AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 01:02   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Accel World - Requests for new threads

Since the Accel World forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Accel World thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2012-07-09, 17:40   Link #2
Dark Wing

Well since we got one for SAO any chance of a fanfic thread for Accel World?
Old 2012-07-09, 18:03   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Done........
Old 2012-07-13, 12:22   Link #4
Miraluka
Banned

We need the new episode thread....
Old 2012-07-13, 12:34   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
We need the new episode thread....
Sorry about that -- it's done now.
Old 2012-09-13, 10:27   Link #6
LROlsson

Isn't there going to be a thread for Ex 01 that came with the limited edition of the first game?
Old 2012-09-14, 07:17   Link #7
judasmartel
*Author

Is there a VA Appreciation Thread for this one?

Accel World made me respect Yuuki Kaji for his ability to voice a wimp like Haru so convincingly that I thought for a second that he was actually voicing Taku.
Old 2012-09-21, 11:24   Link #8
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Is a episode 24 thread gonna be up soon? Seeing the screens of the episode reminded me that its today.
Old 2012-09-21, 12:36   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Is a episode 24 thread gonna be up soon? Seeing the screens of the episode reminded me that its today.
Yes, quite right -- up now!
Old 2012-09-25, 21:55   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm working on a Character Poll for the series, and these are the important characters I can think of (some of them are less important than others, really -- near the end you're talking about people who may only have appeared once -- perhaps they could be cut out). Anyone I've missed?

Haruyuki Arita (Silver Crow)
Kuroyukihime (Black Lotus)
Chiyuri Kurashima (Lime Bell)
Takumu Mayuzumi (Cyan Pile)
Fuuko Kurasaki (Sky Raker)
Aqua Current
Yuniko Kouzuki (Scarlet Rain)
Blood Leopard
Ash Roller
Seiji Noumi (Dusk Taker)
Megumi Wakamiya
Ruka Asato (Lagoon Dolphin)
Itosu Mana (Coral Merrow)
Yellow Radio
Nickel Doll
Sand Duct
Old 2012-09-25, 22:42   Link #11
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Black Vice and Crikin.
Old 2012-12-08, 09:45   Link #12
Sunder the Gold

Could we have a new thread to compile the various rules and structures of the Accelerated World game, and speculate about the creator's intentions?

For example, a number of tools and subsystems indicate that the creator intended for Burst Linkers to form Legions.

1) Legion Solidarity: IIRC, members of the same Legion cannot randomly challenge each other. Or, if they can, anyone who makes an ass of one's self will tend to face reprisal by the Legion Master or the Legion as a whole.

2) Territory: Members of the same Legion can enter a cooperative battle to claim a territory in the real world where they do not have to fear random challenges from Burst Linkers outside of their Legion. (Noumi had to directly link with Haru to challenge him; Taku challenged him to the next fight; Haru and Taku challenged him to the third.)

3) Judgment Blow gives Legion Masters the ability to enforce their will upon other members of the Legion, becoming central authority figures. Further, this encourages the Legion Master to surround one's self with subordinates and never leave their territory, since it reduces the chances of being finally-defeated. When you have Judgment Blow in addition to your own Level advantage, you become further protected against the only people currently capable of challenging you.

There are others. Only when one reaches Level 4 do they gain access to the Unlimited Neutral Field, which works more like an MMO game than a fighting game, allowing a Burst Linker to approach the Accelerated World outside the context of duels. They can either engage in a wider variety of underhanded strategies (as Yellow Radio did) or they can treat the game entirely as a PVE world (by hunting Enemies). They can avoid fighting entirely and simply explore the UNF for secrets.

But even before Level 4, there are Tag Team Matches, Free-For-Alls (Lime Bell entered one at Level 1), and Territory Battles (which Silver Crow entered at Level 1, together with Cyan Pile, while Black Lotus was unavailable.)

So despite the potential for the Accelerated World to be a ruthless dueling system, there are numerous subsystems that allow for -- and even encourage -- teamwork, cooperation and comraderie... in only in the context of factionalism and "us versus them" mentality, since it IS, at the core, a competition.

What's so unusual about the rules for achieving Level 10 is that they are apparently the only additional rules that introduce further conflict into the game. Before that point, all other sub-rules worked to promote a form of harmony.

But at the same time, the rules encourage stagnation. All of the sudden, all Level 8 players have to question whether or not they really want to become Level 9 at all. All of the current Level 9s have to become suspicious of anyone who wants to advance beyond Level 8.

And it doesn't seem likely that all Seven Kings achieved Level 9 at exactly the same time, so it seems deliberate that the new rules were only revealed when the last of the Seven Kings reached that Level.
Old 2012-12-08, 12:22   Link #13
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Is this sort of thread okay for anime-only viewers, or is it something that can only be discussed if you know the novels?
Old 2012-12-08, 13:13   Link #14
Sunder the Gold

I've read only the Second and some of the... Fourth? novel.

Of all of the "game rules" mentioned in that post, the only one not explicitly introduced in the anime would be (1), the idea that members of your own legion can't challenge you willy-nilly, if only because of social reactions from the rest of the legion.
Old 2012-12-22, 21:55   Link #15
draxdeveloper

Can it have a relationship thread?

Also, it wold be coll a thread explaining the colors... Including the metallic scale, because you know, it's a bit confuse...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-22 at 23:33. Reason: merged double-post
Old 2012-12-22, 22:43   Link #16
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by draxdeveloper View Post
Also, it wold be coll a thread explaining the colors... Including the metallic scale, because you know, it's a bit confuse...
A thread about the known "avatar parameters" could double as a thread for brainstorming and sharing original characters, as well as speculating about how certain attacks and special moves work and could be improved as the characters level up.

I have lots of ideas to share for original Duel Avatars, and I'd love to hear some ideas on how Yellow avatars are supposed to fight without specializing in some method of direct long range or close range attacks.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:00   Link #17
draxdeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
A thread about the known "avatar parameters" could double as a thread for brainstorming and sharing original characters, as well as speculating about how certain attacks and special moves work and could be improved as the characters level up.

I have lots of ideas to share for original Duel Avatars, and I'd love to hear some ideas on how Yellow avatars are supposed to fight without specializing in some method of direct long range or close range attacks.
Yes, about the anime viwers LN readers parts that was said before... (i an talking about you other post)
Have a solution here, make a general thread about the AW system (including the said colors, territory,rules,leves, the store and etc) but this thread is divided in two... One for the LN readers and one for the anime viewers... And of course, spoilers need the spoilers tags
Old 2012-12-22, 23:18   Link #18
Sunder the Gold

There's already a thread for discussing non-avatar rules of the game, like territories and matches and Item Shops.

I've post four or five times in there so far, and no one has answered or offered their own thoughts.

Ideally, a thread discussing avatar-generation and capabilities would be seperate from the thread discussing the game rules as a whole.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:24   Link #19
draxdeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
There's already a thread for discussing non-avatar rules of the game, like territories and matches and Item Shops.

I've post four or five times in there so far, and no one has answered or offered their own thoughts.

Ideally, a thread discussing avatar-generation and capabilities would be seperate from the thread discussing the game rules as a whole.
Yes, it would be a good idea... But still i reallt think that a separaion between anime and LN would be even better
(i have see your posts... Just i don't have nothing to say... the anime don't give to much base for this kind of discussion...)
Old 2012-12-22, 23:33   Link #20
Sunder the Gold

I cannot see how seperating either of those threads by anime/LN would do any good.

Both mediums tell the same story. Since it's the same story, and the avatars and game work exactly the same way.

Brainstorming an original character for the manga would be the same as for the anime or the LN.

Mentioning how, in the Light Novels, Haru explicitly mentions earning 20 points for defeating Ash Roller in their second fight... that can be clearly taken as an indication that he won the same number of points for the same fight in the anime or manga. Because it's the same story.
Closed Thread