AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-16, 05:22   Link #48441
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, I just make few changes later.
Old 2013-11-16, 08:26   Link #48442
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hey, have anyone here thinking about writing an IS-based book, like "All you need to know about Infinite Stratos"?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 09:13   Link #48443
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

When we don't even know half of their mysterious technologies? That's gonna take a lot of handwaves.
Old 2013-11-16, 09:26   Link #48444
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, just the basic. And beside, a catalouge of OC machines is always an option.

Finally decided to get back to my Code Geass fic... Oh well, time to get serious!
Old 2013-11-16, 09:47   Link #48445
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Question: What would Rin help Cecilia to cook?

Answer: Mapo Tofu.

Question: What would be the result?

Answer: Instant pyro-genocide.
Old 2013-11-16, 10:00   Link #48446
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

How about stories like Masuzu/Box's "Before Stratos"? Telling the tales of the Cadet CCs as to how they came to be? Though it's gonna be a little awkward that despite possible epic developments, their personalities get torpedoed in canon...

Onto Athena, I once mentioned that the Minerva's arm cannon serves as a limiter of some sort that once it gets ditched, Inami goes NT-D on whoever his opponent is, IS and non-IS alike.

This fight scene gives an idea of how he goes about doing just that. (sans the fatality)
Old 2013-11-16, 11:46   Link #48447
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Time, space, nothing matters when you really think about it. Reality is stranger than fiction and Ichika could honestly say that this statement applied to him very well. After all, in this place where no one knows, in this place where no one expects, in this place where no one knew what was happening, he was holding a gun as he rode an elevator lift down to a sea of people.

“So how do you like the Sephirot so far?”

Ichika looked around to the poorly maintained vehicle encasing them. His ears suffering from the screeches of protest from all sides by the abused machine.

“Not very much.”

“Quite the customer.”, the man blew out a plume of smoke. “I wonder what Prophet saw in you.”

“Prophet?”

“The boss.”

That clarificatin out of the way, the man proceeded to ignore Ichika to concentrate on his smoke. Calm was the last thing Ichika expected anyone to be considering the deathtrap they rode, but the man seemingly had nerves of steel. Ichika himself gave up and decided to just keep faith that the contraption wouldn't fall apart half-way.

People littered the floor below. The young man in the elevator observed them and he realized that the differences between the men and women were more than just the weapons. Race, age, culture, everything was different. There were a pair of caucasian women with grenades and assault rifles, some men in suits who contrasted brightly with dull brown while the other wore neon green. An African-american woman with a very interesting hand axe and kkri was in intense debate with what Ichika identified as the standard japanese gyaru who was also armed with a pocket pistol around the scandalous region of her thigh.

The world is wide, and reality is stranger than fiction. Those realizations swirled inside Ichika. Time could possibly stretch on forever, but when interest is taken in a specific portion of the universe, the temporal ebb seems to go more smoothly. In less flowery terms, time sure flies when you're distracted.

Death trap or no, both Ichika and the man safely alighted onto the ground floor. The people of the Sephirot paid them no heed. Still working, still milling about, still bickering. It was like one huge operation where even the pettiest of squabbles was an important function to all who worked there.

Ichika gave the place another once over and asked to confirm, “Are those two over there really arguing wether maple syrup or chocolate syrup is better with pancakes?”

Ichika's guide looked back to the pair being spoken of. “Oh those two? Yeah. Thanna and Corrie have issues. They argue pretty much over everything. Kind of like sisters really.”

“Sisters?”

“Well yeah. I mean they argue about the most trivial of things. They never hate each other for it but they argue a lot. Isn't it normal to argue with your siblings?”

“Yeah.”

He lied. Ichika didn't know if it was normal. After all, he never once argued with his sister. It was always a “yes.” or a polite nod with which he answered her. He never even really answered her so much as answered to her. Siblings argue, but he never did with his sister. It was normal to argue about the smallest of things, even such small things as preferring maple or chocolate syrup for their pancakes.

“So what kind syrup do you like? I'm a maple man myself.”

Ichika gave his guide a once over. His face betrayed no emotion, not even apathy.

“Corn syrup.”, was his simple answer.

People, people, there were way too many people. More than he had seen from the elevator. Men, women, the differences were more diverse than he had initially seen. African? Caucasian? Asian? Police officer? Old men? Gyaru? Whatever the case all of those and more numbered the population within this expanded office. Invisible walls erected by individual worries isolated each one from another. Those that were part of a conversation were conversing, those that ran records and errands did as they had to. There was no system, only chaos. But within that seeming anarchy Ichika could see the general flow within this sea of people. No rules had been posted up, no work flow designated, but each knew their place and did their best to achieve it. No one cared about the others' problems, rather no one had time to care about the others' problems. It was chaos, but it was ordered. An ordered chaos.

The two of them weaved seamlessly through the crowded floor. Dodging the occasional errand runner or avoiding the business end of haphazardly kept weapons. All in all, Ichika and the man in the suit made it through. To where though was a surprise.

“Well, here we are.”, the man smiled as he put out his smoke.

Ichika furrowed his brows at what lay before him. It was a desk, but not just any desk. It was his desk. A shiny wood polish of bright mahogany beamed at him with an imposing nameplate in the front written in both Japanese and romaji, Orimura Ichika.

“This is... mine?”, Ichika reached one hand out to touch the embossed metal plate. His fingers dipped into the sunken metal. His eyes traced the shapes and scanned the wooden desk to the cushioned chair. Other than those, the workspace was devoid of any materials. This was his, this is his.

“But what am I supposed to be doing?”

The teen watched the man in the suit carefully. Everyone on the floor became nothing more than white noise. “Why are you giving me a gun and this desk? What is this job that will let me change myself and change the world?”.

“Geez.”, the man scratched the back of his head. “Aren't you the curious one. Let me tell it to you in the simplest of terms. Our objective is simple: World Domination.”

“What?”

“World domination is our goal.”

Ichika couldn't believe his ears. “World Domination. Are you serious?”

The man in the suit just kept his smile. “Interesting isn't it?”

“You're insane.”

“Maybe just a little.”

“Tell me Orimura, why did you come here?”

“I wanted-”

I wanted to get away from my sister...

No!

I wanted my sister to live for herself...

No!

“You wanted to change didn't you?”

Ichika was stnned.

“Those were your own words. You wanted to change.”

That was the truth, Ichika wanted to change. He wanted to become someone his siste could rely on. He didn't wat the guilt that his sister was suffering for him anymore. What was he doing? He wanted things so much that he even came to this place. Ichika's hand gripped the revolver tightly, “This was a mistake.”.

“I'm not someone who can judge that. But are you really fine like this? Are you really just going back to that life you live through with regret? Follow the rules, follow the norms. Wait for oppurtunity to present itself to you before you move. Do you really think the world will wait for you?”

“Wha-”

“It won't. The world doesn't care about you Orimura Ichika. The individual known as Orimura Ichika is just a man, just another face, just another human with an X and Y chromosome. If you die, someone will cry, but the world will not care. You are a statistic. Let me ask you again Orimura Ichika. Will fate choose you or will you choose fate? Will you be swept away by the flow of the world? Or will you conquer it?”

Overwhelming, was this question this overwhelming? Ichika tried to speak, but he felt his throat constrict, his tongue like limp cotton. He could not make a sound even if he wanted. Conquer the world: “World Domination”. To take control of his surroundings. To change. That is what he wanted, that was his heart's desire. That was the truth of his wish.

“No more.”

“Hmm?”, the man leaned in closer to hear what the young man had to say.

“I won't-”

Tiriririt!

The sound of the high pitched alarm broke though the tense conversation and the noise of the working crowd.

Tiriririt!

It persisted until Ichika remembered that it was coming from himself, precisely it was the alarm of his watch. The time was 10:30 AM.

“Oh crap!”, Ichika paled at the digital numbers glaring at him. “I have to go!”. The young man ran past his companion in the suit.

“What about my question?”

“I don't have time for that! My entrance exams are coming up!”

“But your entrance exams ended an hour ago.”

“I rescheduled!”, Ichika boarded the deathtrap of a lift and smashed the “GO” button with his thumb repeatedly.

The man watched Ichika go as the lift lurched with a protesting screech of rusted metal. He was left stunned as Ichika left without much further ado. Once the surprise subsided, he sighed in disappointment, “So you chose to let fate take hold of you.”.

It was then he noticed something on Ichika's desk. It was the young man's celphone. On it was a tag which held his name, telephone number and address. The man smiled, “So you did choose your fate after all. You really are an interesting guy. Too bad. Right from the start, fate had already chosen you.”
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 17:23   Link #48448
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I added some additional changes to the document as well, Zero.
Old 2013-11-16, 21:22   Link #48449
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yep, I'll edit it again

Thank you!
Old 2013-11-16, 22:50   Link #48450
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

It's official! All of my fics are on hold untill I finished my Code Geass fic. 1, or 2 years? It's going to be a long time.

Weird, compare to all these time, 5 months is really a short period, and yet I've seen myself changed very much since the day I starting to write fic. And you?
Old 2013-11-16, 23:03   Link #48451
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
It's official! All of my fics are on hold untill I finished my Code Geass fic. 1, or 2 years? It's going to be a long time.
Which one, the xover or the 3-chaptered story?
Old 2013-11-16, 23:25   Link #48452
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

UPDATE HO!
Old 2013-11-16, 23:36   Link #48453
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yes, you deserve to keep posting it up - it's your idea for goodness sake.

