Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-05, 13:14   Link #21
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I know Hancock was the one to save Luffy and all, but..... I dunno, I guess I just don't think that should be an excuse for Marco to neglect his responsibility. Also, if he takes on Mihawk then we may finally get a chance to see his real fighting style (I recall there being a lot of speculation in the past about Marco being a swordsman). Let's hope he gets his rear in gear the next time Luffy is in danger, yeah?
Marco can be busy aswell too, Aokiji is still out there not to mention about Kizaru and Akainu.

With so many high level fighters everywhere you cant have much peace, I am sure Marco really wants to keep Luffy alive and its a direct order from Old man but Marco is also most powerful guy on Whitebeards forces and one of the few in the field that can keep admirals on check.

But I am sure someone will interfere Mihawks and Luffys 'fight' but we will see will it be Marco or perhaps someone else.
Old 2009-10-05, 13:41   Link #22
Illieas

Quote:
I highly doubt those two will have a prolonged fight. Most likely Luffy will have a short scuffle with Mihawk similar to the one he had with Blackbeard at Impel Down before someone else takes over for him (probably Marco, seeing as Whitebeard ordered him to protect Luffy in the first place, yet for some reason didn't lift a finger when Smoker was about to rape him with his seastone weapon....).
edit
ninja'd
what prestige said above.

Last edited by Illieas; 2009-10-05 at 13:42. Reason: ninja'd
Old 2009-10-05, 14:13   Link #23
AceD
See You En' Tee

The whole thing with Kuma still makes no sense, why would he just let himself become a slave to the Marines. -___-
Old 2009-10-05, 14:16   Link #24
seiji_kun

Don't have to say that I'm loving the Hancock Luffy hug. Can't wait to see a pic of it. Mihawk vs Luffy, it does strike me as strange to. Guess Mihawk wants to test how much the strawhats have grown firsthanded and could maybe let him pass when he has tested it enough.

There has to be a solution to that fight cause else it'll just lead to a to big of a grudge against Mihawk. And I can't see Shanks just laugh this of either. Mihawk is acting really strange. He should've just went for WB like he did at first. As usual Oda just is mind-boggling me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This more than makes up for the fact that there will be no One Piece next week...
Nothing can make up for that. I'll give my weekly dose of Naruto and Bleach any time for OP alone. I'd add Bakuman, Beelzebub & Toriko but that would be overdoing it to much even for OP.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:21   Link #25
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
This more than makes up for the fact that there will be no One Piece next week...
Again?!
Seems like OP takes a break every second week.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:26   Link #26
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Again?!
Seems like OP takes a break every second week.
Yeah Oda is bit busy atm. He is working actively on Movie 10 (first OP movie where he is involved) and he recently got daughter so he is father aswell.

Well One Piece is his passion but he dont have so much time for it as before. But I guess we will return to normal routine when Movie 10 is getting done.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:35   Link #27
james0246

I'm actually unsure if Shounen Jump is off next week, or it's just that the magazine will be released early (due to a holiday next Monday) before going back to their regular schedule. So, I may be wrong...
Old 2009-10-05, 14:41   Link #28
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm actually unsure if Shounen Jump is off next week, or it's just that the magazine will be released early (due to a holiday next Monday) before going back to their regular schedule. So, I may be wrong...
Just a bit of clarification (Thanks Aohige)

Quote:
10/5 Monday Jump 45 - One Piece chapter 559
10/10 Saturday Jump 46 - One Piece chapter 560
10/12 Monday - National Holiday
10/19 Monday - Jump 47 - NO ONE PIECE
10/26 Monday - Jump 48 - HOPEFULLY One Piece chapter 561
Basically we got early spoilers this weeks for Jump series because this weeks chapters are released at Saturday instead normal Monday because of Holiday.

Next week we will have Jump normally but no One Piece, after that we have no reliable info...
Old 2009-10-05, 15:41   Link #29
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Now i get what Kuma meant when he said, that the day they will meet will never come. Because he is "dead".
Old 2009-10-05, 17:33   Link #30
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Now i get what Kuma meant when he said, that the day they will meet will never come. Because he is "dead".
Exaclty! Otherwise meeting Luffy here would be breaking his word that they met last time back on Shabody. He knew he'd become fully cyborgnised and did last favour to Dragon before going out. He could die, but there must be a sub plot to him succubing to Marines - probably thanks to him all Pacifistas will be up to Dragon to disarm or use. Can't wait to see Vegapunk

Hancock part is amazing, but this makes Luffy vs Smoker stretch even more XD How long has it been since Alabasta, and now when will they meet? In New World but when?

