AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 19.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 24.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 32.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-04, 21:55   Link #81
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ I am judging from the anime, her manga chapters translated before the anime started, and skimming through the novel parts around her images, which can be very misleading.

Anyway, when I say dependent, I meant it in emotionally. It is extremely hard for many humans to cope when something they take for granted is suddenly lost, whether that is good or bad long term for them.
Old 2011-11-04, 22:08   Link #82
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Then let's hope the novels all get translated!
Oi oi, how long do you think that would be

They introduced Kobato to the club in a different manner, which to me, was forced in this episode. Oh well, at least there's another rivalry.
Old 2011-11-04, 22:11   Link #83
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakezoMusashi View Post
Everybody was talking about how Kobato and Maria meeting was gonna be funny... and it wasn't.
It was just loud and annoying.
Spoiler for ku ku ku~~:
Old 2011-11-04, 22:29   Link #84
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Very simply put, more people tend to read the Manga than the Light Novel

I myself started with the Manga first before moving on to the English translated Light Novels, followed by the Chinese translated Light Novels when that ran out of chapters.
True

It's the same on my case too. Hooked with the manga, then read the English translated light novel and finally read some spoiler/summary here and there ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
So much win in this ep already, I liked this so much better:

I WANT TO LICK THOSE DELICIOUS THIGHS
She already win when she shakes her hip on the OP XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, yes, that much seems clear. I guess to put my questions simply: 1) is the manga as good as the light novel in this part? Therefore 2) is the anime a less-effective re-telling/adaptation of novels than the manga was in this part? (Of course this is all opinion anyway.)
Well, IIRC the manga also has some part omitted. Like on this episode for example, the manga didn't have the Hasegawa Cootie Touch part. But for me personally, although both manga and anime has its own plus points, the manga did better re-telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'd say the manga does better in term of facial expression -> better comedy, but that maybe just me.
And it cover more stuff than the anime.
True. That and more comical detail/effect and approach, like Kobato's threat level point-of-view when she came to Rinjinbu or Sena and Rika's more clear reference to OreImo on this part
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for Your sister:
by imitating the infamous Kirino & Kyousuke pose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for aaahhh...:
Ah, that was good part too. Who thought Kobato is one year younger than Kirino XD
And did they let two lolis fight on the chapel while the rest of them moved the game console back to Rika's room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't see how that's supposed to make Sena popular. If anything, it makes Yozora look like, as you say, a bully. I think Sena's non-Yozora moments are when she shines as a character.
That makes Sena look more.... defenseless, imperfect, and more honest (makes her more tsundere though XD). The way she holds back not too cry when Yozora verbally abuse her, that just adorable XD

Quote:
^ I'm curious. What is the word that's could be worse than
Spoiler for Yozora's words:
I'm also curious, they can say those two words but they censored "sex"? Or is it because it was Maria, a 10 year old girl, whom say it so they have to tone it down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
And Karaoke next episode already...means they're basically skipping every single bit of jokes that are in Vol. 2...(But then, AIC Build did the same thing to Oreimo, skipping all the fun part while extending some not very fun part for no reason...). I mean, no Kodaka lame jokes, no Yukimura discussion of Three Kingdoms, and probably no novel creation marathon (or relay...I don't know how to translate it) either = basically all the jokes that are in Vol. 2...
Looks like it. That fun/random activity part that show each member craziness was one of the reason I like Haganai in the first place
But since they did rearrange chapter orders, so there still hope for currently missed chapters. Story relay was one of the chapter I look forward the most on the anime :3

Btw, wasn't the discussion of Three Kingdom was with Maria? I remember because it was one of her flag that makes him more attached to Kodaka, beside the also-skipped lame joke part ^^
Old 2011-11-04, 22:29   Link #85
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm not sure about the lame joke become funny, but it does its job pretty well. I mean, after he told his joke, my reaction is exactly like Maria and Kobato. I couldn't laugh at his joke, and became face palm instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Seriously, Sena, at some point it stops being abuse and starts being your own stupid fault for listening to Yozora. Even my dog eventually figures out that every time he brings the stick back to me, I just throw it away again.
Erm....at that situation, you are forced to trust her, and there is no choice. I mean, even I think "Finally, a moment where they believe in each other?" when I read to that part, and there we go, history repeats once again.

There are times you can't help but want to trust your enemy, you know.
Old 2011-11-04, 22:32   Link #86
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Maria look so cute sleeping on the couch and Kobato is just lonely
I prefer her on the couch. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

They introduced Kobato to the club in a different manner, which to me, was forced in this episode. Oh well, at least there's another rivalry.
Well, they already have volume 1 chapters 10/12, volume 2 and 3 all done except for the afterword and 4+ is being worked on.
Old 2011-11-04, 23:00   Link #87
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Maybe this is why people shouldn't advice about "oh this scene is gonna be epic" "Oh this will be this and that" "Oh I cant wait for this part"

This is kind of a spoiler because you are giving people expectations. Remember LN, Mangas, and/or Anime adaptations will mostly be different in so many ways that they might as well be 3 different stories with the same concept. Lets watch this as an Anime not the later 2. We have a thread for those. Pretend you never read the mange or LN, and lower your expectation by a lot cause you know, Animes are always, mostly crappy compared to their manga or LN counterpart.
Old 2011-11-04, 23:58   Link #88
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
And Karaoke next episode already...means they're basically skipping every single bit of jokes that are in Vol. 2...(But then, AIC Build did the same thing to Oreimo, skipping all the fun part while extending some not very fun part for no reason...). I mean, no Kodaka lame jokes, no Yukimura discussion of Three Kingdoms, and probably no novel creation marathon (or relay...I don't know how to translate it) either = basically all the jokes that are in Vol. 2...
All episodes so far have contained more than one chapter's worth of material, so I'm guessing we'll get at least one of those before the karaoke, and they could probably squeeze the first two in. And there's always the possibility that they'll hold something back for an OVA -- and the relay novel would be a prime candidate since it would benefit from an uncensored version.
Old 2011-11-05, 00:05   Link #89
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
If we use screencaps from this episode to convince people that this is an Index spinoff ... lunchtime Sunday?
Old 2011-11-05, 00:27   Link #90
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozen Van Kaizer View Post
Remember LN, Mangas, and/or Anime adaptations will mostly be different in so many ways that they might as well be 3 different stories with the same concept. Lets watch this as an Anime not the later 2. We have a thread for those. Pretend you never read the mange or LN, and lower your expectation by a lot cause you know, Animes are always, mostly crappy compared to their manga or LN counterpart.
Not always, but that's another thing to discuss. You probably didn't watch Gintama.

I don't see the problem with having higher expectation, at least in this thread. It's more like people who dissing Kobato and Maria, thinking it's a waste of time to introduce the two loli instead of focusing on Yozora and Sena is what bugs me the most. The reason we mentioned about the manga or LN is because there is a reason or merit to include those 2 loli into the club, but the anime fail to make it worth. Do you like to see your favorite characters get the end of the stick in anime adaption?

Maybe we should have thread for anime-watching-only-people and anime-watching-with-prior-knowledge-about-the-show people separately .
Old 2011-11-05, 00:40   Link #91
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
All episodes so far have contained more than one chapter's worth of material, so I'm guessing we'll get at least one of those before the karaoke, and they could probably squeeze the first two in. And there's always the possibility that they'll hold something back for an OVA -- and the relay novel would be a prime candidate since it would benefit from an uncensored version.
i dont think the even an ova will be safe from mosaics...unless its a princess lover like ova.
Old 2011-11-05, 09:27   Link #92
larethian

Quote:
^ I'm curious. What is the word that's could be worse than
Spoiler for Yozora's words:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I'm also curious, they can say those two words but they censored "sex"? Or is it because it was Maria, a 10 year old girl, whom say it so they have to tone it down?
reply in LN thread.

and btw, in the Maria debut chapter
Spoiler for missing part from LN:
Old 2011-11-05, 10:42   Link #93
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm not hating on it as hard as you guys seem to be doing, but I have to agree it wasn't nearly as funny as it could be (they did leave out many of the best jokes). The choice to animate another game arc so soon after the first one was also...bad. I came into the episode expecting lots of Kobato and instead the show spent more than half of its time over a repeat of the Monster Hunter trip. :/

Don't get the Kobato hate personally though. She's adorable. <3

Don't get the Maria hate either. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't really watched Index, as I just associated all the bratty quality to her being actually 10 and a funny little girl, and not her being an expy of an apparently rather annoying moeblob of a nun.
Old 2011-11-05, 10:46   Link #94
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
If we use screencaps from this episode to convince people that this is an Index spinoff ... lunchtime Sunday?
Yea- No. It doesn't work that way >.>

Index is a special case because we had to sacrifice a different farm animal each month for the whole year to a Pagan Blood God to get him to translate all 30 odd books including side stories and oneshots within said year.