And for some reason, I'm exhausted... see you all....

-looks at the chapter- ...

GRR!! Very last word is WRONG! It's suppose to be PrinciPAL, not PrinciPLE... those are two totally different things...! Zero! Correct this!!
Old 2013-11-16, 23:39   Link #48454
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sir yes sir!

FAST EDIT HO!
Old 2013-11-16, 23:55   Link #48455
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Another fabulous update! Great way to spend under these last glorius rays of Vietnam! But seriously, it's still sunny in November? And the record number of 14 typhoons in one season?

The 3-chaptered story, Zero. It's actually the base for my two crossover: One for Muv-Luv, one for Fate/Stay Night (actually a mash up of SN, Prototype, Extra,... Just like the formed to Total Eclipse, The Day After,...). Two of them are alternative timelines, having the same origin in my first fic, but are branching part of a tree.
Old 2013-11-17, 01:08   Link #48456
agetreme
Just another Idiot

<-------still working on his exam.

Since I had already spoil the fun stuff a long time ago...

Spoiler for I am mentally bored from exam:
Old 2013-11-17, 04:12   Link #48457
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

See, there is trace of Kamen Rider even in IS! Every Showa riders is a cyborg, the same with Tabane. Now all we need is a fancy-looking belt, great pose and HENSHIN!

If a country's pride lays a lot in Mondo Grosso, how severe do you guys think it would be in cheating that competition?
Old 2013-11-17, 04:34   Link #48458
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Done. First Part. Solved simply by throwing Murphy's Law into the mix and...there you go.
Quote:
<--------------->

IS / Gaiden

<--------------->

The sound of rolling, curling wheels came to a stop as the sky tram eased into its port. Sliding doors opened to the sun's cleansing light bathing away the darkness. On a weekend, the quiet breeze and warmth of the day went ignored by the many as they went their daily ways. Only the one girl departed at the stop, slowly walking into the cityscape like a snake through grass.

She fixed the cap on her head, further hiding her eyes from the light. As she did, she saw clouds in the distance, buoyed ever closer by the very breeze she was feeling.

Inner discomfort marred her features.

On she walked, ignored by the many as just another passer-by. The city fringe was muted in its colours, as if visualizing the change from the greys of concrete to the greener outskirts of the suburbs. The park she approached was more of the same, a quiet green of manicured lawn and stone and steel structures. Like white pins stuck into a green canvas the chairs and benches stood out, more an eyesore than a compliment to the landscape.

Alone on one bench sat another, much older girl. Her hair was the bluest of deep ocean waters, and flowed as such when she waved a small and ornate fan near her chest. Contentedly she waited, like a cat sunning herself in the warm day. Almost immediately she noticed the girl with the cap approach, and smiled at her.

"Won't you take a seat?"

The younger girl did not respond.

"Not even a hello, <Ren>-san?"

"I'll stand." <Ren> stuck her hands in her pockets, guarded.

The girl with the fan was lightly amused, knowing full well that she was playing with fire. The fan closed, but the ever-present smile remained unchanging.

"I take it you've heard the news?" Soft but scheming eyes twinkled. Hers was a smile that charmed men, but gave <Ren> no end of irritation.

<Ren> kept her silence, but looked away.

"You probably shouldn't have caused that mess with Dunois' security troupe a few weeks ago." Again the fan snapped closed, a cat's smile still evident on her face. "Seriously. Most of the heads of security in Japan, and even a few in other countries think you went overboard with the Cousseran affair. It's raised some concerns over your suitability for this role."

"Suitability." <Ren> forced a laugh that was devoid of all spirit.

"I heard some at Dunois Industries wanted to send a prototype 3rd-gen IS to take Charlotte-san back, but they let Cousseran act first. Hm." Tatenashi tapped the edge of the fan lightly on her full lips, in an almost enticing manner. "Care to tell me what happened?"

"Necessary roughness," was all <Ren> would say.

"What do you call 'Necessary'?" The cat's smile remained more a shield than the fan was.

"Whatever works. Whatever it takes."

"Hm." The catlike eyes narrowed.

"Watching over Orimura Ichika from the shadows is my duty." <Ren> did not look directly at the seated girl, instead eyeing the surroundings. No one else listened; they were alone in the park. "Not yours, Tatenashi Sarashiki."

"Oh, that will change from today onward."

<Ren>'s own eyes seemed to hiss, but she held her tongue.

"The Johohonbu have spoken with the Sarashiki family." Sarashiki began, pausing only to see <Ren>'s reaction. The lack of response was her cue to continue. "As I am already enrolled in IS Academy, I am to be responsible for protecting Orimura Ichika."

"The principal of IS Academy is playing favourites."

"Now, now. We act only at the behest of those in power." Tatenashi replied with a light voice but without her normal cheer. The cat was done playing with the snake. "Your family and mine have been doing this for a long time. Don't take life too seriously.”

"You don't take life seriously enough." <Ren> replied back, with a little more ice in her voice than was normal. "And this has nothing to do with our families."

"Correct."

<Ren> crossed her arms. "What are you getting at?"

"Simple." The firm sound of a fan slammed shut accompanied Tatenashi's new tack. "Do you want Tatenashi-onee-chan to pass on your love letters to him?"

"Do that and I'll cut open your throat where you stand."

"Oh, but I'm seated." Sarashiki chuckled again.

"Fine. I'll cut you open before you stand."

"Really, you." The cat's smile finally fell from Tatenashi's face. It was a dance of words, one with serious consequences. "What's a little joke between friends?"

"We're not friends."

Not at all like cat and mouse. It was between cobra and mongoose.

Tatenashi opened up her fan again, cooling herself against in the summer heat.

Or was it to hide her frustration?

The park remained empty, as both young women ceased moving. No words for that moment, as they kept guarded expressions.

It was a fight. Of wits and words.

"Since you're also in IS Academy as a student," <Ren> began the next round, but with more tension in her voice. "You don't have as much freedom to act behind the scenes."

"Oh, the Student Council President does have that freedom," Sarashiki's smile returned, but her eyes remained focused on <Ren>. "You, on the other hand? You have no access to the academy itself. Can you protect Orimura when you're on the outside?"

"There was that incident with the Golem attacking IS Academy." <Ren> snapped back, with a little more emotion than she wanted to reveal. "I didn't see you doing anything about that."

"Couldn't be helped. That was before my IS [Mysterious Lady] was completed." Tatenashi's casual shrug showed how light of a threat it was. "And the Golem wasn't something you could have handled, anyway."

"You don't know that."

Sarashiki's raised eyebrow said all. "Knives. Against a Golem."

<Ren> had no response.

"This brings me to three points." Tatenashi's smile wavered on the thin line between charm and threat as she held up her index finger. "First: Guarding Orimura from the shadows has not been very effective."

"I'm sure Mr Cousseran and his group would beg to differ."

"Second." Sarashiki raised a second finger. "I plan to make Orimura Ichika aware of me."

There was a flash of crimson across <Ren>'s face. "Like hell."

"Whatever works. Whatever it takes." Sarashiki threw <Ren>'s words back at her. And then in a tone both joking and serious: "It would be easier to protect someone if you're right beside him. Morning, noon, and night. E-Spe-Cia-Lly at night."

<Ren>'s eyes promised cold death.

"Third." Sarashiki's voice lowered, as she went for the kill. "You won't be able to handle an IS in a head-on fight."

"I won't need to."

"You can't guarantee that."

"Silverio Gospel." <Ren> stated it with cold distaste. Dead silence followed, but Tatenashi could see the girl's lips lose colour and tighten.

"You can't protect him from everything." Wind toyed with Sarashiki's aquatic-blue hair, but her face had no smile or light mood to it. "It's time to move on."

"I'll decide whether or not to move on. Not you."

Tatenashi did not answer further, as she recognized the tactic. Whoever speaks first loses.

Unexpectedly, <Ren> quietly turned to walk away.

You can only win by cheating, can't you? Tatenashi craned her head to follow and call out to the other girl. "Best of luck."

"Shut up." <Ren> snapped back as a viper would when struck. Her snakelike eyes coldly bored into Tatenashi's laughing ones.

"I meant no offense."

"Every word out of your mouth is offensive."

"I'm only trying to be friendly." Tatenashi made a genuine effort to approach the other girl, but it was pointless. "I honestly wish we could work together."

"No. We won't." <Ren>'s heart was covered in armour, like a snake's skin shed constantly to protect itself. Her cold voice remained level. "Deal with it."

As she watched <Ren> walk away, Tatenashi could only shake her head.

"Does being a snake mean you have to bathe in venom every living moment?"

<--------------->

Warm sun and seas lapped at her legs as she sat unnoticed on the ocean's surface. Her long black hair was matted by seawater, and she brushed it aside before gazing into her binoculars. Seas were calm today, a mild undulating wave being all that rocked the small jet ski she was on. Watching the distant isle through twin lenses, she licked the sea spray from her lips. Blue-grey domes and towers mixed with the greenery covering its surface, with a long steel line connecting it to the mainland. Ghostly images flit in that distance, holograms that were integrated into the day-to-day life there. Separated by sky and sea, the island that housed the Infinite Stratos [IS] Academy was both isolated, and somewhat self-sufficient given its size.

It was still summer, but one could feel a slight coldness in the breeze. The coming season was the woman's namesake, as she sat like a dead leaf on the water.

