AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-14, 15:17   Link #321
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
LOL @ the second episode as well.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 15:49   Link #322
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
As for the ep, it was a nice quarrel-and-makeup episode. And the animation looks deceptively good at spots. It's like it uses more frames per second than many other anime at spots.

Also, the ED is definitely one of my faves this season. So relaxing and yet so sad...
Yeah they definitely ramped up the framerate for the kitten scene for like 10 secs there or so. You can tell it's much smoother than the surrounding animation.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 16:51   Link #323
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some amazing animation and art detail in some of the segments, both Tsugumi and Nagi benefited tremendously from that -- especially if you watch that segment at the table when Nagi is "explaining herself" ... and the episode contained a considerable amount of plot and dialog --- some very good editing to collect all that into the episode.

I really like the prayer song chant in the ED.
Old 2008-10-14, 17:07   Link #324
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
DVD announcements are out on the official site. A notable extra is the ending illustration pinup for each episode, making it 2/DVD. Ep1's by Kadowaki Satoshi, chief animation director, and Ep2's by Takeuchi Takashi of TYPE-MOON fame.
Who is the artist for theYoko/Nia cosplay illustration for episode 3?

http://i37.tinypic.com/dc4imo.jpg
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 17:09   Link #325
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Some amazing animation and art detail in some of the segments, both Tsugumi and Nagi benefited tremendously from that -- especially if you watch that segment at the table when Nagi is "explaining herself" ... and the episode contained a considerable amount of plot and dialog --- some very good editing to collect all that into the episode.

I really like the prayer song chant in the ED.
I concur, the animation is truly dazzling: now a challenge would be to search for the longest still-frame used

And the ED song is probably one of the most beautiful I have heard, with the one of Fantastic Children.
Old 2008-10-14, 17:11   Link #326
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not to derail the thread; but there are a couple of theories.
1) If you look at the first four episodes of Lucky*Star, they're a fairly close rendition of the source 4-koma skits with only minor 'easter eggs' or 'cultural references' or 'product placement'. The "gods" wanted much much more and perhaps he resisted.
2) He got caught in the internal office politics; perhaps pissed off the wrong guy....
I do believe that Kannagi and Toradora are my favorites for the season. In second tier is Kyou no Go no Ni - mostly because it lead me to the superb OVAs; and perhaps Hyakko (not as happy with it as I originally thought). There's a few in third tier but I find them more easily forgettable when not actually watching them.
Those are interesting possibilities. As was mentioned before, I'd add the possibility that he isn't that great at managing one or both of time and money.

I like the shows you mention, too. There are also shows in somewhat different genres that keep lingering in my mind: ef memories, Vampire Knight, Kurozuka, Mouryou no Hako. There are a lot of other watchable shows this season, too -- fortunately or unfortunately.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 17:43   Link #327
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've not had a chance to look at ef memories but am downloading them for later since i thought the first season was an interesting effort.

Haven't had a chance to think about Kurozaka or Mouryou no Hako .. and I stopped watching VK about halfway through last season... just wasn't pressing any buttons for me.

With classes this fall (yes, classes), my anime frittering time is pretty tight.
Old 2008-10-14, 18:21   Link #328
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not familiar with the names, but my previous understanding was that the episode "animation director" was really more of an animation supervisor, checking consistency more than anything, and that the look was established by the director and the overall animation director. How does an episode's animation director affect an episode's animation?
It's hard to tell. But I'll suggest you check animation directors' names of your favourite episodes and start with this point: the look of an episode is established by the episode animation director. You will be able to see some new viewpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
whoah from anime to frame rate umm question how does quality improve on frame rates????

is it low frame rate high quality or the opposite???
It depends on animators' skills. It might sound ridiculous, but that is the way it is.