Quote:
Maybe we should have thread for anime-watching-only-people and anime-watching-with-prior-knowledge-about-the-show people separately .
Yeah, it's called the Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced [insert noun] only) threads

But seriously in the end, people just use the Light Novel thread for that

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-11-05 at 11:04.
Old 2011-11-05, 11:57   Link #95
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Don't get the Kobato hate personally though. She's adorable. <3
Me neither, I guess there are a lot of assumptions about her that identify her with rather annoying characters from other shows, and to tell the truth she really has way too few screentime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Don't get the Maria hate either. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't really watched Index, as I just associated all the bratty quality to her being actually 10 and a funny little girl, and not her being an expy of an apparently rather annoying moeblob of a nun.
I don't get also the Index-related hate... she hardly shows up in her show; and Maria despite being inspired by her, has quite some differences
Old 2011-11-05, 12:22   Link #96
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I don't get also the Index-related hate... she hardly shows up in her show; and Maria despite being inspired by her, has quite some differences
It's just that Iguchi Yuka is too good at voicing annoying girls, that's all (Index, Maria, Maho from RKB, etc. and that's just from this 2 seasons...)

Quote:
Me neither, I guess there are a lot of assumptions about her that identify her with rather annoying characters from other shows, and to tell the truth she really has way too few screentime
Agree. And I don't know how people can hate Kobato when she had appear in what? Total of 10 minutes (at most)?
Old 2011-11-05, 14:45   Link #97
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I guess the moral of this episode is pay attention to your bizarre jail-bait little sister and you'll get to share the bed with her at the end of the day.

This episode was pretty standard stuff of the kind I don't typically care for in these types of shows. The kind where the overall goal and result is something far from making me laugh out loud. Granted we're still able to laugh a bit at the characters eccentricities and personality short falls (or in the case of sister loli nun be annoyed by them) a bit here (mostly science chicks who so far is the best out of the added cast members in terms of contribution to the comedy) and they haven't started putting them on a pedestal to be worshiped as infallible moe idols quite yet like a lot of these shows have a bad habit of doing, but the groundwork is there and I hope the first four episodes weren't a red herring cause I've kind of been enjoying this show for it's willingness to not sacrifice the chance for good humor and poking fun at it's own cast for marketability of said cast to target buying audience.

Still as I've said I'm only on board with this show until I get bored with it and a few more episodes like this one would probably kill my interest in it. We just need to get back to the solid humor at the expense of the crazy characters a bit more and seriously less screen time for the Banshee please. Kobato is okay and can stay since I can totally see the potential for plenty of awesome gags at the expense of her obsession with that show, but whoever though that Maria and that casting choice for her was a good idea needs to be beaten severely. I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out what she's supposed to contribute to this ensemble other than being unbearably loud and annoying.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:28   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
whoever though that Maria and that casting choice for her was a good idea needs to be beaten severely.
Do you think it's funny or cute to say that people deserve to be "beaten severely" for production decisions? Is that some sort of a "saying"? What the hell...

I'm pretty sure that casting decision was obvious and easy, considering who the character closely resembles, and unless I'm mistaken, the character comes straight from the original source. You can say you don't like it without resorting to this sort of inappropriate attack, even if meant in a bizarre sort of jest. I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out why any civilized person would say that sort of thing.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:08   Link #99
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Do you think it's funny or cute to say that people deserve to be "beaten severely" for production decisions? Is that some sort of a "saying"? What the hell...
I seriously doubt he really meant that. Hyperbole is just that, exaggerating for emphasis. Perhaps you don't like this kind of hyperbole, but it's not like he's actually advocating to beat a person.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:44   Link #100
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I seriously doubt he really meant that. Hyperbole is just that, exaggerating for emphasis. Perhaps you don't like this kind of hyperbole, but it's not like he's actually advocating to beat a person.
Oh, I see. So the problem isn't the hateful comment, it's the fact that "I don't like this kind of hyperbole". The kind of "hyperbole" that says that people deserve to beaten severely for minor production decisions. Because "he didn't really mean it." Right...

Let me make it clear: this sort of "hyperbole" is never permitted on this forum, in any context, ever. Any comments that imply, suggest, allude to, or in any way purport violence of any kind against any other person, whether intended, as "hyperbole", or in jest, are strictly forbidden. There is an endless supply of better ways to express an opinion.

And now back to your regularly-scheduled topic...