With 3rd army (prisoners) the whole war got so much to the mix, few people are switching sides (not only Buggy's but also some of Shichibukai). I didn't care about Jose but I feel bad for him as he faces two shichibukai
I don't know how crazy things would be if Dragon showed up - but I guess he won't to not blow my mind XD

The whole vsMihawk thing is a very good cliffhanger that Oda gave us - like when Luffy decided to hit Magellan and people were arguing about whenever one hit is enough to take him down. If it was Bleach I'd say Mihawk will kill Luffy and he'll go superhollow and save Ace and then say he's not happy with it. If it were Naruto then I'd say that Mihawk is so strong thanks to sharigan XD but since it's OP I'll leave my mind free of assumption and just wait for awesome to come to me
Old 2009-10-05, 17:41   Link #31
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Oda you magnificent bastard!
Old 2009-10-05, 18:51   Link #32
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Very interesting spoilers. Mihawk obstructing Luffy was completely unexpected, but like others have said, there's no way they're going to have a serious fight. Mihawk is probably just intrigued on how far Luffy has progressed since they last met in the East Blue sea. I'm not even sure if he'll attack Luffy, because if he does he could fatally wound him given that Luffy is especially vulnerable to sharp attacks (e.g., slashes, piercing techniques, etc.).

I'm not in the least bit surprised at what has become of Kuma. A lot of us predicted that he had been converted into a complete pacifista weapon. Now that he no longer has a conscience or free will, it's quite possible that he will be even more dangerous than he was before since he can no longer be reasoned/negotiated with. Not only that, but there is no more risk of having him disobey orders or doing things on a whim. He is a perfect subordinate for the WG now.

I found the interaction between Doflamingo and Crocodile to be quite amusing. I wonder if Doflamingo mocked Crocodile for losing to the supernova rookie known as Luffy, or because he got hit by Diamond Jozu. Of course, Crocodile hates being made to look like a fool, so it was only natural that he threatened to kill Doflamingo if he wouldn't keep his trap shut. I've gotta say though, now that these two warlords have made a temporary alliance, Jozu is most likely screwed. He may be the next big casualty on Whitebeard's side.
Old 2009-10-05, 19:13   Link #33
andy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Very interesting spoilers. Mihawk obstructing Luffy was completely unexpected, but like others have said, there's no way they're going to have a serious fight. Mihawk is probably just intrigued on how far Luffy has progressed since they last met in the East Blue sea. I'm not even sure if he'll attack Luffy, because if he does he could fatally wound him given that Luffy is especially vulnerable to sharp attacks (e.g., slashes, piercing techniques, etc.).

I'm not in the least bit surprised at what has become of Kuma. A lot of us predicted that he had been converted into a complete pacifista weapon. Now that he no longer has a conscience or free will, it's quite possible that he will be even more dangerous than he was before since he can no longer be reasoned/negotiated with. Not only that, but there is no more risk of having him disobey orders or doing things on a whim. He is a perfect subordinate for the WG now.

I found the interaction between Doflamingo and Crocodile to be quite amusing. I wonder if Doflamingo mocked Crocodile for losing to the supernova rookie known as Luffy, or because he got hit by Diamond Jozu. Of course, Crocodile hates being made to look like a fool, so it was only natural that he threatened to kill Doflamingo if he wouldn't keep his trap shut. I've gotta say though, now that these two warlords have made a temporary alliance, Jozu is most likely screwed. He may be the next big casualty on Whitebeard's side.
I think it's just shows how strong Jozu is, from the spoilers he hit croc and made him bleed so that should mean he knows how to use haki. He also the strongest person we have seen in OP when come to pure physical power. I don't think don strings going to be able to cut him.

So we are looking at someone that has most likely the strongest defense and physical power we have seen so far that can use haki to hit DF user.
WB Crew are just monsters
Old 2009-10-05, 19:16   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I found the interaction between Doflamingo and Crocodile to be quite amusing. I wonder if Doflamingo mocked Crocodile for losing to the supernova rookie known as Luffy, or because he got hit by Diamond Jozu.

Actually, the exchange between them went just like this (quoting from aohige's translation here):

Quote:
Jozu comes attacking him, but DoFlamingo stops Jozu.
Jozu: So you managed to sneak out of that hole of yours huh, crocodile man?

Then he slowly turns towards DoFlamingo, and glares.

Croc: Don't get in the way Doflamingo, or I'll kill you!
DoFlamingo: How about it Crocodile, why don't we join forces?
Jozu vs Croc & Doflamingo?

If Flamingo does chide Crocoboy for the reasons you mentioned above, we'll find out when the full chapter comes out (or the spoiler pics, whichever comes first).

Anyway, I really don't see Jozu losing so easily, even if he's facing two Shichibukai. He's undoubtedly one of the strongest guys in Whitebeard's crew (that iceberg he tossed a few chapters back is a pretty good testament to his strength). Plus, the fact that he was fast enough to hit Crocodile before he realized it shows that he has the speed to back up his strength, as well. Add to that his diamond DF power, and we've got one scary mofo! Maybe if Daz joins in on the action things will be a lot more troublesome (depends on whether or not he's strong enough to slash diamond), but I don't really think there's anything to suggest that Jozu's in any disadvantage.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I think it's just shows how strong Jozu is, from the spoilers he hit croc and made him bleed so that should mean he knows how to use haki.

