AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-16, 13:29   Link #41
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
It's at times like this when I regret reading the manga. If I had seen this without knowing what would happen, I would be wowed by the twists, suspenseful moments and when certain characters die.

=(
I was starting to feel the same way. Sigh...

This is one of the few shows that I WANT them to make filler for. They make filler for most Shonen Jump anime, so I want to see new Death Note material, even if it's bad.

What would be REAAAAALLY awesome is if they animated the original Death Note novel (the one that ties into the movie) and animated it, but I doubt it. It will probably stick strictly to the manga like the Monster anime did.

Monster anime had 74 episodes to cover 18 volumes of manga (roughly 4 episodes = 1 volume manga, by math). If Death Note does go the same route (approx. 4 episodes per 1 volume), the anime will be about 48 episodes long. I'm guessing it will go for 48~52 episodes if it has no filler or bonus episodes. On one hand, it's Madhouse making this anime, so they will probably do what they did with Monster and simply make a faithful adaptation of the manga. But on the other hand, it's a Shounen Jump series and producers are going to want to milk every penny out of it possible and make it run as long as possible if it has high ratings, so they could either drag it out (nooo~~) or add filler (yesss~~).
Old 2006-09-16, 14:20   Link #42
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Site

Fairly sparse, and Flash:
http://www.ntv.co.jp/deathnote/

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2006-09-16, 14:59   Link #43
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So does anyone know who's directing it?
Old 2006-09-18, 05:15   Link #44
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
It's at times like this when I regret reading the manga. If I had seen this without knowing what would happen, I would be wowed by the twists, suspenseful moments and when certain characters die.
Except that you already experienced those suspenseful twists while reading the manga. Does it really matter if you get your suspense while watching the anime or reading the manga?

Is suspense superior in anime?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-09-18, 14:55   Link #45
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce
Hee, any idea where to watch the death note tv ad? as in... is it frm an interview of 中村獅童 (tt guy as ryuuk) or juz any normal ad? is it being uploaded on youtube yet? cos' i am actually quite curious to watch the whole ad. thanks.
Found it on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4CQ9PUkuw. Looks awesome.
Old 2006-09-18, 19:18   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Except that you already experienced those suspenseful twists while reading the manga. Does it really matter if you get your suspense while watching the anime or reading the manga?

i guess there isnt the satisfaction of seening the suspense animated again when you already know whts gona happen...it just wont feel the same imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru
Found it on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4CQ9PUkuw. Looks awesome
whow...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-18, 20:02   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
i guess there isnt the satisfaction of seening the suspense animated again when you already know whts gona happen...it just wont feel the same imo
I think NoSanninWa-san was, rather, inclining toward if one form of media can dish out "suspense" better than the other. To my belief, the answer lies to each-of-one's-own, meaning, there is no correct answer. What we all know is that manga version can be limited in visualization than the animated version in certain aspect of storytelling for obvious reasons.

Quote:
whow...
--Whoa-- indeed!
Old 2006-09-18, 23:07   Link #48
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Wow. O_O It looks awesome! And I like the background music. *squeels and twirls around happily* TWO WEEKS LEFT!
Old 2006-09-19, 07:33   Link #49
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru
Found it on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4CQ9PUkuw. Looks awesome.

Thanks!!!! WOW...it definitely looks good... *counting down* to 3rd Oct... XD
Old 2006-09-21, 12:41   Link #50
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

Seeing Death Note in animated form, with music and all, would leave more of a mark in my mind than the manga did. Can't explain it properly, but IMO Death Note in anime form would be more "seamless", therefore epic and less rigid "jumping from frame to frame" in the manga. Like the anime is doing all the work and sucking me into the world of Death Note. Heh.

This is IF the manga and anime versions are more or less the same. If the pacing was played out as they had it in my head, I could imagine being excited tuning in week after week to see what happens. If "L" or "Light" managed to actually succeed in whatever plot they had. Death Note isn't extremely predictable, which would make tuning in to find out the result even more satisfying.

If you know what I mean.
Old 2006-09-21, 15:08   Link #51
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

the awsomeness...

i think that the anime would be better then the manga. i mean because you see it happen then you see cool effects.
Old 2006-09-21, 15:25   Link #52
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgntig
i think that the anime would be better then the manga. i mean because you see it happen then you see cool effects.
With Death Note, I think so too. With other stuff, like Midori no Hibi, I actually preferred it in manga form.
Old 2006-09-30, 01:26   Link #53
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Aaand the promo is out! Even though it was very short (is this the usual case of promos? I rarely watch them), I can feel it's gonna be grrreat. Loved Light's and Ryuuk's voice actors.

3 DAYS LEFT!!!11!!1
Old 2006-09-30, 15:58   Link #54
myopius

Yeah Light's voice actor is definitely adequate, if that's Light's voice. The animation of Light executing a criminal was really pretty magnificent, he was just superhuman in the way he moved his pen to the paper. Other animation seemed iffy, but then again it's adapted from a non-action manga.

I have to admit that I've grown to dislike the overly shounen-y music, though. Also, if that shot of Ryuk beside Light is from the opening, I think I'd like Monster's opening much more.
Old 2006-09-30, 16:50   Link #55
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I noticed the episode count listed in ANN:

http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop...me.php?id=6592

It's says 37 episodes are planned. That's a really odd number to use unless that number holds some significance. Nonethless that should be enough, right?
Old 2006-09-30, 17:55   Link #56
mysterious_w

Heard the manga for this was pretty amazing, but I prefer anime adaptions almost always, so I'm interested in this one a lot. Trailer was interesting too.
Old 2006-09-30, 18:08   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
It's says 37 episodes are planned. That's a really odd number to use unless that number holds some significance. Nonethless that should be enough, right?
1st season 12ep
2nd season 12ep
3rd season 12ep
final 1ep
just a guess but i really wont mind how long this gets as long as its good ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-30, 21:04   Link #58
chucky
Always impatient

They better rewrite the ending or there is no point of watching it.

If they cant rewrite the story, I would say prolly forget the 2nd part.

Last edited by chucky; 2006-09-30 at 21:34.
Old 2006-09-30, 21:19   Link #59
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Chucky-san, a lot of people, including me, didn't even sniff the manga, (not exactly sure why anyone would sniff) let alone read it. A revelation of such event should never ever be revealed in a thread that is dedicated to the A N I M E only. In fact, it shouldn't be mentioned even under a spoiler tag. I sincerely hope you will edit as soon as possible. Please!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
1st season 12ep
2nd season 12ep
3rd season 12ep
final 1ep
just a guess but i really wont mind how long this gets as long as its good ^_^
I believe 1st and 2nd season will run 13-14 episodes that corresponds to the weeks a season consists of, given there are no holidays or other incident that might interrupt the weekly schedule. 3rd season will take care of the remaining of the episodes.
Old 2006-09-30, 21:49   Link #60
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Chucky-san, a lot of people, including me, didn't even sniff the manga, (not exactly sure why anyone would sniff) let alone read it. A revelation of such event should never ever be revealed in a thread that is dedicated to the A N I M E only. In fact, it shouldn't be mentioned even under a spoiler tag. I sincerely hope you will edit as soon as possible. Please!?
Done. And sorry first, but.... one note: a lot of people here read the manga before and well, I think you are right about not to reveal anything substantial, but yet you cant stop manga readers from talking about what they would expect from the adaptation.
And those ever bitching about they dont wanna hear anything from manga readers will taste my wraith. Consider yourself be warned for the last time.
Closed Thread