AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 16:57   Link #441
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

That is some good songs you linked there soconfused really nice, favorited straight away
Old 2011-11-01, 02:50   Link #442
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
Yo since it is Halloween and all
How about the gravediggaz?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrSgpusp7PA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE-5Q_xyiwo
Old 2011-11-02, 23:24   Link #443
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Personally, I like Eminem mainly because he just speaks what's on his mind and what he feels at the time. I like to connect to the artist that I'm listening to on an emotional and mental level. I've only been able to do that with a few artists: Eminem, Lil Wayne(Some of his songs), Drake(some of his songs), and the a less mainstream artist Immortal Technique.
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 15:29   Link #444
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Yeah Marshal to me back a few years ago meant a lot to me and I loved every song and now I feel nothing for him. As for Drake and Lil wayne, I don't like what they talk about, I have tried to listen to them, but just can't get with it.

A decent remix here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnHwVXDSK5o

Have to fling this in as its a beast of a track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBrzEVJwYFg
Old 2011-11-03, 16:35   Link #445
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Yeah Marshal to me back a few years ago meant a lot to me and I loved every song and now I feel nothing for him. As for Drake and Lil wayne, I don't like what they talk about, I have tried to listen to them, but just can't get with it.
For eminem: I like all of his older songs, mainly all the ones he made for his daughter(s). The only two I like right now that he recently has done was No love Ft. Lil Wayne and Wont back down Ft Pink

Lil Wayne: I only like Drop the World, How to Love, and Leather So Soft(mainly just because of how Bluesey it sounds).

Drake: I only like Successful ft Trey Songz and Fall for your type Ft Jamie Foxx

oh and I also like T.I. song Live in the sky ft. Jamie Foxx as well
Old 2011-11-03, 19:08   Link #446
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

T.I is nice he keeps it underground most of the time, then makes a few mainstream singles so he can make some money, I like that. But with lil wayne and drake I can only ever think of them as money grabbers. To me lil wayne is like a attention seeker.
Eminem tunes about his daughter are real deep good taste.
Old 2011-11-03, 21:44   Link #447
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Yea they are but they both have made a song or two where they have put themselves into it, if that makes any sense. Other then a small handful of meaningful songs, it's just as you said, they're money grabbers. But I honestly can't blame them, having nothing then moving up to everything(so to speak) can just do that to a person. Granted the main audiences are people who don't really listen for meaningful shit, rather just hear about the 'p*ssy, money, weed' crap.
Old 2011-11-06, 12:04   Link #448
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Yeah that stuff is insanely annoying when people call themselves rappers who just talk about money weed and girls.*cough* Rick Ross *cough*.

Well T.I came from a hard knock place for sure.
As for Drake he grew up well, not bad at all, quiet a nice family to be honest.
As for Wayne I don't know anything about him, apart from his feuds with rappers that he looses.

Some rappers who become a very big success still keep it real and don't try to get more money. Take Wu Tang Clan for a instance, they are multi platinum, all tour still and bring out music which means something to them. They are the 2nd best selling mega group in the world(Shows how much money they have between seven or eight people). They still hang out with there real friends and don't try to make rap into a mockery.

Then rappers like 50 cent pretty mainstream but he does it well releasing mix tapes and then one or two singles which are club hits.

Nas and DMX extremely well known rappers all from making rap success.
What I am getting at is if Lil Wayne was so into his music he would keep to it, but he doesn't and just makes songs like lollipop to make money.
Old 2011-11-12, 19:08   Link #449
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

My friend recommended me some Childish Gambino, and wow, he's pretty good. I like him. Had no idea that he was Donald Glover lol.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:13   Link #450
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS7sZ1qUqnA
If anyone likes a amazing freestyle U-God goes mad.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:49   Link #451
KhaL

Well then, this is surely a great thread to get my teeth into, being a long time hip hop lover

I fell out of love with it in the early 2000's though due to crappy infestation of G-unit and Jay-Z.

Gone are the times when hip hop was real and part of the entire hip hop movement, which entailed music/fashion/graffiti/Breaking/Beatboxing and its just dance pop/hiphop crap now with auto tune and skill-less oafs.

put some old school stuff on and see where it's at. most of todays stuff is tripe.

K.
KhaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 08:33   Link #452
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
There's not a single rapper I am a fan of, they're all very inconsistent in the quality of their works.

Personal faves are:
Hip Hop Saved My Life - Lupe Fiasco (I mean Stack That Cheese)
Playing with fire/Nine Thou - Styles of Beyond
When I'm Gone/Mockingbird/Stan (/w Dido EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)/Without Me/No Love - Eminem
Never Change - Sam Ock
Ridin' Dirty - Chamillionaire

And a very personal one:
Smile Through It All - J. Reyez

And maybe:
Velocity - Tonedeff

EDIT*
And shameless advertising to this cover of Lighters by em, 5'9 and that guy who got killed by a grenade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9k8WTyDEg4

-----------------------
What matters to me for Rap:
1. Fluidity
2. Enunciation and Accent (If the rapper has a muffled nasally voice like my own, please, please, shut up, and stop rapping)
3. Artistry and word play
4. Message
5. Baseline and Beat
6. Chorus
7. Tempo (I prefer fast paced rap)
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 08:55   Link #453
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Welcome to the thread always nice to see people interested in Hip Hop, even though its nearly dead with the consistent mainstream crap.

The only chance for the hip hop scene will be Nas's new album, Dmx new album and now the newly signed wu tang/Nas record label which is Tylor the creator.

Please note paranoid Android that this is intelligent hip hop/rap thread and I am positive that lighters doesn't fit in.

Anyway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW55FRXlPEs
Brilliant song by Nas so peaceful.
Old 2011-11-29, 12:11   Link #454
KhaL

cheers for the welcome

I dunno, some hip hop is still to be found. Ghostface killah did a nice album not long ago with "apollo kids" which was very reminiscent of older wu tang stuff, around the wu tang forever era I think.

Nas is a bit marmite for my tastes, and DMX has gone rather loony since the last time he did any music so he is certainly a wild card imo.
Old 2011-11-29, 12:48   Link #455
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Nas is a lyrical genius and is the one who made hip hop so large with collaborations and starting off groups etc. But to everyone's taste

Yeah Ghostface is old school though, and one of my favorite rappers. Im talking about the new generation of rappers.
Old 2011-11-29, 13:06   Link #456
KhaL

woah woah woah, I have to stop you there! How was Nas to do all the big collaborations in the early days and starting off groups?

Do you mean something like when Ice T started Body Count and amalgamated 2 extreme but massively Oxymoronic music genres to create a whole new genre, which would be latre "pioneered" by the likes of "Rage against the Machine", "Linkin Park" and "Limp Bizkit".

Or do you mean like Dr Dre formerly of NWA who established Death Row records and The Firm (including Nas) and has been central to introducing Hip Hop (not even mentioning the G-funk era of the 90's with Snoop, Warren G et al) to the masses and making it the major force it was at the end of the 90's/early 2000's?

Nas was always up there, sure, but he was never a pioneer, just a fantastic lyricist imo

(sorry, got a bit carried away there!)

Side note - I hear Lupe Fiasco is supposed to be good.
Old 2011-11-30, 08:33   Link #457
SayItAintSoJoe
Catsup Over Ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
My friend recommended me some Childish Gambino, and wow, he's pretty good. I like him. Had no idea that he was Donald Glover lol.
Haha, when I first saw Freaks & Geeks video, the contrast between Donald Glover the Rapper and Troy from Community just blew my mind. Bit more used to it now, but whenever I watch Community I'm just...."wow".

Anyway, I'm quite a fan of *intelligent* hip-hop and rap myself. My favourite artists are the Japan-based ones, like Nujabes (R.I.P), Cyne and ShinSight Trio.

Busdriver's pretty good too but his flow just, well, goes way over my mind, honestly.
Old 2011-11-30, 12:29   Link #458
colorles
kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzSi7voW7Hchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzSi7...eature=related
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 19:40   Link #459
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaL View Post
woah woah woah, I have to stop you there! How was Nas to do all the big collaborations in the early days and starting off groups?

Do you mean something like when Ice T started Body Count and amalgamated 2 extreme but massively Oxymoronic music genres to create a whole new genre, which would be latre "pioneered" by the likes of "Rage against the Machine", "Linkin Park" and "Limp Bizkit".

Or do you mean like Dr Dre formerly of NWA who established Death Row records and The Firm (including Nas) and has been central to introducing Hip Hop (not even mentioning the G-funk era of the 90's with Snoop, Warren G et al) to the masses and making it the major force it was at the end of the 90's/early 2000's?

Nas was always up there, sure, but he was never a pioneer, just a fantastic lyricist imo
Il just put this here http://www.islanddefjam.com/artist/n...&artistID=7312 :P
That article says how influential he is. Its fine that its your opinion but you need to back it up. Because your dates are a few years after Nas was doing his thing.
Old 2011-12-15, 09:44   Link #460
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

So happy Black Star is producing an album/mix-tape(still unclear which one it'll be) in 2012. They've already released two tracks, "Fix Up" and "You Already Knew". You can find the studio version of "Fix Up" on YouTube but I like their performance of it on Colbert more.