AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-15, 17:38   Link #81
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Zoro doesn't like to go all-out against people weaker than him. Maybe it's a trait he always had. Or maybe Mihawk rubbed off on him. Or a combination thereof.
Old 2012-12-15, 19:03   Link #82
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Any chapter next week

There is, but note that both 693 and 694 land on double issues, which means two breaks in a row (though remember that this is the MAGAZINE going on break, not Oda). But on the plus side, holiday issues usually mean early spoilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Monet was considerably weaker than Vergo, and she was also a fellow member of Dofla's crew. Associativity doesn't mean much here. Pretty much every faction we've seen in this series has great variances in power/strength amongst its members. Dofla's crew should be no exception. Chances are high that the guys that stayed behind at Dresrosa are stronger than Baby 5 and Buffalo. The way I see it, the main threats of this arc have been vanquished (CC and Vergo), and thus this arc should be wrapping up shortly (the worst is over). Any threat that Baby 5 and Buffalo impose shouldn't be a problem right now, seeing as how they're badly outnumbered by their opposition. And I don't see them being what Kuma was to Thriller Bark (an even more formidable adversary shows up when the boss (Moria) is defeated).

Don't get me wrong, I also agree that both Baby-5 and Buffalo are less of a threat when compared to CC and Vergo (I even kind of said that much in that paragraph you quoted), but I'm just saying that it might be a little too soon to count the both of them as complete pushovers. At the very least, they could both be above Monet in terms of strength. We at least saw that Buffalo had no problem clearing away Caesar's poison gas by himself, so that right there shows just how flexible his propeller powers are. And as for Baby-5..... well, if she can create weapons, perhaps that would even include nukes?

But yeah, my point is that we shouldn't dismiss them both yet. Heck, Franky or whoever probably won't have a serious match against them at PH, anyways. The REAL match would most likely take place at Dressrosa.....
Old 2012-12-15, 19:07   Link #83
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Yo.

You and me.

Outside.

Now.
i didn't get it at first then i read it again and i ROFL .

For Every one who doesn't know Neither of them are UGLY.

Brook is a Skeleton .Just bones YOHOHOHO ( maybe santa )

And Franky is a uhhm Pervert .
Old 2012-12-16, 00:53   Link #84
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What's wrong with them being in a relationship?

Although Oda would have to tone down the OTT-ness of the characters..
Agree^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Let's face it, by now many fans (mostly male) want a new female nakama to join the crew permanently (either that or Vivi somehow comes back for good...) and while many want a hot babe (I would never complain of course) I'd be cool with her just being female...I dunno, I just think a new female would balance the crew better. I love the Strawhats as they are and would never take anyone away from the crew but it kinda feels weird with the only females being Nami and Robin for such a long time.
When you say mostly male... this is a shonen manga... and yes its about time the straw hats add another girl. I am a fan of robots, deer and bones but Chicks with Guns are more amusing

Why do people always mention Vivi I personally thought she was annoying and she contributes NOTHING to the team. She has no knowledge of navigation or combat.

I am not one of those ONe piece fans who wants every cool character to Join, I never thought Monet had a chance, I knew Jimbei would not join(He is way to powerful), but as soon as I saw Baby 5 riding on the back of a spinning condom I felt based on her quirks and abilities she would be a perfect fit the team.

The straw hats have all necesary positions filled- Navigator, shipwright-cook-doctor etc so the 10th spot may be filled be open for someone who can provide laughs and fan service... which I think is a great idea.

Quote:

Yo.

You and me.

Outside.

Now.
Brooke is ugly cuz he needs to lose a bit more weight(skull joke)
Franky is awesome don't get me wrong But how many girls that you know are into cyborgs?
As for the Manly Usopp... has any one noticed he just is not funny any more post time skip?
Old 2012-12-16, 01:12   Link #85
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Technically Jinbe did join...he's just not going with the crew just yet.

Oh yea...I forgot to add:

If Bon-chan joined in...I wouldn't care about no more females joining the crew. I'd trade Nakama Bon-chan over any possible new male or female member.
Why!? WHY!? Well if you need to ask then you don't deserve an answer...or my respect GOOD DAY SIR!
Old 2012-12-16, 06:24   Link #86
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Technically Jinbe did join...he's just not going with the crew just yet.

Oh yea...I forgot to add:

If Bon-chan joined in...I wouldn't care about no more females joining the crew. I'd trade Nakama Bon-chan over any possible new male or female member.
Why!? WHY!? Well if you need to ask then you don't deserve an answer...or my respect GOOD DAY SIR!
QFT. There's nothing more to say. ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)
Old 2012-12-16, 14:32   Link #87
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I doubt there will be any significant fighting from either Baby 5 of Buffalo, but I do kind of want to see Nami fight Buffalo (I don't know why, there would just be something funny about Nami fighting such a large man) and Franky fight Baby 5...
I agree with that Baby 5 and Buffalo are probably going to be like Big Mom's people at the end of Fishmen Arc.

But since this arc is tying up, something kind of peeked in my head.

I was away for a few week and was just catching past few chapters up.

It's actually being in my head for a while but the recent chapter brought it back for me.

Do anyone think that Kid/Apoo/Hawkins alliance has something to do Law and his alliance to Luffy? Simply put Law is behind pulling the strings for a Supernova alliance?

Considering that Kid seems to be in conflict with Big Mom too, his tri-alliance was also the one that featured in the last page of of Ch. 690 when Law was threatening Doflamingo and as people mentioned right now Big Mom seems to be the Yonku that was buying and using Smiles...
Old 2012-12-16, 17:33   Link #88
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While the "Punk Hazard" arc seems to be coming to an end. This arc seems to be little more than an introduction to the overarching "Joker Saga". Similar to the Baroque Works / CP9 / Rescue Ace sagas.
Old 2012-12-16, 20:07   Link #89
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Blah blah blah BOOBS blah blah blah BOOBS blah blah blah LEGS blah. Blah Boobs.
What is wrong with boobs and legs? We have too many Pickles and eggs in the crew if you know what I mean(Has anyone seen that animated Sinbad movie: PICKLE and eggs reference will make sense).

Sanji has alot of pent up urges from being rejected by Nami for too long (cuz we all know she digs Luffy deep down )about time Oda start feeling some pity on Sanji!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
While the "Punk Hazard" arc seems to be coming to an end. This arc seems to be little more than an introduction to the overarching "Joker Saga". Similar to the Baroque Works / CP9 / Rescue Ace sagas.
I think DoFlo will have some allies before he takes on Luffy, maybe Kidd will aid Joker, why else would they keep on showing Kidd and his interest in Ceaser.
Old 2012-12-16, 20:55   Link #90
Undertaker

Actually Kid was telling Killer that the broadcast was pointless. It only caught his eye because Luffy was shown back from chap. 677 He then proceeded to meet with Apoo and Hawkins and in this chapter it was Killer who continues to watch the broadcast, Kid was nowhere to be found. So I won't say he is especially interested in Ceaser.
Old 2012-12-17, 19:14   Link #91
marvelB

Y'know, this was long, long, overdue, but I had to comment on Usopp's weapons this chapter. So I noticed that his Kabuto is a different one from the shorter version we've seen up until now (in fact, it looks much more like the version we were familiar with before the skip!). Secondly..... is that a Piranha Plant that he's using as a weapon?

And..... yeah, currently I'm still betting on my "Luffy vaccine" theory to be the solution towards curing all the victims of Caesar's poison....
Old 2012-12-17, 21:16   Link #92
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Bet franky will shot first and ask question later on the next chapter

time for more Franky Radical Beam
Old 2012-12-18, 00:02   Link #93
marvelB

BTW, another thing I forgot to mention:

Since this week's chapter is going to be released in a double-issue, that means we may get spoilers as early as tonight. So keep your eyes peeled, just in case.

Edit: And here's an early Christmas present!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-12-18 at 03:31.
Closed Thread