Autumn watched the distant island quietly, intently. From here, it looked like any other island off of mainland Japan. But any approach she would make closer than this would trigger suspicion. Innocent though it appeared, IS Academy was more than just a school. Only authorized individuals could enter the location. That meant students, teachers and the many support staff employed. Identities were checked and verified--even the slightest hint of intrusion would cause a reaction, and in recent months the security had been stepped up.

There really isn't a direct way in, is there? She bit down on her lip as the binoculars panned from one end of the isle to the other. There had been a direct attack on the Academy a month and a half prior. A direct approach from the air was not going to work, so Autumn scouted for a sea route. Much to her dismay, there did not seem much promise in a maritime infiltration.

A frown as a new sight came to her attention. Coming straight at her was a white boat with blue stripes. It was a patrol boat of the Kaijo Hoan-cho, the Japanese Coast Guard.

She nonchalantly placed her binoculars on the water's surface and let it drop. By the time the patrol boat was close enough to hail her, Autumn looked no more suspicious than any other beach-goer. The boat was a full 15 meters in length, slowing to the slightest of crawls in order not to capsize Autumn's tiny jet ski. The patrol boat came to a stop, and out popped the head of a male Coast Guard officer. He seemed prepared to yell, but oddly stopped as he met Autumn's gaze.

"Is there a problem, officer?" There was a smirk on her face. Her body was covered only by the slightest of bikini swimsuits, an eye-catching red that called attention to her athletic yet ample curves. The male patrolman couldn't take his eyes off her.

"Uhm, no." The man was clearly trying hard not to let his jaw fall out of his face. "You're a bit far from the beach, ma'am."

"Oh." Autumn feigned innocence. "I didn't realize that."

"Well, uhm--" The man was about to say something else, when a burly female officer appeared next to him. Without warning, she grabbed the man's ear and twisted it violently. The man started howling in pain.

"STOP THINKING WITH YOUR OTHER HEAD, NUMBSKULL!" The tank of a woman bellowed in her colleague's ear. Autumn could actually see the captain's bars on the woman as the Coast Guard officer glared down at her with visible contempt. "This area of ocean is off-limits to outsiders. Turn your jet ski around and head back to the beach."

"Hey, I said I was sorry!" Autumn replied in her best mock-tourist tone.

"I'm not going to repeat myself. Get the hell out of here, bimbo!" Without letting go of her screaming colleague's ear, the female officer gruffly shooed Autumn away. "And don't let me catch you out here again!"

"I understand. Thanks!" Autumn smiled back, as fake as any respect she had for either men or the law.

<--------------->

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me.

Barely half-awake, Kokuto Haruko's cheek twitched as she saw her partner in the kitchen. Haruko was the only one who cooked--the only reason the latter would be there was due to her unhealthy obsession with knives. Of all shapes and sizes.

"<Ren>, where the hell have you been?"

"Getting breakfast." <Ren> did not even look over her shoulder, and then held up a plastic grocery bag.

"IT'S HALF-PAST NOON!!!"

"Not my fault you sleep too long." <Ren> did not seem concerned at the outburst. "Oh, and I bumped into Tatenashi Sarashiki in the park."

"What?!" Haruko awkwardly gawked. "I told you to let ME handle the meetings."

"You were asleep. Stop stressing. Here, have some melon bread."

"Thanks," Kokuto reflexively replied, then glared oddly at the bread. Then turned that glare to <Ren>. "DO YOU THINK I'M SOME SORT OF GAG ANIME CHARACTER?!?"

"Fine, you can have the bread later." <Ren> pretended not to notice the accusation, dropping the bread on the counter. "It was just a quick chat."

Haruko then turned pale. "Please tell me you didn't stab her!"

"No." <Ren> turned to open the fridge. "Not yet."

---THAT'S NOT A REASSURANCE!

"Stop grimacing, you'll only add to the wrinkles on your face."

Kokuto stammered, then mumbled. Then buried her face in her hands for ten seconds before forming a response. "I was supposed to talk with Tatenashi regarding these new orders!"

"So I did you a favour." The audible POP of a soda can was heard as <Ren> took a drink. "That blue-haired two-face would just harass you until you gave up or committed suicide."

And how is that different from living with you?!? "Wurgh." Kokuto expunged a made-up word that explained all her frustrations. "Is there ANY girl studying at IS Academy you don't want to kill?"

"I just didn't want to waste time on Tatenashi." <Ren> drank another gulp. "You make it sound like I'm a serial killer of some sort."

YES YOU ARE!!! "All right. Other than you NOT killing Tatenashi, was there something she told you?"

"Nothing important." <Ren> continued to drink her soda, then stopped when she noticed Haruko's flat stare. "All right. She advised she would take Orimura Ichika."

"Take. Orimura. Ichika." Kokuto walked to the kitchen counter and took the melon bread. "I'm sure there's a Freudian slip in there somewhere."

"I know what I said." <Ren> seemed to gulp the soda down more quickly. "Tatenashi advised she would take over the bodyguard duties over Orimura."

That's not what you said earlier. Haruko decided not to say aloud as she opened up the packet, munching into sweet melon bread. "The Sarashiki are getting involved. I thought you said this was nothing important?"

<Ren> mused. "I said it might be important."

That's not quite what you said earlier, either. Haruko gobbled up the bread inelegantly, in frustration. "So, when do we start working with her?"

"We don't."

"We don't?" Melon bread suddenly caught in Haruko's throat. I'm not going to like the answer to this, am I? "We're NOT going to coordinate with Sarashiki?"

"We don't need her." A metallic tap as <Ren> set down the soda can, stern gaze in her eyes. "We do things as per normal. Tatenashi may have things inside IS Academy wrapped up, but she doesn't have the Johohonbu's intelligence network."

Somehow I think that was an attempt to praise me that didn't come out right at all. Kokuto groaned. "I guess I should just be glad you weren't tempted to stab her when she said that."

"You're right." <Ren> looked thoughtful. "I probably should have killed her when I felt like it, after all."

That's DEFINITELY not what you said earlier!!! Haruko winced. Her eyes followed <Ren> as the latter once again headed toward the door. "Where are you going this time?"

"To buy more knives."

Oh. Of course. You always need more of those. "You know, I've never personally met Tatenashi Sarashiki. But I can guess that she doesn't like you very much."

"I don't care what she thinks. I have a job to do."

The door slammed shut.

"Is it just a job to you?" Haruko took the last bite out of her melon bread. She would not see <Ren> again at least until nightfall.

<--------------->

The sunset view from above the city did not touch her heart. Autumn shook the final traces of seawater from her black hair, looking out from the elevator as it rose to the condominium's penthouse suite. The sky and the view were the furthest from her thoughts as the lift stopped. The elevator door opened to a short hall, which she walked through. Only one person owned this entire floor, and only those allowed here could enter. The hall ended abruptly at a door, one with no visible knob or handle.

Autumn waved a hand at the door, which parted easily. In she strode, to a home of dark and elegant luxury. None of this elegance meant anything to her, as she walked purposefully to the dining room. Pausing only to collect her thoughts, Autumn then knocked on the dining room door once before entering.

Sitting at the table was a woman, with blonde locks and a prominent beauty mark on her left cheek. A cup of coffee was in her hand, which she took polite sips from. Her smile was radiant, greeting Autumn as she entered.

Squall. Autumn's lips bent slightly in an almost bashful smile. Her leader, her boss. Her lover. No matter how many times Autumn saw her, she felt like a child whenever Squall smiled at her.

That smile turned into a frown when she saw who else was in the room.

M. Autumn's eyes bored cold hatred at the young black-haired girl standing next to Squall. Ever since she joined the organization, M began to take more of Squall's time and attention. Attention that Autumn craved more of.

"How did the reconnaissance go?" Squall's voice snapped Autumn out of her quiet rage.

"Infiltrating by boat won't work. The Coast Guard are all over the place." Autumn replied, casting a sideways glance at M. "A scuba diver could probably swim and infiltrate at night."

"You'd be spotted once you reach land." M bluntly cut her off.

"Maybe." Although Autumn expected the response, she still cursed the younger woman in her mind. The way M reacted was like the confidence of those peerless elites Autumn hated, thinking that nobody could match their skill. "We only need one chance to get in."

"Waste of time." M looked away.

"How would you know?" Autumn's voice grew low with restrained anger.

"Autumn. There's a better opportunity for us to infiltrate IS Academy." Squall set down her empty cup and stood. Walking to Autumn, put a gentle hand to the black locks. Autumn in turn blinked, and beamed in adoration of her leader. Squall seemed to enjoy the look as she continued to speak. "Through the front door."

Autumn looked perplexed. "What?"

"IS Academy is celebrating its School Anniversary. It's one of the few times that outsiders are allowed in." Squall responded with a beguiling smile. "Civilians, military, and IS weapons developers can enter with few restrictions."

"Just walk straight into the Academy?" Autumn could not believe it would be that easy. "How?"

"You simply have to blend in with the other guests." There was a light air of confidence in Squall's response. Autumn took this to mean that the plan had already been decided upon. "We already have a cover story set up for you. All you need is to look the part of a civilian weapons contractor."

"She'll stand out." M interjected, once again earning Autumn's glare.

"Nonsense." There was that smile again on Squall's lips, which Autumn could not resist. A pearl-white hand, smooth as silk. That hand brushed Autumn's black hair aside. "I think you'll look lovely as a businesswoman. You can do this, can't you? Autumn?"

