AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-11-02, 10:56   Link #321
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Thanks ultimatemegax.

Wow, they played True Tours songs as well? Well damn, those aren't even fully subbed yet still

----

Well, by sheer luck I found "utopia - Original song" track on niconico.

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Didn't realise it was a trio of nano.ripe, eufonius and airi .

Almost said Ahri... been playing way too much league of legends...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 13:42   Link #322
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Lantis has updated with additional details/pictures of the Joint Concert BDs.

LE box cover art
RE case cover art
Box spine
Box contents
Digipak over Booklet
Digipak minus discs

The site also updated with content listing for the discs. The first two below are the BDs common to both version while discs 3 and 4 are bonus CDs only in the LE:

Disc 1:
Spoiler:

Disc 2:
Spoiler:

Disc 3:
String orchestra "Three memories" special CD
Spoiler:

Disc 4:
Theme song chorus arrange special CD
Spoiler:

Finally, Lantis also uploaded a preview of the new animation made for the new song utopia with characters from all three franchises in it.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 14:50   Link #323
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Omg, that's such a awesome crossover.

It was nice and sparkly, especially the water. Although I was slightly disappointed in the swimsuit service; I'd think Hiromi's ass would be bigger and why must Sawa wear that hanging cloth thing to block everything? Seems like the PA Works girls need to eat a bit more, but I guess this is an anime thing.

/perv off

And of course, Ohana is well animated with her wavy hair (would be imba if they ever let it grow longer) and Wakana is cute looking always with the expressions.

/Demands an actual series! Well, someone can dream.

Oh and Minko, unfortunate she is overshadowed in the land of the giants. They also seemed to have saved a few frames for whats-her-face. I barely noticed.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 14:57   Link #324
Dextro
He Without a Title

Sawa still looks as awesome as always. Not as great as with that kickass hat from the show but still awesome enough with that hair.
Old 2013-11-26, 15:02   Link #325
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, it's only a preview; the hat should make a comeback.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-11-27 at 03:18.
Old 2013-11-26, 16:00   Link #326
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, that was a great video!

I found it a bit hard to tell some of the girls apart when they're in swimsuits though. However, they all stand out well in the group shot on the side of the road. Seeing them altogether gives you a good sense of how tall each girl is. Konatsu is noticeably very short, while Sawa and Nako seem the tallest on first glance to me.
Old 2013-11-27, 03:15   Link #327
Pocari_Sweat

Man PA works are a bunch of trolls .

A part of me is raging at this pandering bullcrap and a part of me is squealing like a fangirl.

DILEMMA!

I lold when they lined up the three big boobed characters side by side (Hiromi, Nako and Sawa) but I seriously don't remember Hiromi having such a big rack. Also, THE TRUE TEARS CHARACTER DESIGNS GOT THE IROHA SAMEFACE TREATMENT. GRRRRR. Seriously that was like one of the best things about True Tears... the character designs T.T. They got nerfed .

Who the hell hired the blizzard balancing team on the True Tears character designers?
Old 2013-11-27, 03:21   Link #328
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

It's true, nerfs are bad. Hiromi couldn't catch the ball (even if Wakana messed up a bit) like some scrub moe girl out of a Kyoani anime. Hiromi is a star player after all and PAW/TT MVP-- she never fucks up much. But at least they still look decent and hope they'll do something like Carnival Phantasm but for this set of characters someday.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-11-27, 03:26   Link #329
Pocari_Sweat

Well... at least PAW is looking like they having loads of fun whilst making that and also that combined music concert. Too bad we won't ever see the light of day regarding that concert unless you want to buy those overpriced blurays/dvds.

On another True Tours is still not completely available in English yet and it's been more than 6 months -_-'
Old 2013-11-27, 07:31   Link #330
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, if they had kept the more distinctive faces for the True Tears girls, it may have made the more "same-faced" girls look weird by comparison.

So they had two options - "downscale" the True Tears girls, or "upscale" the HSI/Tari Tari girls. The latter would take a helluva lot more work, and could come out looking very weird, so they downscaled the True Tears girls. Unfortunate, but I can see the rationale here.
Old 2013-11-27, 09:21   Link #331
Arya

Nice video, but too short. About Hiromi downscaling/upscaling if I had to nip-tick I lament more her original bust.
The new one feels unnatural for Hiromi.

