AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-21, 17:25   Link #21
myopius

Chapter 5 was scanlated. And yeah, we do find out about Kiri. But it still doesn't explain the movements involved in the Ogre's Ring technique.

I still don't get how Kiri does that super-quick carving. Well, it could certainly just be a skill he developed on his own. That kind of dexterity seems to me impossible for a normal human, but perhaps it's just manga being manga. o.o

The pace is so fast and there's so much quick development, I wonder if this series will end in <10 volumes... I hope not, since I like epic. It's nice that they're introducing more detail to the fictional world of Double Arts. I guess one sign that this manga could be a ways from finishing is that we only know 1 out of the four "races" currently. Anyway yeah. Another awesome chapter, although it looks like they've finally shortened the chapter length to the usual.
Old 2008-04-21, 19:22   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Chapter 5:
Old 2008-04-21, 21:34   Link #23
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 5:
Spoiler:
I wonder if Kiri already knew what to do when Sui jumped on him, that they've fought together before, or at least discussed that move beforehand?
Old 2008-04-21, 21:59   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Spoiler:
I wonder if Kiri already knew what to do when Sui jumped on him, that they've fought together before, or at least discussed that move beforehand?
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-23, 04:26   Link #25
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

It's nice. Very nice. I like the art. I like the ability of the main guy. This has potential people. The big three might become the big 4! Another intressting note. He has parents that are alive! Real blood related parents and they aren't even villains...yet? o_O
Old 2008-04-26, 11:51   Link #26
LCeh

What a great chapter was chapter 6. I loved the way they portrayed the sisters' situation, and just show us how mistreated/unfortunate/however you want to call them. This series has been incredible thus far.
Old 2008-04-27, 10:21   Link #27
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

wow great poower hhahah and now the plot thickens hahahh
Old 2008-04-29, 03:31   Link #28
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Read up to chapter 6.
Kiri is so.... so... nice and normal. Totally not emo, totally light hearted and reasonable, no personality quirk, very decisive and collected..... Gee... GEEEE!!! When is the last time we see a main character this normal on Shonen Jump?
Old 2008-04-29, 04:35   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Have to agree he is a really nice guy. Aside from the immunity to Troi and his ability in general he's pretty normal in personality. Though think El could use someone like that at the moment. Someone who can make her feel accepted and about as normal as someone in her position can be.
Old 2008-04-29, 11:40   Link #30
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
Read up to chapter 6.
Kiri is so.... so... nice and normal. Totally not emo, totally light hearted and reasonable, no personality quirk, very decisive and collected..... Gee... GEEEE!!! When is the last time we see a main character this normal on Shonen Jump?
yah... quite a normal guy that is currently dealing w/ a not so normal situation
Old 2008-04-29, 22:34   Link #31
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

WHAT I CAN SAY FOR NOW IS

POWAH TO THE NORMAL KINDS OF PEOPLE HAHAHAHHAHA

still that is soo awsome i wish i have that power hahaha (so that lifting anything will be a bit easier)
Old 2008-05-01, 18:20   Link #32
andy92

ahahha
i kinda like it
wish it comes out fastrer
Old 2008-05-02, 21:40   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Chapter 6:
Old 2008-05-02, 22:03   Link #34
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Aww, White Fairy and the Miracle Boy. Perfect Couple if I've ever seen one.

This manga is going great so far. Not disappointed sir, not disappointed.
Old 2008-05-02, 23:31   Link #35
myopius

Not a huge amount of plot development in the latest chapter, but I enjoyed that they took the time to drive home the serious plot aspects. It'll make for better character development later on.

One thing I noticed... they could just hold hands with Elraine, too, if they want, since her hands are also warm now. o.o
Old 2008-05-03, 00:58   Link #36
Xacual

Wouldn't holding hands with Elraine spread some of her disease to them? I mean just because she is holding hands with Kiri doesn't mean she isn't still a carrier of a lot of the Troy virus.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-05-03, 11:28   Link #37
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm happy I wasn't the only one then. I sort of got that she was using his shoulder as a push off too, but I didn't really understand the point of it. It will probably be revealed in next chapter or something.
This is actually a fairly major plot point. I'll not say more, as the later chapters are out. Go forth and read!
Old 2008-05-03, 12:06   Link #38
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

after reading chapter 6, i really felt bad for those cute sisters, one of them even cried after feeling the warmth of kiri's hand xD
Old 2008-05-03, 15:14   Link #39
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
This is actually a fairly major plot point. I'll not say more, as the later chapters are out. Go forth and read!
You responded to something I typed a few weeks ago. Of course I know the reason why she used his shoulder now...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-05-03, 21:02   Link #40
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Wouldn't holding hands with Elraine spread some of her disease to them? I mean just because she is holding hands with Kiri doesn't mean she isn't still a carrier of a lot of the Troy virus.
No. Sisters have the power to suck in Troy, if two sisters would touch each other. Wouldn't it cancel out? Both are sucking each others Troy.
Closed Thread