Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 08:57   Link #7921
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Hinata's confession was relatively unimportant, except as an excuse to make Naruto go 6-Tails, where as the kiss between Medaka and Zenkichi could be taken as cementing a relationship, or it could be something different altogether. Medaka doesn't really "get" love between individuals, she loves all of humanity.
I don't know...at the time, it taken pretty much as how we took Medaka's confession and kiss to Zenkichi. It didn't help that in Naruto, the title character went completely apesh~t crazy when Pain 'killed' her. And Zen only fights his hardest whenever Medaka is directly involved or will be affected in some way.

Quote:
I'm not particularly bothered by the lack of Zenkichi, although I am confused as to why he didn't bother showing his face, unless something's happened to it, he wants to show later. Zenkichi's pretty much done his part, and there's not really anything he could do in this arc, aside from get overshadowed by everyone else.
Again, I just think that Zenkichi's time isn't 'now' for this arc. They are dealing with 6 men who want to end up marrying Medaka in order to become the head of the Kurokami house. You can't possibly think that Zenkichi isn't going to show up in this arc at some time.

Just a lil tangent but: Zenkichi swears he doesn't want to have Medaka-chan cry for any reason and yet...Medaka has only ever really cried whenever he's involved. His battle with Last Carpet and also against Kumagawa, she cried and also when they fought when her mind was altered and even recently when Zenkichi played the harmonica, she cried as well. In reality, the only one who has ever made Medaka cry (that we've seen) has been Zenkichi this entire time.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:07   Link #7922
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I don't know...at the time, it taken pretty much as how we took Medaka's confession and kiss to Kenichi. It didn't help that for Naruto, the title character went completely apesh~t crazy when Pain 'killed' her.
Naruto would have gone Ape Shit over any of his friends being killed, especially since it was added on top of The destruction of the village, and Kakashi's death. The reason it was Hinata, and the reason she had her confession, was because the manga is getting close to the end, and Kishi's having to start cleaning up the loose ends, starting with the least important to the plot.
Ive already said everything I feel needs to be said about Medaka and Zenkichi's kiss., except: Not every manga needs to have a victorious Childhood Friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
You can't possibly think that Zenkichi isn't going to show up in this arc at some time.
I can, I do and I hope.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 09:27   Link #7923
Homura7

Najimi can't possibly win this, can she? It all seems easy, which isn't any good to Medaka and her fellow companions.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 09:28   Link #7924
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
According to the wiki, it only affects what happens in a battle.
The first example given of Devil Style was an outside of battle occurrence, mainly the three professional girls for the cultural festival.
It affects reality that he seems to be involved in, not simply battle.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 09:31   Link #7925
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
The first example given of Devil Style was an outside of battle occurrence, mainly the three professional girls for the cultural festival.
It affects reality that he seems to be involved in, not simply battle.
Ah, right. My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Najimi can't possibly win this, can she? It all seems easy, which isn't any good to Medaka and her fellow companions.
The only way she could lose, was if she was going up against another Non-Equal, but even if she wins, Kumagawa will lose his fight, and Shiranui isn't exactly suited to combat.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:59   Link #7926
Homura7

They can choose the method, remember? Shiranui can challenge any of these perverts to an eating contest and win by a landslide XD
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:06   Link #7927
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
They can choose the method, remember? Shiranui can challenge any of these perverts to an eating contest and win by a landslide XD
I had forgotten that, actually
Old 2012-04-16, 17:40   Link #7928
FFXFan13

To the person who game me the neg, could you please tell me what about my post you found disagreeable, so that I may explain my reasoning?
Old 2012-04-17, 12:05   Link #7929
Clarste
Human

Zen says that Shiranui's never lost anything. She wins by changing the rules in her favor.

As for Zenkichi showing up in this arc... I'm not sure why he should. Medaka's fighting to end the arranged marriage. It has nothing to do with her feelings of love towards anyone, she just doesn't want to have an arranged marriage. Bringing in Zen to "win" her would completely defeat the point of stopping the arranged marriage.

There's a huge difference between "I don't want my life planned out for me" and "it's okay if it's the right person." Symbolically, bringing Zen in would undermine her own motives.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 14:24   Link #7930
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Zen says that Shiranui's never lost anything. She wins by changing the rules in her favor.
Is that even possible in this situation?

Quote:
As for Zenkichi showing up in this arc... I'm not sure why he should. Medaka's fighting to end the arranged marriage. It has nothing to do with her feelings of love towards anyone, she just doesn't want to have an arranged marriage. Bringing in Zen to "win" her would completely defeat the point of stopping the arranged marriage.
That's pretty much what I meant, when I said I was hoping he wouldn't show up in this arc. Not only does it defeat the apparent point of this arc, it's also one of the most annoying "romantic" cliché's around. If I'm going to be honest, I think the Protagonists are going to loose, Medaka will be marched up the isle, and Zenkichi will save the day.

It's stupid, and it's clichéd, but there's good odd's that it'll happen.

Quote:
There's a huge difference between "I don't want my life planned out for me" and "it's okay if it's the right person." Symbolically, bringing Zen in would undermine her own motives.
I don't think a lot of people care about the symbolism, they just want to see some lovey-dovey moments between Zenkichi and Medaka, regardless of what it would represent.
Old 2012-04-17, 14:35   Link #7931
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Is that even possible in this situation?

That's pretty much what I meant, when I said I was hoping he wouldn't show up in this arc. Not only does it defeat the apparent point of this arc, it's also one of the most annoying "romantic" cliché's around. If I'm going to be honest, I think the Protagonists are going to loose, Medaka will be marched up the isle, and Zenkichi will save the day.

It's stupid, and it's clichéd, but there's good odd's that it'll happen.

I don't think a lot of people care about the symbolism, they just want to see some lovey-dovey moments between Zenkichi and Medaka, regardless of what it would represent.
TBF if Zen arrived it wouldn't have much if anything to do with becoming a marriage suitor his whole point last arc was for Medaka to choose her life for herself, if he showed up it would as a person who wants her to be free considering he was the one whose done the most so far to achieve that. Not even Medaka herself bothered until this arc.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 14:41   Link #7932
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I wonder...why do people instantly assume that we want Zenkichi to come in as a suitor? He could very well show up to help Medaka out because he wants her free as well...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 14:45   Link #7933
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I wonder...why do people instantly assume that we want Zenkichi to come in as a suitor? He could very well show up to help Medaka out because he wants her free as well...
...Because you are very vocal about your pairing preferences, and you irritation at the lack of follow up to the kiss in the last arc.
Old 2012-04-17, 14:54   Link #7934
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
...Because you are very vocal about your pairing preferences, and you irritation at the lack of follow up to the kiss in the last arc.
You did not remotely answer the question. I don't really care about the conversation but total dodging skill were pretty funny.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 14:56   Link #7935
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I never once said that I wanted Zenkichi to be a suitor though (I only made a joke a while back). In fact I too think that Zenkichi coming out and becoming a suitor would be stupid and out of character, considering he's the one that wants Medaka to be the most.

Yes, I love the pairing and Zenkichi is one of my favorite characters...is it so wrong that I want to see one of my favorite characters more? Is it wrong that I want a follow-up to Medaka's confession? Is it wrong that I want to see more of the relationship between the two characters of the pairing I want?

I view things as entertaining differently than you do. I have different hopes for this manga than what you have. But again and again you seem intent on shooting me down whenever I voice something out. You seem to have a problem with me for some reason even dodging a question for a personal attack. Don't get it.
You want something else for this manga? Fine! Who am I to say you're right or wrong? But that question can be directed at you and anyone else.
Old 2012-04-17, 15:12   Link #7936
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
You did not remotely answer the question. I don't really care about the conversation but total dodging skill were pretty funny.
Yeah, I don't think I'm getting what I want to say across very well...