/nip-tick off

Anyways, I got surprised that among all the new PAW girls, despite Sawa is always awesome, the one I'd like to see animated is Konatsu. Obviously both Sawa/Konatsu whould be even better, their interactions where great. I can't say the same for the HSI cast, of which, bar Ohana, I almost forgot their names.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 11:23   Link #332
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's great to see girls from various anime (that I happened to enjoy too) playing together. My dream is that they show Sawa and Nako symmetrically dock...
Old 2013-12-02, 07:15   Link #333
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I bring bad news and good. First, the bad. Due to production circumstances, the release is delayed from 2013/12/25 to 2014/02/26.

Now good news. Here are trial listening versions of the bonus CDs included with the LE:
Disc 3:
String orchestra "Three memories" special CD
01. Reflectie
02. Hana no Iro
03. Omokage Warp
04. Dreamer
05. Kokoro no Senritsu

Disc 4:
Theme song chorus arrange special CD
01. Reflectie
02. Aburamuji no Uta
03. Hana no Iro
04. Kage Fumi
05. Dreamer
06. Shiokaze no Harmony

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 11:03   Link #334
Pocari_Sweat

It's funny how much better the string instrumental and the choir versions of the nano.ripe songs are better than nano.ripe themselves!
Old 2013-12-02, 19:16   Link #335
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I've been thinking that was a good idea for a long time. Nano.ripe songs are so much better when you remove the singers.

Did they fucking make orchestra of the cockroach song? Fucking... lol'd

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-12-03, 11:42   Link #336
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

nano.RIPE's songs are great. The only problem is the vocalist's voice, which I got used to over the years (or maybe she got better?). I'm currently loving the Non Non Biyori OP.
Old 2013-12-03, 15:06   Link #337
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I consider nano.RIPE an acquired taste. Their music is good, but their singer has such a unique voice that it may be hard for people to get into them. It took me a while to like them, and I do remember that voice to be a bit of a hurdle to overcome, but once I got used to it, it really made me appreciate them more.
Old 2013-12-05, 02:07   Link #338
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I have no issues with nano.RIPE whatsoever, I personally find it fascinating how people find the vocalist's voice "nasally and horrendous" when you hear favourite characters in anime share the exact same features. To each their own, I suppose.

As for me, I think their songs are super unique and full of instrumental energy. You could jump between my two favourite songs "Lip Sync" and "Tsuki Hana" and feel the massive contrast between styles. Regardless, they both sound awesome. I'm glad they put them in that concert video because they sound even better live.

P.S. That crossover is epic, I just got through rewatching Tari Tari again too. Made me remember just how much I like that show, really fantastic stuff.
Old 2014-03-24, 00:37   Link #339
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Sooo, they subbed that PA works crossover video, and we finally have a case where Hiromi and Wakana meets the idiots at Kissou! I forgot how to spell the name of the in but who the fuck cares?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But yea, it was quite fun to view, but it's unfortunate Ohana didn't get too much focus nor did she sparkle. And there are also more fanservice shots, but like every fanservice shot from PA, it just drags the thing down.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-03-24, 00:48   Link #340
Pocari_Sweat

Yeh, that "pillow fight" scene was probably the best scene out of that clip or whatever the hell it was. I like how Wakana and Yuina is drinking soda and watching dem other inferior characters make a fool out of themselves . But in the end, it's a bunch of fan-service for PA Works fans (both in the literal meaning and in boob/ass shots herp). It's hilarious how only Taichi and Wien make a cameo for like 2 seconds and no other male PA character showed up.

The best bits of that "PA Works Joint Festival" concert though were the orchestral and choir versions of the various OPs/EDs and insert songs. The full live choir version of Reflectia and the orchestral version of the Tari Tari OP were in particular amazing. The most lolwut was the choir version of Noe's cockroach song (). I still can't believe they made that into a choir piece. And orchestral/choir songs of Nano.ripe > nano.ripe themselves, though nano.ripe actually sounds ok live - she didn't do that forced nasal voice shit. In fact eufonius live was pretty bad and probably the worst haha.

On a somewhat related topic, Glasslip was announced as PA Works next project. I think this is the first time PAW announced 2 anime original projects (the previous one being Nagi no Asu Kara) side by side. Regardless, looking very forward to it as it has the director for True Tears with the series composer and producer for Tari Tari. That's a winner combo for me. No Mari Okada this time (HELL YES!) and no Kaname Sekiguchi (so hopefully there will be less sameface syndrome). Less teenage wangst/melodrama and more coming of age/"natural" drama please.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2014-03-24 at 01:26. Reason: Added stuff

Tags
p.a. works, studios