While I wouldn't doubt the possibility of Jozu being a Haki user, I really don't think he used it on Crocodile in this case. I'm pretty sure he just used his speed to catch him off-guard. Remember in Alabasta, when Luffy collided into both Smoker and Ace from practically out of nowhere? I think the same situation applies here.....
Old 2009-10-05, 19:17   Link #35
kakakka

Quote:
Marine: The pirate empress has been defeated by Strawhat with a bearhug!!
Is...is this for reals lol

Are they blind? She helped Luffy, yet they think she's fighting him?
Old 2009-10-05, 19:23   Link #36
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Hancock part is amazing, but this makes Luffy vs Smoker stretch even more XD How long has it been since Alabasta, and now when will they meet? In New World but when?
This is a fight that will never be done, the best you are going to see are fights with the same feel as this one, You will always see intervetions from outsiders, Smoker is a likeable character and Oda tends to make the guys who Luffy seriuosley fights unlikebale enough for the reader to even hate.
Old 2009-10-05, 19:37   Link #37
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
While I wouldn't doubt the possibility of Jozu being a Haki user, I really don't think he used it on Crocodile in this case. I'm pretty sure he just used his speed to catch him off-guard. Remember in Alabasta, when Luffy collided into both Smoker and Ace from practically out of nowhere? I think the same situation applies here.....
Well, we know that Crocodile honed his sand logia skills to perfection because of how well he trained with his fruit, and from what we saw in Alabasta, it looked like his logia defenses were reflexive (automatic, if you will) due to his mastery over the fruit. Perhaps it's a matter of how proficient the user is with their logia.
Old 2009-10-05, 19:38   Link #38
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
This is a fight that will never be done, the best you are going to see are fights with the same feel as this one, You will always see intervetions from outsiders, Smoker is a likeable character and Oda tends to make the guys who Luffy seriuosley fights unlikebale enough for the reader to even hate.
Smoker will be to luffy like what grap was to roger i don't ever see him catching him.

@marvelB

You could be right guess we have to wait for the pics to see what happens.
Old 2009-10-05, 19:40   Link #39
Rainbowman

My review:

Quote:
-Chapter title is "Prisoners of Impel Down". Zoro's ministory mentions something about a shadow crouching nearby. I guess him and Perona aren't alone on the island, then....?
I wonder what this shadow looks like? At any rate, now that this completes the Straw Hat separation serial this would mean for the Strawhat crew to reunite in the next chapter or so.

Quote:
-Hancock whispers to Luffy that she's glad he arrived, and gives him the keys for Ace's handcuffs. Luffy hugs her in gratitude, which pretty much causes her to spazz out. Smoker of course tries to stop Luffy, but Hancock turns his jutte into stone with her DF power, and it breaks apart.
I know Luffy is grateful with Hancock but he should realize that his actions with her is getting him in trouble. Good to know that Luffy is no longer occupied with Smoker.

Quote:
-Buggy seems to be hatching up some crazy plan with Mr. 3 and his followers. Meanwhile back to Iva vs. Kuma, Doflamingo explains how Kuma was gradually converted into a Pacifista, starting with his limbs, and recently his head was just completed (which confirms the theory that he's indeed a complete cyborg now). Iva is saddened that Kuma is now a mindless killing machine, but gets angry when he sees his former comrade attacking some of the other ID prisoners. Iva says that he's prepared to go all-out against him now......
For someone that separated the Strawhat crew, Kuma doesn't deserve to be dead in spirit and willpower.

Quote:
-Cut to Crocodile and Daz, who've been seperated from Luffy and co. Naturally Crocoboy still intends to take Whitebeard's head, and blows away some pirates who try to stop him. However, Jozu appears and manages to get in a good hit on the sandman (Croc says that Jozu is surprisingly fast despite his size, so I don't think this has anything to do with Haki). Jozu gets ready to attack again, but gets stopped by Doflamingo, who was nearby. He mocks Crocodile, who gets pissed and threatens to kill him, but Doflamingo has a different suggestion: Joining forces with him. It seems like the both of them will fight Jozu......
This would be a good opportunity for Doflamingo to show more of his powers.

Quote:
-Mihawk is now the one to stop Luffy in his tracks. Apparently, he's itching for a fight against the supernova rookie(!!!).......
How is Luffy gonna get out of this one?

Quote:
Oh, and there's no chapter next week. Just lettin' you guys know now.
Of all the rotten luck. < grumbling: "Sassafrassarassum..."
Old 2009-10-05, 19:42   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Smoker will be to luffy like what grap was to roger i don't ever see him catching him.
I see it more as Coby will be to Luffy what Garp was to Roger. Until Coby significantly improves, however, Smoker will be the one to chase Luffy relentlessly.