AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-10, 19:58   Link #1
Thenondream

Store in North VA actually renting Naruto fansubs.

Like said. They are renting all current Naruto episodes on recordable VHS tapes. Also were renting Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7, and Full Metal Alchemist. They also have a gigantic bootleg DVD selection. Even of anime mentioned above. Pretty funny they are turning the files they leech of your computers into profit.

http://www.pandorascube.com/
Thenondream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 20:01   Link #2
salamando
Fire Elemental

Send a message via MSN to salamando
Woah. Fun when the "If you paid for this, you have been scammed" thing comes, that some fansubbers add in their subs.
salamando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 20:06   Link #3
Thenondream

They're pretty infamous, just do a search on google.
Old 2004-09-10, 20:16   Link #4
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenondream
They're pretty infamous, just do a search on google.
Yup yup! It happens all the time, and I am telling you now, ppl like them will spoil everything for us In the end.

There Is a fine line as It Is with fansubs. we really don't need shit like this.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 20:26   Link #5
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
Take a mob of people and burn the place down! Do it!!
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 21:11   Link #6
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage
Take a mob of people and burn the place down! Do it!!

Anyways, it's like INANE said. If you were to buy some of their stuff, you would get ripped off.
Old 2004-09-10, 21:21   Link #7
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
who knows maybe some of the ppl that rent have reallllllllyyy crappy connection and know they gettting ripped off
dannylu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 21:27   Link #8
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylu88
who knows maybe some of the ppl that rent have reallllllllyyy crappy connection and know they gettting ripped off
Yes true I see what you are saying, If I had a crappy dial up conny or something like that I would prolly buy some bootledgs also.

But only because the chances of me seeing Naruto any other way would be absolute zero!

But I still don't approve of It In anyway what so ever!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 21:42   Link #9
FearTheMullet

Wow, and when Naruto/any of those, gets bought by american companys and liscenced guess whos going to jail? The owners of that store, and when that happens, I shall laugh.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 21:43   Link #10
Voltage
若い雷

If I had no means of getting the anime from the internet I would just find a friend that has it. That's how I got into anime in the first place, my friends just threw random anime at me.
Old 2004-09-11, 10:19   Link #11
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I knew of a GREAT anime fun place that had the normal games and anime to rent...

HOWEVER!!!!!

They DID have unlicenced anime in subbed form (some they did their selves) but it was free!!!!!!

They had the one who borrowed it place down money as a security measure and the money was returned when the disk was returned... They said no one ever stiffed them because they told them that the first disk this isn't returned is the day they stop letting people view them at all.

VOLTAGE's post "tossing random anime"
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 11:48   Link #12
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

ermmmm, if you really think about it... and I mean really think about it.. is it so wrong to make a profit when all you're doing is helping those with less fortunate internet connections see a wolrd they otherwise would've had to wait years to see?
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 11:54   Link #13
Zacron-X
Star-born Hero

Send a message via AIM to Zacron-X Send a message via Yahoo to Zacron-X
Uh...Yes? It's stuff like this that'll destroy fansubs as we know them. It just irks me to think that they have the balls to rent them even with the fansubbers warning in the video.
Zacron-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 18:05   Link #14
Voltage
若い雷

It's easy. If you don't have broadband internet, chances are that you have friends that do.... you do have friends right?

Reasons to buy/rent free fansubs(the word, "buy" and "free" shouldn't be in the same sentence):
  1. You're an Amish that likes anime, but everyone you know doesn't have internet, or a computer for that matter.
  2. You have absolutely no friends, or don't know anyone that has broadband.(liar.)
  3. You have no idea that the anime is a free fansub, and after buying/renting several episodes, you finally realize that you got swindled.

That's about the only reasons that I have on me right now. Feel free to add to it.
Old 2004-09-11, 19:41   Link #15
Thenondream

My understanding from reading other forums is they will edit out the "If you paid for this you got screwed" message. If asked they will try to pass it of as legit.
Old 2004-09-12, 00:30   Link #16
haleguu
LOLICON

Just report it to Bandai, ADV, Funimation, etc. Actually just report it to ADV...ADV pretty much go all out on these mofos who make money...when that money is suppose to go to THEM.

If ADV can go after mircx.com for their torrents, they sure as hell can raise some hell on these people who are actually making money off something that's supposedly is free to obtain.

I can't believe they actually do it out in the open and as a chain store too. Usually, especially in Asian shops (Chinatown, etc.) they usually have it hidden out from public view, but people who are seeking anime...know they have it. This store (Pandora's Cube) sure has some big balls to be doing this so openly.
haleguu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 00:43   Link #17
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Lol, I'd actually rent the series if it's cheap because it saves me time.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 00:49   Link #18
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage
It's easy. If you don't have broadband internet, chances are that you have friends that do.... you do have friends right?

Reasons to buy/rent free fansubs(the word, "buy" and "free" shouldn't be in the same sentence):
  1. You're an Amish that likes anime, but everyone you know doesn't have internet, or a computer for that matter.
  2. You have absolutely no friends, or don't know anyone that has broadband.(liar.)
  3. You have no idea that the anime is a free fansub, and after buying/renting several episodes, you finally realize that you got swindled.

That's about the only reasons that I have on me right now. Feel free to add to it.
When I'm not at college, I live in the countryside, and I don't have broadband. The one friend I do have who has it refuses to download fansubs because she thinks they're illegal for some reason (despite my arguments to the otherwise) plus the amount I need anyway is just too much. She's also 50 minutes away from me. So basically, over the summer, I get no Naruto.

But hey, right now, I have a gigabit, yowza.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 02:39   Link #19
yinstro

IMO the line you draw is a fake one. in fact thiers not much difference between you seeing unliscensed anime for free or for cost as far as the parent company is concerned, in fact they prolly prefer bootlegs, it involves a lot more cost and risk, and requires hard copies. The main beef i think is valid is, the subbers did the translation, and they did not intend it to be distributed for a profit.

Anyhow thefact is, the people bootleging are providing a service, at a cost but the cost is usually not that high and people getting the animation who cant get it otherwise dont feel gyped in fact they are often just happy to see new and different anime uncut, just like you do

edit: as i understand it no one has rights to naruto yet. so adv wouldnt bother methinks, also stopping 20 or 40 narutos from being sold serves a lot less purpose than stopping 4000 narutos from being given free. i think they would place torrents far above the vendors
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 03:00   Link #20
haleguu
LOLICON

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
edit: as i understand it no one has rights to naruto yet. so adv wouldnt bother methinks, also stopping 20 or 40 narutos from being sold serves a lot less purpose than stopping 4000 narutos from being given free. i think they would place torrents far above the vendors
Um, he stated that they had a GIGANTIC selection of bootleg DVDs - Samurai Champloo (Geneon), Full Metal Alchemist (FUNImation), Samurai 7 (Not licensed, yet.), and probably lots more titles.

If I were ADV I would be concern. Considering that they are selling these bootlegs in 3 chain stores throughout VA and MA and some of them could be ADV licenses.
haleguu is offline   Reply With Quote