It was a new challenge, but Autumn was flattered that Squall put such faith in her. Silently and meekly, she nodded.

"Good girl. M, please explain the plan."

Autumn restrained the urge to spit at the younger girl as she approached. In M's hands a hexagonal metal object opened suddenly, exposing metallic tentacles that writhed as if alive. A split-second later the tentacles retracted.

"This is called a Remover." The girl explained the device as if she was lecturing to someone hopelessly stupid. "It will shock the user and deactivate the IS itself. It's a simple job. Don't screw this up."

"Who do you think I am?" Autumn's low voice barely whispered a threat as she accepted the device.

"If you fail, you can't use the Remover again." M glared back at her, with an air of haughtiness. A look that accused Autumn of being far beneath her notice. "IS cores automatically build up a defence against being taken."

Don't lecture me as if I'm some sort of idiot. Autumn remained silent, biting her tongue in the process.

"Nearly all areas will be open to the public. Your best chance is to confront the target in his dormitory room. He'll be alone since he's male. You won't have to worry about witnesses then." Squall interrupted the two, as if reading Autumn's rage. The smile did not leave her face. "I need to meet the group preparing your cover story. We'll refine it when I return."

"I can do it." Autumn smiled back, happy to prove herself.

M merely shrugged as Squall turned to leave.

No sooner had Squall left, Autumn turned to M with grit teeth. "I'll finish this without your help."

"I'm sure you will." M smiled cryptically in a way Autumn despised.

<--------------->

I've seen all this before.

<Ren> stood, all alone in that long-familiar field of grass blades. Through the green soft swords she could see the tall blue-haired girl laughing with a boy, teasing him in ways only a girl can. The face was unforgettable, laughing eyes and ocean blue hair with a mischievous smile hidden behind a folding fan.

Skies purple-red with misery and the sense of blood scattered across the heavens.

This scene, she had seen many times before. Sometimes the girl had long raven-black hair, other times it was short or long golden blonde. A few times it was grey-silver like platinum. But the scene was always the same, a boy with that girl running through the long blades of grass. This new scene of the blue-haired girl and laughing boy was distant, like a picture on a canvas seen through a sea of sharpened green swords. They were taller than <Ren>, and she looked at her hand.

Her arm, short as it was when she was but five years of age.

Again, the pain across her right arm as lines drawn in blood tore through her skin. The mark of her family. Three straight lines and three broken red lines. Fire and Water in the same cup.

Her father's mark.

"It's just not fair."

Eyes awake and open to the night, <Ren> scowled as she heard a low drone from the bunk bed above. Her hand clawed at her pillow as if strangling someone, and indeed she felt like murder.

Haruko was snoring again.

Sitting up in her bed, <Ren> had more than once been tempted to catch a bug to drop into her partner's mouth. Preferably a cockroach.

It didn't happen often, as <Ren> usually slept at different times to her partner. But during quiet periods such as this, the noise was sanity-breaking.

Another loud, rattling snore.

"I swear, it's because of all that stupid canned coffee you're drinking." <Ren> decided to step out of bed and wash her face. The heat of summer was still in the air, and it made her cringe to wake up with sweat cooler than the air outside. Haruko often chided her for wearing jackets in the heat, but <Ren> needed them. Partly to hide the tattoo on her arm, partly to hide all the knives and blades she carried on her person.

The cold water refreshed her as it splashed across her cheeks. <Ren> did not switch on the lights, as she could see quite well in the dark room. Looking up at the mirror, she stared back at the serpent eyes of the reverse-image girl within.

"It's just not fair."

Haruko's snores could be heard all throughout the apartment.

"I'm going out, Haruko." <Ren> declared to the sleeping form as she picked up her clothes. "For your sake. If I listen to you snore any longer, I'll have to kill you."

<--------------->

The old shrine was quiet in the darkness, without light or life as <Ren> walked down the paved path.

It was nearing the end of summer, and the O-Bon festival was fast approaching. Already there were stalls put up, lanterns hanging in the breeze unattended. The three-day festival of the dead had been celebrated in Japan for six centuries and even with the major changes in society was still integral to Japanese culture at its core.

<Ren> strode noiselessly along the little path to the temple, imagining what it would be like at the festival's peak. Quietly, she fantasized what it would be like. Walking down this same path during the festival. Wearing a yukata, a traditional garment she had not worn since she was a child.

She dreamed her hand was in Ichika Orimura's. Not as teenagers as they were now, but as young and innocent as children. Remembering that hand placing a toy ring around her finger.

It was something she hated herself for thinking, consistently reminding herself of the young man's many failings. After all, she was assigned to protect him in secret. She knew him better than the girls who flocked to him, knew his attitudes better than most. It was a level of knowledge that would prompt most women to lose interest in a man entirely.

And yet this night, she wished he was with her for once. Holding her hand in his. In a way that <Ren> was not an agent of the Johohonbu, nor a silent and cruel guardian.

To see her as a girl, not a venomous snake.

"This is not a temple that accepts snakes."

<Ren> silently turned to the voice, a woman in her late forties with stern demeanour and bearing. She stood with a wooden sword at the ready, eyes focused with the firm glare of a kendo practitioner.

"Please leave."

With a cold look, <Ren> turned away. There was no need of any word or gesture. The woman at the shrine clearly did not want her there.

And calling her a snake-the woman could see, she knew who and what <Ren> really was.

Noble and arrogant Samurai, like dragons flying in the sky. Whereas those like <Ren> crawled on the ground silently, like snakes.

<Ren> had expected that, wondering if she had been recognized even before setting foot in the shrine premises. The matriarch of the Shinonono Shrine had always been touchy about visitors in the night. There was no sound as she walked back the stone path to the outside, silent in the darkness that she returned to.

"You're a sword. Kept safe and revered, never used." She silently spoke the words as if they were a curse, aimed at the Shinonono shrine itself. "I'm just a knife, to be used and thrown away."

Light was barely visible across the horizon, and <Ren> viewed the morning break across the sky. Once again, she imagined what it would feel like, Orimura's hand holding hers. "Would he love this sight as well?"

The silent ringing of her phone suddenly took her attention. Picking it up, she heard a familiar voice on the other line.

"<Ren>?"

"Haruko." <Ren> frowned. Kokuto was not a morning person. The tone of her voice indicated stress and restrained tension.

"Something's come up."

For the shortest of seconds, <Ren> wondered if she should have just ignored the call.

"I'll be right there."

<--------------->

The sun's warmth made her stir.

Autumn's eyes fluttered open when her hand felt no one beside her. The large bed she was in was empty save for herself and a heap of pillows, scattered about. Closing her eyes, Autumn tried to wish the feelings and sensations of the previous night back to reality but could not. She gently traced a line down the empty side of the bed, where her lover had been the night before.

The kisses in the night. The warm mornings wrapped in her arms. The way she made Autumn forget her past and bitterness. The only person who could take her rage away.

Autumn roused herself from the bed, missing Squall dearly. But her leader and lover needed to be elsewhere, leaving things with M and Autumn. She would not be back until after the mission, and it was in Autumn's high hopes that all would go well.

No, it WILL go well. She stood with determination simmering in her gut and bones. Autumn had no plans of returning to Autumn's fold without Byakushiki and Orimura Ichika's head.

<--------------->

"This is a waste of time."

The day began closing to dusk, and <Ren> found herself bored. Nothing out of the ordinary was happening, and still no alerts occurred. There was no news regarding Orimura, or anything about the individual they had been asked to look out for. It was a long and uneventful day, and the exercise felt like a waste of time. As it was, <Ren> found an ice cream stand, and purchased a cone. There was sadly little to do but stand around and look unimportant.

The secure line piped into <Ren>'s ear. Attached by wireless to her mobile phone, it was a common and unobtrusive enough tool that was vital to communications among the Johohonbu.

"Anything?" <Ren> asked.

"Nope. The city's closed-circuit cameras turned up nothing." Haruko stifled a yawn. "No visual match for that girl that the Americans are looking for, and no other flags popped up."

"You're the analyst. Analyse the situation."

"Shut up." Haruko mumbled. "Anything at all happening outside?"

"No change," <Ren> replied, casually eating her ice cream cone while sitting in the warm outdoors. She made an audible slurp as she replied. "Nothing of interest going on."

There was a moment's pause from Kokuto's end.

"<Ren>, you're not eating ice cream are you?" Haruko's voice asked.

"No."

"Liar! I can hear you smacking your lips! You're enjoying an ice cream right now, all by yourself and you're rubbing it in!" Kokuto whined loudly on the line, bringing a smile to <Ren>'s face. "How could you do this to me?!?"

"Easily." <Ren> took another bite of the cone. "Should you be screaming inside that dinky little car of yours?"

"You're evil. You're evil, cruel, selfish, homicidal and sadistic..."

"Blunt. You forgot your favourite word: Blunt." <Ren> finished the ice cream with an exaggeratedly audible gusto. "Mmm. It was a delicious coffee crumble ice cream."

"I. Hate. You."

"You're welcome."

A disgruntled gripe, and Haruko cut the line in disgust.

Hearing that, <Ren> could not wipe the self-satisfied grin across her face. It might not be such a bad day after all.

<--------------->

Ice cream. She was eating ice cream! Haruko's brain was filled with a dozen miniature versions of herself forming a lynch mob. That same lynch mob was burning effigies of <Ren> en masse. How dare she have ice cream for herself and rub it in! Ice cream! ICE CREAM!