Quote:
I never once said that I wanted Zenkichi to be a suitor though (I only made a joke a while back). In fact I too think that Zenkichi coming out and becoming a suitor would be stupid and out of character, considering he's the one that wants Medaka to be the most.
About Zen being a suitor, I don't actually recall claiming you said such, aside from which, it's not actually possible since all the people with invites have been accounted for, and Zen would probablly only use as an excuse to get on the ship, help Medaka before giving up, and letting her win.

Quote:
Yes, I love the pairing and Zenkichi is one of my favorite characters...is it so wrong that I want to see one of my favorite characters more? Is it wrong that I want a follow-up to Medaka's confession? Is it wrong that I want to see more of the relationship between the two characters of the pairing I want?
There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm sorry if I made it seem like I had a problem with it! But it's also not wrong for people who don't ship Medaka with Zenkichi to be happy about the lack of follow up. Again, I'm sorry if anything I've said offends you, because that was never my intention.

Quote:
I view things as entertaining differently than you do. I have different hopes for this manga than what you have. But again and again you seem intent on shooting me down whenever I voice something out.
Because I'm trying to cause a discussion and debating over things is the only way I know how to do that on an internet forum...

Quote:
You seem to have a problem with me for some reason even dodging a question for a personal attack. Don't get it.
Hmm... I think I may not be conveying what I mean to all that well... I really don't have anything against you I haven't been posting in this thread long enough for something like that. If I've made it seem as if I do have something against you, I am sorry, and it wasn't my intention to do anything of the sort.

Quote:
You want something else for this manga? Fine! Who am I to say you're right or wrong? But that question can be directed at you and anyone else.
I am really sorry...
Old 2012-04-17, 17:17   Link #7937
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Eh, it's ok. I guess I might have been a bit persistent.
It's just frustrating, having marathoned around 100 chapters because of something we don't even get a follow-up too =.=

Well atleast we have Naked Apron-senpai, it's always fun when he uses his slasher smile.
Old 2012-04-17, 17:26   Link #7938
FFXFan13

Quote:
Eh, it's ok. I guess I might have been a bit persistent.
Still... I know I tend to be a bit rude so, again, I'm sorry about that.

Quote:
It's just frustrating, having marathoned around 100 chapters because of something we don't even get a follow-up too =.=
We mere peasants can not possibly hope to understand the mind of a Japanese mangaka...
Old 2012-04-17, 17:31   Link #7939
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
We mere peasants can not possibly hope to understand the mind of a Japanese mangaka...
Judging by his style...he probably just gets up one morning, writes a couple of plots on different pieces of paper and then takes one out of a hat at random...

I kid, I kid...I think he goes by popularity (like many do) and basically, he needs to do that. Medaka isn't near the level of OP or Naruto where the author can do whatever they want for a bit and still stay famous. If I remember correctly this manga was in seriously risk of being cancelled back when I was still reading it, then Kumagawa saved it (so to speak) with his awesomeness.
Old 2012-04-17, 17:38   Link #7940
FFXFan13

Quote:
Judging by his style...he probably just gets up one morning, writes a couple of plots on different pieces of paper and then takes one out of a hat at random...
Isn't that how most newbies decide what type of manga they want to write?

Quote:
I kid, I kid...I think he goes by popularity (like many do) and basically, he needs to do that. Medaka isn't near the level of OP or Naruto where the author can do whatever they want for a bit and still stay famous. If I remember correctly this manga was in seriously risk of being cancelled back when I was still reading it, then Kumagawa saved it (so to speak) with his awesomeness.
Seriously? I only just picked the series up, so I wasn't aware... Kumagawa was enough to save the manga? I know he's popular, the results of the last Popularity poll make that pretty clear. But popular enough to save an entire manga?

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council