As for ep2, All I can say is, I would have enjoyed myself without Kadowaki. Numata and Kannagi fit together much better than I thought. I was worrying about nothing.
And about 2's thing... Each motion has proper frame rate to it. A whole episode made in 2's ignoring the theory is just a mistake. Was that done because Yamakan is full-animation-oriented?
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 18:30   Link #329
Anime Daisuki

I like this series more so then everything else that has come out. Looking forward to episode 3.
Old 2008-10-14, 19:29   Link #330
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Oh god what can I say, I didn't expect that Kannagi would be one of my more closely watched anime this season. The opening is catchy as hell, but I have to wonder if it will actually have anything to do with the story later. The first two episodes were beautiful, and I actually plan to re-watch them later on. Even tough the whole concept has been done a million times, the characters, animation, and humor is what's drawing me in. As long as they keep those three things in tact, this could be my anime of the season.
Old 2008-10-14, 19:52   Link #331
Gin456

I have known it in the name of "Crazy Shrine Maiden".The character designs, animation production and general flow of this series is superb.
Kannagi is Luckystar of this season. I can not wait for next episode.
Gin456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:03   Link #332
davie

I was a bit skeptical about this series but it was very enjoyable to watch. AHH
davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:51   Link #333
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
Can you make me this one of this scene? I couldn't figure out how to cut it the size while making it look good

I know this isn't a tutorial board, but how do you lower the image resolution to just under 50kb regardless of the number of frames? since I noticed most of your gifs are barely under 50kb
sure, but some of the quality is gone...

I usually play around with the color gamut and the dither levels... but they don't reduce the size of the file as much as discarding frames. There's a trick when only a small portion of the image is moving, but that has been rarely the case here...

you should check this thread for all your sig/avatar questions... I'm not really good myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Could someone make an animated gif (sans subs) of 20:40 - 20:50 of ep 2?

No need to make it small, I'll take the original size!
do you want the animated gift with the size of the video as well?

if that's the case, I will try to get it done later....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Meh problem is they she has sooo many unique frames in most of the things worth making an avy for your either gonna have to cut down the color quality alot and even then your still gonna end up killing alot of frames thus defeating the purpose of trying to capture her animated goodness...

So you get left with at best capturing incredibly short snips of her motion like Falk did, which lacks the fluidity I'd love to capture in her longer motions...

This is why I went back to statics heh...

*edit*

Just because I didn't wanna trash it...Very AS-unfriendly Nagi.
just realized how hard is to make avies from the opening sequence without losing too much quality... let's blame it on the size limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Someone needs to make a gif of when Nagi is learning to dance. I thought that was funny.
sort of hard given that some text is covering part of the dance, and the clean frames left are probably not as funny or fluid... :/ anyway, my best attempt... hopefully somebody can do a better job than me. :/

@ Eczema

I'm not sure if these are the ones you wanted, but I will try to do more on the weekend, hopefully--as I'm sort of busy the following days...

for some reason I find this one hilarious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Yeah they definitely ramped up the framerate for the kitten scene for like 10 secs there or so. You can tell it's much smoother than the surrounding animation.
oh yes, I can confirm that...

geez, sometimes I wonder if there's really a reason to make a scene like that so smooth--other than trying to awe/surprise the audience. It's for a few seconds but I guess any cat-lover would appreciate it... just for the cuteness.

Last edited by Falkor; 2008-10-14 at 23:01. Reason: some typo... I guess
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:48   Link #334
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
It would seem that kitten scene is a serious moment hence the additional animation sequences. In the manga, it is a very poignant and emotional scene.
Old 2008-10-14, 21:49   Link #335
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah Falkor, just keep it at the original size of the video.

:3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:51   Link #336
G.o.S
~desu♥

Love this scene, lolz. Wonder how she kept her skirt not falling down? Jezz, I know guys all do this... but... first time I see a girl scratch her foot like that, priceless IMO

Tomatsu Haruka definitely makes the show for me. She is fabulous as Nagi's VA, the thousand(?) year-old goddess, and she can even sing. Add her to my fav seiyuu list
Old 2008-10-14, 21:53   Link #337
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

What other roles has she done? Her voice sounds familiar...
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:54   Link #338
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
What other roles has she done? Her voice sounds familiar...
Corti in Polyphonica, Sumi in Moetan, Shiho in Zettai Karen Children, Chika in Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Lala in To Love-Ru, and right now she's also voicing MM in Kemeko Deluxe.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 22:06   Link #339
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Guess I was wrong. I haven't seen any of those shows.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 22:27   Link #340
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

This series had me from the first episode's Nagi appearance scene. Simply wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.o.S View Post
Love this scene, lolz. Wonder how she kept her skirt not falling down?
Magic Skirt

@Eczema: Haruka Tomatsu is rapidly becoming one of my favourite new seiyuu: great singing voice, excellent range - light, serious, and (all at the same time!)
Kana Hanazawa also deserves a mention next to Tomatsu; having already appeared three times, the two might soon become the next Horie-Tamura.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen