AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 19:00   Link #81
Haikea

I started playing with a mage, a gnome illusionist because they can't be anything else, if you want bonus slots for memorized spells. Gnomes get max INT of 19 while others can go up to 18. Does that matter much? There is also bonuses for saving throws via constitution score, but maximum wisdom is 16 (BGEE has a bug, it should be 17). Original BG manual claims that wisdom score gives better "dodge chance" for effects which attack mind, but this has been removed in BGEE. What is the point of wisdom score outside clerics then? Lore bonus is quite useless anyway.

The game is about same. First levels I play cat and mouse with enemies because my mage has 6 HP so pretty much anything can kill with one hit. I use a sling and Imoen is the bait most of the time. Memorized spells are consumed almost instantly in low levels and it feels kind of silly to rest all the time after a few encounters, if you want play mage as mage.

Archers are even better now. My archer was a fighter in original BG because they can put 5 points to bow mastery for some nice bonuses. Full plate mail gave extra dodge chance (AC) for physical damage too. In BGEE, I can't play neutral or evil alignment, if I want to use archer kit for rangers. Chaotic Neutral is my favorite alignment.

It seems that enemy spawns are also bugged in BGEE. Many posts about this in BGEE forums. They come with heavily reduced numbers like 1 talon elite guy instead 3 talon elites or something like that.
Old 2012-12-02, 19:12   Link #82
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Nice. I'll have to pick it up. I used to play dual and tri-class fighter/thief/mages and other weird combos .. As for archers/mages .. I remember you could abuse BG1 by using summoned skeletons and the noxious gas cloud spell. Or entanglement and a team of archers. My only problem with archers in BG2 is .. everyone seems to have mantle or requires +4 and higher to hit..

Which meant you were stuck using the gesen shortbow..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 19:15   Link #83
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I loved Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance when I was a kid. I never played the original - think this would be enjoyable?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 19:16   Link #84
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I loved Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance when I was a kid. I never played the original - think this would be enjoyable?
It is absolutely nothing like Dark Alliance. If you've ever played Dragon Age: Origins? That was the spiritual successor to this. Real-time with pause gameplay.

Outlook is positive
Old 2012-12-02, 20:37   Link #85
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Lawful Evil Fighter/Cleric atm, although I'm hanging around Neutral in regard to reputation and the like. I just can't make myself be a jerk to people. I also have a Skald and Wild Mage in the wings for other playthroughs and MP.

Dorn is pretty awesome, Edwin is funny. Need to go pick up Viconia and Neera though. Its all good fun.
Old 2012-12-02, 21:15   Link #86
willx
Nyaaan~~

One thing I have to admit is that I was surprised so many of the cast from BG1 never made it into BG2. I loved BG2, but I felt like it was an oversight they could've explained better.. It turned into a "canon" party system.. Like Branwen for example.. I missed her!

Outlook is .. missing?
Old 2013-08-18, 23:12   Link #87
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Is Baldur's Gate 2 going to get an Enhanced Edition? Don't they face some problem with that now?
Old 2013-08-19, 03:25   Link #88
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

They seem to have gotten over their issue with Atari being giant dicks.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...n-back-up.aspx
Old 2013-08-19, 15:25   Link #89
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
One thing I have to admit is that I was surprised so many of the cast from BG1 never made it into BG2. I loved BG2, but I felt like it was an oversight they could've explained better.. It turned into a "canon" party system.. Like Branwen for example.. I missed her!

Outlook is .. missing?
Actually, everyone did make it to BGII, one way or another. Branwen and that gay elf moonsword guy appear only in tutorial though. Other made it over in bad ways, like Kahleed got chopped up....
Old 2013-08-19, 17:02   Link #90
T-6000

I wonder if they still plan on releasing the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate 2? I plan on picking it up since Baldur's Gate 2 has always been a timeless classic (despite some parts of the plot and dialogue choices I immensely disagree with), if they plan on developing and releasing it.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 07:45   Link #91
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I wonder if they still plan on releasing the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate 2? I plan on picking it up since Baldur's Gate 2 has always been a timeless classic (despite some parts of the plot and dialogue choices I immensely disagree with), if they plan on developing and releasing it.
And exposing the newer generations to the awesomeness that was Jon Irenicus.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 08:36   Link #92
willx
Nyaaan~~

Haven't seen any activity here in sometime .. my review of the enhanced edition is actually very poor! Lots of problems, bugs and UI inefficiencies.. I'm actually quite upset.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:45   Link #93
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

BG2:EE is coming out in November, I enjoyed BG:EE so will be getting this one. Anyone else?
Old 2013-09-26, 11:10   Link #94
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
BG2:EE is coming out in November
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Anyone else?
Oh god, yes.
Old 2013-09-26, 17:21   Link #95
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Spoiler:

Ma Gawd. What race/class are you going to play as when you get it?
Old 2013-09-26, 17:51   Link #96
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Haven't decided yet. Last time (in what feels like eons ago) I played as a Paladin Inquisitor. Thinking that this time around I'll go with something more ambiguous so I get to explore the taint a bit more.
Old 2013-09-26, 18:00   Link #97
Destined_Fate

I look forward to the story improvements an d how they bring in the other characters.

Kinda annoyed that Neera's story ends on a cliffhanger if you romance her as she doesn't commit.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 18:09   Link #98
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I am most excited for the new UI and the chance to continue the story

Tags
baldur's gate, dragons, dungeons, minsc