguise... otherwise it just seems counter intuitive.
for all we know that scene could have been way into the future
Old 2008-09-29, 20:14   Link #3020
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post

lol on one word: wikipedia
Oh, I know, I got it from the most unreliable source, ever...

Also, I think Lelouch and this video make a good team - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY5EJ...eature=related

Yes?

I don't know why people are so concerned about him being dead or not,

Says the person who laughed at everyone's death.

I'm not relying on anything anymore, the character chart can shove it for all I care.

"It's just another maniac monday.."