AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-08-07, 22:19   Link #361
winter45

Or even better!!! The public reaction of exposed Clyne faction involvment in both wars against Zaft to the General public.

Last edited by winter45; 2007-08-08 at 00:52. Reason: Typo
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 22:33   Link #362
carmolita

Does anyone know how the Japanese fans feel about the move? Do they have mixed feelings about it ? Are they more exicted about the seed movie or the new gundam series??
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 10:50   Link #363
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
But then again SEED isnīt aimed at UC-fans, SEED was supposed and made its own fanbase.
Exactly. I think that it'd be counter-productive, both financially and story-wise, to try to target any future Seed works towards UC fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Or even better!!! The public reaction of exposed Clyne faction involvment in both wars against Zaft to the General public.
Why would this make any difference? As far as the non-PLANT public is concerned, this was just an internal PLANT conflict, so they wouldn't really care. And if Lacus' actions weren't at least fairly popular with the people of PLANT, then Durandal would have used them to smear her during the Cosmic Era 73 war. And she wouldn't have ended up on the High Council after it (just like Eileen Canaver before her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Does anyone know how the Japanese fans feel about the move? Do they have mixed feelings about it ? Are they more exicted about the seed movie or the new gundam series??
It's just about impossible to accurately gauge this, but the Seed shows were (are?) the most popular Gundam works in the last twenty years, so the interest is likely to be very high for the movie. Keep in mind that Sunrise has released almost no information about it.

Likewise, Gundam 00 has had a marketing blitz akin to Turn A Gundam or Seed Destiny (the Seed marketing was more muted in comparison), so there's likely to be a fair bit of buzz as well. Unfortunately, Gundam 00 doesn't have the benefit of working off of a popular series like Seed or Destiny, and it doesn't have the name appeal of Tomino, so it probably doesn't enjoy quite as much fanfare. However, we know how well the marketing for Turn A turned (pun not intended) out, so it may not mean a whole lot.
Old 2007-08-08, 14:19   Link #364
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well next month is gs fan disc 2

with mini gs 2 & etc in the fan disc of gs 2 & besides only a few month till gs is 5yrs.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 14:57   Link #365
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tran
Gundam 00 doesn't have the benefit of working off of a popular series like Seed or Destiny
^Dude when a new Gundam comes out everybody in Japan knows about it..It'll automatically be featured in every popular anime magazine (One of which Gundam OWNS) and promos seen every random place you meet...It will be watched and will win or fail based on the impressions from the first few episodes and//or MS model//designs...Gundam X failed because it was up against the EVA movement, Turn-A commercially failed because the character and MS designs weren't universally accepted...Gundam Wing was popular as hell but it was followed by the 2 series I just mentioned--it also didn't have the benefit of existing in the apex of the DVD-computer technological based world we live in today where a series with average ratings (like GSD) can make that up based on DVD sales and easily accessible internet viewing alone...DVD blitz campaigns weren't as prevelant then as they are now where you can get someone who didn't watch the series on TV to quickly buy the DVD on name alone with just a click...

With today's online society the lack of a popular lead in doesn't effect Gundam OO like it effected Gundam X over a decade ago...CE definatley has a built in fanbase but the lack of one doesn't hurt the new series when Gundam's overall exposure is as prevelant as ever..With Bandai coming off of Code Geass' success offering a new series to a similiar demographic as expressed in recent interviews will only help GundamOO...Basically I don't see SEED being a huge problem at all for this show...
Old 2007-08-08, 16:38   Link #366
carmolita

I'm begining to wonder if its a bad thing that fukada is keeping the tales of the movie a secret .... Is that a bad sign as far as the seed movie is concernd or are they trying to increase the hype?? Or are they trying to make sure the seed movie doesn't overshadow the 00 series?? I have a feeling its not going to come out until the first season of 00 is over...perhaps that's why they changed the release year from 2007 to 2008..
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 17:01   Link #367
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^Dude when a new Gundam comes out everybody in Japan knows about it..It'll automatically be featured in every popular anime magazine
I'm quite aware of this. My point is that some series get more exposure than others. I'm not very familiar with the early '90s series, but I know that Turn A got the most marketing as both the 20th Anniversary show and as Tomino's return to Gundam. Seed's marketing, on the other hand was much more subdued in comparison.

By the way, as popular as Wing was in its day, it was nowhere near as big a moneymaker as the Seed shows have been (I'm referring strictly to Japan).

Quote:
With today's online society the lack of a popular lead in doesn't effect Gundam OO like it effected Gundam X over a decade ago...CE definatley has a built in fanbase but the lack of one doesn't hurt the new series when Gundam's overall exposure is as prevelant as ever..With Bandai coming off of Code Geass' success offering a new series to a similiar demographic as expressed in recent interviews will only help GundamOO...
On what data are you basing any of this?

Quote:
Basically I don't see SEED being a huge problem at all for this show...
Why would anyone think otherwise? The Cosmic Era shows have been the best thing for Gundam in the last twenty years - it all but guarantees that while those fans may not care for older Gundam works, they'll at least give Gundam 00 a chance. I can't see the Seed shows doing anything other than boosting future works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita
I'm begining to wonder if its a bad thing that fukada is keeping the tales of the movie a secret .... Is that a bad sign as far as the seed movie is concernd or are they trying to increase the hype?? Or are they trying to make sure the seed movie doesn't overshadow the 00 series?? I have a feeling its not going to come out until the first season of 00 is over...perhaps that's why they changed the release year from 2007 to 2008..
Bandai's standard policy is to not even announce a Gundam work until about six months before it's released. Hence, it's not too surprising that they're not releasing much informationabout the movie, particularly since it'd distract from Gundam 00's debut. I don't think that we'll see the Seed movie any time before Spring 2008.
Old 2007-08-08, 17:56   Link #368
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Unfortunately, Gundam 00 doesn't have the benefit of working off of a popular series like Seed or Destiny, and it doesn't have the name appeal of Tomino, so it probably doesn't enjoy quite as much fanfare.
The only name appeal Tomino had back when Turn A aired was to old Gundam fans from the 70's. His draw and popularity as director had been falling ever since Gundam ZZ and that's one of the reasons why he was ousted after F-91 and Victory (both commercial failures merchandise-wise).

On the other hand, Gundam 00 has Mizushima, who is more relevant to fans today because he directed the only other commercial success in the doroku slot: Fullmetal Alchemist. While targeted at a similar demographic age-wise, FMA appealed to a more balance crowd in terms of gender, and therefore many people (especially Japanese males) who aren't fans of Seed might still be tempted by Mizushima's new work.
Old 2007-08-08, 18:30   Link #369
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The only name appeal Tomino had back when Turn A aired was to old Gundam fans from the 70's. His draw and popularity as director had been falling ever since Gundam ZZ and that's one of the reasons why he was ousted after F-91 and Victory (both commercial failures merchandise-wise).
Thanks, that answers a question I've had for a while now. I wonder if you know how Tomino managed to regain his popularity. Turn A was as much of a financial failure as Victory was, and Brain Powered flopped, so was it all on the strength of Overman King Gainer's success?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
On the other hand, Gundam 00 has Mizushima, who is more relevant to fans today because he directed the only other commercial success in the doroku slot: Fullmetal Alchemist. While targeted at a similar demographic age-wise, FMA appealed to a more balance crowd in terms of gender, and therefore many people (especially Japanese males) who aren't fans of Seed might still be tempted by Mizushima's new work.
Yup, that's pretty much what I figured Bandai's strategy was in putting him in charge.
Old 2007-08-08, 21:04   Link #370
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
well next month is gs fan disc 2

with mini gs 2 & etc in the fan disc of gs 2 & besides only a few month till gs is 5yrs.
DUDE, just stop it... I'm not hearing this.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM NOT HEARING THIS!!!!!!

@brightman: I don't think it has alot to do with Tomino, It has alot to do with his writing...
Old 2007-08-08, 21:12   Link #371
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Thanks, that answers a question I've had for a while now. I wonder if you know how Tomino managed to regain his popularity. Turn A was as much of a financial failure as Victory was, and Brain Powered flopped, so was it all on the strength of Overman King Gainer's success?
I don't know if Tomino "has regained his popularity" per se. Amongst his core group of fans he had always been popular, but that has always been a niche crowd from what I've seen (And actually, judging from recent appearances of Turn A in Gundam Musou and the MG model, I'd have to say that in terms of longevity and long-term revenues, Turn A has them over either F91 or Victory... I'd say that it was more akin to a "cult hit"... Whereas F91 and Victory are just "forgotten").

I have no clue about the popularity of OKG (though the fact that it STILL hasn't appeared in SRW might say something...), but the Zeta movies doing well might have more to do with the First Gundam fans, and fans of the original TV series, rather than the Tomino followers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
@brightman: I don't think it has alot to do with Tomino, It has alot to do with his writing...
Not just his writing, but his overall directing style, which a lot of people find jumpy, confusing and overly complex... Plus his tendancy to go against the mainstream, which allowed him to create a show like Gundam, but also makes it hard for him in duplicating its success amongst an audience that tends to go after the mainstream stuff. (Not to mention the fact that Bandai's Gunpla brought popularity to the franchise, not so much the show itself)

Last edited by brightman; 2007-08-08 at 21:32.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 23:29   Link #372
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well geez unless GS the movie will have another version of this In episode 16 ("The Burning Desert Sands") & GS special edtion vol.1 , it is made very clear that the main character Kira Yamato and Fllay Allster had sex sometime between episode 15 and 16. This scene gave parents in Japan a scare and caused a good deal of controversy at the time.

but this time with kira & lacus or athrun & cagalli or even lacus & cagalli (i really wish) going to "do it"! in GS the movie?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2007-08-09, 07:00   Link #373
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well geez unless GS the movie will have another version of this In episode 16 ("The Burning Desert Sands") & GS special edtion vol.1 , it is made very clear that the main character Kira Yamato and Fllay Allster had sex sometime between episode 15 and 16. This scene gave parents in Japan a scare and caused a good deal of controversy at the time.

but this time with kira & lacus or athrun & cagalli or even lacus & cagalli (i really wish) going to "do it"! in GS the movie?!
WTH? there isn't a single mention of a 3rd GS show or any other signs of extream seed fanisim(is that even a word?) in that post..... who are you and what have you done with D-KLAC!
________
Bdsm slave

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:00.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 10:18   Link #374
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:

I don't understand a thing of what you're trying to say.
Well, what can you expect from a Gundam Seed freak.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 12:11   Link #375
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well ya remember GS special editon 1 when they show kira & flay "do it/se-x" besides what if in GS the movie "do it" again this time with kira & lacus or athrun & cagalli or even lacus & cagalli (i really wish) besides that is omg contraverstal in GS series.
Old 2007-08-09, 16:52   Link #376
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
well ya remember GS special editon 1 when they show kira & flay "do it/se-x" besides what if in GS the movie "do it" again this time with kira & lacus or athrun & cagalli or even lacus & cagalli (i really wish) besides that is omg contraverstal in GS series.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Sheesh...
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 17:37   Link #377
UPR

well at the very least I would like to see a Kira & Lacus kiss.
Old 2007-08-09, 23:39   Link #378
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ D-KLAC

Honestly, just watching the movie to see any of the couples kiss or "do it"...

As long as the entire story is closed satisfactorily, then I am happy. I'm a very simple fan to please.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 01:27   Link #379
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

@ Gelven: Don't talk... That's it, don't talk..... you're just pushing it Mr! What are you trying to do? Make Gundam SEED into hentai. The show's title is Gundam SEED, not SCHOOL DAYS!!....

Anyways the technology in CE is already looking like it's star wars or something.
Old 2007-08-10, 01:31   Link #380
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Well there already a couple of SEED echhi floating around, I think it was already noted by another person on this forum and on another thread...>.>;;

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep