4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-12, 15:58   Link #41
DanielSong39

In the anime, Lawrence initially closes the deal at 32, which is probably close to fair value for the pepper. He asks for double margin and ends up with a debt of 47.

So my assumption was that he drove up the price 50%.
Old 2008-03-12, 16:56   Link #42
creamyhorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
In the anime, Lawrence initially closes the deal at 32, which is probably close to fair value for the pepper. He asks for double margin and ends up with a debt of 47.
The 32 figure is the exchange rate for Trenni silvers to Lumione golds, not the initial price offered by the merchant for the pepper. But this a minor point anyway...
Old 2008-03-12, 17:23   Link #43
DanielSong39

My mistake - he is offered 45 Lumione for the pepper, with the exchange rate quoted at 32 5/6 - which comes out to 1477.5 Trenni. No wonder Lawrence was willing to accept the deal.

Watching the episode again, my take is that Lawrence was probably offered a fair deal. The merchant decided on the weighing scale after Lawrence stated that he believed in God, and he didn't offer Lawrence a drink or drag out the proceedings before settling on the deal. His dirty tricks are probably reserved for others.

Lawrence ends up with a debt of 47 Lumione, which tells me that he used his entire leverage to obtain armor on credit.
Old 2008-03-12, 21:18   Link #44
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

BSS sub is out!
Old 2008-03-12, 21:51   Link #45
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Yep. You beat me to the proverbial punch.
Old 2008-03-12, 22:09   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Always thanks to BSS .

Spoiler for Ep11:

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-03-12 at 22:21.
Old 2008-03-12, 23:45   Link #47
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
I figured out a way to clear up my confusion with the payment he got in the coin scam deal.

Lawrence wants to make enough money to open a shop right?

Well regardless of the exchange rates of different currencies, I feel his payment for the coin scam should be enough to open a shop. That's considering how they built it up making me think this was a HUGE deal involving tons of money. If even at 5%, its not enough for a shop, then it was overhyped.

Finally I was able to clearly explain
I thought at the end of coin scam arc lawrence didn't get too much money in total.
He thought it is supposed to be enough to open a shop, but the result of the coin scam arc turns out to be not enough

but ya, may be the armor price drops a lot at that city.
or may be nobody wanna buy the armor in 2 days deadline.
Old 2008-03-13, 01:14   Link #48
Xacual

Now that I've watched it.

Spoiler:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-03-13, 02:44   Link #49
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Again, another amazing episode...The only thing I want to say is that as it turned out, Lawrence wasn't even considering honeyed peaches at this point. He just apologized. But in the end, it wasn't Horo that was mad at Lawrence, it was Horo that was mad at Horo, so she didn't expect him to do anything to apologize, because she really believed it was her fault for being selfish in "forcing" Lawrence to take her with him. However, Lawrence (the softy he is) doesn't see it this way, and harbors no ill will towards Horo. He's just sorry for exploding like that, end of argument. and this ticked Horo off, who wants him to yell at her because she knows she did something wrong.

Anyway, loved the reconciliation, and am looking forward to the last two episodes +OVA, and wondering if that can really finish up this section of gold smuggling. Looks close, but it should be okay, with everything wrapped up.

GLOOMY VERSION

At the end of the episode, the company looked forebodding. It wouldn't surprise me to see them go to the church about the gold smuggling, (some kind of profit would be given to them for this somehow) Then Lawrence and Horo are arrested, Lawrence gets killed, in a rampage Horo goes mad and destroys half the village before dying from loss of blood from numerours wounds, Nora escapes into the woods to have a mercenary group hired by the church come after her, and they're all dead.

Hmmm....
Old 2008-03-13, 02:57   Link #50
DanielSong39

You might as well throw in the butcher knife, saw, and the boat while you're at it.

Honestly, I see Lawrence and Horo continuing their journey north at the end of all this - hopefully with a little a profit in stow.
Old 2008-03-13, 03:30   Link #51
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

Heartwarming episode. This one is really all about the back and forth between Horo and Lawrence.

For some reason, even thogh this series has a bit of drama, I never feel anxious. I always feel pretty upbeat after watching an episode. Horo and Lawrence are such "pure" (only way I can describe it) characters, that anything with both of them on the screen is magic.

Nice to see them slowly inching closer and closer.

Don't want it to end............
Old 2008-03-13, 03:31   Link #52
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
GLOOMY VERSION

At the end of the episode, the company looked forebodding. It wouldn't surprise me to see them go to the church about the gold smuggling, (some kind of profit would be given to them for this somehow) Then Lawrence and Horo are arrested, Lawrence gets killed, in a rampage Horo goes mad and destroys half the village before dying from loss of blood from numerours wounds, Nora escapes into the woods to have a mercenary group hired by the church come after her, and they're all dead.

Hmmm....
I don't recall that storyline, which episode was it in Fullmetal Alchemist?
Anyways, you've mistaken the thread that should be one column down in the Older section.
Old 2008-03-13, 04:15   Link #53
tabun
rawr!

I was quite disheartened at the beginning of this episode (continued the way 10 ended), but it quickly turned out for the better again. Perhaps a bit too fast, but time is scarce, as we approach the final episode. Speaking of which...
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust123
Don't want it to end...........
I'd rather think they will leave us all struggling with a cliffhanger the size of an iceberg. Which, as aggravating as it may be for that moment, would then imply a second season, further following the novels - and that would in turn make up for any cliffhanger they present us with. No?

Oh, and might I add, this forum needs more tails. Many, many more. <3
Old 2008-03-13, 04:25   Link #54
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

@Tri-ring hahaha. Actually, if you've checked into the ending of FMA volume 15 for the manga, Scar is freaking freaky. After Ishbal...wait, this isn't the FMA section is it.....OOPS ^_^

Anyway, honestly, my true opinion is they send Nora off to the other village where the gold is put into the sheeps stomachs, she then herds them back, there may be some kind of run in with the church as she would probobly have left, <have to remember the priest had already offered her a job> and something about bandits, for a bit of adventure, when she safely makes it back to .....the town.....and they gut the sheep and pull out the gold, hoping the sheep didn't turn it into fecal matter on the return trip, Lawrence pulls off a decent profit, Nora is set up, Lawrence now has money and armor, where he continues on to a place where maybe the price is still good due to a demand? IDK.....so they all get what the want, and the corrupted church is left in the lurch with a loss on the gold monopoly. As L&H ride into the setting sun, all looks well as they start out on a new series of adventures.
Old 2008-03-13, 05:10   Link #55
Khaos

Arrow

Just another good episode. Horo standing behind Lawrence at the end was just

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
TAIL MOEEE, god is there any internet MEME for TAIL lover, gahh i need one, tail overdose every time i watch spice and wolf
There is one:
Spoiler for All Hail to the Tail!:
Old 2008-03-13, 06:21   Link #56
Tri-ring

seaghyn16

How about this.

Spoiler for My speculations:

How's that?
Old 2008-03-13, 07:46   Link #57
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

@Tri-ring.....this is a guess, but did you read the Light Novels? If not, you really know how to formulate an episode outline.......That's a good specualtion. Give me a bit and I'll work out a new one ^_^
Old 2008-03-13, 07:56   Link #58
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
@Tri-ring.....this is a guess, but did you read the Light Novels? If not, you really know how to formulate an episode outline.......That's a good specualtion. Give me a bit and I'll work out a new one ^_^
Nope, I just thought it would be an interesting plot twist ala Lupin the 3rd style.
Old 2008-03-13, 08:02   Link #59
FateAnomaly

Why are they talking about their plans in a public area. Aren't they afraid that they will be overheard?

It seems they are doing one shady deals after another.
Old 2008-03-13, 08:05   Link #60
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Why are they talking about their plans in a public area. Aren't they afraid that they will be overheard?

It seems they are doing one shady deals after another.
plot hole! But Lawrence did whisper the part about gold smuggling to Nora.
Closed Thread