AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 22.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 44.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 20.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.69%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-21, 10:47   Link #61
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Is that another MariMite reference? Shiraishi as Yumi and (with drills) as Touko?
You know, I did not think about it. I was more thinking about his suggestion in a previous lucky channel or the fact that his voice actor did have pigtails and was pictured as twirling them in one photo.
But yeah, it could be a bit of all of that (marimite (running gag?), previous lucky channel and rl stuff about Shiraishi).
Old 2007-05-21, 12:07   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've liked Hirano Aya's work, but I never knew she was this good at comedy. Her Marimite stuff and evil ojou-sama laugh were pure gold. So were her breathing, eating, and drool-sucking sounds.

The early visual cut from imaginary flower-bedecked ojou-sama Konata to the real slouching otaku Konata was brilliant, especially with Aya's grunt.

Tsukasa's expressions during her fight to figure out how to work her phone were funny, but maybe a little broader and more ordinary than this show's normal style of humor. Her crying the next day was beautifully done.

And I'll add Strawberry Panic to the list of shows referenced that were not Kadokawa titles.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-21 at 12:31.
Old 2007-05-21, 12:13   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Her Marimite stuff and evil ojou-sama laugh were pure gold. So were her breathing, eating, and drool-sucking sounds.

Why does that just sound dirty to me for some reason.
Old 2007-05-21, 12:44   Link #64
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Now I remember where I have heard Aya's ojou-sama voice: as Kahlua Marjoram in GA II.

Loved how they even changed the eye design for her ojou-sama mode and how Miyuki was able to talk to Konata so effortlessly.
Old 2007-05-21, 15:56   Link #65
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Is that another MariMite reference? Shiraishi as Yumi and (with drills) as Touko?
Not so much a Maria reference.

It was one of the several general references (タテロール) which looks like a twin set of drills. Sebastian the bulter is another general reference although it stems from Heidi.

As for the Strawberry Panic! OP (くちびる白昼夢), Hata Aki wrote the lyrics for that and もってけ!セーラーふく
Old 2007-05-21, 15:57   Link #66
pomps
グ~…

Because she's the real ojousan that happened to go to the same school with the other three .
Old 2007-05-21, 21:40   Link #67
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level E View Post
As for the Strawberry Panic! OP (くちびる白昼夢), Hata Aki wrote the lyrics for that and もってけ!セーラーふく
I didn't even realise the lyrics for Motteke!SeraFuku were written. I imagined something involving a dart board or the ladder game.
Old 2007-05-21, 21:51   Link #68
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Either its finals ... or the work of subbing these episodes must be getting alligator-infested swamp deep. Everyone's falling off their initial pace a bit.
gambatte yo...
Old 2007-05-21, 22:50   Link #69
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Either its finals ... or the work of subbing these episodes must be getting alligator-infested swamp deep. Everyone's falling off their initial pace a bit.
gambatte yo...
"A bit"? Gawd, [a.f.k.]'s the fastest group to come out with Rakisuta subs these days, and when that happens, you know you've got a monkey on your hands.
Old 2007-05-21, 23:26   Link #70
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
~
Loved how they even changed the eye design for her ojou-sama mode and how Miyuki was able to talk to Konata so effortlessly.
They were basically mimicking MariMite's artstyle (which makes it all the more hilarious), just like how they totally altered their artstyle to mimic Initial D in the previous episode.

Just goes to show how skilful the animators are in adopting different artstyles on the fly (since each studio generally has a "signature style").

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-22, 14:19   Link #71
Boukenxha

Spoiler for ep 7 and Marimite:
Old 2007-05-22, 15:08   Link #72
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
07 is out by a.f.k. Pretty good time once again, though not quite as good as last week.

Old 2007-05-22, 15:09   Link #73
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
07 is out by a.f.k. Pretty good time once again, though not quite as good as last week.
Beat me by one minute.

But yeah... it's nice having some good subs coming out sooner than they used to be. I get impatient for conversation on the episodes.
Old 2007-05-22, 16:27   Link #74
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Beat me by one minute.

But yeah... it's nice having some good subs coming out sooner than they used to be. I get impatient for conversation on the episodes.
dammit its so annoying knowing its out and yet being unable to watch it..

guess i have to wait for the stream since i cant torrent.
Old 2007-05-22, 16:41   Link #75
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Hmm, somehow this show is actually getting better to me; I'm not sure if the new director has anything to do with it or not.

Shiraishi's scene was great. I love how that seiyu's been typecast in Kyoani's productions. Konata doing the Marimate impersonation was hysterical. Poor Kagami breathing fire... So many good things this ep!
Old 2007-05-22, 16:54   Link #76
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I'm definitely feeling that way too... each episode has been better than the last. Though Lucky Channel is the only thing I feel that has stayed at a stand-still (the jokes haven't gotten worse.. it's just that they use the same joke over and over), Minoru has been getting better and better for me. This episode was great for him in particular.

I hope they'll be able to keep up the improvements with each episode.. I'm slightly paranoid that they'll reach a point in which they come to a stand-still, but eh, we'll find out ne.
Old 2007-05-22, 17:17   Link #77
aorta

I find that if I go back and watch episode one it is better because I know the characters more.
Old 2007-05-22, 17:19   Link #78
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Small thing that popped into my head: Has anyone noticed that ever since the new director came to production, besides Tsukasa getting more coverage, that Kagami started referring to Konata as "Konata-san"? She never included that honorific in episodes 1-4.

I have to wonder whether that's the director not favoring Konata x Kagami or simply his attempt to make Kagami's formal personality stand out more.
Old 2007-05-22, 17:21   Link #79
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Shiosai, Risaa, you can count me in that bag, too (it could be because we know the characters better now, though...). Although I did like the first episodes, too, the later ones just seemed to put off the air there was in between the earlier and the next level of greatness every time another episode aired... OK, now that was over-expressed, but you get my point, right?

And I just translated the "The cornet figure of a tan-belly... When you put it on the side it becomes a figure that's lying down... When it's lying down it's even better... A cornet figure..." @ 8:36-8:40...

Somehow it just seemed funny to me if thought about in many ways... Maybe I'm just too tired right now... LOL
Old 2007-05-22, 17:23   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hm... Konata's marimite was too snobbish for me.

Also, I have two questions:
- is her father a hobo?
- what does she cosplay as at work?
Closed Thread