There was a dull, hollow KLONK as Haruko banged her head onto her car's steering wheel. They had been on stakeout since early morning and there was nothing to show for it. If it wasn't important I'd have just gone home.

The Johohonbu were up-to-date with the goings-on in other countries. It truth, they spied on their allies as well as their enemies, discreetly. On occasion these spies might be uncovered, posing serious embarrassment for the country doing the spying. Thus most intelligence agencies found out about things long before an official or media statement was put out.

So it was highly irregular when an American intelligence agency openly contacted the Johohonbu.

The United States Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) was the Johohonbu's equivalent in America, a branch of military intelligence. Indeed, the Johohonbu was modelled after the former. The DIA was completely separate from the civilian Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and was known not to have the best of relationships with the latter. They made a direct request to the Johohonbu for information and assistance: Mere days ago, a facility in the US had been attacked. Not a known military base, but one of the many secret 'Black' bases stationed in the Americas.

The DIA had been open with the Johohonbu; Advising that IS Academy with its facilities and large number of personal IS users with prototype units would be the next likely target. They had been watching the Academy intently since the Silverio Gospel incident, as other nations would have. The very fact that the DIA was unnaturally open about this set off alarm bells. The DIA and the Johohonbu were not really allies, and the different intelligence agencies usually sought assistance within their own country first. IS Academy though, was a Japanese responsibility. To Haruko, it seemed more like the DIA was washing its hands of the matter by letting another country's agency handle it.

Phantom Task. Haruko knew very little about the organization apart from rumour and hearsay. What was available officially within the Johohonbu was no more reliable than the whispers on the internet. Conflicting stories claim the organization is American, German or Russian. Or of no country at all. That it was reputedly formed at the end of the Second World War, or only 40 to 50 years ago. There was no claim to ideology or religion, nor any official statements from the group regarding their actions. Even the scale of the group's operations was unknown, some claiming they were a small organization like the Japanese New Red Army (Shin-Sekigunha) or as large as Al-Qaeda.

One of the most prevalent rumours was that Phantom Task consisted of a Board of directors that led the actual organization, and Operational Squads which acted like self-contained Terrorist Cells. No one knew who was a member of the Board, and the Operational Squad members to date had never been caught. And even that information was highly suspect.

The only thing both official and unofficial sources agreed upon was that Phantom Task's primary goal has been the theft or destruction of IS exoskeletons.

If they can control enough of the most advanced IS units, they become a world power unto themselves.

Haruko looked at the laptop sitting on the side seat. It was a tough task the little computer was doing--searching local CCTV records for even a rough match of the person they were searching for. The only description given by the DIA was from a composite sketch, as no clear photos or video were taken of the culprits. The sketch described a young woman who appeared to be in her teens. She was Asian in appearance, with black hair and superb combat skills. Apparently this young girl attacked the Americans' secret base, managing to incapacitate two squads of US Army soldiers even before using her own IS to break through the base. The surviving soldiers themselves provided the description.

"If I hadn't known better, I'd say that fits <Ren> to a T." Kokuto groaned. Except for the fact that <Ren> was never able to pilot an IS. Still, Haruko wasn't sure she liked the idea of another <Ren> in the world. She would have a nervous breakdown before that.

The scale of this operation meant that other Johohonbu agents were on the case as well. Normally, an operation like this would take a few days to set up. But with the approaching School Anniversary, they had little time to put security in place.

Larger intelligence operations on Japanese soil were normally the responsibility of the Public Security Intelligence Agency, or Koanchosa-cho. Unlike the Johohonbu it was subordinate to the Ministry of Justice, and thus more focused on internal security and espionage. Thus they cared little about IS Academy or its students' well-being. The Koanchosa-cho were more concerned with the definition of Japanese national security based on the now fifty-year-old 'Subversive Activities Prevention Act'. Which often meant Koreans, Chinese or even Americans--anyone who was not racially Japanese was a potential subversive entity, and that referred to more than 70% of the students at IS Academy. Kokuto felt the Koanchosa-cho were more of an obstruction to the Johohonbu and other agencies than the actual threats they had to face. <Ren> openly called them Japan's ongoing comedy routine, a bunch of clowns. Security for IS Academy was thus left to the smaller but normally more discreet Johohonbu.

Still, something of this scale was difficult to execute at short notice. By default the other agents should have deferred to Kokuto and <Ren>, as they were the main agents in charge of issues relating to IS Academy, the Orimura siblings and anything to do with Tabane Shinonono. Or that was what Haruko would have liked to happen. Headquarters did not agree and insisted that all agents contact Johohonbu HQ directly for instructions.

Kokuto felt this was a waste of time, but had no real say in the matter. The Cousseran incident and the Sarashiki's greater role could be another reason we're being stymied. Thus, while Kokuto and <Ren> had assistance, the established chain of command would delay any response.

But if the DIA is willing to trust us with secrets, they must think Phantom Task has already infiltrated the CIA. Rumours existed that Phantom Task actually had supporters or members in the very intelligence agencies that were tasked with hunting them down. It would explain how a secret base could have been easily targeted. Both agencies were confronted with the same foe and assistance was always appreciated, but Haruko still shuddered to think of it. She then wondered: Could Phantom Task actually be based in Japan?

A second, fearful thought that Haruko hoped was just paranoia: Could Phantom Task have already infiltrated the Johohonbu?

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-11-17 at 04:56.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 04:35   Link #48459
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Second Part.
Quote:
Makigami. Makigami. Autumn shut her eyes, trying to memorize the name in a way that it would become second nature. She had only received her cover identity the hour before, Makigami of Mitsurugi Industries. The cover was only good for a few days, after which it was worthless. Autumn figured it would be best to take on the role as soon as possible. Opening her eyes again, she regarded the figure in the dressing-room mirror. Business suits were uncomfortable on her skin, Autumn would much rather wear casual or free-flowing clothes. Easier to hide weapons in. Despite that, she admired the pinstripe jacket that Squall had picked out for her. It was elegant, professional in its bearing.

"I don't think someone like you could afford such an expensive suit." The storeowner snidely remarked from behind her. Indeed, Autumn had entered the shop dressed in a sleeveless shirt and jeans, not the norm for the shop's typical customers. "That is one of our best, and it won't come cheap."

There was a grimace on Autumn's lips. For a second she hesitated, the temptation of simply pulling out a knife and slicing the storeowner's throat open colliding with her calmer assessment. Taking a breath, Autumn approached the storeowner. "My employer is paying for this."

"I see." The storeowner was an old man, who continued to look at Autumn with contempt. "And would your employer be paying cash for your clothes?"

"Yes. Please put this on her account." Autumn simply put down the charge card where the storeowner could see the name.

"O--on Miss Meusel's account?" The storeowner blanched at the card, and Autumn relished that hint of fear on the man's face. Squall was one of the shop's regular customers and had a large account with them. Every so often she would splurge on clothes as gifts to random people--not so much to show kindness as to cover her tracks. Robin Hood foiling the Sheriff, as Squall once joked. When one made so many purchases at the same store, one single purchase would not turn up as suspicious on any record. "Ah. Yes, yes. I'll let her know you picked up the order, Miss Makigami."

"Delivered." Autumn smiled. That way there would be no trace.

"Ah yes. Delivered." The storeowner bowed profusely, taking the card for payment while snivelling and grovelling. Autumn enjoyed every minute of it.

<--------------->

Hm? That's odd. Haruko panned back to the image that caught her eye. The Johohonbu were mainly occupied with Signals Intelligence--information gathered through the use of cameras, radio and internet telecommunications. That meant actual units on the ground like Haruko and <Ren> were the rare exception rather than the rule, and often for special cases such as IS Academy and the search for Tabane Shinonono. Thus, the bulk of Haruko's work had to do with video analysis.

Digital cameras occasionally had glitches. Transmissions would occasionally go wrong, or interference from local sources would cause images to warp. The most common of which was pixelation, wherein a video feed would freeze and turn into numerous digital bits onscreen. Conspiracy theorists online often cited this as proof that aliens in disguise were caught on camera. There was some truth to this, as spies and other groups occasionally developed systems for scrambling video recording. The video image passed her eyes again, and this time Kokuto was certain it wasn't a mere glitch. It was one of the many cameras in the shopping district, panning neatly across the faces in the crowd. The woman leaving the store was what caught her attention.

Her face was pixelated. And only her face. She ran the video back and forth, and the same effect turned up. Haruko thought this was too specific, too localized to be just another glitch. A transmission glitch happened with television or wireless transmission, but a CCTV camera was a wired connection. Part of the government's network of cameras nationwide, the dedicated cameras were isolated from the more public internet. Only government officers had access to the system--it was not a system that could easily be hacked into. Much less be affected by transmission glitches.

She called <Ren>.

<--------------->

"I see her."

<Ren> followed the woman a safe, unassuming distance away. She was tall, with what <Ren> assumed were Eurasian features. Hair was long and black. The woman could pass for Japanese or Korean, or even Southeast Asian if she wanted to. There was also something in her stride that was indeed different, a more purposeful walk. She certainly did not walk or act like a spy trying to hide or be nonchalant. This was someone who carried herself like a fighter, not a tourist or some other civilian. Not military. Paramilitary, maybe security person or a mercenary.

"Waitasec. She's passing near a traffic speed camera." Haruko ordered, then a pause. While there was a large network of closed circuit cameras in and around the area, the Johohonbu did not have immediate direct access to each and every one. It took at least a few seconds before they could respond. "There's no mistaking it. The cameras can't make out her face."

