AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-13, 12:34   Link #1
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel [Ar Tonelico 3]

The third installment to the Ar Tonelico series has been announced for the PS3, so says the RPGFan article. Also comes with a a couple of scans that are pictured below, so let us rejoice!

Looks like GUST has found it's appropriate way to adapt its games to the new generation, because they've reformed Ar Tonelico 3 to have 3D graphics accompanied with hi-definition 2D dialogue/menu sprites, similar to what they did for the Atelier series as well. As of right now I can't say I'm too fond of the main hero/heroines character designs (if I had to pick, it would have to be the blonde Reyvateil... can anyone confirm if she's Saki or Finnel?), and the new and exciting twists to the Dive system that the article point out don't really sound new or interesting (call me crazy, but haven't we encountered multiple personalities while diving n the previous games already?), but it's still going to be a buy for me. I just hope they don't decide to keep any of the horrid mechanics from Ar Tonelico 2. >_>
Old 2009-10-13, 12:48   Link #2
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Horrid O_o What do ou mean ? The mechanincs on AT2 is really good. It's the first time that I see someone saying that about AT2 O_o

There is only one thing I want about AT3 : Please more difficult. Please Guts, hears my voice >8<

I'm a bit suprised that's an hero and not an heroine (Cocona) especially when we know how Tyria is.
Old 2009-10-13, 13:13   Link #3
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Horrid O_o What do ou mean ? The mechanincs on AT2 is really good. It's the first time that I see someone saying that about AT2 O_o

There is only one thing I want about AT3 : Please more difficult. Please Guts, hears my voice >8<

I'm a bit suprised that's an hero and not an heroine (Cocona) especially when we know how Tyria is.
AT2's gameplay was terrible, I still to this day can't bring myself to finish it...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 13:42   Link #4
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Well now It's the second time that I see someone saying that

But what don't you like about AT2 gameplay ? It's really good for me.
Old 2009-10-13, 13:52   Link #5
Zekori

The mechanics was fine in AT2, AT1 was pretty boring imho. Having needing to downgrade my vanguards so I can farm certain items was a drag here and there for example.

Anyways moving onto the subject at hand,the new revyatails consist of two blonds and a purple haired cocona (judging from the body stance). The new hero looks pretty awkward, for living in a human-oppressed (at least that's what I caught) society, having the spiffy cloths and all.

Oh well I'm glad to see AT3 regardless, now I probably have more of a reason to get a PS3 (VC, D3, MGS4, NGS 1 and 2, Atelier Rorona was announced, and now AT3).

Now here's hoping it receives a merciful localization job this time.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 15:05   Link #6
DeotoxSlayer

http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation-3...mitsu-magazine

I can't wait. I'm sure this will get localized and since they're gonna be using Blu-Ray discs there should be no reason tht they can't have full Dual-Audio unlike the last games where they had problems.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 15:51   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

Umm...Atto... You're not really planning to show up on my console with that hairstyle, are you? 'Cos I know a really good barber down in Firefly Alley who could fix that thing right up...
Old 2009-10-13, 16:10   Link #8
Estelvice

Its nice to know we won't be having sprites for the next Ar Tonelico game. I really liked AT2's gameplay, I hope they bring it back with some improvements.
Estelvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 16:14   Link #9
CHRONICLE_KEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
(if I had to pick, it would have to be the blonde Reyvateil... can anyone confirm if she's Saki or Finnel?)
She's Saki, you can see the names in an artbook in the scans.

Well I am really exited about this, hopefully for more info
CHRONICLE_KEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 17:10   Link #10
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Voice Actors confirmed:

Sakuya: Mai Nakahara
Finnel: Eri Kitamura

Don't who is voicing Aoto.
Old 2009-10-13, 19:20   Link #11
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

According to http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation-3...mitsu-magazine ...

Saki - Heroine (CV: Gotou Mai)
Finnelle - Heroine (CV: Kitamura Eri)
Aoto - Protagonist (CV: Sugiyama Noriaki)

So who is correct?
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 19:38   Link #12
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

are there any returning characters from the previous game? (wishing for jacqli, croix, cloche, & luca)
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 19:38   Link #13
Wadjet
Join the Yggdra Union

All I know is the 3rd Revytail better be Cocona or there will be hell to pay
Old 2009-10-14, 00:15   Link #14
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I don't really want that to happen.
Croix would also not permit it. >:3

A cameo appearance would be nice though.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 00:30   Link #15
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I want .

But considering that AT3's story will progress in the 3rd tower, I'm not holding much hope about that.
Old 2009-10-14, 02:41   Link #16
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Since Cocona should have come to the world where AT 3 will resolve, I think there's a high chance that she will be the 3rc reyvateil ;_; but then I'll miss playing vanguard as cocona And also other characters since I think there's something going on with AT world that needs to be resolved.

Since this world has the reyvateil being the majority and supposed to treat humans as inferior, would there be a change with the battle system ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 02:57   Link #17
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Taken from PS3 thread:

Addition info about AT3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjo Senpai
The first link is to a blog post that I stumbled upon; it leads to the article in the second link. It's mainly about a new system called ADAMS, for creating "adaptive music" in games. Basically, this system would change the character of the music based on what's going on in the game; I didn't read into much detail, but it sounds pretty excellent.

What's most interesting, though, is the tantalizing bit where the article refers to an "unannounced game" that Tsuchiya Akira is working on, expected to be released next Spring. Tsuchiya's demonstration images in his presentation used Ar tonelico 2 art, and the series is overdue for another entry, considering that three Atelier games (Mana-Khemia 2, Atelier Rorona, and Atelier Annie) have come out since At2. And what better game to use an advanced music system in than the intensely music-focused Ar tonelico?

This is pretty exciting; if the game is due in Spring, we should hear an announcement very soon!

I am pretty confident that Ar tonelico 3 will be a PS3 game. GUST finally committed to the platform with Atelier Rorona. I see that game as a way for them to build up their codebase and development chops onPS3 , so that they'll have some experience before tackling the next Ar tonelico, which needs to live up to its legacy as GUST's new (relatively) hit series. GUST relies heavily on shared engine code between their games; moving to a whole new platform is a huge deal for them, and I doubt they're going to look back to PS2 or switch platforms now that they've started theirPS3 journey. (That doesn't rule out hiring other development teams to make side-games on other platforms, like the Atelier titles on DS, but they wouldn't do that for a flagship title.)

As for the music system being used in the game, the article says that Tsuchiya and GUST have spent 10 months working with a beta version of ADAMS, in an unannounced title, and that this title will be the first product to use the system. So there doesn't seem to be much doubt that the next GUST game will have the ADAMS system in it. Also, the article is pretty specific in saying that this unreleased title will be announced within this year, and released next Spring.

As for a fan translation, if NISA doesn't take it on for some reason, it would likely have to be a text script to read along with (like the Xenosaga Madness Project or Kayama's Sakura Taisen scripts) rather than a patch. I don't think thatPS3 hacking has gotten to the level of patching games yet, has it?
Source

Quote:
Jan 28, 2010 (Currently 80% complete)
There will be an Ar Tonelico event at the Akihabara Enta Festival on the 25th if you're in Japan and want to go...dunno how to get into the event...need to figure it out yourself (if I were there, I'd go )
Source

Quote:
Song magic is still a key feature of Ar Tonelico III, but the battle system has been revised. Players can make custom songs with the R.A.H. system and change the background music in real time. It also looks like Gust shifted the game’s presentation from 2D to 3D.

Namco Bandai will release Ar Tonelico III on January 28, 2010.
I'd say, the battle system will change, a lot. Main focus now is the song system.
Old 2009-10-15, 11:12   Link #18
ShinGundam

Teaser
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 11:38   Link #19
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/wp-con...eenshots-4.jpg
1. Install
3. Present
4. Go Home
and...
2. Strip

WTF! I thought that "dive" is just too excessive but "Strip"
WTF!
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 13:14   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/wp-con...eenshots-4.jpg
1. Install
3. Present
4. Go Home
and...
2. Strip

WTF! I thought that "dive" is just too excessive but "Strip"
WTF!
Dead link btw... anyway, so does this mean it'll be more of a dating sim when interacting with the Reyvatiels? :O
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote