AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 17:01   Link #3061
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Alan Wake

Playing with my best friend, cause I'm a total wuss when it comes to horror games
We're just through the second episode and I really like it till now. The fights are more action packed than I would have imagined, but despite the surprise attacks I'm still scared when playing.
It's also pretty fun to debate about what is going on, a real bonus when you're playing with someone else.

The stamina of Alan is laughable, though. So he can dodge axes and fire guns, but can't even run as much as me? Puss*!

I'm going to be sad if the coffe cans turn out to be simple collectibles and aren't connected to the story at all. I would like a coffee methaphore. Since I like coffee. And metaphores.
Mr. Wake ain't the fittest horror story author out there, mind you.
The coffee thermos are just collectibles in the game, I think (I should go back to that game and find the rest).
Alan Wake is definitely a great game.

Finally managed to get all 3-star rankings in all cups and classes in Mario Kart 7.
I'll move on to Super Mario 3D Land and Starfox 64 3D once I have some more free time.
(And more PC gaming while I'm at it)
Old 2012-04-09, 17:16   Link #3062
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend. I played it before, took a long break from it and decided to pick it up again. I am so rusty.
Old 2012-04-09, 17:30   Link #3063
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Played some Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 03:42   Link #3064
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Started playing JA2 Urban Chaos again after a corrupt save game ruined my current play through. So I've now restarted with a the v1.13 release and am still getting used to all the features.

Ultimately I think the game will be so much more enjoyable but I'm still struggling for equipment for my mercs even with Enemies Drop All Items enabled.

So far the only long arms I have in my squad is an SKS, PP-19-01 and the star of the fleet, a crappy CAR-15.

I started with five mercs - three hired and two IMPs, one based after myself and the other after my girlfriend for shits and giggles, she's the markswoman and I'm the squad leader.

And before even leaving Atrema, I have eight mercenaries and a bloody GAZ jeep. Two mercs are just useless in a fight but still useful for repairing items and carrying gear.

Love the feature of vehicles being able to carry kit now too.

And had to laugh the first time I saw SUPPRESSING FIRE!! in use by the enemy. One bloke fired what must have been an entire magazine from his Vz.81 at my squad, the rounds went over our heads causing one of the mercs I had to call some very close calls and hit a bloke behind us we didn't even see!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 13:48   Link #3065
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
The coffee thermos are just collectibles in the game, I think (I should go back to that game and find the rest).
Now I'm sad
Would have been so smart if they had a place in the story, too. Coffee gets mentioned so much anyway.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 18:54   Link #3066
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

DJMax Portable Black Square (PSP)
I enjoy many of the songs, but I really hate this game's difficulty >_<
Old 2012-04-10, 23:35   Link #3067
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Da Capo Innocent Finale @PC, happy i found this gem, wanted more with Kotori XD.
Old 2012-04-12, 19:45   Link #3068
Dextro
He Without a Title

Just got Mass Effect 3 (360) in the mail so I'm going off the grid for a while. Yes I am aware of how contested the ending has been but I am also aware of how much people are praising the rest of the game so I have to experience it for myself.

First thought: the soundtrack is clearly inferior to the previous two games. It's obvious that it's trying to imitate them but it doesn't have quite the same brilliance. Also: that scan every time I go into the bridge is going to be mighty annoying indeed!
Old 2012-04-12, 19:52   Link #3069
Haladflire65
*Artist

Devil May Cry 4! Mostly because I thought the character designs were awesome, but it's proving to be very fun to do! And it's something that my poor little laptop actually meets the system requirements for and can run
Old 2012-04-12, 20:20   Link #3070
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Just got Mass Effect 3 (360) in the mail so I'm going off the grid for a while. Yes I am aware of how contested the ending has been but I am also aware of how much people are praising the rest of the game so I have to experience it for myself.

First thought: the soundtrack is clearly inferior to the previous two games. It's obvious that it's trying to imitate them but it doesn't have quite the same brilliance. Also: that scan every time I go into the bridge is going to be mighty annoying indeed!
It actually reuses a lot of ME2's soundtrack, especially the tracks from the big DLCs.
Old 2012-04-13, 06:37   Link #3071
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It actually reuses a lot of ME2's soundtrack, especially the tracks from the big DLCs.
I did notice quite a few familiar tracks, that explains it
Old 2012-04-13, 09:28   Link #3072
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Must...stop...playing...dark souls!
Old 2012-04-14, 01:17   Link #3073
FrequentGamer
Nocturnal

after 524 hours of game play i finaly completly soloed MHFU, every download quest, every title, every training, every quest 100%. ._. think im done there now.
completly soloed MHP3RD also.
started playing harvest moon(original) and am on year 3 and wife is ann.
found my way back to castle in FF1, finnaly.
beat disgaea 2 completly.
fully soloed MH Tri, yes even the online quests!
and thats all.
Old 2012-04-15, 00:39   Link #3074
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Just completed Mass Effect 1. Gonna start on Mass Effect 2 and finally ease my conscience on the matter.
Old 2012-04-15, 04:38   Link #3075
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Started playing Rusty Hearts on a more frequent basis. The improvements from closed beta are amazing, I actually hit LV20 in 4 hours, and the current cap is LV45 :O The dungeons may get a bit frustrating to solo later on, but this game has without a doubt, the best PvP system ever made. EVER!!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 05:52   Link #3076
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Just completed Mass Effect 1. Gonna start on Mass Effect 2 and finally ease my conscience on the matter.
Word of warning: prioritise side-quests at the start. And I won't say more out of spoilers. The second and third games are a lot better than the first even if I personally enjoyed the "feel" of the first a lot more. You might notice some retcons on 2 to your choices on 1 though but fear not, they get explained in the third.
Old 2012-04-15, 06:02   Link #3077
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Recently completed:

Mirror's Edge
Parasite Eve 2

Playing solidly:

Nothing.

Playing off and on:

Fallout New Vegas
Aion Online
Final Fantasy V Advance
SOL Exodus

Not sure if I'll continue:

Persona 3 Portable

Holding breath for:

LOH Trails in the Sky on Steam (please xseed, please, PSP sucks balls, let me play on my desktop!)
Old 2012-04-15, 09:00   Link #3078
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
LOH Trails in the Sky on Steam (please xseed, please, PSP sucks balls, let me play on my desktop!)
Hey, the PSP version was pretty awesome :P Not so thrilled that the sequel's coming on Vita....
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:51   Link #3079
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Replaying ME3 but now with the Femshep I created a few weeks ago in ME1. Darn, I hate the new walking animation when femshep is in the Normandy and on the Citadel.

Also playing The Last Story, need to finish it. And perhaps I'll continue with Fallout 3 or put it in hold and go with Just Cause 2.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 11:30   Link #3080
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Word of warning: prioritise side-quests at the start. And I won't say more out of spoilers. The second and third games are a lot better than the first even if I personally enjoyed the "feel" of the first a lot more. You might notice some retcons on 2 to your choices on 1 though but fear not, they get explained in the third.
Pfft, already been spoilered on most of the games. If you're talking about 2 choices, you're talking about the Councilor and Conrad Verner choices, right?