"Twice in a row. No coincidence there." <Ren> continued to shadow the woman, who seemed preoccupied with looking off the coast at IS Academy in the distance. "Your analysis?"

"Only two things come to mind. Either she's got some sort of hidden scrambler," Kokuto's voice took a breath in. "Or she possesses an IS that can scramble digital video."

It was believed by some members of the Johohonbu that this was how Tabane Shinonono was consistently able to move freely despite video monitoring 24/7 around the area of IS Academy and other parts of Japan. Certainly, one of the IS reportedly stolen by Phantom Task was a combat infiltration unit.

"Wouldn't military-grade scramblers tend to project a false face?"

"Normally, yes." Haruko mutters back. The CIA and Russian FSB had used such scramblers in the past, to infiltrate and spy on Japanese soil. As neither agency had caused a fuss, the Johohonbu were content to pretend nothing happened. "She's probably left it on default settings. I wouldn't have picked it out otherwise."

"So she's a bigger idiot than Cousseran."

The garbled voice on the other end was Kokuto, trying not to scream. "None of the other agents have reported it, but they're on the lookout. You're the only one near her."

"I'll keep on her trail." <Ren> began, but noticed how often the woman kept looking in the direction of IS Academy. A little too intently for casual interest. "Haruko. What's your best guess? Tourists don't normally carry a scrambler. And professional spies would use the face projector to hide themselves."

"She's too tall to be the one that attacked the Americans' base." A sound of clicks as Kokuto tried to pick up more information on her computer. Without a positive facial identification it was all guesswork. Even had they managed to take the woman's face, it would be a week at least before something definite could be traced. "Say, <Ren>? You don't think she could be a member of--THAT organization, do you?"

Normally <Ren> would respond back with: 'you're the analyst', but did not do so this time. There was no obvious or immediate intent from the woman she was following. But the scrambler plus the way she moved raised her suspicions. Looking consistently at IS Academy as if she were sizing it up, looking for a way in. Looking at the woman, she began to feel more certain that she was a threat. The locals did not take much interest in the Academy. A few tourists did, but not for such extended periods of time.

It was that look of intent that made <Ren> certain of this.

You won't be able to handle an IS in a head-on fight. Tatenashi's words stuck in her head. Something about the words seemed like a challenge, one that <Ren> could not help but take personally. If she was wrong, there was no harm done. But if she was right...

"Haruko. I'm taking the target out."

"Eh?" Kokuto's flabbergasted confusion was barely relayed through the earpiece. "But it's just a guess! We haven't confirmed--"

<Ren> wasn't listening to her partner. "I know what I'm doing."

"--ARE WE ACTUALLY HAVING THIS CONVERSATION?!?"

<Ren> yanked the earpiece out and began to approach the woman more closely.

"<Ren>! Don't do anything stupid!" Haruko yelled into her phone, but the line was already dead.

<--------------->

The day was closing, and Autumn had just about finished her walk. The coastline was free from people, and she felt it best to double-check potential escape routes before tomorrow's operation. Satisfied that every angle was considered, she took a small break.

Autumn cupped her hands to catch the flowing water and brought it to her face. One deep breath, and she was at ease. The clothes would be shipped to the condominium, and a quick review of the timeframe was all she needed. Attacking the target and taking his IS should be no problem. And escape would be quick. Autumn realized that worst-case she could jump into the ocean and swim away from IS Academy with no trouble.

And I won't need any help from that condescending brat.

She stepped out of the women’s toilet, and began walking down the bayside park. Seeing she was still alone and unfollowed, Autumn relaxed. With the sun falling fast, IS Academy did not look as far from this part of the coastline. Autumn had never considered a frontal approach to the island before, with good reason. It was open, in plain sight. Most times an infiltration would be next to impossible. A frontal assault with a squad of fully equipped and trained troops might work, but Autumn doubted anyone would try anything that stupid.

But just walking through the front door. Squall's a genius. Autumn could not help but smile gleefully at the thought of infiltrating the Academy. Her one shot at impressing her leader and lover, by taking the IS Byakushiki. Tomorrow. Autumn had just turned, planning a leisurely walk back to Squall's condominium, when a voice stopped her.

"Yo."

Autumn turned around to the unexpected voice. Behind her was a wall, in front of which stood a single teenage girl. A baseball cap crowned a head of short black hair, and for a second Autumn thought it was actually M speaking to her. But no, the girl's voice was different. As were the piercing, snakelike eyes.

"Makigami Reiko, I presume?"

"Ah. You must be mistaken," taken aback, Autumn smiled falsely at the girl. "My name is Ayako. Makigami Ayako."

"You're a lousy liar. And an even worse assassin."

The elder woman did a double-take. "Excuse me?"

"Your calling card says Reiko." The girl with a cap pulled out a familiar card, one Autumn did not remember giving out. "You didn't even bother memorizing your own cover story, did you? You're painfully bad at this line of work." The girl threw two objects at Autumn's feet.

Autumn stared at the items on the ground, then reached for her back pocket. The empty pocket told her all.

The girl had somehow filched her wallet and card case.

"How clever, how clever." Autumn felt her face twinge madly, though she tried to control her emotions. She bent down to pick up the wallet and card case, making sure they weren't rigged. More than anything, the frustration at being played for a fool began to creep into her voice. "So. Who might you be?"

"<Ren>." The girl shoved her hands in her jacket pockets, a smug smile on her face. "Let me guess: You're with Phantom Task, correct?"

"How did you know that?" Autumn snarled.

"A little bird told me." <Ren> wore a smirk of victorious amusement on her lips as she caught the woman's look of surprise. That was all the confirmation she needed. She paced around Autumn from a distance, circling her like a snake did her prey. "The kidnapping of Orimura Ichika years ago. That was your doing, right?"

Trying to intimidate me, brat? Arrogance took over. "And what if it is?"

"Secret organization my foot." <Ren> stopped with a shrug, facing Autumn directly. "It's not much of a secret when you idiots brag about it so much."

"If you already know, no sense in hiding it." Still trying to maintain her composure, Autumn confronted <Ren> with hands on her hips. "And which group are you with, then?"

"Me?" <Ren>'s shaded eyes fixed on Autumn with chilling precision. "I'm not as stupid as you are."

Autumn's hands dropped and she clenched her fists. She did not show it, but the girl disturbed her immensely. Irritated her with that arrogance. Those eyes. The hissing eyes enraged her. "Why are you looking at me with those eyes?"

"Why?" The girl replied. "Are you afraid of me?"

"What?!" It was more insulting than anything Autumn had heard of to date. The smugness once again reminded Autumn of M. Her rage-twisted face betrayed the loss of calmness and control, as she summoned part of her IS. Demonic long yellow-and-black limbs sprouted from her back. "Are you daring me, brat?!"

"Jorogumo." <Ren> passively assessed her opponent. A nightmare-spider of Japanese folklore, which masked itself as a woman. Calmly waiting at the centre of a web, but ready to burst out in violence at the slightest provocation. "Should you really be revealing yourself in public?"

"Shut up! The name of this IS is Arachne. Eight legs, with guns or blades depending on the situation." The demonic spider-arms flexed. Autumn's sideways glances showed that no other people had approached. Yet. Darkness was fast approaching. "So, what type of IS do you have to confront me with, brat?"

"Don't have one." <Ren> responded, hands still in her pockets. "Don't need one."

"Seriously?" Autumn had to chuckle. This little child, this girl was threatening her. Without an IS or even any weapons. "Without an IS, do you really think you can take me on?"

A silent and cruel smile was <Ren>'s response. Autumn's knuckles turned white as she balled up her fists. That smile, that arrogance enraged her.

"You infuriate me, brat."

"And I can only laugh at you." <Ren> smiled her snakelike, wicked smile as she traced the brim of her cap in mockery. "Amateur."

The impact of a giant spider's leg hammered into the wall inches from <Ren>'s face, but she did not flinch. Concrete dust and crumbling stone trickled to the ground, a sound overtaken only by Autumn's angered breathing.

"You arrogant little brat, I'll crush you like a flea."

"If brat is the worst thing you can call me, you need a larger vocabulary." Unshaken, <Ren> meets Autumn's eyes. "Do you know what happens when a snake meets a spider?"

A crazed grin marred Autumn's features. "Some spiders eat snakes, you know."

"Hah." <Ren>'s frightening smile matched her opponent's. "This ought to be fun, then."

<--------------->

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

Haruko desperately tried to scan through the cameras while driving, but she could not find where either her target or <Ren> had gone off to. They were nowhere near the last traffic camera Kokuto had been watching through, she'd just passed that point. There were no reported incidents yet, no public ones anyway. None of the other Johohonbu agents reported anything out of the ordinary as of yet. Johohonbu HQ was only now reviewing the video feeds she had indicated, but there was no confirmation or denial either way.

And now she'd lost her partner.

It had been an hour since they'd last spoken, and <Ren> was now probably in a different area of the town, confronting the woman. <Ren> preferred to take covert and often violent action. For all Kokuto knew, she might have jumped the gun and <Ren> had just decapitated an innocent bystander on her guess.

<Ren> you idiot, why'd you disconnect?

<--------------->

Arachne scampered across the ground rapidly, hunting prey like its namesake.

"Where are you?" Autumn howled at the night. The girl had begun the fight by throwing a knife at her, which she parried easily. Then she vanished, leaving Autumn to wonder if she had run away.

But she was there. Autumn fully deployed Arachne's armour and control suit to make full use of the IS capabilities, such as the faceplate containing Arachne's eight sensor eyes. The darkness began to fill the walk, and streetlamps began to flicker on. Autumn set her vision to low light mode, each individual eye scanning the area. Most IS like Arachne did not include infrared as part of their visual enhancements. Even so, the ground and structures were still warm from the sun's heat. She could not see her opponent clearly. Motion tracking was no good as it relied more on sound than actual movement, and Autumn's movements caused too much random noise.

Then just as she turned her head, she caught the sliver of a blade.

What? Autumn blinked at it, strands of her hair falling past under the park lights. She had dodged in reflex rather than any true fear. How could she cut my hair like that?

"The slow blade penetrates the shield." A voice gleefully hissed, then was gone again in the darkness before one of Arachne's many arms could strike at her. The spiderlike arms fired energy bolts into the darkness but struck nothing.

Of course. Despite herself, Autumn's nerves twinged. The Passive Inertia Canceller or PIC shielding was intended to protect the IS pilot from sudden life-threatening impacts. It was effective against bullets and other high-speed attacks, as well as large close-combat weaponry like swords. Anything that could clearly damage the IS itself or its pilot was protected by the PIC. But a small, handheld weapon like a knife?

A rapid stab would be stopped by the PIC. But a stealthy, slow approach could get past. A gentle tap, or even a punch could get through without the field stopping it. The PIC was the IS exoskeleton's true armour--Bypass that and you had but a fragile human underneath. The PIC made the use of most infantry small arms partly obsolete. But the effective and precise use of a relatively slow-moving dagger was not something the designers had considered.

A sudden stab, Autumn blocked with a metal-gloved hand that broke the blade. A paring knife? Is she mocking me? Arachne's multiple sensors and vision enhancements weren't helping at all. Autumn found it difficult to predict where the girl would attack from next. Another blade came at her, and then she realized why her opponent didn't simply kill the lights. Arachne's spider-arms flayed the metal edge but hit nothing but night air.

Light and dark. Arachne's vision enhancements worked fine. But rapidly adjusting between the bright streetlamp-lit sections of the park and the pitch-black night was what hampered Autumn's human eyes. The girl's smaller form kept moving, weaving between the street lamps and even behind Arachne's legs and armoured rear skirt. The knife-throwing girl might as well be invisible, flitting in between the night and the light. Autumn wished that she had added an automatic firearm to Arachne's weapon slots. That way she could just spray the area with bullets, force her opponent out of hiding. The beam cannons in Arachne's legs were not rated for long, sustained rapid fire. Fighting a person in an IS with just knives.

"--ACH!" Autumn gasped in surprise as a cold edge painfully sliced her thigh. Before she could react, the girl was gone again. A glance showed a hair-thin cut, not serious. Distance. I need distance. Arachne scampered sideways like a crab, and despite all sensors searching Autumn could still not find where the girl was.

She could have easily cut an artery, Autumn realized. In fact, she could have been easily dispatched by the girl at any time before she summoned her IS. If she could pick my pocket without noticing--Why didn't she just kill me then? Why challenge me directly?

Trembling, the spiderlike IS and its pilot stopped as Autumn finally understood the girl's reason.

You actually think you can take me on. Just like her. The same arrogance. The same overconfidence. The same lack of fear. The hatred in Autumn's gut boiled over. She's just like that girl.

Just like M.

You think you're so smart. She twitched nervously, like a tarantula threatened and baring its ugly fangs. The two pairs of foremost spider-legs reared up as Arachne stood on its hind legs, expanding to its maximum height over the streetlamps. Here, Autumn now had a better vantage point. That you're so talented, so skilled that you can beat me even without using an IS.

The eight sensors in Arachne's helmet twisted wildly, trying to fix onto a target.

When I catch you, I'm going to rip you apart.

The tips of the front spider legs opened up, spraying a wiry fluid all over the ground. In a circle, like a massive orb web with Autumn and Arachne at the centre. The IS stopped moving, save for pulling itself as low to the ground as possible. Autumn was breathing heavily, trying not to give into a rage-filled frenzy. Arachne's sensor eyes were still moving, still looking for the girl in the darkness.

Waiting.

Autumn's eyes flicked around like the mechanical sensors, wary and tensed. The girl was taking advantage of the light and dark, but Autumn had already set her trap. In the middle of lights, in the centre of the web, all she needed was one more movement from the girl with knives.

There.

A dagger was thrown at her, which Autumn parried. Arachne's legs bolted upward in ranged firing mode, blasting away at the streetlamps. The energy blasts cracked the air as loudly as they burst the streetlamps they were aimed at. Fragile glass shattered and rained on the pavement and grass, as the circle of the spiderweb was suddenly bathed in darkness.

There was a stumbling sound as the girl was now the victim of her own plan. From light into sudden darkness, she was blinded for a few critical seconds. A loud thud followed, and Arachne's night vision-equipped sensors spotted <Ren> immediately.

The girl quickly realized it was the thin sticky strands wrapped around her right leg that fought her movement. Another jet of fluid webbing wrapped her arms and body together before she could raise her knife.

"Do you know it's dangerous to go stabbing people with knives?" There was no hiding Autumn's glee. "My turn, brat."

<Ren> was hurled into the air before she could cut the strands. Just as rapidly, she was slammed to the ground. Still stunned, she was then picked up and slammed into the ground again.

"It's dangerous for brats to play with knives."

Again.

"Arrogant like that, thinking you can beat the great Autumn?!"

And again. Blood started to spatter.

"You're like a kitten in a bag!" Autumn smiled as she picked up and swung her captive at the floor again, with all her might. Enjoying every second of it. Bashing their little brains out on a sidewalk.

And again.

"That attitude you have makes me sick!!!"

And again. The sound of bones breaking.

"Like that. Just like that!"

And again.

"JUST LIKE THAT!!!"

Finally, one mighty swung hurled the girl at a nearby wall.

<Ren> felt the wall, but not the floor as she fell face-down into it.

<--------------->

Confirmed gunfire.

Haruko was now trying to sort out all the information coming in. The information came not from an agent but the local police channel. The town's police were now focusing on the area, apparently due to multiple reports from a bystander regarding 'some sort of giant spider' in the area. There were also sounds of demolition on the bayside walk, not ten minutes away from Haruko. In the opposite direction.

The Koanchosa-cho was tied with the Ministry of Justice, thus they would have gotten wind of the police communications long before Haruko did. They would not be happy to find agents of the Johohonbu operating in the area, despite the organization's obvious responsibilities regarding IS Academy. And if <Ren> was in the thick of it, Kokuto figured heads would roll in her organization. Maybe even hers.

Even now, it was having all of the hallmarks of a grand fiasco. The agents of the Johohonbu were performing like a comedy troupe, trying desperately to gain information about the situation but receiving delayed or downright incorrect reports. From what Kokuto could find from HQ, some of them were already cursing <Ren> by name. The police apparently knew more about the situation than they did, which meant that the Koanchosa-cho had a leg up on them already. The communications breakdown was practically farcical. And as Haruko turned her car around toward the reported source, she saw a hail of police squad lights and sirens zip past her. Going in the same direction.

We're doomed. We are all so doomed. Kokuto suddenly had that sinking feeling as she hit the gas pedal.

<--------------->

"Ha-ha~~This is so therapeutic!" Autumn cackled openly, still boiling over with bloodthirst and anger. She wanted to finish the job, crush the girl like a bug.

I'll kill you. Slowly. Painfully. Violently. Autumn dearly wanted to complete the task, finish off the girl with knives. She was skilled, but skill was pointless against the power of an IS. It was more of Autumn's annoyance, her resentment that she was kept busy by a child. A child that did not even have an IS equipped. Smash her. Smash her until her insides pour out.

<Ren> lay motionless on the ground, unaware of Autumn's approach.

Just like that girl. It was the real reason Autumn wanted to just reach out and crush this girl's skull, the feel the blood and brains ooze out into her hands. Just like that M.

And then, that very voice was in her ear. "Autumn, retreat."

"Shut up!" The IS paused, the pilot bellowing loudly at the sky. Hearing M's voice made her blood boil even further. "I'll kill her. I'll rip out those eyes, tear out her throat!"

"Don't be stupid." M did not seem particularly concerned about Autumn's fitful rage. "You'll ruin the operation."

"--I don't take my orders from you!" Arachne started taking steps toward the fallen girl, but in Autumn's mind it was M she was readying to crush in her metalshod hands. "I'll wipe this park down with her bloody spleen!"

"Autumn." Another voice, older yet less firm in tone. "The police are converging on your position. Break off."

"Squall." Autumn mumbled, still drunk from the adrenaline rush. "Don't worry. I can take them out."

"You'll be recognized." Squall's voice was a calming influence on her, and Autuumn's temper cooled. The mission was more of a priority than personal spite. "Retreat. We still have the mission tomorrow."

A now-calm Autumn stopped, deactivating her IS. Standing above the body, her fists cracked. The desire to kill was still there, but she remembered her task. Her promise and commitment to her leader. Stepping back, she made sure that the girl was unconscious before turning around. Urgency filled her steps, and she strode off. No one had seen the fight, and she would be long gone before the police would arrive.

I can't take any more chances. Autumn considered dyeing her hair at the very least. They would be looking for a black-haired woman. A red-orange colour, maybe. The colour of autumn. From far off, Autumn shot one last glance at the battered body and cackled to herself.

Another time, brat.

<--------------->

Another time.

Sitting atop a tower, M watched the fight below from a birds-eye view. Short black hair rustled in the wind as she watched Autumn retreat. Scoffing, she never thought much of the woman simple-minded and snivelling under Squall's slightest order. Just like a rabid dog. Or a pet spider.

Frightening to see hissing at you, but of no real danger to one with any level of skill.

M had her reasons for joining Phantom Task, but bore no respect for its members. They were simply means to an end, using her just as she was using them for her own purposes. As long as she had her one chance, that was all she wanted.

"It was your IS that saved you, idiot." Frowning, M stood up. The fight she had observed was just proof of the IS capabilities in action. In a fair fight without the use of the IS, Autumn would have been the one broken and battered in the park. M didn't think much of the woman's abilities. Possessing Arachne gave Autumn every advantage in the fight, even if she had been careless with using it. If it had been M, she would have defeated the opponent in less than a minute. But skill in combat didn't really matter in the equation, using an IS against an ordinary person was like dropping a bomb on a single ant. This is the power that changed the world order.

Still, M was bemused at the girl whom Autumn fought. She had managed to extend the battle long enough for the local authorities to be alerted. Surviving for more than fifteen minutes alone against an IS was indeed a feat.

"Too bad you're no good with an IS. You could actually have been worth something." M directed her words to the motionless girl on the ground afar with a mocking smile. "So. What are you going to do now, Shiho?"

Not that the answer mattered to M. Phantom Task's board of directors had other plans.

<--------------->

Eyes opened to light and a world of pain. And an odd smell, one that did not correspond to an ocean sunrise.

<Ren> slowly picked herself off the battered floor, fighting the pain of broken ribs. It was bright, unlike the night before. Yet she could not see the sun or the sky. Standing, she could feel the pain and yet not feel it. The pain seemed more like a reminder, rather than an urgent warning as she began to walk the shattered path.

Two steps forward, and she found herself in her old home. <Ren> thought it odd, as she had been outside just the second before. Now, it was the familiar reed-matted floor of the big house her father lived in. Walking forward, <Ren> did not hesitate to open the sliding paper doors of the old house, leading through to another room of reed mats. Another door she opened, another room full of mats. <Ren> went on through the many doors until she opened one last door.

The last room was the largest. All around were faceless figures in red, kneeling in silence toward the old, wizened hag at the centre. The old woman met <Ren>'s eyes with disgust and hatred, her eyes just as venomous in their stare. <Ren> knew then why her father called her Obake-Obaasan: Grandmother Ghoul.

All of a sudden, the entire red-clothed mass stared at her at once. All of them raised their arms, their red tattoo matching her own.

"The clan have a proper successor." The voice was low, with a mocking hiss as the old hag threw an accusing finger at <Ren>. "You. You are no longer needed."

She stood silent, blood seeping from her balled-up fist.

All of a sudden she was no longer in the old home, but in the elevated tram overlooking the city. A bright green park, the one she had met Tatenashi Sarashiki at only days prior. Looking down from strangely open door of the tram, she saw the scene of a laughing boy and girl. They were distant, a picture on canvas seen through a sea of sharpened grass.

The doors shut on the outside of the sky-tram, but none were sealed tighter than the emotions <Ren> felt in her heart. Cold and hateful, the only trace of emotion was the way she subtly wrung her hands together beneath her jacket. No one could see, no one would know. The tram pulled away from the park, back to the outskirts that lay close to the academy <Ren> had watched over. The skies with their blue joy mocked her inner misery.

<Ren> looked at her bandaged arm, but could not help remembering Tatenashi's face. The laughing eyes, ocean blue hair and mischievous smile hidden behind a folding fan. <Ren>'s clasped hands tightened at the thought of Orimura Ichika spending time with Sarashiki.

He's mine.

Her arm, hiding the truth behind the wrappings.

It was a phantom pain, one that had no grounding in reality as the tattoo hiding beneath had healed ages ago. But the lines drawn in blood still tore through much deeper than skin. The mark of her family.

Her father's mark.

It's not fair.

<Ren>'s eyes flew open, awakening to the white ceiling above.

She could barely breathe through the pipes in her nose, and felt uncomfortable with the bed she assumed she was lying in. Her right leg felt like it was made of stone, and there were jabbing bites in her right arm as well. There was a little weight on her arm and finger, and a small biting pain in her chest. The stale antiseptic air and electronic noises made her think of a cage. <Ren> tried to rise to a sitting position and found it difficult.

"Don't move too much." Haruko's voice. An electronic buzz, and <Ren> felt the bed underneath rise to a sitting position. The older girl looked concerned in a way <Ren> would have laughed at, had her chest not been in so much pain.

"God, you look awful." Kokuto mumbled, obviously lacking in sleep. "You decided to die another day, didn't you?"

<Ren> gave her a flat look.

"Even now, you don't get a James Bond joke." Haruko pouted, then removed her glasses to rub sleep from her own eyes. "Headquarters isn't happy. A lot of field agents aren't happy. The Koanchosa-cho is breathing down our backs. The only two good things are that we've confirmed a threat against IS academy and that neither of us are dead yet."

<Ren> did not reply. Being alive didn't feel like something worth celebrating at the moment.

"Seriously." Kokuto put her glasses back on. "What the hell made you think you could beat someone with a deployed IS?"

"She was an idiot." <Ren> replied painfully.

"A monkey with a machinegun is still dangerous."

"Point taken." <Ren> dejectedly looked at the clock and frowned. It was a dream, most or all of it. She was certain the fight against the woman in the spider-like IS was real, but the rest she was unsure of. "How long was I out of it?"

"Three days." A pop of a can as Haruko opened up another one of her coffee drinks. "You have five broken ribs. Right lung was almost punctured from the fragments. Your right leg is in a cast. Your right shoulder blade's splintered. Multiple head concussions. And tons of scars and bruises all over. And some other medical terms I can't even pronounce." Kokuto took a long gulp of coffee. "You looked like a tank ran over you. The doctors are still surprised you didn't get your skull or spine broken."

"That woman." <Ren>'s eyes had an odd flash of panic. "Did she infiltrate the Academy?"

Haruko replied slowly. "She did."

"Then---!!"

"Sarashiki took care of it." Kokuto rubbed the back of her head, with an expression of weariness written all over. "Orimura's all right. And she took care of that nutcase with the spider-IS, too."

The answer did nothing to lighten <Ren>'s mood.

"Headquarters is putting it forward that Sarashiki's approach to guarding Orimura and IS Academy is the better choice." Haruko leaned back slightly in her chair, apparently exhausted from all the goings-on. "Hell, Tatenashi was even here earlier. She wanted to see how you were doing."

You won't be able to handle an IS in a head-on fight. The words were all <Ren> could think of when Sarahiki's name came up. Foolishness! was the next memory in <Ren>'s mind. The voice of Obake-Obaasan chiding her with genuine hatred. Fresh as the day she had first heard it. It was then that she noticed the fresh flowers in the vase next to her. Flowers with an all-too familiar scent and colour.

Light blue lilies. The same colour as Sarashiki's hair.

"Those flowers."

"Yeah." Haruko then felt the oppressive silence of <Ren>'s stare. "Hey! She--she wasn't here to insult you, she was genuinely concerned!"

<Ren>'s bitter silence was worse than her sarcastic jabs.

"I need to be alone."

Haruko scratched her head. "Look..."

"I. Need. To be. Alone."

"All right." Kokuto stood and headed for the door. "I'll give you a few minutes."

No sooner did Haruko close the door than she heard the crash of a vase being thrown.

<--------------->

Foolishness!

<Ren> looked blankly at the stain on the wall. A mess of water, shattered pottery and broken lilies. Painfully, she fell back onto the bed with grit teeth and her left hand clasped tightly. She could not really move her right. For a few seconds, she maintained her arrogant demeanour to show to no one but herself. To fool no one but herself.

<Ren> had failed. Her mission. Her clan.

She had failed Ichika.

Here, alone and unwatched, she cried like a petulant child.

<--------------->

Haruko's phone rang. The blocked number was one she was expecting as she answered with calm precision.

"It's Kokuto."

The whispered, garbled voice on the line was a scrambled and inhuman mix. Kokuto knew that no one on the other end truly spoke--the synthesized voice was the result of a typed response to her reports. A speech machine basically read the sent message with emotionless precision. By this, her bosses would face little risk in being identified by their voices.

"No sir. I don't think she's taking it very well."

The computerized response stunned her.

"Excuse me? Sir?" Haruko looked from side to side nervously, hoping nobody overheard her. Cupping one hand over the speaker, she tried not to raise her voice. "Are you serious? She's still recovering. Isn't there anyone else?"

The response could not be any colder than the machine that answered back.

"No. I understand, sir. We have to strike while we can." Kokuto looked out at the window coldly. Her bosses were unnaturally insistent this time around. "I'll get her prepared as soon as possible."

As she set the phone down, she once again wondered that fearful thought.

Could Phantom Task have already infiltrated the Johohonbu?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 05:01   Link #48460
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Wave, if this is just a part of a chapter, then I am quite interested in what could you do with a full-length. Too bad that your works never received much attention. Your style and the way you think, perharp?

Also, any particular for the "Mitsurugi Zaibatsu"?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest